Kim Tae Ri 김태리~Chungmuro Star~ [Upcoming Drama 2024: Jeong Nyeon]

DrBooger

Source:https://my.asiatatler.com/life/space-sweepers-movie-netflix

Space Sweepers: Why You Should Watch This Netflix Korean Movie

Movie

Space Sweepers
A scene from Space Sweepers (Photo: Courtesy of Netflix)
Space Sweepers debuted at No.1 on Netflix in various countries, including Malaysia

Netflix is on a roll—after its massively successful TV shows such as Lupin, The Queen's Gambit and Bridgerton, the streaming giant proves that it's also home to blockbuster movies. Enter Space Sweepers, the latest Korean movie that dropped on Netflix on February 5 has already topped the charts in various regions around the world, even just a few days after its release.

The science-fiction blockbuster is set in 2092 when Earth has become almost uninhabitable. UTS, a large corporation decides to build a new home on Mars but only for a selected few. The story follows Tae-ho (Song Joong-ki) and Captain Jang (Kim Tae-ri), who are part of a crew of The Victory, a space junk collector ship. Seemingly just tasked with collecting space junk and making ends meet, the crew's lives when they discover a child robot named Dorothy, who despite her appearance, is actually a highly dangerous weapon.

But whether you've seen the movie or not, there's bound to be some details about it that have you curious. Here are five things you should know about the latest Netflix hit.

1/5It's the first Korean space movie

Space Sweepers is heralded as the first Korean sci-fi blockbuster that's set in space, no doubt one of the reasons why it has become a massive hit just days after its release. While there have been a number of Korean sci-fi blockbusters, most of them were set in the future or in a more dystopian setting on Earth such as Time to Hunt and Illang: The Wolf Brigade. This new and refreshing first-of-its-king setting sets a promising tone for future Korean space films.

With the first all-civilian flight to space set to launch later this year, as well as the plans for a space luxury hotel slated for 2024, tales set in outer space will continue to fascinate our imaginations of life beyond the stars.

2/5The release has been delayed due to Covid-19

Like many other movies whose production and release have been delayed to Covid-19, Space Sweepers isn't an exception. The filming started in 2019 and was slated for a 2020 release until the pandemic hit. Plans were made to release it during South Korea's chuseok holiday (or autumn eve) but were once again postponed due to the rise of the Covid-19 cases in the country. Eventually, it was decided that the film will be released exclusively on Netflix.

3/5It boasts two star-power leads

Space Sweepers stars The Handmaiden's Kim Tae-ri and Descendents of the Sun's Song Joong-ki—two household names in South Korea. As early as June 2018, it was reported that Song already agreed to star in director Jo Sung-hee's next film after the success of A Werewolf Boy even before he read the script. On the other hand, Kim was offered the role in January 2019 and was instantly sold by the movie's premise.

Song's last movie was in 2017 for The Battleship Island while Kim's was Little Forest in 2018—making this sort of their comeback to the big screen. Other than these two star-power leads, Space Sweepers also stars The Outlaw's Jin Seon-kyu and top character actor, Yoo Hae-jin. English actor, Richard Armitage is also part of the cast, making it is his first Korean film.

4/5The story was written 10 years prior to the release date

The idea for Space Sweepers was conceived in 2009, even before director Jo's first massive hit, A Werewolf Boy in 2012 which also starred Song Joong-ki. The director said that he has always heard many stories about space junk and space sweepers from his friend, prompting the idea for what would eventually become a blockbuster hit.

5/5It's already No.1 in Hong Kong—and various other countries

Space Sweepers was released on February 5 and debuted No.1 on Netflix in at least 16 countries including the Philippines, France, Malaysia and its home turf South Korea. The movie has already climbed to the No.1 spot in Hong Kong and shows no sign of stopping anytime soon.

The movie might be the first Korean sci-fi flick set in space but given the success of its premiere, it looks like it won't be the last.

Source:https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/arts-and-entertainment/2064959/a-korean-space-opera

A Korean space opera

Director Jo Sung-hee's visually stunning Space Sweepers joins a growing list of movie industries making films set outside our planet

After months of delay due to the pandemic, Space Sweepers, one of the most anticipated high budget South Korean sci-fi action films of the year, has found a home on Netflix and is providing movie fans an opportunity to see what the first blockbuster Korean space opera looks like. Now, director Jo Sung-hee, as well as members of the high-profile cast -- Song Joong-ki, Kim Tae-ri, Jin Seon-kyu and Yoo Hae-jin -- are inviting everybody on board as Space Sweepers launched on the streaming service last week to subscribers in 190 countries.

The film arrives just over 50 years since mankind left our planet and first landed on the Moon. Inspired by this event and by the possibility of the exploration of space and the cosmos, hundreds of sci-fi movies set in outer space have been made to satisfy the thirst of fans of extra-terrestrial stories. However, it can no longer be said that the West is the only entertainment industry that makes movies about space or missions about saving the world as other countries are playing catch up. In Asia alone, we have had movies like Space Battleship Yamato (2010) and Cowboy Bebop (2021) from Japan; The Wandering Earth (2019) from China; and Mission Mangal (2019) from India. And now, the launch of Space Sweepers has also added South Korea to the growing list of countries producing movies about space.

"Well, this might be something obvious but in Space Sweepers, you will for the very first time see Korean people speaking in Korean in an outer space setting," said film director Jo Sung-hee at a recent online press conference for Space Sweepers where he appeared alongside four other cast members to discuss stories and insights about the film.

"It was my goal to really make the movie seem as less odd or strange as possible and to make it familiar for all types of audiences."

Set in 2092, the film depicts an era in which Earth has become almost uninhabitable. As people rush to flee the ailing planet, UTS corporation takes the opportunity to build a new orbiting home for humanity. The plot of Space Sweepers revolves around the crew of a space junk collection ship called The Victory, one of many that survive by salvaging space debris. However, one day, after crashing the shuttle in a space chase, the team discovers a seven-year-old humanoid child robot named Dorothy -- known to be a weapon of mass destruction. Burdened with debts and dreams to fulfil, the crew decide to get involved in a risky business deal and maybe something far more menacing than they might have imagined.

Jo revealed that the concept of the film came to him about 10 years ago.

"I had heard stories about space and the orbital debris from friends and I found it quite fascinating. So, this was an idea that we had tried to develop," he said. "The movie took a long time to finish and the pre-production process was especially difficult. There was a lot to do during pre-production compared to other films I've made. We had to prepare a lot. Moreover, on the set, when we were shooting the scenes, it required a great deal of imagination from all of us."

Space Sweepers is also a 10-year reunion project between the director and Korean superstar Song Joong-ki, who worked together in A Werewolf Boy, a fantasy romance film back in 2012. In fact, Song said that he decided to come on board on this project without reading the full script first.

"When I worked with Jo Sung-hee in A Werewolf Boy, I had actually already heard that he was planning to create this sci-fi movie and I thought it would be interesting and amazing. And after a decade literally, he proposed this role and when he mentioned it, I immediately thought I would do it," said Song about his long friendship with the director.

"In A Werewolf Boy, I played the role of Chul-soo. Sometimes, people still ask me, 'Where do you think Chul-soo is today?'. I think people ask this because that kind of character remains alive in our hearts and I think director Jo is like that to me. It's been 10 years but he's always been there for me."

The crew of The Victory spaceship consists of three humans and a robot. Each character has their own unique personality and characteristics, which very much resembles Hollywood movies like Star Wars and Guardians Of The Galaxy. Song plays a reckless scavenger and pilot Tae-ho who flies alongside enigmatic ex-pirate Captain Jang, played by Kim Tae-ri. Captain Jang is a former special forces squad officer who deserted her post to create her own pirate organisation. Despite being the youngest woman on the team and with a smaller physique than others, she still succeeds in commandeering the spaceship and bossing everyone around.

"In the beginning, I also wondered why the director wanted me to play the role. A typical captain tends to have very broad shoulders and they're very charismatic -- that's the visual you would expect. However, then I thought maybe it was just the director's style to move away from the obvious," said Kim. "And if you look at the T-shirt that the captain is wearing in the film, it's very colourful and has a little cutesy drawing. So I think that's the kind of character the captain is. So, to me, I feel like Captain Jang is someone who is very determined. She lives like a pirate, but in her heart, she has something else that holds her. And you will know what I'm talking about once you see the film."

The rest of the crew consists of Jin Seon-kyu as Tiger Park, the engineer of the ship and a former drug lord who escaped Earth after being arrested and sentenced to death. Also, actor Yoo Hae-jin did the voiceover for Bubs, a reprogrammed military robot who acts as the accounting manager of the ship. Yoo described the robot as not just a typical robot but one that it is very warm-hearted, almost like a human being. Bubs also has his own dream to achieve.

With its high budget production and stunning visuals and sound designs, Space Sweepers was originally meant for theatrical release in order to provide an immersive experience. However, due to Covid-19, the film has landed on Netflix instead. When the cast members were asked whether or not they're disappointed that the film couldn't get a theatrical release, Kim pointed out that the most important thing is being able to communicate with the audience.

"Yes, of course, I do feel a little bit sad because I'm also a member of the audience and I love watching movies in the theatre. However, I still feel very happy and grateful that we get to meet the audience through Netflix. When you're watching the movie at home, please make sure that the volume is very loud and pay attention to the sound effects. I think that would make it a better experience," she said.

"When it comes to the sci-fi genre, we are usually reminded of Hollywood because that's what we are used to. So, imagine what would it be like to have an outer space created in Korea? I think that's exactly what we have created together. I am excited to see what other sci-fi films that take place in outer space will come about from Korea. I hope that Space Sweepers has started something."

Source:https://www.ncronline.org/news/opinion/netflixs-space-sweepers-asks-us-reject-throwaway-culture

Netflix's 'Space Sweepers' asks us to reject a throwaway culture

Song Joong-ki, Kim Tae-ri and Jin Seon-kyu in a scene from "Space Sweepers" by director Jo Sung-hee (Netflix)
Song Joong-ki, Kim Tae-ri and Jin Seon-kyu in a scene from "Space Sweepers" by director Jo Sung-hee (Netflix)

Don't be deceived by Netflix's pithy tagline: "These misfits just might save the world." Sure, "Space Sweepers" fits in with splashy space romps à la "Guardians of the Galaxy," featuring a ragtag team of losers streaking through the stratosphere to, yes, save the world. But director Jo Sung-hee goes deeper with South Korea's first space blockbuster. Grappling with questions of poverty, classism, environmental justice and empathy, "Space Sweepers" becomes an unlikely (yet effective) avenue for Catholics of the Pope Francis era to reflect on our obligation to "care for our common home" and those who share it.

In the year 2092, Earth is all but uninhabitable. The wealthy elect flock to an idyllic safe-haven in the sky, an orbiting colony under UTS Corporation's control. Meanwhile, the billions of impoverished people struggle to survive on Earth's ravaged surface and clusters of ramshackle space stations. Independent "sweeper" ships race to collect valuable debris floating amid the interplanetary traffic. The fastest and most ruthless is the Korean vessel Victory, whose crew is bound together by necessity more than affection in a bid to make as much money as possible. Part of this crew is pilot Tae-Ho (Song Joong-ki), who is desperately trying to raise funds to track down his missing daughter

But when Victory comes upon a little girl called Dorothy, a known robot with a weapon of mass destruction hidden inside, their scavenging routine is turned upside-down as each member of the crew must determine what — and who — matters most, to themselves and their dying planet.

Jo brings new life to familiar space-opera motifs that have appeared many times since "Star Wars" practically birthed the genre in 1977, and new faces to still-popular dystopian themes from films like "Elysium" (2013) and "The Hunger Games" saga. Alongside Song, Kim Tae-ri plays the edgy Captain Jang, Jin Seon-kyu sports tattoos and questionably appropriative dreads as Tiger Park, and Yoo Hae-jin lends his voice to the wise-cracking robot Bubs (she/her/hers). The adorable Park Ye-rin steals the show as Dorothy.

It is refreshing to see a space epic not dominated by Americans and Brits (although British actor Richard Armitage plays UTS's sinister CEO, James Sullivan). The world of "Space Sweepers" is multiracial, multicultural, multinational, and vibrantly multilingual. Ubiquitous translator chips allow each character to speak and be understood in their language, an incredible detail making the new space age's diversity feel authentic and culturally rich.

Other choices are less effective. The computer-generated imagery is a bit clunky, the side actors seem strained at best, and the story introduces too many different ideas without fully exploring most of them. Some details are never fully explained (why does Sullivan's skin get all veiny when he's in a murderous mood?). Nonetheless, it has all the ingredients of a satisfying space flick — heart, humor, lovable characters — plus a touch of the prophetic.

"Space Sweepers" strikes a chord for the Catholic viewer in its stark portrayal of a world where the privileged few determine that the majority of humanity — and the entire planet along with it — is disposable. The ruling class of 2092 has gone all-in on "throwaway culture," to use Pope Francis' words, and the chilling reality is that it is only moderately more vicious than our own.

Those who ascend to the UTS safety zone are protected because they are deemed morally superior; everyone else is thrown away to the harsh elements of a plundered planet and demoralized into submission by inflated prices, low-paying jobs and corrupt police. As UTS's dictatorial CEO, Sullivan advances a form of eugenics where one's moral fortitude is genetic, and so society must uplift citizens with better DNA ethics to preserve the future of the human race.

Jin Seon-kyu, Yoo Hai-jin and Song Joong-ki in a scene from "Space Sweepers" by director Jo Sung-hee (Netflix)

Jin Seon-kyu, Yoo Hai-jin and Song Joong-ki in a scene from "Space Sweepers" by director Jo Sung-hee (Netflix)

There is no grace toward those in the grip of hopelessness, no accounting for the inequities dictating a person's fate, no allowance for redemption. Blinded by privilege (and pain), Sullivan professes an understanding of the universe that Jesus himself vehemently rejected: that the poor and oppressed are to blame for their plight, that God rewards goodness with worldly riches, that health and wealth are signs of favor and moral superiority. In other words, the "prosperity gospel." Capitalism elevated to the heavens.

The separation of rich and poor, worthy and unworthy — the literal elevation of the former and total disregard for the latter — is a version of what we see playing out today, heightened by climate change and the pandemic. The fate of the most vulnerable and exploited is tied to the fate of a vulnerable and exploited planet, while the elite look to a future in the stars, without them.

But in their evolving understanding of Dorothy and her extraordinary gifts (no spoilers!), the intrepid Victory crew finds an antidote to this throwaway culture, the same two-dose protection promised by the Gospels, by "Laudato Si': on Care for Our Common Home" and by revolutionary thinkers across generations: compassion and solidarity. Compassion for the individual, solidarity across communities. When Earth's castaways stop clawing over each other to reach Sullivan's echelon and claim the dignity of their collective strength, they find deliverance for themselves and their planet. Our planet.

"Space Sweepers" is a tale of found family and the miracle of solidarity in a society consumed by disposability. As in all the best sci-fi: Come for the spaceships, stay for the relationships.

Source:https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/movies/space-sweepers-movie-review-a-largely-entertaining-space-adventure-that-needed-a-tighter-story/article33781451.ece

‘Space Sweepers’ movie review: A largely entertaining space adventure that needed a tighter story

A still from ‘Space Sweepers’ on Netflix

The much-hyped Korean space opera film, which had a direct Netflix release is, atleast visually, a fantastic spectacle

Fifteen minutes into the film, it's tough not to think of what the big-screen viewing experience would have been like for Space Sweepers. The much-hyped Korean space opera film which had a direct Netflix release is, atleast visually, a fantastic spectacle. The CGI is consistently top-notch, and the cinematography is excellent.

Set in the year 2092, the film follows a rag-tag group called the Space Sweepers. Tae-Ho (Song Joong-Ki), Captain Jang (Kim Tae-Ri), Tiger Park (Jin Sun-kyu) and the reprogrammed military robot Bubs make their living off salvaging space debris. It's a dystopian future where the earth is dying and a giant corporation, UTS headed by James Sullivan (Richard Armitage) has built an orbiting home. But only an elite few have a free pass whereas the rest, like our main crew, have a tough life. Despite a seemingly cool space gig, they’re neck-deep in debt, and Tae-Ho doesn’t even have money for a pair of shoes!

What the film could have greatly benefited from is a stronger storyline that didn’t take the predictable route. The lives of the motley space crew change when they find Dorothy, a rather adorable seven-year-old humanoid robot. She follows them around, draws squiggly pictures of them and much time is devoted to how she thaws at their hearts.

However, there are cliches abound henceforth, as the crew make a few unpleasant discoveries and are forced to go on the run (some well-choreographed action blocks make their presence felt here) while gun-toting space robots terrify them are aplenty. Of course, there are the inevitable comparisons to Guardians of the Galaxy or Star Wars that come with the film’s genre.

Despite these shortcomings, the film manages to remain largely entertaining. The cast greatly helps with this, as Song Joong-Ki is good and Kim Tae-Ri particularly shines in her role as the no-nonsense Captain Jang; it would have been great to see more of her.

While the viewers are given small back-stories to the characters, it feels rather rushed. Armitage as James Sullivan is seemingly menacing, but also is saddled with the hammy one-liners.

The theme and the environment that Space Sweepers is set in had great potential, but the film remains content with its largely simplistic storyline. Within these confines however, we get an entertaining two-odd hours; the Indian equivalent of a fun, masala entertainer.

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003399462?lfrom=twitter

Tae-ri Kim, a 32-year-old baby-like eye smile... who doesn't fall in love with this sunshine

Input 2021.02.14. 6:57 pm

202102141850110561997_20210214185110_01_20210214185735662.jpg?type=w430
Kim Tae-ri Instagram

[Herald POP = Reporter Kim Na-yul] Actress Tae-ri Kim boasted a cute visual.

On the 14th, Tae-ri Kim posted a picture of her smiling brightly on her Instagram account. In the photo, Tae-ri Kim is looking at someone and smiling brightly.

Kim Tae-ri is wearing jeans and a T-shirt, tying her hair and looking modest. Taeri Kim smiles and creates a lovely atmosphere. Kim Tae-ri shows off her cute beauty with a close look. The man's heart is thrilling with Tae-ri Kim's beauty.

Meanwhile, Kim Tae-ri appeared in the recently released Netflix drama'Seungri-ho'.

Source:https://www.buzzfeed.com/emlyntravis/best-k-dramas-tv-shows-movies-on-netflix

These Are The 27 Best K-Dramas And Movies On Netflix Right Now

15. Mr. Sunshine (2018)

Lee Byung-hun, Yoo Yeon-seok and Byun Yo-Han drink together
tvN

Starring: Lee Byung-hun, Kim Tae-ri, Yoo Yeon-seok, Kim Min-jung, and Byun Yo-han

Genre: Historical, action, drama

What it's about: I know I've talked about Mr. Sunshine before, but I truly believe this K-drama is a must-watch. Without spoiling too much, Choi Yoo-jin (Lee Byung-hun), aka Eugene Choi, fled from Korea as a child. As an adult, he returns as a United States Marine Corps officer during the US expedition to Korea in 1871. After meeting and developing feelings for Go Ae-shin (Kim Tae-ri), an aristocrat's granddaughter and sharpshooter, Eugene finds himself involved in a fight to save Korea from colonization by Japan.

Source:https://www.pastemagazine.com/movies/romantic-films-people-of-color/#2016-the-handmaiden

5 Romantic Films Celebrating People of Color in Love

By Adesola Thomas  |  February 14, 2021  |  10:52am
MOVIES LISTS ROMANCE
5 Romantic Films Celebrating People of Color in Love

Valentine’s Day is here. Because a trip to the movies to see the latest romantic comedy is not an accessible option for V-Day celebrants this February, people will likely be curling up on couches and scrolling through their favorite streaming services to revisit mood-setting movies. Classic romantic comedies like heteronormative titan When Harry Met Sally is certainly a fan favorite, and with good reason. While there is abundant Twitter debate about whether or not Billy Crystal is hot enough for Meg Ryan’s character (he isn’t), the film’s underlying thesis—that love is about appreciating another person’s particularities in addition to their shimmering surface qualities—is undoubtedly romantic.

When Harry Met Sally, 10 Things I Hate About You, 13 Going on 30 and Sleepless in Seattle are popular Valentine’s Day classics. But it is high time to normalize love stories between non-white characters in the popular canon of romantic films and rom-coms. This isn’t just because people of color have intriguing love stories of their own which deserve to have enthusiastic personality cults around them, but also because love stories that take place between members of salient identities hold a particular power. Capital-L Love can be even more powerful when it’s exchanged between people who’ve been socially conditioned to perceive themselves as inherently unworthy of it. In the spirit of interpersonal romantic love and self-love, here are five films that showcase people of color in love to watch this Valentine’s Day…and whenever you want, because rules aren’t real and romantic movies kick RickRoll'D.

The Handmaiden (2016)

the-handmaiden-inline.jpg

Park Chan-wook’s The Handmaiden, based on the novel Fingersmith by Sarah Waters, is a beautifully constructed erotic thriller. While the book sets the story in Victorian England, Park establishes the tale in 1930s Japanese-occupied Korea. Returning to Korea after making his English-language debut with Stoker, Park tells the story of Sook-hee (Tae Ri Kim), a petty thief and master pickpocket, who conspires with a man known as “The Count” (Jung-woo Ha), an accomplished con artist, to swindle the fortune of a wealthy Japanese Princess, Lady Hideko (Min-hee Kim). Posing as the Princess’s handmaiden, Sook-hee moves into Hideko’s massive colonial estate, but after meeting Hideko’s strict and perverted uncle (Jin-woong Jo), who forces his niece to read erotic literature to a small group of wealthy men, Sook-hee’s feelings toward Hideko evolve. The two grow closer in unexpected ways, reaching an intense and at times jaw-dropping level of intimacy—and yet, all is not what it seems. Teeming with erotica, violence, double-crossing and perversion, The Handmaiden is a taut thriller underpinned by a message of love

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004354316

Tae-ri Kim "Starting Instagram, requesting an agency... I can choose a photo"

0004354316_001_20210215140427455.jpg?type=w430

[OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo-ra] (Following the interview ②) Tae-ri Kim (32), who recently started Instagram, confessed that it was a suggestion by her agency.

In an interview held through a video conference on the afternoon of the 15th, Kim Tae-ri said, "I recently started Instagram (I didn't mean to do it first), but I responded to the agency's request." 

On the 5th of this month, Tae-ri Kim opened an Instagram and left a greeting saying'Hello, this is Tae-ri Kim.' So far, there are 140,000 followers.

0004354316_002_20210215140427465.png?type=w430

Tae-ri Kim, who was thinking about starting social media, said, “I wish my company continued to do it. There is also a part where I responded to the company's request,” he said with a smile.

She continued, “But I choose the photo. I dealt with it, but he said,'Get the picture confirmation from me.' (Laughs) After showing it to me, I'm only uploading the picture that I ask to upload."

Source 1:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004354301

Source 2:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004354302

'Seungriho' Kim Tae-ri "Captain Jang, who was contrary to my already, was a challenge…usually squishy" [Interview①]

0004354301_001_20210215140426627.jpg?type=w430

[OSEN=Reporter Kim Bo-ra] Actor Tae-ri Kim (32) said, "Captain Jang, which is contrary to my image, was a big challenge for me as it was a part that I could not easily imagine."

In an interview held through a video conference on the afternoon of the 15th, Kim Tae-ri said, "I met with Director Jo Seong-hee and heard the image of Captain Jang and the warrior. 

The new Korean film'Seungri-ho' starring Kim Tae-ri (director Jo Sung-hee, production film Sabin-gil, provided by Netflix) is Korea's first space science fiction set in 2092. Tae-ri Kim played the role of Jang Hyun-suk, the leader and captain of Seung-ho.

0004354301_002_20210215140426639.jpg?type=w430

This film tells the story of the crew of Seung-ho who cleans the space garbage and plunges into a dangerous deal to save the humanoid robot Dorothy (Park Ye-rin). 

Afterwards, Kim Tae-ri revealed the reason for the appearance, saying, "I started by trusting the director because the director told me that if a person with a face like me, not a female warrior like Cliché, sits (in Seungri), there will be synergy.

Regarding Captain Jang's character, she said, "Unlike other characters, I felt that I was a character with a sense of justice from the beginning, not a person who could see the process of growth."

He said, "I want to learn Captain Jang's my way. (laughs) I'm not always confident, but I'm very thin, but Captain Jang knows what's important in any situation, so I want to raise that gaze." (

Tae-ri Kim "All-back hair + sunglasses, exceptional visual even I can see" [Interview②]
0004354302_001_20210215140424869.jpg?type=w430

[OSEN=Reporter Kim Bo-ra] Actor Kim Tae-ri (32) said, "I see Captain Jang's visuals very unconventional."

In an interview held through a video conference on the afternoon of the 15th, Kim Tae-ri explained about the character's appearance, saying, "Over all, Director Jo Sung-hee described Jang Hyun-suk in great detail." 

She continued, “The director also drew pictures and worked on 2D and 3D. You showed me the image of Captain Jang, who had already been colored,” he told the process of analyzing the character.

0004354302_002_20210215140424876.jpg?type=w430

The new movie'Seungri-ho' starring Kim Tae-ri (director Jo Sung-hee, production film Sabidan-gil, provided by Netflix) is Korea's first space science fiction set in 2092. The story of the members of Seungho, who cleans up space garbage, jumped into a dangerous deal to save Dorothy, a humanoid robot (Park Ye-rin). Kim Tae-ri played the role of Seung-ho's captain, Jang Hyun-suk.

Regarding Captain Jang's image, Tae-ri Kim said, “I went almost as it was (Conti Street), but the director said,'Please do your hair in a comfortable style.' It was the same, so I decided.” He emphasized that "I did not think of the characters from the previous work."

“I enjoy the action, but this time, when I listened to the martial arts director about the movement, I started thinking that it would be fun. Again, it was new and fun when I took a scene of going up the stairs during spacewalking.” (

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/469/0000580339?lfrom=twitter

'Seungriho' Kim Tae-ri "Captain Captain Smile T-shirt and jacket, as a souvenir" (Interview)

0000580339_001_20210215145550436.jpg?type=w430

Kim Tae-ri revealed various stories through interviews. 'Seungriho' still cut

Actress Kim Tae-ri of the movie'Seungri-ho' confessed that she received the costume she wore as a souvenir while acting as a captain.

In a video interview held on the afternoon of the 15th, Kim Tae-ri laughed, saying, "I received the orange smiley T-shirt that Captain Jang wore at the beginning of the movie, and a set jacket as a souvenir."

He recalled, "I was greedy to have clothes. So I got them, and in the previous work, I brought small items as souvenirs," he recalled.

In addition, Kim Tae-ri said, "The director's head was filled with a much bigger world than the two hours seen in the movie. Honestly, there were many difficulties while filming. Captain Jang's character was not as simple as I thought, and there was a difficult point in the genre." I confessed.

He added, "As the drama flows, you act with breaths that match, but this does not cause unexpected things to happen. Also, it took time to get out of that place because there are lessons learned in Hollywood movies."

In addition, he laughed, "I filmed in a perfectly set, and it was so good to have a sense of life in it. Because it was decorated like the house I live in. There was a squeaky sofa, a small chair to raise my feet, and even an old refrigerator." .

"It took a long time to get used to the captain's look. I kept asking the staff if it was okay," said Kim Tae-ri. The same."

'Seungri-ho' is a movie about the story of the crew of the space garbage sweeper Seung-ho in 2092, after discovering Dorothy, a humanoid robot known as a weapon of mass destruction, and jumping into a dangerous trade.

Tae-ri Kim is disassembled as a leader who leads Seung-ho with his extraordinary brain and extraordinary leadership, and shows the majestic girl crush charm. In addition to Kim Tae-ri, Song Joong-ki, Jin Sun-gyu and Hae-Jin Hae-Jin performed hot roles.

'Seungriho' was released to 190 countries around the world through Netflix on the 5th. Since then, it has proven interest by ranking first in the most streaming movies in 28 countries including Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Denmark, Hong Kong, and Russia.

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/416/0000267940?lfrom=twitter

"I got English, but I lost it again."

0000267940_001_20210215163638630.jpg?type=w430

[SBS Entertainment News | Reporter Kim Ji-hye] Actress Tae-ri Kim released the testimonials of short-term English language training.

Tae-ri Kim, who attended an interview commemorating the release of the movie'Seungri-ho' held online on the afternoon of the 15th, said, "I was continuing to study English, but I felt limited in doing it with a teacher in Korea." I wanted to learn properly in an environment where I could only speak English. The company's permission and schedule that I could go to the training match and I left."

He said, "I got English (through language training), but I lost it again. I'm sorry. Two months were too short."

0000267940_002_20210215163638647.jpg?type=w430

Tae-ri Kim left for a short-term language course in the UK around March 2019. I enrolled in a language school in London and devoted myself to studying English. At that time, photos taken locally were released on the agency's SNS, which attracted attention. It is known that he lived without a manager and spent the same daily life as any other international student. 

In an interview that day, I even mentioned a British friend. After the release of'Seungri-ho', he heard a real-time response from a local friend saying that he saw it well. Kim Tae-ri added that he felt rewarded by appearing in Korea's first space science fiction.

'Seungri-ho' is a film about the story of the crew of the space garbage sweeper Seung-ho in 2092, after discovering Dorothy, a humanoid robot known as a weapon of mass destruction, and jumping into a dangerous trade. Tae-ri Kim showed off her charismatic leader acting as'Captain Captain', the leader who led the space pirates in the past.

Source:https://www.maxmovie.com/news/431713?/

[Interview] “Seungriho” Kim Tae-ri, “A shooting filled with excitement”

Max Movie = Reporter Sang-joo Seo] A pear flower in full bloom visited the audience. In 2016, through director Park Chan-wook's ‘Girl’, Kim Tae-ri, who showed off his unrivaled performance and captivated the audience, suddenly went through the movies '1987','Little Forest', and the drama'Mr. Sunshine'. Chungmu-ro has become the best acting actor.

Kim Tae-ri, who has captivated the hearts of viewers around the world by appearing in'Seungriho', which is now called the first space opera movie in Korea with Netflix. In addition to leading'Seungri-ho', where the modifier'first in Korea' is emphasized, he smiled with a peculiar fluffy smile, saying, "The excitement and expectations were much higher than the burden," even though all the attention and expectations for him could have been a heavy burden.

Tae-ri Kim, actor in the movie'Seungri-ho'.  Photo netflixTae-ri Kim, actor in the movie'Seungri-ho'. Photo netflix

“When I first got the offer, I literally beat and fluttered. As an audience, I really like science fiction movies, but I was very excited to see Korean actors acting in space plays that were only seen in Hollywood movies, and that my face was reflected.

Honestly, there was a little burden. However, I thought that such a burden was not acting as a driving force for acting, so I tried to shake it off quickly. In particular, it seems that he diluted the burden by playing with the actors he was with. I think it's better to think a little more about how to make a person breathe alive than to be under such stress.”

The film'Seungriho' still.  Actress Tae-ri Kim.  Photo netflixThe film'Seungriho' still. Actress Tae-ri Kim. Photo netflix

Kim Tae-ri, whose modifier is shy rather than shy, played the character Captain Jang, who showed off his charisma by capturing the sailors who lived a rough life in'Seungri-ho' at once. Captain Jang's trademark is the big sunglasses, which are uncomfortable, but because Tae-ri Kim wears them, he is somewhat cool. Throughout watching the movie, I think that it is a character that no one can digest unless it is Kim Tae-ri, but he said, "I didn't think of Captain Jang who showed my face while watching the scenario."

“Of course, I was excited about the first name in Korea, and I was very excited, but on the other hand, I asked Director Jo Sung-hee why he wanted to cast me. This is why it did not easily match the image I had when looking at the scenario alone. Doesn't it easily come to mind of an actor who feels like a warrior and a radical feeling leading ordinary men? When I was reciting lines in other works, I easily came to mind that I was spitting, but it didn't come to mind in'Seungriho'.

But director Jo Sung-hee said he wanted to cast me because it wasn't such a typical image. I forgot to persuade me, saying that the power of a person who looks gentle and round like me sitting in the cockpit will have a greater effect than typical of an actor like Sigourney Weaver of'Alien'.

Tae-ri Kim, actor in the movie'Seungri-ho'.  Photo netflixTae-ri Kim, actor in the movie'Seungri-ho'. Photo netflix

Then, how was the filming of'Seungri-ho', who started with excitement after being persuaded by director Jo Sung-hee's words? As it was a fierce field to pioneer a new genre that no one has ever experienced, the shooting of'Seungri-ho' must have been a series of hard work. As a result, Tae-ri Kim recalled the past, saying, “There were difficulties that I had not even thought of.”

“It wasn't just that the characters were simple, and filming a genre was not an easy process. As the story flows, I act with breaths that match, and things I really didn't even think of broke out. Each person had unexpected thoughts in their hearts, and as a result, I was confused as to how to express the intensity of expression

In particular, director Cho Sung-hee made it difficult to give an OK sign easily. It passed so easily that I kept getting suspicious. I didn't know if it was'this is enough' or it was really enough. When you ask, it's all good, so they tell you to do whatever you want. In fact, I wanted to lead more from the standpoint of an actor, so it was difficult to feel the feeling of struggling in the empty field"

Spoiler

Tae-ri Kim, actor in the movie'Seungri-ho'.  Photo netflix

Tae-ri Kim, actor in the movie'Seungri-ho'. Photo netflix

Despite such difficulties, Tae-ri Kim completely assimilated into Captain Jang's character and led the exciting space action. 'Seungri-ho', directed by him, caught the attention of viewers not only in Korea but also around the world, and for a while, it recorded the number one Netflix viewership in the world. He said that his dream as a child was an announcer, is he satisfied as an actor now in full bloom?

“Actually, the announcer was moving away from his major class. Then I met a play, and the whole process was good. Putting on a play, making a stage, practicing, eating, eating, drinking, all night, fighting while making props, going up the stage to get the lights, meeting the audience, standing on the stage for an hour and a half to be applauded, all The process was like a dream, it was fun, and I was happy. I'm tired of everything I do, but I thought I could do this job forever. Of course, there are many difficult corners, and it is confusing, but that's what everyone goes through. I love being an actor".

Source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1454444wpp/kim-tae-ri-shares-thoughts-on-her-space-sweepers-character-compliments-cast-members-and-more

Kim Tae Ri Shares Thoughts On Her “Space Sweepers” Character, Compliments Cast Members, And More

Kim Tae Ri Shares Thoughts On Her “Space Sweepers” Character, Compliments Cast Members, And More

Feb 15, 2021

Following the release of her film “Space Sweepers,” Kim Tae Ri sat down for an interview to discuss her character, her impressions of the other cast members, and more!

“Space Sweepers” is a sci-fi film that premiered on February 5 on Netflix. Set in the year 2092, the film follows the crew of a space junk collector ship called The Victory. When they find a humanoid robot named Dorothy that’s also a weapon of mass destruction, they get involved in a dangerous business deal.

Kim Tae Ri played the tough Captain Jang, and confessed that she didn’t feel like she resembled her character much. “I’m sort of a feeble person, but Captain Jang is someone who knows how to sort out in the moment what’s important and what’s not,” she said.

Continuing with a more detailed explanation of her character, Kim Tae Ri said, “Captain Jang is a smart character who was considered one of UTS’s elite. After doing vital work on constructing weapons, she was chased out for discovering inconsistencies within the organization and began to lead her own group of pirates. After a bout of frustration, she became the one who runs The Victory.”

Many of Kim Tae Ri’s scenes were omitted from the final production. The actress shared her thoughts on the matter, saying, “I think they were omitted to keep the consistency between the overall flow of the film and the storyline. Captain Jang is someone with a cause. The other characters grow and change throughout the film, but Captain Jang holds firm to a single belief from the beginning to the end of the film, she’s a character who has a sense of justice.”

Kim-Tae-Ri1.jpg

Kim Tae Ri expressed her admiration for Yoo Hae Jin, who played the robot Bubs. “Since ad-libs are words conjured up in the moment they’re easy to think of, but Yoo Hae Jin thinks long and hard about what words to insert into the script in order to bring his character to life,” she revealed. “After discussing with the director and the cast, he uses the lines that were chosen. He was really amazing. He’s an actor who prepares thoroughly and interprets his character in a remarkable way.”

Kim Tae Ri also had plenty of compliments for her other fellow cast members. About Jin Seon Kyu, she shared, “He’s really well-coordinated. Actors always seem like they’re making really dynamic movements in action scenes but his movements are really precise, and on top of making sure he doesn’t get hurt he also watches out for the actors around him. He said that he did a lot of productions that required action back when he did theater.”

She had high praise for Song Joong Ki as she said, “Although there’s not much of an age difference between us, he really feels mature. When I saw him getting along with everyone so well on set I thought he was a great person befitting of the role of captain.”

Kim-Tae-Ri-1.jpg

Kim Tae Ri wrapped up the interview as spoke about how her feelings toward acting changed throughout her career. “After filming ‘The Handmaiden,’ I really didn’t feel any pressure. I knew I wasn’t doing very well, and I knew that in the next production I chose I would have to rely not on my own strength but on the help of many other people. Rather than feeling external pressure, I felt more worried about how to express my character myself,” she said. “However, after ‘Space Sweepers’ I felt much more pressure from the outside. I started to worry about the film’s success, wondering, ‘Why did they cast me?'”

She continued, “Now, instead of worrying about that pressure, I’m focused on doing what I’ve done up until now, which is doing my best to determine what I can do within the boundaries of the script.”

Source:https://www.marieclairekorea.com/celebrity/2021/02/imagine-it/

spacer.png

Imagine It
Actor Kim Tae-Ri And Limo Return To <Seungri-Ho>

The Thoughts Of Actor Tae-Ri Kim In The World Of Imagination.

spacer.png

Desert Rose Color Personal Case 1.56 Million Won Remote And (RIMOWA). Silk Chiffon Long Dress Dior .

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Desert Rose Color Personal Case 1.56 Million Won Remote And (RIMOWA). Cotton Dress With Voluminous Silhouette Democratic Kim (Minju Kim), Hair Band H X Aenem Simone Rocha (H & M X Simone Rocha) , Flats Repetto (Repetto).

Spoiler

spacer.png

White Color Personal Case 1.56 Million Won Remote And (RIMOWA). See-Through Splashing Ruffles Blouse And Abundant Ruffled Skirt H. Simon Rocha Aenem X (H & M X Simone Rocha) , Necklace Tiffany (Tiffany & Co.).

Spoiler

spacer.png

Hair Band H X Aenem Simone Rocha (H & M X Simone Rocha) , Floral Print Silk Long Dress Needle-And-Thread-By-Minute Deosyap (Niddle & Thread By BoonTheShop).

Spoiler

spacer.png

White Color Personal Case 1.56 Million Won Remote And (RIMOWA). Ruffled Detail Blouse Cecilia Bansen By Minutes Deosyap (Cecilie Bahnsen By BoonTheShop), Floral Pattern Organza Skirt H. Simon Rocha Aenem X (H & M X Simone Rocha) , Flats Repetto (Repetto).

Spoiler

spacer.png

Mercury Color Original Size Cabin Suitcase 1.3 Million Won Remote And (RIMOWA). Pleated Detailing Chiffon Blouse Kite By 10 CORPS Small Como (Khaite By 10 Corso Como), Wide Pants Gimhae Kim (Kimhekim), High-Top Sneakers Stylists Collections.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Desert Rose Colored Never Steel Backpack 1,040,000 Won Rimowa (RIMOWA). Balloon Silhouette Sleeveless Knit Dress Lili (Leey. Leey), T Smile Pendant Necklace Tiffany (Tiffany & Co.).

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Desert Rose Color Never Steel Tote 1.57 Million Won Remote And (RIMOWA). Nude Color Appliqué Detail Dress Dior , Earrings Tiffany (Tiffany & Co.).

Spoiler

spacer.png

Mas Color Original Size Cabin Suitcase 1.3 Million Won Remote And (RIMOWA). Floral Print Silk Dress With Long Needle-And-Thread-By-Minute Deosyap (Niddle & Thread By BoonTheShop), Hair Band H X Aenem Simone Rocha (H & M X Simone Rocha) , Flats Repetto (Repetto).

From Today (Based On The Shooting Date), The Movie <Seungri-Ho> Will Be Released A Week Later. How Do You Feel About This Period Waiting For The Finished Work To Come Out Of The World? It Is A Time When You Forget And Suddenly Start To Tremble. It's Been A While Since Filming Is Over, And When I'm Doing Post-Production, The Actors Have Little To Do, So I Forget For A While And Get Nervous At This Time Of Year. The Trembling Is About How Many People Will Have Expectations, But How Much They Will Be Satisfied.

What If You Leave A Review From The Perspective Of Watching The Movie In Advance? Perhaps It Is The Most Unpredictable Work I Have Done So Far.Yes. So I Enjoyed It More. It Was Especially Interesting To See Scenes That I Didn't Know How To Come Out Or Scenes Where I Didn't Come Out. Except For The Part Where I Come Out. Haha.

Which Scene In Particular Was The Most Amazing And Interesting?At The Beginning, There Is A Garbage Collection Station That Reveals The Role, Purpose, And Character Of'Seungriho'. The Scenes Were All Made In CG, But When I Saw The Finished Version With Sound, My Heart Was Thrilling. I Was Surprised That It Came Out Better Than I Thought.

When Looking At The Video Showing The Actual Set Of Science Fiction Movies, There Are Many Cases Of Acting In A State Of Nothingness , Such As'Hyunta Is Coming' . At The Filming Site Of <Seungriho>How Did You Make Up This Gap At The Seungriho ? Hyunta Is Coming. Very Very. For Example, Because The Hull Is Shaking Rapidly, I Act Urgently While Shaking My Whole Body. Haha. So, I Tried To Focus On The Mindset Of Not Being Able To Endure Such Things. To Convince The Viewer, The First Thing Is To Convince Myself. I Talked A Lot With The Director. How The Scene Will Be Realized Is The Most Accurate In The Director's Mind, So I Listen To It And Make It Concrete As I Imagine And Act. Then I Keep Checking. 'Are You Really Okay?' Everyone Says This Is Okay. Then They Say'Okay,' And Don't Believe In One Side. I Should Have Done More.

The Character Named Captain Jang In The Movie Is The Captain Of Seung-Ho, The Leader, As It Is. What Was The Cause Or Reason For Him To Become A Leader?First Of All, Captain Jang Is The Smartest. (Laughs) I Think He Has The Greatest Beliefs. He Has A Tendency To My Way, But He Is That Much Courageous. He Is Different From Me.

Is It A Lot Different?Different. I'm Really Chewy.

Is There Any Point Where You Came To Realize Your Science Fiction Work By Acting Yourself? What Kind Of Genre Do You Think Science Fiction Is ?When I Think Of Science Fiction, There Are Artificially Created Cold Images And Fake Feelings, But On The Contrary, I Think It Is A Genre That Can Show More Humanity. It's A Genre That Focuses On The Earth, A Much Smaller Human Being, That Looks Very Small In A Space That Is Hard To Tell The End.

<Seungriho> Is Korea's First Science Fiction Work. How Can The First Steps This Work Take On Future Domestic Science Fiction Works? When I Received The Screenplay, I Thought This Movie Was Very Korean. It's Science Fiction, But Our Sentiment Melted In A Lot. I Used To Imagine What It Would Be Like To Be Made In Korea While Watching Overseas Science Fiction Works, But I Thought It Would Be Just Like This. Maybe The Movies That Will Be Made In The Future Will Have Many Forms With Korean Emotions. I'm Looking Forward To It.

Did You Fall For That Charm And Chose The Next Work? The Next Work <Aliens> Is Also A Science Fiction Genre . I Was Just Lucky. I Think Now Is The Time For These Stories To Come Up, So <Aliens> Is Also Being Made, And In The Meantime, I Was Able To Join In A Good Time.

I Looked At Filmography. From The Movie <Lady>, All The Works Have Their Own Meaning, And There Are People Who Love Them Passionately. I Think It Can Be Said That There Is A Pioneering Idea Of Discovering Good Works .Of Course, It's Also Important To Have A Good Perspective. But What I Said Earlier That I Was Lucky, That's Really Important. It's Absolutely Not Something You Can Say You Want To Do. It Should Fit The Image That The Writer Or Director Thinks, And The Shooting Schedule Should Fit Well. In That Respect, I Think I Was All Lucky. And Since It Was A Big Work, A Wider Range Of Opportunities Opened Up. I Am Grateful.

In Several Interviews,'I Want To Run Away Whenever I Act. I Have The Greatest Fear Of Not Being Able To Do It Right .' Do You Still Feel The Same? It Was Until <Seungri-Ho>. But When I Was Filming <Aliens>, That Part Solved A Lot. I Don't Compare The Works, I Don't Know Why, But I Think I've Been Able To Accept People's Praise, Trust, And Affection That People Give Me From A While Ago. So, I Felt Like I Could Be In The Field With A Little More Shoulders Without Needless Atrophy, Not Falling Into The Hollow. I Do Not Know. You May Also Be Afraid, But You Are Fine Now.

With That Kind Of Mind, I Think It Would Have Been A Filming Site With More Fun Than Ever. Being In The Field Is My Greatest Pleasure. I Love Meeting The Staff At The Set And Chatting.

Is It An Insignia On The Set?It Is Not. Haha. I Only Talk To People Who Are Very Close In The Corner.

What Is The Daily Pleasure? I Heard That My Hobbies Often Change. You Said You Enjoy Playing Games A Few Years Ago. What Is Your Hobby These Days? These Days, I Am Doing Bakery And Sewing. I'm Watching And Following On YouTube And It's Pretty Fun. Time Goes By. I Can't Go Out Because Of Corona 19, So I Think I'm Going Through A Deeper Process These Days. I Made Lemon Cake Today, But I Was Proud That Everyone Said It Was Delicious. I'm Having Fun Making It And Giving People Around Me. Besides This, There Are Many Other Hobbies. I'm Also Reading.

Would You Recommend A Book You Recently Read Interestingly? Six People, Including Author Kim Cho-Yeop, Enjoyed Reading <Pendemic>, A Science Fiction Work That The Author Participated In. During The Corona 19, People Would Have Imagined A Lot Of What The Future Would Look Like, But This Book Has An Interesting Future Story. And, Like <Seungri-Ho>, Humanity Is All That Is Interesting. There Is A Story About A Robot, And It Is Clearly Human, Even Though It Is Not Human, And It Is More Human Than Human. I Thought Many Things While Watching.

If You Can Draw Your Own Future Story, What Kind Of Future Do You Imagine?I Do Not Know. When I Imagine, Everything Goes Dystopian. I Don't Want To Imagine. 'I Hope It Works Well' Is This Kind Of Thought. If There's Anything Someone Portrays A Good World Than I Can Imagine, I Want To Look At It.

So, Instead Of Imagining From A Distance, How About Looking Forward To Tomorrow? I Want To Exercise. It Would Be Nice To Run While Getting In The Cold Air.

It’s Very Cold Tomorrow. Then You Probably Won't Go Out? Haha.

Source:http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=304098

[INTERVIEW] How Kim Tae-ri became Korea's most-sought-after actor

Kim Tae-ri / Courtesy of Netflix
Kim Tae-ri / Courtesy of Netflix

An ascendant actress talks on forging her own path

By Kwak Yeon-soo

The "Handmaiden" and "Little Forest" star Kim Tae-ri has emerged as one of Korea's most-sought-after young talents through a mix of boldness, curiosity and relentless focus.

mixture of confidence and vulnerability has made Kim a commanding presence since her debut in auteur Park Chan-wook's 2016 erotic thriller "The Handmaiden." That performance ― she played a pickpocket named Sook-hee who conspires with conman Count Fujiwara (Ha Jung-woo) to swindle the wealthy Lady Hideko (Kim Min-hee) ― earned her multiple awards for best new actress.

Her profile has skyrocketed thanks to a string of projects ― including director Jang Joon-hwan's historical drama "1987" (2017) and Yim Soon-rye's "Little Forest" (2018), a film about finding solace in the beauty of the countryside.

"I'm neither meticulous nor calculating. I just followed my heart and I was lucky to be given opportunities to work with the country's prominent directors and actors who I look up to very much," she said during a Zoom interview with The Korea Times, Monday.

Kim revealed that she had more pressure on her shoulders when filming "Space Sweepers" than any other previous works.

"Honestly, I felt zero pressure for box office success after 'The Handmaiden' because I was aware of my weaknesses and knew that I would need to get help from others. So I was more concerned about developing my characters," she said.

"When filming 'Space Sweepers,' however, I had more pressure than usual. But I tried to let it go because feeling overwhelmed or anxious doesn't help when acting."

Kim, who plays Captain Jang in "Space Sweepers," explained that the ensemble cast had great chemistry on and off set.

"We were a perfect team. Because it is the first Korean sci-fi movie set in outer space, it was challenging and new to everyone. The actors and the production crew really worked together to bring the movie to completion, and it was a fulfilling experience," she said.

The actress said the film is "very human. It basically talks about love for humankind."

Kim shared that every time she sees herself feeling low, she goes to bed or indulges in her hobbies such as baking, sewing or playing the piano.

Unafraid to try new things, Kim stayed in the United Kingdom for two months in 2019 to study English.

"Thanks to that experience, my English got better. But it got rusty again. Two months was too short," she complained.

The 31-year-old actress joined Instagram recently, where she uploaded old photos of herself in order to interact with her fans.

"I wasn't so sure about joining social media because there wasn't much idea about running it. Nonetheless I started it because my agency recommended it. I still need to get used to reading comments while livestreaming," she laughed.

Kim is currently filming director Choi Dong-hoon's "Alien," a sci-fi blockbuster about aliens in the Joseon era. "There's nothing I can say about the film at the moment but I'm sure a lot of people would love that film too," she said.

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000890964

Kim Tae-ri pictorial “'Seungri-ho' charm = Korean sentiment

Input 2021.02.16. 10:34 am

Spoiler

0000890964_001_20210216103400867.jpg?type=w430

Spoiler

0000890964_002_20210216103400939.jpg?type=w430

Spoiler

0000890964_003_20210216103401012.jpg?type=w430

0000890964_004_20210216103401105.jpg?type=w430

0000890964_005_20210216103401181.jpg?type=w430

0000890964_006_20210216103401301.jpg?type=w430

Actor Kim Tae-ri gave a spring mood.

Tae-ri Kim in the pictorial is completely different from Captain Jang in the Netflix movie'Seungri-ho'. It harmonizes with the colors of Desert Rose, White, and Mercury, reminiscent of fresh spring.

In the following interview, Tae-ri Kim shared the story behind'Seungri-ho'. Personally, I picked the garbage collection scene that reveals the role, purpose, and personality of'Seungri-ho' as the most interesting scene. As for the character of Captain Jang, he added that he is a person who has the greatest conviction, is courageous, and is different from me. In addition, he referred to the melting of Korean sentiment as the charm of'Seungri-ho', and expressed expectations for domestic science fiction works that will appear later.

Kim Tae-ri's pictorial can be found in the March issue of Marie Claire and on the Marie Claire website.

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/article/465/0000004575

[Interview] Pleasure from Tae-ri Kim with a gun

Reporter Han Su-jin by Aizu ize

0000004575_001_20210216165441025.jpg?type=w430
Photo courtesy = Netflix

There are two reasons why humans hold guns. Keep it or take it away. For either reason, the figure of the person holding the gun is daunting. So when I face Tae-ri Kim with a gun in the work, I am overwhelmed. His narrative with a gun to protect from Ko Ae-shin in the tvN drama'Mr. Sunshine' to Captain Jang in the movie'Seungri-ho' stimulates the audience's sense of justice. With a gun, Tae-ri Kim represents our potential desire to confront unreasonable myths.

“It's not just right”. It is his ability to digest such a character well that his words, which he spits out randomly, stick to his ears. Heavy voices that give you a sense of trust, visuals that aren't biased by any one charm, and a strange atmosphere that envelops the space. It is one of the few filmography, but that is why it has already established itself as an actor that believes and sees. 'Seungri-ho' is a work that gave him another point in his life as an actor. He said, “It's the first time,” and he draws filmography along the beating heart.

“When choosing a work, fun comes first. Because he is an emotional person rather than rational, the final decision is made with the heart, not the head. In a word, I do things that appeal to me (laughs). 'Seungriho' was a challenge for me. Nevertheless, I was attracted to the character and scenario of Captain Jang. I think it came to a great extent that there is no story that cannot be realized in Korea. Since it is a film made only with Korean technology, it seems like a wonderful story that can inspire many artists. Thank you for being able to participate in such a movie.”

Netflix movie'Seungriho ' is 2092In 2008, the story of the crew of the space garbage sweeper Seung-ho jumped into a dangerous deal after discovering Dorothy, a humanoid robot known as a weapon of mass destruction. Captain Jang, played by Tae-ri Kim in the play, is an Ahn-Ha-mu-in who is immersed in alcohol and drinking while leading Seung-ho, a space garbage cleaner. However, there is no machine that can not be handled, and he is a complex character with extraordinary brain, extraordinary leadership, and justice. Perhaps that is why Kim Tae-ri read the scenario and said that the character Captain Jang was not drawn.

“As I watched the scenario, I really enjoyed reading the text, but I couldn't imagine myself in it. In other works I did before, when I read the screenplay, my image was drawn well, but it was not'Seungri-ho'. So, I met Director Jo Sung-hee and talked about the character. Director Cho explained that when a person who is not like a female warrior sat in the captain's seat, the force would be greater than that of a typical person.”

0000004575_002_20210216165441085.jpg?type=w430

Photo courtesy = Netflix

A character named Captain Jang, designed by the director, accurately digs into the needs of the audience, and Kim Tae-ri, who realized this, was well received. The all-back short hair and sunglasses that contrast with the delicate body made the character stand out. Here, the appearance of freely handling a laser gun the size of my body stimulates subtle catharsis.

“The character Captain Jang is ordinary but smart. I think the personality is explained by the self-destruction device in the mouth. If other characters see that there is a process for action, I think Captain Jang is a character with simple and ordinary thoughts. The performance in the movie ' 1897' does not have a clear moment, but it is as if it came out in a square. Isn't the actions he does just because his heart is agitated? I also wanted to be an unconventional character. So, I thought about how to add human charm. As we bumped into the field, we found a lot of answers and received a lot of help from our seniors.”

I like the science fiction genre, and I was excited about the title of Korea's first space science fiction , but there was also a lot of pressure. It was not easy to shake off the existing features of the captain, contrary to the expectations around him who wanted to draw an unusual character. It would not have been easy to act on backgrounds or characters processed by computer graphics ( CG ).

“It was a lot of burden. The director told me that Captain Jang wasn't a typical character, so I wished I could do it, but it was difficult to break it by myself because there is a typical appearance for the job as a captain. So, by looking through the scenarios every corner, I tried to find an imperfect human form. CG was also a difficult part, but it was fun. From one to ten, I studied how to capture my image on the camera in a limited environment. I think there were many scenes created with the staff as much as I needed a lot of touch.”

Following praise from colleagues who boarded'Seungri-ho' such as Song Joong-ki, Jin Seon-gyu, and Hae-Jin Hae-jin, director Cho Sung-hee also expressed Kim Tae-ri as a'big person'. Kim Tae-ri was shy about this kind of reaction, saying, "I don't know." Still, “I think the director is hitting me a little higher. Since the first time I met you, you have been embarrassed and shy. Thank you for watching that way. Maybe that wasn't the reason I wanted to leave the role of captain to me?”

0000004575_003_20210216165441153.jpg?type=w430

Photo courtesy = Netflix

Last 2016 gimtaeri one year his debut with the movie 'lady' Park Chan-wook directed the movie " 1987" and repeated the variation with 'Little Forest' drama 'Mr. Sunshine', a character in this "victory No. 'pokes up to age identity . This filmography shows his personality that he aims for a real subjective life.

“Like the roles I've played so far, I really think I'm a subjective person. Of course, there is shaking, but it seems to me that I am trying to do what I want with confidence. That's why I think I'm attracted a lot by such characters.

His next work is director Choi Dong-hoon's anticipation of science fiction, 'The Aliens'. The audience's anticipation is already high, as they have already achieved full lineup with the same genre of'Seungriho'. In particular, curiosity and anticipation gather to see what's new in Kim Tae-ri's hand, who held the gun twice.

When “Aliens” comes out, I think the audience will like it. Like when I chose'Seungri-ho', I'm curious and excited about what kind of person the screen will look like as an'alien'.”

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000718121?lfrom=twitter

Tae-ri Kim's Magic [Interview ①]

[Sports Trend]

0000718121_001_20210217095430858.jpg?type=w430

Actress Tae-ri Kim, photo courtesy of JWIDE COMPANY
Actor Kim Tae-ri has magical power.

In 2016, director Park Chan-wook's'Girl' appeared like a comet and was called'Cinderella Chungmuro', and after 5 years, she entered the ranks of'Actresses to Believe and Watch'. Even hits will decrease. Following '1987''Little Forest''Mr. Sunshine', and Netflix's'Seungriho', the first space science fiction game in Korea, it all led to a box office.

“My charm? I have no idea. Thank you and I think it's my blessing. haha."

Spoiler

0000718121_002_20210217095430921.jpg?type=w430

Jin Seon-gyu, Kim Tae-ri, Song Joong-ki in'Seungriho'. Photo courtesy|Netflix
In'Seungri-ho', a different face is displayed as a charismatic'Captain Captain'. As soon as it was released in 190 countries around the world, a hot response came up, and in over 20 countries, it was ranked No. 1 in the Netflix movie category.

“There must be an imprint of the image you saw in Hollywood or foreign movies, but'Seungri-ho' came out fresh because Korean and characters from various countries speak their own language? The small items used on the earth, such as the squeaky sofa, refrigerator, and kettle, come out as they are, so there is a Korean feeling.”

Recently, he met'sports tendencies', and he did not pretend to be modest or pretended to be'natural'. What is the reason why he was recognized as a top star in Chungmuro in the sixth year?

Spoiler

0000718121_003_20210217095430943.jpg?type=w430

■'Truth comes first'... Kim Tae-ri's secret The

life of an actor who ran happily, but curiously, there weren't any dating rumors or rumors. Is there a secret to self-management?

"I do not know. I don't know anything else, and I try to be sincere when dealing with people. There are some situations where it is easy to lie in the profession of an actor. It's not a bad meaning, but it's just to talk nicely. Or there is a point where you have to lie for an image. haha. If the secret is to try to show my sincerity as much as possible in it and not to lose myself, it is the secret.”

Another thing that led him to his current position was because of the'good people' around him.

“I really like Inbok. I think it's good enough to burst. I was able to act in a good environment without having to worry about meeting good people. It's not easy to share one work and meet again, but I'm really happy because I'm working with a good person like Hae Jin Hae-jin. I wish I could keep a good relationship.”

It seemed like it would be fun, but last year, I also met the opportunity to break my small frame.

“It was a year of change. I filmed'Seungri-ho' under great pressure and tension. What I learned after filming was'Let's look around and think about the people who love me'. When I opened my eyes like that, the hearts of those who cheered and cared for me were conveyed through my fingertips. Thanks to that, my heart has also been enriched and I am more comfortable than before. But one day there will be another period of anxiety, right? haha?"

Source:http://m.sports.khan.co.kr/amp/view.html?art_id=202102170945013&sec_id=540401&art_id=202102170945013&sec_id=540401&pt=nv&__twitter_impression=true

[Interview②] Kim Tae-ri's beliefs

spacer.pngActress Tae-ri Kim. Photo courtesy of J Wide Company

Actor Tae-ri Kim clearly knew his strengths and weaknesses.

Kim Tae-ri, who recently met with'sports trends', immediately answered when asked about the strengths and weaknesses of an actor.

“My advantage is that I work hard. I do my best and try my best. But the downside is that it is glass mental. Although it may seem confident on the outside, it is not. I often go home, wear a blanket, and chew'Why did I do that?' Fortunately, I can work by quickly attaching the broken mentality with instant adhesive.”

Spoiler

spacer.png

The most talked about elementary school graduation photo.

He has always been at the center of the topic since his debut. Every step of the way became an issue. From elementary school graduation photos to college past photos, I received attention from many people. Recently, SNS has also been opened to communicate with fans. It started at the request of the agency, but it became a hot topic from the first photo upload.

“I'm really ashamed of my graduation photo from elementary school. I wanted to hide it, but maybe one of my classmates spread it, right? haha. The interesting thing is that the fans interpret it in a very different way. I laughed it off because I saw it as a movie character. When I see pictures that fans haven't seen, I really like them, so I thought I would be happy if I posted them on social media one by one.”

Learn from nature What if I hadn't taken this road? He doesn't know what to do because he doesn't have a lot of imagination, but he laughs out loud saying he'll be living well. No matter what question, he threw a question mark asking,'Do you have any convictions to keep?'

“I love myself. I think that's the most important thing. If I love myself, I want to love my surroundings. I want to be able to share that love with people I don't know. As an actor and as a person, I really want to do that.”

Kim Tae-ri's person [Interview ③]

[Sports Trend]
0000718123_001_20210217094614815.jpg?type=w430
Actress Tae-ri Kim, photo courtesy of JWIDE COMPANY
'People' is an important topic for actor Kim Tae-ri. At the filming site, we especially value'communication' with people. The satisfaction of successfully completing the Netflix movie'Seungri-ho' (director Jo Sung-hee) is due to the feeling of satisfaction that he has successfully completed the work of the Netflix movie'Seungri-ho', and breathing with his colleagues.

“Song Joong-ki, Hae-Jin Ha, and Sun-Gyu Jin were all very dependent. All three of them fit well, and they were good to me. I also got a lot of help.”

Spoiler

0000718123_002_20210217094614880.jpg?type=w430

Cast of the movie'Seungriho'.
When I asked Tae-ri Kim who has the most personalities, he picked Jin Seon-gyu immediately.

“It’s very similar to me. I don't believe and doubt the director. haha. I kept thinking about whether I was acting properly. Also, the day before, I couldn't get rid of my regrets and come and bite and droop.”

He also praised Song Joong-ki's adult side.

"That's really cool. It's like a captain. Just, right and wrong are correct. I love people. It can be said that taking good care of the staff is the best for an actor. While calling each person's name, each team bought rice and got together well.”

Park Ye-rin, who played together with'Flower Nim', is also an indispensable companion.

“I was'enlightened' in the field as I see in the movie. It was really pretty, and it was like sunshine to us. There were many times when I was tired and difficult when I was filming, but he laughed a lot because he always burst into it. I just threw it at the director. Fuhaha. Thanks to that, I was able to shoot well.”

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/438/0000033222

[Interview] Kim Tae-ri “This is not just right~”

202102162848_20210216095515857.png?type=w430

The Korean movie'Seungriho', which was frustrated by the corona, and was simultaneously released to the world through Netflix, contains the adventures of the crew of the space garbage cleaner'Seungriho' in 2092. Tae-ri Kim leads the space adventure as Captain Jang of Seung-ho, who has a clear'Taegeukgi' pattern. Kim Tae-ri said, “Let’s not be too immersed in the characteristics of the genre. Let's show the family of our crew, let's think of it as Earth, not space. I thought so and acted.” This is the content of an interview with Tae-ri Kim, who was burned due to corona.

● Untypical Captain Jang

“I was attracted to Captain Jang. When I read the scenario, I felt that I made a very complex story interesting. I liked the setting that Captain Jang wasn't the only protagonist, but all four people ‘Ugh-X-U-X’ to save the planet. I wondered how it would be made. I think I challenged Captain Jang because I felt the charm of the character.”

Tae-ri Kim adds this to the tough female warrior Seung-ho'Captain Jang'.

“When I read a typical scenario, I came to mind in it. However, my image did not come to mind in this work. It seemed like I wasn't. We talked with director Jo Sung-hee, and we talked about'the unimaginable point'. He thought of the unusual appearance of Kim Tae-ri sitting in the captain's seat, who was not like a female warrior. I was curious about what the universe world would be like.”

-After'Seungriho' was released, it ranked #1 on the Netflix charts in many countries. Impressions.

“I made a movie hard. The staff and the director who were together will be happy. Personally, it is a strange and new experience to contact me from a friend in a foreign country. It takes time for a movie released in Korea to be introduced to a foreign country, and it will only be introduced quickly once it goes well in Korea. It is amazing both as an audience and as an actor who participated in seeing it at the same time.”

-How do you feel about playing a female leader?

“First of all, I thought it would be nice to be not a typical person. Still, I was worried about the title'Captain'. There will be something the audience thinks. It was difficult to break such an image. While watching the scenario, I wondered how to show the human side. I thought how I could show that it's not too perfect, that the crew is with me, that I'm not alone. I found a lot in the scenario. In the scene dealing with petals, I wanted to show a warm look. To feel like a family. I tried to find those little parts.”

-There is a scene reading <Heromoon>. Have you read it?

“I didn't read it. I like martial arts. Thanks to my brother. [Boy Champ] I saw a lot, and I also saw martial arts. Looking at the Three Kingdoms map. <Heroic Moon> was written by taking what the director owns. Such a small thing seems to represent the captain's personality.”

● “Something would have hurt my heart”-What

kind of person is Captain Jang that Tae-ri Kim thinks?

“I am a very ordinary person. The difference is that they are ordinary but smart. He has a job to do. With that in mind, he came out of the UTS and put a gun at Sullivan for work to do. In the end, they go to save the planet. If there is a process in which other characters go through many things and choose, Captain Jang will do the simple but big things he has had in his mind for many years. I think the process is the same as the performance in 1987. The opportunity for Yeonhee to appear in the plaza is not clear. Something is because my heart hurt. With that kind of mind. I think he is a person who designs his life with his convictions.”

-Acting Tae-ri Kim's <Girl>, <Mr. Sunshine>, and <Seungri-ho> were a bit surprising. What do you think is the limit of your character? Which character do you think suits you best?

“I am not sure of a character that suits me well. If it's the limit, it seems to depend on how long you cast me. I think that as an actor, I would be greatly grateful for having melted me well in various characters. I am really grateful for playing various characters in various times now. I think it’s because I’m lucky.”

-Director Cho Sung-hee described actor Kim Tae-ri as'a big person'. Why did he say that?

"I do not know. The director seems to value me higher than the original me. From the first time I met him, he was embarrassed. Thank you for watching me like that. I think it was to give you the role of'captain' that you saw like that.”

-Captain Jang's style with sunglasses is cool. Is there any opinion of Kim Tae-ri regarding this role?

“Everything came from the head of the bishop. So, what Director Cho Sung-hee envisioned 10 years ago was reproduced. All I thought was the hairstyle. “Tarry, do what you're comfortable with,” and it was adopted by presenting the hair style that I did when taking a photo shoot.”

-After <Mr. Sunshine>, I caught the gun again. How was it.

“Ah, that gun shoots well.”

-How about controlling the spacecraft? Chroma Key (Blue Screen) How do you feel?

“Driving... was too difficult. The bishop was helped to show the demonstration. I tried to find the most comfortable movement. Since it is what you show on the screen, I checked what would be appropriate. Chroma key shooting always seems difficult. I tried to be as shameless as possible. I constantly imagined and acted, saying,'I am here now.'”

-How was the actors' chemistry?

“It was so good. I thought we were all doing it together because we were interviewing the media this time, but it's a bit unfortunate that each person does. When filming, I received a lot of energy from my seniors. Please give me a lot of advice. I think I have a lot of human clothes. I think I only met good seniors.”

● “The fun is awesome”

-What is the first virtue of selecting a work for actor Kim Tae-ri?

“I think the fun is great. If you enjoyed the scenario, it seems that some answers will come out. I am more emotional than rational. I like the work that touches the chest, not the head.”

-The next work was also known as SF. Having appeared in'Seungri-ho', what can you expect of Tae-ri Kim in the next film? (Kim Tae-ri was cast in Choi Dong-hoon's <The Alien> (tentative title))

“I think'Seungri-ho' is a great first start. It is a great honor to the director and the writer. There will be no story that cannot be realized in Korea anymore. There will be a lot of imaginative stories, whether it's upcoming movies, science fiction or future stories.” (At the same time, I didn't talk about the new work)

-Do you have any plans to do it yourself when your agency is doing SNS?

“Even if I try to do SNS, I have nothing to say. And it seems to take too much time. I don't think I have any specific stories to tell...”

-The appearances of Tae-ri Kim's acting in the works are all independent characters.

“I also seem to be a subjective person. I try to work on everything with the utmost confidence. Perhaps that is why I am more attracted to such a person.”

-<Seungri-ho> is set in 2092. The Earth has a dystopian appearance. How does Kim Tae-ri think of the future?

“I think of a bit harsh future. So I try not to think. No matter how much I think about it, I have only such an idea. Still, many novels and movies about the future are being made in Korea these days. I get a lot of inspiration from watching such a story. It is fun to imagine that there could be a world like this.”

-The line "It's not just right" was cool. If there are famous ambassadors and famous scenes chosen by Kim Tae-ri.

“I also like that line,'I'm not just right.' However, it does not fit the situation in which the line is in the play. This is the part where you can see a snob-like appearance with the crew. It is fun to write such a line because it is double. What you think is just, but when you say it when it's not. Such ambiguity was fun. I like it."

“My favorite scene was the battle scene that introduced Seung-ho at the opening. It's like a sequence that tells us'Seungriho'.”

-How about choosing the best chemistry from'Seungriho' member?

“It's a petal. Petals are lovers. If you pick someone else, I'll do karma. First of all, he was a friend, family, and robot. There is something in the words you spit out. When it was shut down, the affection for the karma would have been particularly visible. He is a best friend with a business man.”

-What do you talk with the actors on the set? [Seungri-ho] What was your personal interest in filming?

“I am not just talking about movies. They talk about what they are enjoying these days and what nutritional supplements they eat. A story related to life. I also talk about movies I enjoyed watching. Exercise together. Play badminton together. I did.”

“When filming'Seungri-ho', only'Seungri-ho' worked hard. These days, I'm trying to do something else. Hobbies. I couldn't do well with just one thing. I had to live a balanced life.”

“Today's interview is the last schedule with'Seungri-ho'. After this is over, you will be Pai Pay with'Seungri-ho'. What's left now is how the audience will see it. I hope this movie will be loved for a long time.”

<Seungri-ho>, starring actors such as Tae-ri Kim, Joong-ki Song, Sun-gyu Jin, Hae-Jin Ha, and Richard Armitage, has been hotly loved around the world after being released on Netflix on the 5th. (KBS Media Park Jae-hwan )

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/312/0000471852

[TEN Interview] Tae-ri Kim "If'Seungri-ho' is a pistol, Captain Jang is the trigger"

Movie victory Arc Chapter captain standing役gimtaeri
"also a shaking everyone to keep people"
"" Victory Arc, the work timpeul attractive "
," do not calculative approach to work. "
[Ten Asia = Reporter Kim Ji-won]

0000471852_001_20210217170819887.jpg?type=w430

Actress Kim Tae-ri of the movie'Seungri-ho' / Photo courtesy of Netflix

"It's a work that I'm not ashamed of to show to overseas viewers. It's not like following Hollywood, but it's like a movie that tastes our taste. It's good that our emotions are contained and the love of family and humanity is melted into it."

Actress Tae-ri Kim revealed the feelings of showing the movie'Seungri-ho' to viewers around the world through Netflix. Kim Tae-ri boasted, "I want to show my grandmother, but my grandmother's TV is not a smart TV, so I bought a smart TV connection device and showed it."

Spoiler

0000471852_002_20210217170819911.jpg?type=w430

Movie'Seungriho' still / photo courtesy of Moviesa Silk Road, Netflix

'Seungri-ho' depicts what happens in 2092, when the earth was desolate and the space artificial city UTS was created, when the crew of the space garbage sweeper Seung-ho discovered Dorothy, a humanoid weapon of mass destruction. It is the first space science fiction genre in Korean cinema, and although Cliché was used habitually, the strong bond between the team members and Korean sentiment such as affection and family love are also factors that attract audiences.

Captain Jang, played by Tae-ri Kim, is the young leader of Seung-ho, a rational and realistic person. Despite being small, he demonstrates exceptional leadership with unshakable spirit and quick judgment even when the crew members are confused and wandering.

"If Seungri is a pistol, Captain Jang is the trigger. When everyone was confused, Captain Jang thought he was the one who could see beyond. Even if the crew changes according to the situation, Captain Jang has a belief and justice from start to finish. He is a person who keeps his seat with his. I was able to become a captain because of a cause. I thought about why this person is a captain."

0000471852_003_20210217170819951.jpg?type=w430

In this film, Song Joong-gi as the pilot Kim Tae-ho, Jin Seon-gyu as the engineer Tiger Park, and Hae-jin Hae-jin as the robot industry. Tae-ri Kim smiled brightly, saying, "I liked'Seungri-ho' because it was a team player.

"It is fun and cute that the case is not solved by Captain Jang's own struggles, but the fact that it is a collaboration of five of us, Kkotnim (child actor Park Ye-rin). I was able to breathe more and I am satisfied with my chemistry."

Kim Tae-ri said that the filming site became more comfortable after'Seungri-ho'. He also said that his eyes to care for not only himself but also the people around him have deepened.

"Before, if I had only looked in front with a narrow view, I would have an open eye that people around me could see while playing'Seungriho'. I looked at the staff together and saw how this movie is being made. It may be because'Seungriho' is a masterpiece. It may be because it is Korea's first space science fiction. It’s the first time that all of the staff are challenging.

0000471852_004_20210217170819980.jpg?type=w430

After acting on the theatrical stage, after debuting in 2016 with the movie ``Girl'' directed by Park Chan-wook, Tae-ri Kim built up solid filmography in a short time, including the film ``1987'', ``Little Forest'', and the drama ``Mr. Sunshine''. Kim Tae-ri is attractive with unspoilt natural acting and pure beauty. With what kind of attitude are you paving your way?

"I don't approach it computationally. I work hard at the company. Haha. I'm walking as far as I can. Thanks to my luck, I think I'll meet good directors and seniors and participate in such a good work. Be humble." I really think so, not words."

Source:https://m-en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20210216004400315

(Yonhap Interview) Actress hopes 'Space Sweepers' inspires more homegrown space films

SEOUL, Feb. 16 (Yonhap) -- When renowned South Korean director Park Chan-wook's 2016 erotic-psychological thriller "The Handmaiden" was released, a young actress playing a jaunty and independent teenage maid in the 1930s caught the eyes of movie fans and filmmakers.

She was Kim Tae-ri, then 26, who made her silver screen debut with the high profile project after being handpicked by Park from among 1,500 candidates who had auditioned for the role.

Since then, her choices have drawn media attention and measured up to expectations in the critically acclaimed film "Little Forest" (2018) and the highly rated historical TV series "Mr. Sunshine" (2018).

This image provided by Netflix shows a scene in
This image provided by Netflix shows a scene in
This photo provided by Netflix shows Kim Tae-ri. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

This time, Kim returned with space opera "Space Sweepers," directed by Jo Sung-hee, as the captain of the spaceship Victory.

"When I first read the screenplay of 'Space Sweepers,' it was so interesting but I couldn't imagine myself playing a role in the film," she said Monday in a Zoom interview with Yonhap News Agency and other local news media. "I usually picture my character talking and moving in my head while I read a script. But as for 'Space Sweepers,' that imagination didn't work."

"Space Sweepers" features a group of space scavengers who hunt for debris to make money in the year 2092 in a fictional universe where Earth is nearly destroyed by pollution and a group of upper class people build a new habitable world in outer space under the management of UTS Corporation.

Kim took the role of mysterious and charismatic Captain Jang, who leads the shabby spaceship Victory and three misfits -- pilot Tae-ho (Song Joong-ki), engineer Tiger Park (Jin Seon-kyu) and the humanoid robot Bubs (Yoo Hai-jin).

The film is known to be the country's first space blockbuster film, a genre traditionally dominated by Hollywood studios with Western actors.

"The director told me that he wanted to create a captain who doesn't look like a female warrior with a bigger and stronger physique, so he cast me," she said. "But it was hard for me to break the stereotyped image of a captain. She didn't look like me."

So she put some tweaks on her character, a former genius researcher who became a space junk collector after attempting to kill the founder of UTS, in order to make Captain Jang look warm and humane behind her cold and deadpan face.

"I thought it would be dreary if Captain Jang is just a cool and charismatic perfect person," she said. "So I created a captain who is slightly ditzy and skittish sometimes and mingles well with her crew members."

Those complex and sophisticated characteristics explains the last choice that Captain Jang makes to save Dorothy, a young girl who possesses sought-after mysterious powers, and Earth, she noted.

Thanks to performance of the cast and quality computer-generated special visual effects, "Space Sweepers" has successfully created a buzz across the world to top Netflix's movie chart on its first week of its release on Feb. 5.

Kim said the success of "Space Sweepers" verifies that imaginative and creative stories can be realized and dramatized on screen.

"I think it is a great start. There's no stories that cannot be realized now in Korea," she said. "It will probably inspire many filmmakers and writers here. I'm looking forward to seeing more creative originals in the future."