[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

Kim Go Eun signs onto new drama

The actress will be starring in an adaptation of the hit webtoon Yumi's Cells which tells the story of an office worker named Yumi

ggonekim.png

Kim Go Eun stars in webtoon adaptation titled Yumi's Cells Picture: Instagram

Korean actress Kim Go Eun ended 2020 on a great note. She played a detective role in The King: Eternal Monarch opposite Lee Min Ho, followed by starring in a short film titled Untact, alongside Kim Joo Hun.

At the end of the year, it was reported that the actress had signed on to a new drama. Soompi reported that the actress will be acting in the adaptation of the hit webtoon Yumi’s Cells.

It tells the story of an office worker named Yumi. The webtoon is told from the actress’ viewpoint and sees the many brain cells in her head controlling her thought, emotion and action. Kim Go Eun will be essaying the titular role of the character who finds it difficult to express her feelings.

kim.png

Kim Go Eun has signed on to a new drama. Picture: Instagram

Her role will mature in her romance and professional life as she starts to find happiness from the small joys in life.

Speaking about the webtoon and her role, Kim Go Eun said, “I think the reason that the love story of the ordinary woman Yumi was able to make so many people laugh and cry over such a long period of time was because of how relatable it was. I’m looking forward to her future journey.”

Lee Sang Yeob, director of Familiar Wife and Shopping King Louie will be directing Yumi’s Cells.

Memories of the Alhambra writer Song Jae Jung and Find Me in Your Memory writer Kim Yoon Joo are the co-writers on the drama. Yumi’s Cells is likely to start in the first half of 2021.

Born on July 2, 1991, Kim Go Eun is a South Korean actress and singer. She debuted in the film A Muse (2012) where she won several Best New Actress awards in South Korea. She is also known for her role in the television series Cheese in the Trap (2016), Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016), and The King: Eternal Monarch (2020).

https://theindependent.sg/kim-go-eun-signs-onto-new-drama/

• Like 4

On 1/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, gutterland said:

Kge is now ready for Yumi ! Mindbridge should sponsor the production wardrobe, kge looks so good in their spring collection.

Yes, they should, it will be a great advertisement for them too. I really like their collection and her styling this time.She's really rocking these office wears.

These looks are to die for.

Someone actually did an edit, imagine with a more sleek and styled hair for Yumi

Cr:@sapphicggone

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 12:24 AM, MineunGoals said:

But do you guys know any news about the male leads? 

A lot of casting news today but unfortunately no news with male leads yet. I also don't think they'll be big names. Maybe we'll get trendy or rising actors as male leads but definitely not top stars. Still stuck at ch 112 so I can't name actors that would fit the other male characters but I agree with this for Woong.

Knetz choice is byun yohan which I also 100% agree but I don't think that's happening :joy:

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 1

Tuesday, 05 Jan 2021

996496.jpg

Kim Go-eun was last seen in 'The King: Enternal Monarch'. Photo: Netflix

South Korean production firm Studio Dragon confirmed that it has cast actor Kim Go-eun as the protagonist in the upcoming webtoon-based drama Yumi’s Cells.

Kim will play Kim Yumi, an ordinary woman in her 30s.

“I think many people were able to enjoy happy and sad moments while reading about an ordinary woman character Yumi’s love life for such a long time because it is relatable. I am looking forward to starting on this journey, ” Kim said in a statement.

Popular Korean webtoon series Yumi’s Cells has 512 episodes and is written and drawn by Lee Dong-geun.

The final episode was presented on the portal giant Naver’s webtoon platform on Nov 7,2020.

The series, which started five years ago, has over 3.2 billion accumulated views and more than 5 million comments.

The series presents Yumi making everyday decisions at work and in relationships. As she makes her choices, 200 cells in her brain interact with each other and these cells take human form.

This is not the first time that Kim is starring in a webtoon-based drama. In 2016, she played main character Hong Seoul in the tvN drama Cheese In The Trap based on a webtoon with the same title.

Since the brain cells are also important characters in the story, Studio Dragon said the new drama will feature animated characters in the roles.

The script for the new drama will be written by three writers – Song Jae-jung, who is known for writing Memories Of The Alhambra; Kim Yoon-joo, who wrote Find Me in Your Memory; and rookie writer Kim Kyoung-ran. Lee Sang-yeop, who directed the 2018 drama Familiar Wife, is directing the new drama.

The shooting is set to begin in the first half of 2021. – The Korea Herald/Asia News Network

https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle/entertainment/2021/01/05/kim-go-eun-to-star-in-new-webtoon-based-korean-drama-yumis-cells

• Like 2

Read all 512 episodes of Yumi's Cells now! 

Once I started I couldn't stop. It just worries me a little how this can be turned into a drama. It will probably take longer of this production, since animations will be included.

As for the storyline, I have a feeling it's possible to do it in 16 episodes. The base material may have 512 episodes, but it's not /that/ long in reality, especially if you make room for more outside story and cut back on the cells, who are the titular characters, however, I don't think it translates that well in a drama, if you put your focus on the cells as much as the author did for the webtoon. I think a lot of the fun would be lost in execution.

• Confused 1

Kim Go Eun to star in hit webtoon 'Yumi's Cage'

On December 31, Kim Go Eun confirmed her participation in the drama adapted from the webtoon "Yumi's Cell" (Yumi's Cell). It's a hugely popular 3.2 billion-read series that revolves around the life of the office worker Yumi and the cells in her head.

http://newsmd1fr.keeng.net/tiin/archive/images/20201231/103709_kim_go_eun.jpg

The goblin actress who plays Yumi (30) is an ordinary woman who tries to express her feelings. Yumi has the ability to divide cells in her brain, and each one represents a different emotion. They often help Yumi find the best solution when she has problems in her life.

http://newsmd1fr.keeng.net/tiin/archive/images/20201231/103842_30086225733670157839405.jpg

http://newsmd1fr.keeng.net/tiin/archive/images/20201231/103736_20181012153625.jpg

Through the activity of the cells in her head, Yumi finds little joys in her daily life and gradually matures in work and love.

Yumi's camera will bring videos that vividly show the thoughts and struggle between cells in Yumi's head that everyone must go through in pursuit of love and dreams.

http://newsmd1fr.keeng.net/tiin/archive/images/20201231/103832_unnamed.jpg

The film is known to have been written by a powerful screenwriter, including: Song Jae Jung - the author of many famous dramas such as High Kick! (Family # 1), W: Two worlds apart, Memories of the Alhambra (Memories of the Alhambra), Queen In Hyun's male (Queen In Hyun's male) ...; screenwriter Kim Yoon Joo with famous works such as "Find Me in Your Memory", "Duel" (clone "Duel"), "Nine: 9 Time Travel (9 times back in time)"; Rookie writer Kim Kyungran and director Lee Sang Yeob of Shopaholic Louis (The Prince of Shopping), a familiar wife, part of your mind (you are half of my life) ....

Yumi's cameras are expected to begin filming in the first half of 2021.

Translation from vietnamese google

http://tiin.vn/chuyen-muc/phim/kim-go-eun-dong-vai-chinh-trong-webtoon-noi-tieng-yumis-cell-lieu-co-lam-nen-chuyen-sau-that-bai-cua-quan-vuong-bat-diet.html

• Like 4

Upcoming Korean dramas and films adapted from webtoons to look out for in 2021

Webtoons have long provided quality content and source material for Korean dramas, and said dramas have almost always received an overwhelmingly positive reaction, partly from the excitement carried over by the readers and fans of the webtoon and partly due to the appeal of K-Dramas themselves. 2020 ended with the immense success of ‘Sweet Home,’ which was also adapted from a webtoon, and 2021 will usher in a whole new set of adaptations that are already creating quite the buzz. Besides ‘True Beauty,’ which is already on air right now, here are some webtoons that have been confirmed for adaptations in 2021.

Yumi’s Cells’

1609833909-a32685bf05070d39a6405322cee18

Starring Kim Go Eun in the lead role of Yumi, ‘Yumi’s Cells’ will be a drama that will combine elements of animation to truly adapt the authenticity of the original webtoon. Yumi is an ordinary office worker in her 30s who finds love and laughter in the small things. The story is told from the perspective of Yumi’s brain cells, and the innovative novelty is sure to be a mega-hit.

Besides the above, some other webtoons such as ‘Nanolist,’ ‘Brave Citizen’ and ‘Yeon’s Letter’ are also up for adaptation into films this year.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/01/upcoming-korean-dramas-and-films-adapted-from-webtoons-to-look-out-for-in-2021

• Like 2

I would like to see something similar to this (@ 3:30) when they are showing animation. It will be a fun to watch if all the cells are mini 'Ggone' but may be in different colored outfits to represent different cells.

Or even something like this but mini Ggone

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Just finished reading Yumis Cells.

I m overflowing with every emotions writer potrayed in the webtoon..and you will feel Kim Go-un in front of your eyes everytime you will see Yumi  :heart:...i thoght writer was a close friend of KGE when he thought of the character

Now i am actually wants to know the male leads because there are many love cycle yumi has to gone thourgh for experiencng the real emotions of life

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

@MineunGoalsYou already finished it:wut:

I still haven't started it yetWhat Are You Doing Reaction GIF

I am in a dilemma, is it better to read and know all the spoilers or wait for the drama to air?

2 hours ago, MineunGoals said:

Now i am actually wants to know the male leads because there are many love cycle yumi has to gone thourgh for experiencng the real emotions of life

Who do you think will be good for all the MLs? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ms.sunshine said:

@MineunGoalsYou already finished it

I still haven't started it yet

I am in a dilemma, is it better to read and know all the spoilers or wait for the drama to air?

I was also in a dilemma Whether I should read it or not...but i was missing my gal sooo much that i I dared to read the whole thing...i know i will enjoy it whether i read it previously or not just you know our kge will be the main lead

53 minutes ago, Ms.sunshine said:

@MineunGoals

Who do you think will be good for all the MLs? 

actually i am a newbie in k drama land so i dont know many rising star...but i would like to see choi minho and kge onscreen  together because they didnt get many screen timing in Canola

For woong= someone with long hair and dark brown skin tone

Babi Yoo= Choi Minho

Manager Shin= Park Hyun Sik

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MineunGoals said:

actually i am a newbie in k drama land so i dont know many rising star...but i would like to see choi minho and kge onscreen  together because they didnt get many screen timing in Canola

For woong= someone with long hair and dark brown skin tone

Babi Yoo= Choi Minho

Manager Shin= Park Hyun Sik

Me too, only know some of the popular ones. @gutterlandwas mentioning Kim Ji Hoon as Woong. He was good in his previous drama. I couldn't believe, he's almost 40. 

Are all the MLs supposedly younger than Yumi in the drama? Of all these 3 MLs who's the most important one/ who has more screen time with Yumi?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ms.sunshine said:

Me too, only know some of the popular ones. @gutterlandwas mentioning Kim Ji Hoon as Woong. He was good in his previous drama. I couldn't believe, he's almost 40. 

Are all the MLs supposedly younger than Yumi in the drama? Of all these 3 MLs who's the most important one/ who has more screen time with Yumi?

Spoiler

Woong is a friend of her co-worker (Wook, vice manager of sales) who is maybe 1-2 levels above her, so maybe a couple of years older? 

I'd say there are like 230 episodes of Woong.

Babi Yoo is another co-worker with managerial position, so he may be older than her. Maybe 200 episodes of him.

Rudolph Shin is I think 2-3 years younger. The author specified, but I can't quite remember. But he does call her nuna, as far as I remember.

There like like 20 episodes of him. 

Rough estimate and in order of appearance.

Put the info in spoiler, in case it's sensitive. 

• Like 2

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

• Like 2

@Ms.sunshine @MineunGoals

I also contemplated as I want to enjoy the drama without comparing but camping in twitter was not a great idea as it gave me a lot of spoilers :joy: so I just gave it a go. 

Regarding casting, they should cast someone with rough image as Woong that looks good in long hair and beard. I can only think of the two I mentioned above that fits the character. There's not much korean actors with that image. The author also drew inspiration from a Japanese actor for Woong. 

For Babi, someone with soft image, like siwan, bogum, jung hae in or lmh... :ph34r:. From this list, I think only Siwan has the chance :lol:

I'm still halfway so I have not met manager shin yet, but  as what I've seen and read, it should be someone younger and tall? Maybe either of the leads from Sweet Home? SongKang or Lee Dohyun. They are not that super popular yet but definitely rising stars.

And yes I think Park Hyun sik will also fit manager shin or even Babi. He just got from army so I'm not sure if he would want to take this as comeback drama where he's not the main focus of the story. 

As per @agenth summary, woong will have most screen time but I heard a lot of fans love Babi so actor who'll play Babi might be the most known one. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1