[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

48 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I don't or feel particularly inclined about the new guy. I am more obsessed to see who she ends up with. I was staring quite hard at the wedding photos. And the fingers and hand shapes don't tally with W. Hence my sadness. Not to mention the veins don't lie. One can't switch the position of the vein in the wedding photo vs Wung's hands.

what's photos?? i missed this part 

• Like 1

I am Torn.  I wish I had known beforehand about the Yumi Cells webtoon storyline with Woong not being the end game.

I fell hard for Yumi & Woong, they are adorable together.  I thought Yumi meeting Babi was just a distraction until she made up with Woong....but No....he may not be in her future, according to the webtoon and what I've since read about plans for a 2nd season.

I am devastated.

I wish I could turn back time, watch this Kdrama knowing I shouldn't invest my loyalty to any one guy....but that's futile now since Ahn Bo Hyun is doing such a great job as Woong.  His scenes with Kim Go Eun are wonderful and sweet.  He's ruined the show for me now that i know what really may be in store for our heroine.

Show....if you want me to to continue watching now and into the future season DON"T give Woong to Sae Yi.  She doesn't deserve him and has been nothing but horrible to Yumi.  Every time she's on screen only venom spews out of her mouth.

Okay...done with my rant for today.  :fiercebunny:

• Like 6

Uh at the beginning of episode 8 when Yumi is 72 years old. Yumi's library.

You can see Wung or Woong's frog photo. Then the wedding photo. I stopped the video for a few minutes. To recheck what I saw and compare.

@mcdc yeah well I didn't know JW wasn't the end game too. I was shocked to discover that there was a season 2 as well.

I feel a bit disappointed with myself  since I don't normally like 2 guys in a drama. And rarely have a 2nd lead syndrome and it now wants me to love a 3rd guy? Far out. Talk about making a Kdrama fan show her true colours. No man is to be held sacred. He can be discarded. When all other Kdramas make the first love sacred. The fated one sacred.

And this drama? Makes me like THREE actors. THREE!!! 

Yes I am a Lee Sang Yi fan and I loved his long cameo. Although his character was a cheating douchebag.

So yeah the casting director deserves a medal. If they gave KGE 3 male actors who she has chemistry with they better cast actor no 4 well.

In the meantime... I've learnt something about myself. Apparently I can be as fickle as Yumi. Shesh.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

35 minutes ago, mcdc said:

I am Torn.  I wish I had known beforehand about the Yumi Cells webtoon storyline with Woong not being the end game.

I fell hard for Yumi & Woong, they are adorable together.  I thought Yumi meeting Babi was just a distraction until she made up with Woong....but No....he may not be in her future, according to the webtoon and what I've since read about plans for a 2nd season.

I am devastated.

I wish I could turn back time, watch this Kdrama knowing I shouldn't invest my loyalty to any one guy....but that's futile now since Ahn Bo Hyun is doing such a great job as Woong.  His scenes with Kim Go Eun are wonderful and sweet.  He's ruined the show for me now that i know what really may be in store for our heroine.

Show....if you want me to to continue watching now and into the future season DON"T give Woong to Sae Yi.  She doesn't deserve him and has been nothing but horrible to Yumi.  Every time she's on screen only venom spews out of her mouth.

I love Yumi's webtoon because of how realistic and relatable the story is. 

The webtoon author emphasize that there is NO male lead, there is only one main character in the story and that is Yumi. Thus the male character comes and goes in her life and she grows as the story progress. It was very witty and good use of male characters, it's not your typical kdrama romance. 

In the webtoon, my favortite was actually babi, woong did not give me the same liking as ann bo hyun portrayed here. I agree with you they are adorable, but sometimes relationship won't work. Woong is caught between Saeyi as his long time friend, and his career motivation which will be questioned later on. 

The problem with Babi is that he is nice to everyone. He is sweet and thoughful but sometimes as his gf you do get a bit insecurity of why he cannot be nice to only me. So there's that. 

The webtoon readers was rooting for babi  and yumi to be end game then situation change and her 3rd love interests came. Then you realized that in every relationship Yumi also get stuck in a loop of insecurity until the right relationship arrived.

I ended up binged read the webtoon because it was so fun and captivating. You end up rooting for Yumi to go after her own happiness. 

20 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

@mcdc yeah well I didn't know JW wasn't the end game too. I was shocked to discover that there was a season 2 as well.

I feel a bit disappointed with myself  since I don't normally like 2 guys in a drama. And rarely have a 2nd lead syndrome and it now wants me to love a 3rd guy? Far out. Talk about making a Kdrama fan show her true colours. No man is to be held sacred. He can be discarded. When all other Kdramas make the first love sacred. The fated one sacred.

And this drama? Makes me like THREE actors. THREE!!! 

Yes I am a Lee Sang Yi fan and I loved his long cameo. Although his character was a cheating douchebag.

So yeah the casting director deserves a medal. If they gave KGE 3 male actors who she has chemistry with they better cast actor no 4 well.

In the meantime... I've learnt something about myself. Apparently I can be as fickle as Yumi. Shesh.

I'm eager to see who will be cast as the 3rd. I don;t know how closely they will make it to webtoon, but I enjoy the dynamic of characters in the webtoon so much that I think it is vital for 3 male characters as they have different impact on Yumi's growth. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Another random thought.

Can they cast Ahn Bo Hyun as Yumi's final choice, looking how he does now with his shorter, styled hair and neat business jacket?  I saw an interview conducted with Kim Go Eun for Elle and they were dressed in some amazing outfits.  Ahn Bo Hyun looking like that could very easily be Yumi's true love.  Check out their interview on Youtube...they are gorgeous!

I know, I know, now I'm really reaching for the stars with this thought but he does look different in reality and I'm sure could pull it off.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I'm team Woomi too. They are sooooo cute together. Those lovey dovey handholding, makes you go awwww~

woomi01.gif

But I wonder if they are going to do a ...

Spoiler

...CITT drama kind of ending. With Yumi not ending up with anybody and being happy on her own. We might not get a glimpse of Soonrok except for those wedding photos.

I don't think there's enough episode to cover Yumi's story with Soonrok unless we get a 3rd season. 

Anyway, we still have 6 more episode of season 1 and another season coming. So let's just enjoy cutie Yumi for now.

• Like 6

Who ever Yumi ends up with, I'll always remember her first kiss with Woong and the background music "Like a star", it's just so sweet and wonderful. 

Can anyone confirm about Woong wants to get back with Yumi after the break up in the webtoon?

19 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

There is a season 2 right? Where she ends up married. After all Yumi's library was 72 years old when the little cells had their tour.

Yup, 2 seasons, 28 eps in total

• Like 3

On 10/12/2021 at 9:43 PM, nikki7 said:

I'm team Woomi too. They are sooooo cute together. Those lovey dovey handholding, makes you go awwww~

<gif>

OMG where is that gif from? I thought it was from the 7-8 BTS, but I never saw that clip.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LanA said:

Can anyone confirm about Woong wants to get back with Yumi after the break up in the webtoon?

Spoiler

Yes he does. And multiple times at that. Bobby stops the first and second try while Soonrok stops it for good. It is yumi by the way who unintentionally makes him meet another good girl who will possibly be his future gf. 

• Like 3

On 10/13/2021 at 2:34 AM, mcdc said:

I am devastated.

chingu, i feel you...

but yumi will always feel insecure, and i don't understand her, but that is her character. That's why irl they dont match actually... but we are watching drama so i have this lil hope... 

probably as someone said, ABH potrayed WoongKu better than webtoon version. i agree, probably bc i've fallen for abh lol, he was so good on kairos and acts cute on yumi...

when i spoiled myself and read the webtoon i was shocked too plus the 2nd season... probably bc i watched the drama first so i am invested with yumi KGE and Woong ABH... 

hope the other yumi BFs could act as good as ABH, bc they have one of the best chemistry... 

dunno if i can continue watch if they break up... my heart... please dont hate me... 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

I really liked how Yumi handled the whole Sae Yi debacle. I still didn't like the way Woong called her "sensitive" though.. tsk.:unamused: I get where Yumi's comin' from. She's been betrayed by the two Woo Gis and it hurt her causing her insecurity..

Louis is another problem altogether LoL. I feel like he doesn't like Yumi as much? His reaction whenever he sees Yumi is sort of.. meh LoL? 

And what Sae Yi said about fear of him becoming as twisted as Yumi was way out of line. It's total gaslighting. I wanted to cut her some slack but that was too much tbh. 

So obvious Bobby left Yumi a like on her social media post. Please drama don't break them up? They just got back together ok?!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, Chi Nguyễn Kim said:

Woong in drama is better than in the webtoon. And I realize the time they love each other in the drama is also longer than in the webtoon? Can I expect the movie to have a different ending? I really like Woong :(

it's hardly the case that Yumi is staying with Woong till the end. I'm ok with who ever Yumi ends up with. After episode 9, I've finally found peace that they didn't break up over Saeyi, so I'm ready for their breakup if any.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, LanA said:

it's hardly the case that Yumi is staying with Woong till the end. I'm ok with who ever Yumi ends up with. After episode 9, I've finally found peace that they didn't break up over Saeyi, so I'm ready for their breakup if any.

Yes, they didn't break up because of SY. Their feelings will deepen even more before break up. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1