[Drama 2022-2023] The Glory, 더 글로리

twtwb

17 minutes ago, Cheryl295 said:

I hope this will be in Netflix. According to someone at Encounter thread, in November 2019, Studio Dragon signed an agreement with Netflix. But apparently not all their dramas before the agreement (such as Encounter) was signed were included in the agreement. 

Hoping this one will be a Netflix drama. 

Yup this was what I learned why Encounter was not in Netflix. I need to see more Song Hye Kyo Netflix dramas.

Thanks @twtwb 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jenny Chang said:

Hi everyone, 

Discussion from Thequoo,

After the news that actress Song Hye Kyo confirmed to join writer Kim Eun Sook's new drama was announced on yesterday (January 5), some previously posted rumors were noticed by Knetizens. .

A post on December 27, 2020 on theqoo : “The male lead in writer Kim Eun Sook's drama this time has discussed, he is Won Bin. News will probably be published in January ”.

Another post on December 25, 2020 also revealed the names of the two main leads in writer Kim Eun Sook's new drama whose initials are ㅇㅂ (원빈 - Won Bin) and ㅅㅎㄱ (송혜교 - Song Hye Kyo ).

=> Anything is just rumors. So lets wait until everything is official confirmed.

Oh my! make this happen:Please:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Hi chingu-deul! When I said I hoped to interact with some of you in Kyo’s drama thread soon, I didn’t expect it to be so soon!

Thank you so much @twtwb for setting up this thread even before we have the drama title :blush:

And yes!!! I would love a AIMH’s reunion of Wonbin and Kyo! 

Can’t wait for more details about the drama, drama filming sightings, script reading etc. Half a year to the start of drama shooting seems so long haha :) 

Am really looking forward to our drama journey together!  

• Like 11
  • Blob 1

Source: koreadispatch Instagram

The drama production Hwa&Dam Pictures said on the 5th, “Song Hye Kyo will lead the new work of Kim Eun Sook.” But nothing specific details has been told about the story and role.

However, industry officials are expecting the new work as a genre play. It is predicted that it won’t be another sweet romantic comedy which Kim Eun Sook’s main work.

In a recent fashion magazine interview, Song Hye Kyo also hinted that “interesting works that cross the genre are increasing. There are various genre scripts coming for me.”

mvwcG9y.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have faith that this will be a drama we can look forward too. It takes her time to choose her work but she makes sure it is memorable So excited to get more details for this drama. But for now we wait for more details . The rumors of ML casting will continue till they finalize the casting. We can hope it will be a good one. If it's WONBIN woohoo! My 20 year wish will come true finally. :issohappy:

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

Hi all

Thank you for creating this topics @twtwb I am so happy Kyo decided to comeback in 2021. This year marks her 25th debut anniversary. I hope the drama will be a blast, and hope it will be another masterpiece by Kyo... but whatever the result is. I'm very proud of her. After all she had been through, she keep moving on, build herself again, and ready to bring us a Hallyu drama again. I don't really care who is the male leads. I hear KES is writing a drama with title "The Woman in a White Horse" so I am guessing a female centered drama? KES made several changes on Kang Mo Yeon after she met Kyo. I believe this drama is written with some of Kyo's influence too. I'm already proud of Kyo for her bravery to take this project, no matter the result, no matter how high the ratings is, the awards etc, I am happy she can work again. I love how she, and KES maintain a good relationship... hopefully the drama will be successful and once again bring Hallyu wave all over the world 

• Like 10

Yes!! Finally!! 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003451009

김은숙 작가X송혜교 차기작 제목은 '더 글로리'…8부작 복수극 [공식입장]

원본보기

202101081445221634-1-20210108145017534.j
[마이데일리 = 이승길 기자] '태양의 후예' 신드롬을 이끈 김은숙 작가와 배우 송혜교가 다시 만났다. 신작의 이름은 '더 글로리(The Glory)'다.

8일 제작사 화앤담픽쳐스는 '더 글로리(The Glory)'라는 김은숙 작가 신작의 작품명을 공개했다.

'더 글로리(The Glory)'는 건축가를 꿈꾸었지만 고등학교 시절 잔인한 학교폭력으로 자퇴를 한 주인공이 가해 주동자가 결혼을 하고 아이를 낳고, 그 아이가 초등학교에 입학할 때까지 기다렸다 아이의 담임교사로 부임한 후, 가해자들과 방관자들에게 철저한 혹은 처절한 복수를 시작하는 사악하고 슬픈 이야기이다.

202101081445221634-2-20210108145017558.j

드라마 '더 글로리(The Glory)'는 8부작 시즌물로 제작되며, 방송사와 구체적인 방송 시기는 미정이다. 하지만 연출진과 주인공이 확정된 만큼 올 하반기에는 촬영을 시작할 예정이며 드라마의 완성도를 위해 100% 사전제작으로 제작된다.

제작사 화앤담픽쳐스는 “드라마 ‘더 글로리(The Glory)’는 흥미진진한 ‘김은숙 작가의 스토리라인’과 명불허전 ‘송혜교의 완벽한 연기변신’, 힘 있고 섬세한 ‘안길호 감독의 감각적 영상’ 삼박자로 새로운 복수극의 탄생을 기대해도 좋다”라고 밝혔다.

[사진 = 마이데일리 사진DB]

(이승길 기자 winnings@mydaily.co.kr)

Translation from Papago:

Writer Kim Eun-sook X Song Hye-kyo's next film is titled 'The Glory'…an eight-part revenge 

Writer Kim Eun-sook and actress Song Hye-kyo, who led the syndrome of "Descendants of the Sun," met again. The new film is called "The Glory."

On the 8th, the production company Hwa & Da Pictures released the name of Kim Eun-sook's new work, "The Glory."

The Glory dreamed of becoming an architect, but he dropped out of school due to brutal violence in high school, and waited until the mastermind got married and had children, and the child entered elementary school. It is a wicked and sad story that begins a thorough or desperate revenge on the perpetrators and bystanders after being appointed as the child's homeroom teacher.

"The Glory" will be produced as an eight-part series, with the broadcaster and the specific timing of the show undecided. However, as the production team and the main character are confirmed, the filming will begin in the second half of this year, and it will be produced 100% in advance for the completion of the drama.

"The Glory is an exciting storyline of Kim Eun-sook, Song Hye-kyo's perfect acting transformation, and powerful and delicate "sensual video of director Ahn Gil-ho," the production company Hwa & Da Pictures said.

[Pictures = My Daily Pictures DB]

(Reporter Lee Seung-gil winnings@mydaily.co.kr)

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, ulap2 said:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003451009

Yes!! Finally!! 

김은숙 작가X송혜교 차기작 제목은 '더 글로리'…8부작 복수극 [공식입장]

원본보기
[마이데일리 = 이승길 기자] '태양의 후예' 신드롬을 이끈 김은숙 작가와 배우 송혜교가 다시 만났다. 신작의 이름은 '더 글로리(The Glory)'다.

8일 제작사 화앤담픽쳐스는 '더 글로리(The Glory)'라는 김은숙 작가 신작의 작품명을 공개했다.

'더 글로리(The Glory)'는 건축가를 꿈꾸었지만 고등학교 시절 잔인한 학교폭력으로 자퇴를 한 주인공이 가해 주동자가 결혼을 하고 아이를 낳고, 그 아이가 초등학교에 입학할 때까지 기다렸다 아이의 담임교사로 부임한 후, 가해자들과 방관자들에게 철저한 혹은 처절한 복수를 시작하는 사악하고 슬픈 이야기이다.

드라마 '더 글로리(The Glory)'는 8부작 시즌물로 제작되며, 방송사와 구체적인 방송 시기는 미정이다. 하지만 연출진과 주인공이 확정된 만큼 올 하반기에는 촬영을 시작할 예정이며 드라마의 완성도를 위해 100% 사전제작으로 제작된다.

제작사 화앤담픽쳐스는 “드라마 ‘더 글로리(The Glory)’는 흥미진진한 ‘김은숙 작가의 스토리라인’과 명불허전 ‘송혜교의 완벽한 연기변신’, 힘 있고 섬세한 ‘안길호 감독의 감각적 영상’ 삼박자로 새로운 복수극의 탄생을 기대해도 좋다”라고 밝혔다.

[사진 = 마이데일리 사진DB]

(이승길 기자 winnings@mydaily.co.kr)

Translation from Papago:

Writer Kim Eun-sook X Song Hye-kyo's next film is titled 'The Glory'…an eight-part revenge 

Writer Kim Eun-sook and actress Song Hye-kyo, who led the syndrome of "Descendants of the Sun," met again. The new film is called "The Glory."

On the 8th, the production company Hwa & Da Pictures released the name of Kim Eun-sook's new work, "The Glory."

The Glory dreamed of becoming an architect, but he dropped out of school due to brutal violence in high school, and waited until the mastermind got married and had children, and the child entered elementary school. It is a wicked and sad story that begins a thorough or desperate revenge on the perpetrators and bystanders after being appointed as the child's homeroom teacher.

"The Glory" will be produced as an eight-part series, with the broadcaster and the specific timing of the show undecided. However, as the production team and the main character are confirmed, the filming will begin in the second half of this year, and it will be produced 100% in advance for the completion of the drama.

"The Glory is an exciting storyline of Kim Eun-sook, Song Hye-kyo's perfect acting transformation, and powerful and delicate "sensual video of director Ahn Gil-ho," the production company Hwa & Da Pictures said.

[Pictures = My Daily Pictures DB]

(Reporter Lee Seung-gil winnings@mydaily.co.kr)

We gonna see a different Song Hye-kyo in this drama. I can't wait!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wow..its been a while I've been in soompi since kyo latest drama..it's good to be back..so its basically only 8 episodes n in season?its sounds like in Netflix form for me.. nevertheless I'm excited to know how it will goes..

However I want Won Bin to be pair with her I doubt it he will agree to be part of it cz base from the storyline it's more like female centric theme..but who knows we will get great news to hear..

• Like 5

I am so elated with the possibility of original BINKYO WON BIN & KYO reunion. The reason why writer KES always choose WON BIN for ML probably because of his long hiatus (he needs to comeback to showcase again his stellar performance). He is a brilliant actor. 

Won Bin oppa, #jebalyooo please be the ml for The Glory. :Please:

Eonnie Kyo, hwaiting! See you, soon! :heart2:

Edited by Em Cookie
  • Like 2

So the title is THE GLORY and it seems the male cast will be villain. The bad guy from high school. Maybe a female centric drama I am super excited for this.

Why do I think Kang Dong Won fits the role of the bad guy? It may not fit Won Bin but let's see. 

New Year, New Kyo indeed!

:heart1:

Edited by SongHyeKyoFan
  • Like 2
  • Blob 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Glory, 더 글로리 - Song Hye Kyo - Premieres second half of 2021