[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Director And Writers Of “Yumi’s Cells” Talk About Season 2, Comparisons To “Sex And The City,” And More

Nov 22, 2021
by J. Ahn

The director and writers of “Yumi’s Cells” talked about the creation of “Yumi’s Cells” and the cast!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” told the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action. Kim Go Eun played the titular role of Yumi, an ordinary woman who struggles with expressing her feelings, while Ahn Bo Hyun starred as the straightforwardly honest game developer Goo Woong.

In an interview reported by Newsen, director Lee Sang Yeop talked about the pressure from bringing the hit webtoon to life, saying, “I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t any pressure, and as a fan of the webtoon, I worked on the drama with the thought of creating something I’d want to watch.”

The director also explained why he decided to use 3D animation for the cells, saying, “I was originally going to use 2D animation for the cells like the webtoon does, but I suggested the use of 3D animation because I thought the cells should look so lovable so that people want to hug them.”

The combination of live-action and 3D animation is a first for Korean dramas, and Song Jae Jung, the writer for “Yumi’s Cells,” said, “I was able to realize that this combination was actually possible as we were looking at the original webtoon and also came to understand the need to consider broader ranges of ideas when it comes to the spectrum of creativity.”

Writer Kim Yoon Joo added, “I think attempting new ideas has become less concerning as I saw the viewers enjoying the drama.”

yumis-cells.jpeg

When asked about casting GOT7’s Jinyoung as Yoo Babi, the director said, “I thought of Yoo Babi’s character to be handsome, and when I first saw Jinyoung, I remember thinking that he was extremely good-looking.”

Lee Sang Yeop talked about the diverse characteristics of the character Yumi and said that her diverse attributes could’ve been a difficult factor in casting for the role. However when talking about casting Kim Go Eun for the role, he said, “When I first met Kim Go Eun she was very bright and energetic so I thought she’d be great as Yumi. Ahn Bo Hyun played a lot of different types of characters in the past so I was concerned about whether he’d fit with the role, but after talking to him I realized that he had a quiet and sensitive aura, and I liked that.”

Song Jae Jung thanked Kim Go Eun and Ahn Bo Hyun for portraying their characters so well as the director also complimented Kim Go Eun for her superb and natural acting abilities.

Song Jae Jung also talked about how Season 2 will showcase the growth of the characters and said the story will be dynamic compared to the lovey-dovey theme of Season 1.

The writer said that the decision to have multiple seasons came early on from the idea that unlike most Korean romance dramas, “Yumi’s Cells” will have the same female character with her boyfriends consistently changing throughout the story. Song Jae Jung also added that the idea is to create something close to a mild version of “Sex and the City.”

Lee Sang Yeop also spoke about the second season saying, “Season 2 will tell the story of Yoo Babi and Yumi, which will be different from the relationship with Goo Woong. I look forward to coming back with Season 2.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1499839wpp/director-and-writers-of-yumis-cells-talk-about-season-2-comparisons-to-sex-and-the-city-and-more

• Blob 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Go Eun Talks About Her “Family” On The “Yumi’s Cells” Set + Missing Her Niece And Nephew

CELEB
Nov 23, 2021
by E. Cha

In a recent interview and pictorial for Dazed Korea magazine, Kim Go Eun expressed her love for her “families”—both on set and at home!

After successfully wrapping up the first season of her latest drama “Yumi’s Cells,” the actress is currently busy filming the second season, which is slated to premiere next year.

When asked if she had any plans for Christmas or the end of the year, Kim Go Eun revealed that depending on how long filming ran, she might still be on the “Yumi’s Cells” set through the end of the holiday season.

“I’m not sure, but I think I may be still be on the filming set as Yumi then,” she replied, before affectionately sharing that she sees her fellow cast and crew members as a family.

Describing how close they’ve gotten, Kim Go Eun remarked, “We’ve been together through thick and thin for nearly a year now, so the members of the ‘Yumi’s Cells’ family often start laughing just from looking into each other’s eyes.”

The actress went on, “I don’t know if I’ll still be Yumi around Christmas time, but if we wrap up [filming] before then, I want to spend time with my family at the end of the year. I also really want to see my niece and nephew. They’re growing up so quickly that they get bigger everyday.

“One was born in 2016 and the other in 2019, and they used to gurgle out, ‘Aunt, Aunt’ [when they saw me]. But before I knew it, they started clearly enunciating, ‘Aunt, I miss you,’ when we met up, and seeing that made my heart clench. I’m endlessly amazed by how quickly they’re growing up, but I’m also saddened by how quickly time is passing by, without our being able to do anything about it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1500112wpp/kim-go-eun-talks-about-her-family-on-the-yumis-cells-set-missing-her-niece-and-nephew

• Blob 2

• partyon changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

Shin Ye Eun Confirmed To Make Special Appearance In 2nd Season Of “Yumi’s Cells”

Actress Shin Ye Eun will be appearing in the second season of “Yumi’s Cells”!

On November 27, Xportsnews reported that Shin Ye Eun had been cast as Yoo Da Eun in the upcoming second season of “Yumi’s Cells.” Her agency, npio Entertainment, confirmed, 

“Shin Ye Eun will be making a special appearance as Da Eun in the second season of ‘Yumi’s Cells.’”

The character Yoo Da Eun is a part-time employee at the tteokbokki (spicy rice cake) restaurant that Yoo Babi (GOT7’s Jinyoung) runs. She is described as a character who easily falls head over heels in love.

In the first season of “Yumi’s Cells,” SHINee’s Minho‘s appearance as Chae Woo Gi was also described as a “special appearance,” though he appeared in several episodes.

The second season of “Yumi’s Cells” is expected to air in the first half of 2022.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/shin-ye-eun-confirmed-to-make-special-appearance-in-2nd-season-of-yumis-cells/#ixzz7DTcdYuTk

• Like 1

jinyoung-shin-ye-eun-28112021-thumbnail-

GOT7’s Jinyoung and Shin Ye-eun to show their couple chemistry as Babi and Da-eun in “Yumi’s Cells 2”

Hachi12074 hours agoLast Updated: November 28, 2021 9,995 1 minute read

Shin Ye-eun will appear as Kim Go-eun’s rival Yoo Da-eun in tvN’s drama “Yumi’s Cells Season 2”, which is scheduled to air next year.

Yoo Da-eun, who has a young and cute appearance, is a part-time staff at a tteokbokki restaurant. She plays an important role in creating conflicts between the couple of Babi (Jinyoung) and Yumi (Kim Go-eun). Meanwhile, viewers are paying keen attention to “Yumi’s Cells Season 2” as Jin Young, who plays Babi, and Shin Ye-eun have already shown their unique chemistry in a previous series.

jinyoung-shin-ye-eun-28112021-7.jpg

In tvN’s “He Is Psychometric”, which aired in 2019, Shin Ye-eun and Jin Young took on the main character roles and performed great romance acting. The two also filmed several sweet scenes, including kissing scenes, in the drama “He Is Psychometric.”

jinyoung-shin-ye-eun-28112021-10.jpg

Shin Ye-eun and Jin Young are seniors and juniors from the same agency JYP Entertainment, and they have proved their sweet friendship several times in the drama making videos, perhaps because they became closer while filming.

Many thought that she would not only have a high synchronization with Yoo Da-eun’s visuals in the webtoon, but also have a good chemistry with Jinyoung, saying, “She fits the character so well,” and “I feel sorry for Kim Go-eun.”

Meanwhile, the “Yumi’s Cells” series, based on a popular webtoon of the same name, is a romance drama about Yumi’s story of eating, loving, and growing with her cells. Season 1 of the drama ended in October with high praise for “realistic empathic romance.”

https://kbizoom.com/got7s-jinyoung-and-shin-ye-eun-to-show-their-couple-chemistry-as-babi-and-da-eun-in-yumis-cells-2/

• Like 1

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/01071012/Yumis-Cells-Nam-Joo-hyuk-Seo-Kang-joon-thumbnail-011221-780x470.jpg

This actor is netizens’ favorite in the list of candidates for the new male lead of “Yumi’s Cells Season 2”

Kien Pham

December 1, 2021

An actor is receiving overwhelming support from netizens in the race to become the male lead of “Yumi’s Cells Season 2.”

Yumis-Cells-011221.webp

On December 1st, a list of actors recommended as the potential male lead in the tvN drama “Yumi’s Cells Season 2” was posted in online communities such as theqoo, drawing attention.

The author of the post shared a list of actors netizens currently picked as the best fit for the role of Soon-rok. In the drama, Shin Soon-rok is as strict as a sword at work, but outside the company, he is a gentle person and eventually becomes Yumi‘s husband.

The OP mentioned Gong Myung, Nam Joo-hyuk, Seo Kang-joon, Lee Do-hyun, Chae Jong-hyeop, Ahn Hyo-seop, and Na In-woo as candidates for the role of Soon-rok.

Spoiler

Nam-Joo-hyuk-011221.webp

Seo-Kang-joon-011221.webp

One of them received overwhelming support from online community users. The actor mentioned the most in the comment section was Gong Myung. Netizens showed reactions such as “Gong Myung is the best choice”, “It should be Gong Myung, but he’ll join the army soon”, “Gong Myung fits perfectly”… However, Gong Myung is about to enlist in December.

Gong-myeong-011221.webp

“Yumi’s Cells” have currently confirmed the production of season 2. The role of Shin Soon-rok, Yumi‘s third dating partner, has yet to be cast.

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name with 3.2 billion views, the drama “Yumi’s Cells” is a cell-based psychological romance that unravels the daily life of an ordinary office workernamed Yumi (Kim Go-eun) through the eyes of the cells in her head.

https://kbizoom.com/this-actor-is-netizens-favorite-in-the-list-of-candidates-for-the-new-male-lead-of-yumis-cells-season-2/

• Like 1

From webtoon to live adaptation. Yumis Cells Season 2.

Ahn Bo Hyun is allegedly filming "Yumi Cages 2" starring Kim Go Eun, a new look makes him melt!

6 DECEMBER 2021

ALPHA SAYIDA

0000082600.jpg

He expressed his sadness at not receiving the script for season 2 of Yumi Cages, but now Ahn Bo Hyun and Kim Go Eun have been caught filming together.

Kanal247.com - The drama "Yumi Cages" has truly earned the love of fans around the world. Kim Go Eun and Ahn Bo Hyun are considered very successful as a couple in a drama.

Yumi's Cages is a blended and animated drama adapted from the popular webtoon of the same name. Yumi's Cages tells the story of Kim Yumi (Kim Go Eun), an ordinary office worker, and her love story. Yumi has a village of cells in her brain that help her live.

[SPOILER] Season 1 is known to end with Kim Yumi breaking up with boyfriend Goo Woon (Ahn Bo Hyun). Both decided to live with each other after the break, or take a break from the relationship and think more clearly.

Shortly after "Yumi's Cages" ended, Ahn Bo Hyun was known to conduct interviews and admitted that he had not received the script for the second season of the drama. He confessed that he was jealous of the other actors who were still appearing in the next season of Yumi's Cells because Goo Woon was very close to him.

In the second season later, "Yumi's Cages" is known to show off the relationship between Kim Yumi and Yoo Ba Bi (GOT7's Jinyoung). The reason is that on webtoon, they will become lovers after getting close together in the office.

Translated from Indonesian google

https://www.kanal247.com/media/konten/0000082600.html

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/06083308/block-b-p-o-yumi-cells-2-06122021-thumbnail-780x470.png

P.O (Block  was spotted filming for “Yumi’s Cells 2”
Hachi120721 hours agoLast Updated: December 6, 2021

The shocking visual of Block B member – actor P.O during the filming of Tving’s drama “Yumi’s Cells 2” has been unveiled.

On December 6th, a netizen posted on Twitter, saying, “P.O is filming something with Ahn Bo-hyun in front of us”, adding, “I thought he was Nucksal, so I zoomed in.” In the photo attached in the post, Ahn Bo-hyun, who plays Goo Woong, had neatly styled hair, unlike his image in Season 1. In front of him, a person with long hair wearing a bucket hat was spotted. He was P.O.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/06083254/block-b-p-o-yumi-cells-2-06122021-1-2-1152x1536.jpeg

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/06083250/block-b-p-o-yumi-cells-2-06122021-1-1.jpeg

P.O will appear as Control Z in this drama. He is Yumi (Kim Go-eun)’s illustrator and has been in a romantic relationship for more than 10 years. In the original webtoon, Control Z appears in a unique style with long hair and a cap. P.O is expected to portray the real-life version of this character perfectly.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/06083241/block-b-p-o-yumi-cells-2-06122021-1-2.png

“Yumi’s Cells” tells the story of Yumi, an ordinary girl, who eats, loves and grows with her cells. This is the first Korean drama to combine live-action and 3d animation. The first season of “Yumi’s Cells” ended on October 30th and Season 2 is scheduled to air in the first half of next year.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/06083237/block-b-p-o-yumi-cells-2-06122021-1-1.jpg

https://kbizoom.com/p-o-block-b-was-spotted-filming-for-yumis-cells-2/

On 11/28/2021 at 3:46 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Shin Ye Eun Confirmed To Make Special Appearance In 2nd Season Of “Yumi’s Cells”

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/shin-ye-eun-confirmed-to-make-special-appearance-in-2nd-season-of-yumis-cells/#ixzz7DTcdYuTk

I hadn't really paid attention to this casting, so bye Babi? So that means that we will soon have the actor who will play Soonrok, maybe he will be in season 2 later, but the producers are not sure to make a season 3, i wanna see yumi happy at the end and see her wedding

• Like 1

Photo of Kim Go Eun, and the luxurious company C in a coffee car ...

lEblN_B1?format=jpg&name=360x360

On the afternoon of the 10th, actress Kim Go Eun posted a photo without comment on her Instagram story.

In the photo posted this time, Kim Go Eun photographed in front of a truckload of coffee that was sent in support on the set of the second season Yumis Cells from the luxury brand Chanel. 

First of all, Kim Go Eun drew a large heart above her head and performed a characteristically beautiful aegye, which delighted the audience.

Meanwhile, Yumis Cells, starring Kim Go Eun, is a cell-stimulating sympathetic romance that follows an ordinary girl Yumi who eats, loves, and grows with her cells.

Translation from korean google
http://mpop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202112101512136069640_1#cb

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

Yang Sejong confirmed cast for tvN drama <Yumi Cells Season2>, he will act as Sunrook Shin.

Broadcast on 2022.

He's gonna play the 3rd bf who turns into her husband?!!

Ahyi no, how they go from casting bf#1 (the one who cheated on her doesn't count) handsome/scruffy to handsome bf#2 to baby face bf/husband #3... 

Let hope his acting is good cause isn't he supposed to be a combination of bf 1 &2...:phew:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

TVING Unveils Kdrama Lineup for 2022 Including the Much-Awaited ‘Yumi’s Cells’ and ‘Work Later Drink Now’ Season 2

sBDZID8u?format=jpg&name=900x900

BY Geca Wills Dec 21, 2021

TVING teases viewers with an exciting Kdrama lineup for 2022, including the highly anticipated sequels of Kim Go Eun's "Yumi's Cells" and "Work Later Drink Now."

The broadcast network released a list of upcoming series set to air in the coming year.

According to a report, TVING will broadcast a slew of original content in hopes of strengthening the network's competitiveness by giving the audience a round of entertaining and captivating series...

'Yumi's Cells 2' and 'Work Later Drink Now 2' to Broadcast in 2022

TVING released a number of blockbuster series this 2021 and because of the viewers' overwhelming response, the broadcast network announced that "Yumi's Cells" and "Work Later Drink Now" will return for season 2.

Kim Go Eun's drama and the comedy series received a lot of attention from the audience due to its interesting plot, and not to mention, the roster of stars.

yumis-cells.jpg?w=600?w=650

(Photo : TVING Official Instagram)

Although "Yumi's Cells 2" has no official release date yet, screenwriter Song Jae Jung shared that the second installment will illustrate the character growth and dynamics as compared to the sentimental and mushy kind of feel in season 1.

Moreover, PD Lee Sang Yeop also hints at the closeness of Yoo Babi and Kim Yumi, played by Kim Go Eun and GOT7's Jinyoung.

"It will be different from the relationship with Goo Woong," he added.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/123213/20211221/tving-kdrama-lineup-2022-yumis-cells-work-later-drink-now-season-2.htm

• Blob 2