[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

Yumi's Cells Season 2 유미의 세포들

vmQvg_4f.jpg

Yumis-Cells.jpg

INFO

Director: Lee Sang Yeob (Familiar Wife, Shopping King Louie)

Writer: Lee Dong Gun (webcomic), Song Jae Jung (Memories of Alhambra, W), Kim Yoon Joo (Find Me In Your Memory, Kim Kyung Ran

Network: tvN
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Life

Seasons: 1 (2021) & 2 (upcoming in 2022)

Episodes: 14 (season 1), TBA (season 2)

Release Date: September 17th, 2021 (season 1), June 10th, 2022 (season 2)

Runtime: 70 min

Production Company: Studio Dragon,Mary Cow, Studio N, TVINGVN

PLOT: SEASON 1 (2021)

The story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action. Yumi is an ordinary office worker. Yumi’s love-cell has fallen into a coma following the shock of a failed relationship, and the drama will depict Yumi’s growth and transformation as her cells work hard to wake up the love cell.
The game developer Goo Woong, who thinks with the simple algorithm of “yes or no.” He’s an engineer to the core, and although he doesn’t speak emotionally, he’ll wake up Yumi’s love-cell with his simple and honest personality.
Ruby is an adorable fool. Although she’s a fox when it comes to love and possesses various relationship skills, she’s an energetic and affectionate young woman who knows how to take care of her people. Sae Yi, who has perfect visuals and skills and is full of ambition.
Sae Yi dreams of becoming the best game art director, and she’s a figure everyone is jealous of. With her ambiguous friendship with Goo Woong, she appears as Yumi’s love rival.
(Source: Soompi)

PLOT: SEASON 2 (2022)

Yumi matured through her relationship and breakup with Goo Woong, and she took on a new challenge after gaining the courage to do so from her co-worker Yoo Babi. The new season will depict the story of Yumi’s love and dreams.

(Source: Mydramalist)

CAST

Kim Go Eun as Yumi

Ahn Bo Hyun as Goo Woong

Lee Yoo Bi as Ruby

Park Ji Hyun as Seo Sae Yi

Park Jin Young as Yoo Babi

Jung Soon Won as Chief Nam

Choi Min Ho as Wook

Mi Ram as Kang Ida

Shin Ye Eun as Yoo Da Eun

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS

Yumi

Tired of her repetitive and boring life, she dreams of finding sweet romance. When she one day finds someone who makes her heart beat, the town of cells in her mind goes into a frenzy. Yumi’s cells, who exist for Yumi and because of Yumi, will hard carry her life.

Goo Woong
Goo Woong, a warm-hearted but straightforwardly honest game developer who takes his work very seriously. The epitome of an engineering student, Goo Woong lives his life according to rational “Yes or No” algorithms—but after he meets Yumi, his inner “circuit board” begins to act up in unexpected ways.

Yoo Babi

Yoo Babi is Yumi's co-worker from the marketing department. Babi is very perceptive and able to figure out what people are thinking or feeling. He is also very kind, and likes to care for people.

TEASERS/TRAILERS

season 1:

season 2:

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Tuning in here because of Kim Go Eun casting new :p 

I peek through the webtoon, hmmm, interesting but gonna be a challenge to translate it to drama. Remind me of inside out movie by Pixar. 

I wonder if Kim Go Eun herself is gonna act our all of her brain cells (emotional, detective, naughty, etc) It won't be an easy feat, but knowing KGE duality, she enjoys these kind of works when she have to portray multiple characters in one series. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, kaqueski said:

I wonder if Kim Go Eun herself is gonna act our all of her brain cells (emotional, detective, naughty, etc) It won't be an easy feat, but knowing KGE duality, she enjoys these kind of works when she have to portray multiple characters in one series. 

I was reading they gonna do live action and animation. So I guess they gonna have animated brain cells. :) 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

@partyonand @Jillia Hoping this time the writer comes through. Hopefully they can adapt the webtoon in to a drama effectively without loosing its essence and considering its so popular I will not want any backlashes from its fans. I don't know how they're going to cram up the whole 500 odd episodes into a 16 ep drama though. I hope and pray it will become a successful one. Anyone here know, on which channel its going to broadcasted? I know its been produced by Studio Dragons, but will it be on Netflix?  

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, Ms.sunshine said:

@partyonand @Jillia Hoping this time the writer comes through. Hopefully they can adapt the webtoon in to a drama effectively without loosing its essence and considering its so popular I will not want any backlashes from its fans. I don't know how they're going to cram up the whole 500 odd episodes into a 16 ep drama though. I hope and pray it will become a successful one. Anyone here know, on which channel its going to broadcasted? I know its been produced by Studio Dragons, but will it be on Netflix?  

I heard it's either tvn or jtbc. If it's on jtbc, there's a chance she'll do promotion in knowing brothers which I would love to happen. I'm okay with either, as long as it's not public broadcasting channel (yes, sbs I'm still glaring at you :angry:). I also read that great chance it will be on netflix since studio dragon has some partnership with netflix involving kdrama productions.

Edit: Found the source for the said partnership between netflix and sd:

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/cj-enm-studio-dragon-netflix-announce-a-long-term-partnership

Edited by gutterland
  • Like 3
  • Blob 3

Can't wait for Yumi's Cells. :fullofhearts:

Its produced by Studio Dragon so hopefully it will be broadcast on Netflix too (and aired in tvn/jtbc not public broadcasting especially the S one<_<)

I'm quite nervous for KGE, its really highly anticipate cause the webtoon its so popular, there's even exhibition for it. I read the early chapters (and still reading it), its really interesting and like you guys, I'm really curious on how they gonna depict all the cells.

Speaking of writer, going to be honest here didn't fully enjoy the writer previous work esp the last one... hmm:huh:. Anyway, really hope the writer will do well this time and give justice to the webtoon. 

More importantly, I hope the drama become massive hit & success esp in SK for Kim Go Eun's sake. 

KIM GO EUN HWAITING!!:heartxoxo:

• Like 4

Hi guyss, dont mind my name first of all..

I am super happy for KGE that she is coming back with new drama.. I thought i have to wait three years for watching her at small screen... I am Currently reading yumis cells, the story is amazing but i am thinking how they will gonna turn the webtoon into a drama because cells are potraying more roles than Yumi

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MineunGoals said:

Hi guyss, dont mind my name first of all..

I am super happy for KGE that she is coming back with new drama.. I thought i have to wait three years for watching her at small screen... I am Currently reading yumis cells, the story is amazing but i am thinking how they will gonna turn the webtoon into a drama because cells are potraying more roles than Yumi

Hi! 

KGE's drama The King: Eternal Monarch screened on SBS in 2020, it's with Lee Min Ho ;) 

To be honest, once I started reading the webtoon, I had the same concerns. There is much more brain activity than to the story. I think the cells shouldn't be too prominent, otherwise it will get boring in a drama format. For webtoon it's very entertaining, but think about all the animations on screen...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, agenth said:

KGE's drama The King: Eternal Monarch screened on SBS in 2020, it's with Lee Min Ho ;) 

Yeah, i have seen it more than 6/7 times:relieved: but it was her comeback drama right after goblin that is why i thought i have to wait another three years to see her in small screen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MineunGoals said:

Yeah, i have seen it more than 6/7 times:relieved: but it was her comeback drama right after goblin that is why i thought i have to wait another three years to see her in small screen 

Spoiler

Judging by your username I bet you did :D:D:D. I guess we'll be camping here too while waiting for news. 

My concern is also the execution. I'm still at chapter 112 and from what I see, most scenes involve the cells so I'm not sure how they'll divide the screen time and show the transition. I heard there's also an animated feature film to be released on 2022 so I guess the drama will have more yumi and the animated film will be more on the cells? I know the writers got mixed reactions but how about the director? I think the director will play larger part here since the story is pretty set already they just have to nail the execution and maintain the entertainment value of webtoon. I know there are 4 love interests but will there be some love triangle ala CITT or start up in later chapters? I hope not and if there's none I hope they don't add. I don't want the focus to shift to the love triangle instead of yumi. 

• Like 3

@gutterlandoh I will be very happy if that is true. I read the same in some tweets, but couldn't find the info about netflix and tvn in any of the official articles.

@Miss PizzaYes I want it to be huge success in SK and internationally. 

@agenth @gutterlandI also hope they pay more attention to Yumi's life than the animation part, but they can't vary much from the original story, right?  Will all those cells be shown as mini 'ggone'?Curious to see how they will execute it without looking so much cartoonish.

@MineunGoalsMe too waiting for the leads to be announced. Considering it to be centered around her, I guess there's high chances that it won't be any popular MLs. I am fine with anyone who can act and compatible to KGE, popular or not.

The thought that I will get to see her normal clothes itself is making me happy, no more 2size large outfits plz. I hope she get a good hairstylist and they style her similar to Yumi in the webtoon with long bangs and straight hair. 

Will there be a separate stylist for the drama or will she use her own?

• Like 3
  • Off-Topic 1

@Ms.sunshine

You have read my mind

I am also thinking any populer celebrity will not do a role centered around a female protagonist

Iam dying to see her in normal clothes..

She wore cute dresses in CITT after that all movies/dramas she acted wearing oversized baggy clothes

I am currently reading 250+ number episodes of Yumi's cells and yumi's outfit is getting better day by day

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gutterland said:

I heard there's also an animated feature film to be released on 2022 so I guess the drama will have more yumi and the animated film will be more on the cells?

News about the animated feature film:

Sidus Animation Studio and Studio N - Animated Feature Film
Sidus Animation Studio is collaborating with Studio N, a subsidiary of Naver Webtoon to produce an animated feature film “Yumi's Cells” slated to release on 2022.

Films

Title Webtoon author Premiere Format Distribution Notes  
Yumi's Cells Lee Dong-gun 2022 Animation TBA Co-produced with Sidus Pictures  
  • Like 4