[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

Gosh Woong's a total ocd freakkkk eheh. And oy Bobby just what the heck are ya doin'!? 

I was anxious that Yumi might have  dropped the cake & set her apartment on fire. Btw Woong's fried eggs look so good. It was too perfect like they were prepared by a food stylist or something LoL.

Spoiler

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Go Eun Prepares To Surprise Ahn Bo Hyun On His Birthday In “Yumi’s Cells”

Oct 22, 2021

by E. Cha

tvN’s “Yumi’s Cells” has shared a heartwarming sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” tells the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action. Kim Go Eun plays the titular role of Yumi, an ordinary woman who struggles with expressing her feelings, while Ahn Bo Hyun stars as the straightforwardly honest game developer Goo Woong.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Yumi’s Cells,” Yumi realized that Goo Woong had moved out of his apartment a long time ago when she attempted to pay him a surprise visit. The episode ended on a slight cliffhanger, with Goo Woong panicking when Yumi called him and revealed that she was outside his door.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Yumi attempts to prepare yet another surprise for Goo Woong. As she gets ready to celebrate his birthday, Yumi goes shopping for his gift and lovingly decorates his birthday cake by hand.

A final photo captures Yumi in the dark, looking adorably nervous as she waits to surprise Goo Woong with all the candles lit on his cake.

Yumis-Cells2.jpeg

Kim-Go-Eun3.jpeg

Kim-Go-Eun-22.jpeg

To find out whether Yumi’s special surprise for Goo Woong will go off without a hitch, tune in to the next episode of “Yumi’s Cells” on October 22 at 10:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1494780wpp/kim-go-eun-prepares-to-surprise-ahn-bo-hyun-on-his-birthday-in-yumis-cells

• Like 2

I loved today's episode. 

Its very true that you never really know someone until you live with them.  In Yumi & Woong's case it made their relationship stronger.  I would love a boyfriend like Woong.  Where can you find a guy who doesn't leave their clothes on the floor, who likes to mop the floor and who organizes the cupboards?  He is a true gem.

I almost cried when Woong remembered Yumi was going to have her first day and bought her that keyboard.  He even forgot his #1 priority, himself, when he forgot his own birthday.  You could tell he was so touched by the surprise dinner and cake Yumi prepared for him.  It was interesting to watch Woong's cells which shows the writers want us to understand how he thinks.  They had a great conversation about her new job, with Woong supporting her all the way. 

Writers....I don't know if I love you or curse you!   This episode was so endearing and ABH & KGE were perfect in their roles.  Their Yumi & Woong characters have insane chemistry and I find it hard to imagine anything breaking them up for good.  I know that every couple in Kdrama land breakup at least once but usually if they are not destined to be the endgame they are never shown to be this perfect.  You don't want your viewers to get so disappointed that they reject the storyline.  That's what may happen here since many viewers have not read the webtoon.

Babi may be this extraordinarily handsome character who may sweep Yumi off her feet with his charm, but the connection Yumi has with Woong will be impossible to ignore.  I'm resigned to a Season 2 without Woong and in fact would prefer it that way.  If he is only around as a fill in before Yumi finds her prince charming I would hate that.  

Its Woong or no one for me.  I may be too heartbroken to watch Season 2.  I love Yumi but maybe I've come to love Woong more.....just look at those abs and that Body...LOL.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just watched ep 11.

The cells

Some people don't like the animation part because it seems so childish. Contrary, the cells are the one that hooked me in the first place. In this episode, i keep grinning and laughing seeing all the cells. Tradition cell being whiny and wiggling like a caterpillar is so cute! And i laugh at rational's visit to woong's village. When he expects to see highly developed world but encounter wild life instead.

Woomi

Prepare for the heartbreak people. Once again what i love about Yumi's Cells is how relatable it is. Woomi's story is a representation of many love stories out there. Including the one that inspires Katy Perry's The One That Got Away. Meeting the right person is not enough, you need the right place, and the right time. Woong and Yumi found the right person in each other, but they are not in the right place and time.

I currently follow variety show Transit Love. Woomi reminds me of Bo Hyun and Ho Min. They love each other, they don't want to part, but circumstances push them to choose the parting. It's hard for sure. Including those around who witness the beautiful love story (in YC's case, us as the viewers). Feeling what a shame that two beautiful souls who love each other need to part that way. It's even harder for the one involved. But time will tell that in the end the parting is for the better.

Yumi needs to explore about what she really wants to do in life. She has that dream to be a writer. But she never really puts her mind and heart to it. One hurdle and she backed away. Through Woong's experience, she will learn the challenges that may come once you choose your big dream and through Bobby she'll gain encouragement and confidence in her writing. Again this is about Yumi. Though i love Woong so much for Yumi, i'll gladly follow her story even when woong is no longer there.

• Like 6

• partyon changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Yumi's Cells 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young - tvN Fri&Sat

I have decided that Go Woong is truly Seonrook and I’m not changing my mind :lol:. He has amnesia and just doesn’t remember he’s truly Seonrook. Better yet, they’re twins or two ppl who look really really really alike so ABH can still play him :tounge_xd:

For real though, not my Woong pulling the noble idiocy. He doesn’t want to put Yumi through hardships so he’s effectively pushing her away with his actions. No! She wants to go through these things with you. You never imagined breaking up with her and she just wants to live with you. Put your stupid pride and socially taught sense of always having to be the provider and strong one aside and lean on her. Share your hard times just as you share the good. Share the burden/load. You don’t always have to be the strong, everything together one. Let her carry you like you once carried her. You’ll come through out the tunnel to better days stronger and better for it. 

Show, you can not give me the sweetest, cutest, make me curl in happiness scene of Woong pulling a sleeping Yumi into his arms  for a kiss on the cheek while letting us know “I never imagined breaking up with Yumi” just for that to happen some episodes later :crybaby::crybaby:

ETA: I adore the cells. Their distinct personalities and behaviors crack me up. It’s nice to get inside each character’s cell village. It gives great insight into how each character ticks and how/why they do the things they do. 

I adore Woong and he’s IT for me but this is Yumi’s story. I’m ridding through with her until the last episode of the last season. With that said, Woong and her relationship is etched in my heart. I’m going to give whatever new man/relationship that comes a chance, but I know in the back of my mind and shipping heart I’ll be thinking “It should be Woong”. Which is fitting for their story being right person, wrong time/the one that got away. Im going to enjoy whatever comes, but will always feel that after taste of bitterness and regret and what could have been/if only. Ugh, why so good drama lol. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I was afraid Woong was goin' to crush Bobby. I mean his height, his build. Bobby look tiny next to him LoL. And it look like Bobby does have feelings for Yumi aish. 

As much as I hate to see Yumi/Woong break up again, it's better they quit now while they are ahead. It's just tiring at this point. He keeps stuff to himself and has a lot of pride which is a typical male thing.

Then again I felt the marriage thing was too sudden. How long have they been together anyways LoL?! And oy why is Ruby butting in again LoL? What's with the Ruby likes this... and Ruby likes that ew. Is she a child? 

I feel bad for Woo Gi LoL. What a car pool ha. SHINee and GOT7 together! I miss Yumi's Lust cell ahahah. Oh why is everyone SO NOSY on this drama?? 

• Like 2

Episode 12 really broke my heart. 

You know the inevitable will happen but hope still lingers on.  This episode totally crashed any chance for Yumi & Woong to make it.   Woong deciding to leave because he doesn't want to burden Yumi and feels less of a man with his money problems.  Yumi misunderstanding that his choice is because he feels too much pressure and probably has no intention of getting married.   I wish Yumi could understand how degarading it is for Woong to depend on living with her because he has no where else to stay and also see that Woong loves her so much and wants her to be proud of him.  The situation with Babi at the bus stop wounded Woong's pride and so there was no turning back.

We are privy to their thoughts through the cells and it makes me totally frustrated.  Their problem is so simple and yet they make it so complicated.  Why do they never say what they think when they think it?  Honesty between lovers is essential for a healthy relationship and right now Woong & Yumi definitely are lacking....but that we can blame on the webtoon storyline.

No amount of love can withstand so much miscommunication and therein lies the end of my beautiful couple.  Its heartbreaking to watch them destroying the very relationship that was so endearing just a few episodes ago.  I'm assuming the writers will follow the webtoon since the breakup is happening and Babi is obviously eager to get closer to Yumi.  I'm not sure if I can watch Yumi turn to Babi when Woong is out of her life.....sigh....

I'll watch to the end with a heavy heart but my loyalty to Woong will remain steadfast.  Just knowing Babi is also not the endgame is something of a consolation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, SHINee’s Minho, And GOT7’s Jinyoung Are Impressed By Lee Yoo Bi’s Aegyo Skills In “Yumi’s Cells”

Oct 24, 2021
by C. Hong

TVING has released a behind-the-scenes look at episodes 11 and 12 of “Yumi’s Cells.”

The behind-the-scenes clip starts off with Kim Go Eun pointing out the camera to Ahn Bo Hyun, who has his back to the camera. The two of them playfully act affectionate for the cameras. Later, when Kim Go Eun is eating toast for a different scene, Ahn Bo Hyun is first to notice the camera and acts cute toward her, but she quickly cottons on and doubles down on the cuteness.

While filming a tricky scene between their characters Yumi and Go Woong, Kim Go Eun jokes, “What if we ended the conversation right here?” Ahn Bo Hyun replies wittily, “Then we wouldn’t have to film tomorrow.” Kim Go Eun laughs and says something that the production staff cut out due to spoilers.

Kim Go Eun and Ahn Bo Hyun continue to joke around while filming a scene where they sleep in one bed before Goo Woong gets up. Kim Go Eun latches on to Ahn Bo Hyun and he jokes, “This is how the scene ends,” and the production staff comment in subtitles, “The drama would end then too.” Ahn Bo Hyun asks if he should stretch and does so in the most obvious way possible, prompting Kim Go Eun to get up and fire quips like, “Let’s wake up take on the world today! I’m energized! Let’s go!” A few minutes later, she is worried that her eyes might drift open, and the production staff encourages her, “You can do it! You’re Kim Go Eun!”

In another scene, Goo Woong and Yumi are wrapped in sleeping bags. Kim Go Eun perfectly pulls off Yumi getting a cold but as soon as the camera stops rolling, she sits up and exclaims, “It’s so hot!” She then acts out falling over in the sleeping bag and Ahn Bo Hyun hilariously overreacts, with the director observing, “This is why she’s good at action.”

GOT7’s Jinyoung arrives as Yoo Babi, talking to Yumi during her work on the marketing team at their company. After rehearsing their lines, he pulls off a spontaneous “what’s in my bag” segment, showing that his briefcase is actually stuffed to make it look full and doesn’t have anything “real” in it. “It’s all fake,” he tells the camera.

One of the final scenes in the clip is the wine party scene with Ahn Bo Hyun, Kim Go Eun, Jinyoung, SHINee’s Minho, and Lee Yoo Bi. The actors joke around and stimulate each other to upgrade their acting in hilarious ways, such as acting more excited when the director tells them to. Lee Yoo Bi runs through her lines off-camera and Kim Go Eun asks her, “Are you monologuing?”

Kim Go Eun keeps urging Lee Yoo Bi to act even cuter, such as playfully slapping Minho on the arm, but Lee Yoo Bi says, “He says he got the vaccine yesterday so it hurts!” After their scene, however, Minho says, impressed, “Noona, you’re amazing.” Watching Lee Yoo Bi fluster Ahn Bo Hyun with her aegyo acting, Kim Go Eun eventually bursts out laughing during filming. After Lee Yoo Bi does the same thing to Jinyoung, Kim Go Eun can hardly speak for laughing and says, “What am I supposed to do? Why did you put me in the middle?”

Check out the video below!

[유미의 세포들] 김고은X안보현 현실 의리(?)와 케미가 폭발 하는 혜자 분량 비하인드! | 11-12화 메이킹

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495084wpp/watch-kim-go-eun-ahn-bo-hyun-shinees-minho-and-got7s-jinyoung-are-impressed-by-lee-yoo-bis-aegyo-skills-in-yumis-cells

• Love 1

ahhhhh Wung frustates me to the core!!!!! Like he is a Good Guy but HE NEEDS TO TALK. I mean Yumi will end up thinking its her fault! Babi is an Ok guy , I mean I am team Yumi I will still comment on him later. WOoong Woong I am so so disappointed.I do get why he is feeling insecure around Babi but he made Babi the inevitable 3rd wheel in their relationship. Yumi does not Look at him like that. Knowing that Yumi was upfront about SaeYi , he could have been too but yeah....His cells are dumbwit!!! The relationship cannot Progress like that. They are so good together ,but again TALK!!!

I might be the only person who got angry that Woong did not talk to her about his almost bankruptcy issue but chose to buy an expensive Keyboard for her, down the line that will end up hurting , its arghhhhhhh I am mad!!! Why Writers why,...

:sad1:

On a side note, Yumi's cutest cell is the Housekeeping Cell despite being the laziest of them all hahaha.

• Like 6

While I think Woong/Yumi are cute, but I do not want her to end up with him. I kind of like that this is Yumi's story first and foremost and that the guys are just part of her growth. I know people like the couple but I hope the producers don't cave to public opinion/pressure and continue the plan of multiple love interests. 

Woong should have explained his thoughts. This has been a recurring issue in their relationship. I get that he missed his moment but he could have brought up the marriage issue to Yumi at a later date to explain himself.

I don't think they ever resolved Woong not talking to Yumi about getting rid of the apartment. I think she just vented her anger, but then they never talked about why he didn't say anything to her. 

The coworkers are really annoying. 

I think Babi saying "breaking up for my sake" about his own relationship is foreshadowing to Yumi's situation. I hate when characters try to be noble idiots. It is not up to Woong to decide what Yumi can or cannot handle.

• Like 2

I'm one of those viewers who know nothing about the webtoon and going by what I see with the drama. I think what I like about this story is that both characters Yumi and Woong have major weaknesses and strengths, but they always managed to get through each problems and crisis in their relationship together. They focused on how they communicated and compromised, showing what might make sense in one's mind make not make sense to another. And I love how this drama personifies this process via the cells.

While I'm also frustrated with Woong, I recognize there are times when your mind might freeze up and can't communicate. Or you didn't think of the perfect thing to say until a day later. A relationship shouldn't hinge on saying the perfect words at one precise moment in time. If they truly love each other, they can come to an understanding and forgive the person when they're not at their best. I don't know if marriage is their end-game, but I hope that they end up making a choice that's right for themselves. If it means staying together because they're better together, I'll be more than happy to finish the drama on that note, but I'll also appreciate an ending where they end up apart because they need to grow on their own. Love and personal success can sometimes get in the way of each other, and I like how it's realistically portrayed here.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

woong lack of communication,self pride.  he didnt want to talk about his problem with yumi,seems kinda nice he got all like groceries and present for yumi but he suffering too. although they loved each other they cant go on as a couple. while bobby is nice guy,talk a lot (since he is marketing team) and they look good together (well all webtoon fans seems like he is end game for yumi).

next week maybe they broke up .

yumi cells already start shoot season 2.

Spoiler

Babi and his girlfriend, Jayoung, break up, and Yumi notices his couple's ring is missing. Yumi and Babi realize they have feelings for each other and start dating. Bobby resigned and move to jeju while yumi also follow and start working as part timer in sundol bookstore.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

yumi cells already start shoot season 2.

Reveal hidden contents

Babi and his girlfriend, Jayoung, break up, and Yumi notices his couple's ring is missing. Yumi and Babi realize they have feelings for each other and start dating. Bobby resigned and move to jeju while yumi also follow and start working as part timer in sundol bookstore.

Spoiler

this is not necessarily good news this spoiler, I would have liked that Yumi with Babi at the ending of this drama, but they seem to follow the trajectory of the webtoon despite a few small changes, too bad, Soonrok the last boyfriend will probably arrive in the middle of season 2 or towards the end, I don't think there will be a season 3

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Now that we're nearing the end of season 1 of Yumi Cells I've been trying to convince myself that the Yumi Woong breakup is the best choice for them.

Clearly his inability to be open & honest is Woong's downfall.  When he intentionally kept the news of Sae Yi's move into his apartment building and brushed off his knowledge of her trying to sabotage his relationship with Yumi, I was ready to drop him.  But...he settled his grievance with Sae Yi and Yumi's romance with him continued.  I have to admit that when Woong kept telling Yumi to stop during their encounter at the elevator with Sae Yi I was outraged.  Finding out later that he chose to hug Yumi later was good but I wished there was more.  It seems now in retrospect that their relationship is always one step behind.  Not facing a problem, but rather just not discussing it, hoping it resolves by itself.

I believe Woong is basically a loner, therefore he tackles his problems alone.  It isn't that he loves Yumi less...remember his priority list shows himself as #1, its just that he values his privacy.  I don't think he will change and because Yumi is basically an insecure person and wants to share the good times & bad they are just not compatible.   The writers created two people who love each other but who do not full fill their own core values.

I wish I could like Babi as Yumi's next relationship.  He's just ok in my book, in fact a little boring.  I realize they haven't started their relationship yet but they don't excite me at all, just don't see any physical attraction.  Comparing Yumi with Woong will be difficult to top so to be fair Babi already is at a disadvantage.

So glad i have a place to vent about this Kdrama.  Just voicing my frustrations is liberating.  Thank you to everyone on this site for sharing their views.  Its great to read and agree with those who love and value such an innovative show like Yumi Cells!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

The breakup is inevitable.. Woong just has communication issues LoL. He's just a typical guy with a lot of pride. I get he wants to give Yumi security and all that but she's already made it clear she's fine with sharing. She didn't want any compensation for the damaged table either.

She also constantly need reassurance which I admit I find quite tiring tbh LoL. Then again she's had failed relationships before she met Woong so I guess she expects too much.. too soon Idk? 

And Woong still keeps in touch with Sae Yi LoL but at least he's clear with his boundaries. Sae Yi is also aware of how Yumi feels. I just don't like how Yumi get swayed whenever she hears something 'bout Woong's past aish. 

These 2 kind of remind me of that 1 couple from that reality show "Heart Signal" eehehh. 

Maybe time apart will do them good. Let's hope Bobby doesn't make his move either LoL.

Eta:- Woong's #6 on his priority list was "Bow WoW Time" what the--?! And nice to know Yumi's moved up to #1.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1