[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

Key Points To Anticipate In Final Episode Of “Mine”

Key Points To Anticipate In Final Episode Of “Mine”

Jun 27, 2021
by S. P

There’s only one nail-biting episode left in tvN’s “Mine”!

“Mine” is a drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what is truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family behind Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the wife of the first son of Hyowon Group.

With the mystery yet to be solved, viewers are looking forward to how the story will end.

Spoilers

The most notable point of the final episode will be the true story behind the murder of Seo Hee Soo’s husband Han Ji Yong (Lee Hyun Wook).

After realizing her husband’s despicable true colors, Seo Hee Soo announced that she would divorce him in order to protect her son. Meanwhile, Jung Seo Hyun blocked Han Ji Yong’s ambition in a move to protect Hyowon Group. The list of suspects in Han Ji Yong’s murder continued to grow as other people were also revealed to have harbored anger toward him.

Seo Hee Soo was then revealed to have been faking her amnesia that supposedly occurred after she fell to the floor together with Han Ji Yong. The case grew even more confusing after the weapon used was found hidden under Jung Seo Hyun’s desk. With additional evidence of one of the butlers concocting a poisonous gas and another attempting to flee, the suspicious activity has continued to increase.

Lee-Bo-Young4.jpg

Another key point to look out for is the theme of finding what truly belongs to oneself, just as the drama’s title implies.

Seo Hee Soo received a huge shock after finding out that her happy marriage of six years turned out to be nothing but a lie, and she also suffered a miscarriage soon after becoming pregnant. Despite losing everything that she thought belonged to her, Seo Hee Soo stripped away her pain in order to reveal her strong, true self.

Likewise, Jung Seo Hyun also went through a transformation after working through her feelings for her first love Suzy Choi (Kim Jung Hwa), which were emotions that she had buried deep in her heart for a long time. Now ready to face the world’s prejudice, Jung Seo Hyun is also proving her abilities as Hyowon Group’s CEO. Viewers are curious to see her personal growth and how she will step proudly out into the world after opening the door that she once thought she had been trapped behind.

Kim-Seo-Hyung3.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “Today, the entire picture of the Cadenza murder case will be revealed. Many people are making guesses about the culprit, but they could be someone unexpected, so please keep watching until the end. Also, while watching each character find what is theirs, we hope that the viewers will spend meaningful time thinking about what belongs to them as well. We ask for your continued anticipation and support up until the last episode.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1476704wpp/key-points-to-anticipate-in-final-episode-of-mine

Edited by 4evrkdrama
Same pic twice.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

the Final episode did not disappoint me. This drama is one off the best dramas of this year. :dontwanna:

Glad that they showed how JY died.   the final episode had still some humour elements. 

and the woodpecker. :loolz:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

I like the answer. So true. 

I dont understand why that young couple didnt have more scenes together. 

Seo Hyun looked so gorgeous in that green dress.

Chairman gave that blue necklace to his wife after all.  :D

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, joccu said:

the Final episode did not disappoint me. This drama is one off the best dramas of this year. 

Glad that they showed how JY died.    in the final episode had still some humour elements. 

and the woodpecker. 

I so agree, the final episode did not disappoint me as well.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

So I guess in the end, it was a group murder project after all. A lot of push-and-pulls and mixture of *happy* accidents with majority of the staff doing the work for the rich. Surprised it wasn't Seohyun and instead it was the head maid who acted in defense.

Lol, I didn't even know 16 was the last as my attention span has already passed. But I'm content with everyone's conclusion story. Jiyong's gone and not bothering anyone. Hajoon happily being co-parented by Hisoo and Hyejin. Seohyun's slipping out. Though I'm like um what was the time frame Soohyuk/Yooyeon's marriage/engagement 'cause like... when and how long did they even date...and now they're engaged? Also not sure where the detective sir went after hunting people like crazy and then case file closes abruptly 2 mins in. Jiyong's a sucky guy so I'll let that pass - no more curiosity into getting his justice served. 

happy scooby doo GIF by Boomerang Official 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@tofumochu The detective went to Hospital Playlist 2!!! Hahaha. And his past life was in Vincenzo. I give props to the actor Choi Young Joon who is able to play different characters. 

I think if they really had a season 2 it would be the power struggle between the maid-turned-into-granddaughter-in-law and the maid who keeps on getting fired. I had a deja vu moment because that's how the dynamic was set up between Hyejin and Hi Soo. And it's ironic that both Hyejin and Hi Soo weren't on good terms because of Ji Yong. And now both mothers are doing well; they're raising the kid well!

The blue diamond has so much significance! It could mean many things. The uncertainty of the receiver of the blue diamond reflects upon the uncertainty of who killed Ji Yong. And in the earlier episodes, there was an uncertainty of who fell down the floor. Who died? Who got pushed? Was it one or two people? Now, the grandma wears the blue diamond. If only grandpa had given love properly to the people around him, there wouldn't be that much misery. Ji yong won't have died. If they loved each properly, Ji yong could have nurtured properly like his son, Ha Joon.  

Honestly, I didn't want to tune into this drama because the story revolved around a chaebol family. But with Lee Bo Young and Kim Seo Hyung headlining the drama, I needed to tune in. Their performances were stunning. 

Like some have said, the flaw in this drama was the plot between the maid-turned-into-granddaughter-in-law with the grandson.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

A great ending to a great drama. Just few weeks ago we all discussed that the reason they are showing and talking about the oxygen system so much that it would be used for poisoning, and it actually was the case. I loved each and every episode of this drama, except for the 2-3 where it seemed like the drama had lost its track. But they were also good, just that the ones aired before them and also after them were much better in Quality and story telling. 

So, interesting thing is that Emma's statements were not really wrong. There were no false scenes involved, the first time she came she saw Seo Hyun and the next time she returned, she saw Hi Soo in the same position. But I loved how the writer played with us and for me, all the revelations happened at the right time. At the same time, I don't really think the writer left any question unanswered. 

The best thing about this drama was how Hi Soo and Seo Hyun supported each other. For a change, we saw a drama where the FLs were not after each other, but for each other. I have this multiple times, but that was one of the reasons why I started this drama since I felt like this could be the case, and was never disappointed. 

The only thing I found kinda rushed, but wouldn't really mind was the sudden engagement of Young Master with the maid. Like Seo Hyun acknowledged their relationship, and next we see is them in their engagement party. Still, I didn't really mind it since I wasn't really interested in their plot there. But well, they got a happy ending, so that's also a good thing. 

Also Ji Yong got what he wished for, Ha Joon being raised by both of his moms, so I guess he must he happy in the afterlife too, or maybe not :loolz:

One of the best dramas of this year, quite well written, well paced with great story-telling. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

7 hours ago, itsmeash said:

Those who deserved a happy ending got happy endings. Love to see it.

Same. For that alone, I'm willing to forgive the subplots that were underdeveloped... the most baffling of all being Soo Hyuk and Yu Yeon's sudden engagement.:joy: I only wish they got a better ending though other than having YY be jealous at the maid. Having them take over as patrons for Dawom Kindergarten (remember, she used to be a teacher there?) would've been a nice bookend to their story. But oh well.

To say I'm underwhelmed with Mother Emma's character though is an understatement. So all this time her attachment to Ji Yong was all because she felt he was a lost soul because of how Kim Mi Ja treated him? Nah, still not buying it.

I also found it weird how Hyowon never went after her when it was her statement that basically made the death into a murder investigation days after it happened.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

I'm enjoying the soundtrack for the ending credits. It was a good ride for this drama. It didn't have major disappointments, just some weird moments and plot holes, but overall it was a drama with good pace, interesting characters and great development. 

In the end, I should have known nobody would outright murder Jiyong, nobody would stoop to his level. It was still a group effort, each had their own reason, but each reason was to protect someone. 

So from my favourite to least favourite character: 

Seohyun: My queen. I'm happy that she got her happy ending, it may not be conventional but it fits, and I love that she got support from Hisoo and Emma, both in their own way. She's in a good place. South Korea still doesn't accept LGTBQ rights in a legal way that she could marry what is hers, her love. So it doesn'T surprise me that she is still married to Jinho, but I think they reached a better understanding now anyway, judging from the smiles on their faces. 

Hisoo:  It makes great sense she lied to protect Hajoon - he was always her focus, no matter what she did. Perhaps in a few years he should be told the truth, or just simply lay matters to rest - all the people who know about the truth would never say anything, or they are far gone. It's fitting that her first drama is "Mine" - reclaiming what is hers: her passion for her work, which she was "forced" to lay back as that was what Jiyong wanted. 

Headmaid: They showed how she was affected, which is realistic, even if she saved Hisoo, she did take a life. It's fitting that she leaves, since she would be reminded and she did serve for this house a long time. She wasn't always loyal, but she did take care of matters, so I wish her best. 

Jinho: Actually love the smiles he wore 6 months after - he was so carefree, but in a content manner, and not in a reckless haze of alcohol and gambling. This might be how he'd have turned out, without Jiyong by his side. Being constantly compared to someone "better / smarter" did him no favours, of course he was miserable. He's not lonely, he found his friendships, from supporting his ex-brother in law, to the new butler bath-time hahaha.

Jinhee: Haha the way all the ladies wanted to keep going to bible study with hot priest :D 'Hey, there's nothing wrong with learning while you look at something beautiful :approves: I like the way she turned out, she had appropriate amount of screen time, and it was never really wasted. 

Butler: It's funny to see him waffling about the murder. Always a comic relief. He tried to murder Jiyong and not even in a stupid way, except for the fact he leaves evidence in his room. He could have trashed the bottles on his way to the airport, after all, lol. Hope he finds some love in Monaco, but at least the country is beautiful! 

Jiyong: When he appeared at his desk and looked so lovingly at Hisoo... I almost was like, WHAT ANOTHER GHOST? HAhah no. That's just how Jiyong looks like in Hisoo's memories. I still maintain that he never loved her, or anybody. He was just a psychopath good at acting and driven by ambition/obsession rather than love. 

Mother Emma: well, her character was least "developed", but I'm not that disappointed as many other aspects shine over this lack of story here. 

Soohyuk: Well I like that he gifted his "mother" a necklace - it was the first acknowledgement we see that they can actually be close, and we never got much screen time of anyone really acknowledging and thanking Seohyun (even Hisoo only did it rarely). At least he knows who is responsible for him being able to marry his maid. That engagement is weird, because it seems just yesterday the two of them slept in each other's bed. It probably was yesterday ;). 

Young Maid/New Mistress: So I don't understand why she fired that maid, it was perhaps to show she has control over the house and working together she knew that maid had loose lips and would be trouble for them. The scene hints that she'll become like Seohyun (but with her husband by her side). Hmmm methinks she doesn't have the skills to match the one and only Seohyun ;) 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Why is Soo Hyuk & Cinderella still in the drama LoL? Was moved by his warmth toward Ms. Jung. That was lovely. 

Ji Young's death was conveniently swept under the rug. I do love all Hee Soo's outfits LoL. Her style is always.. on point. Thumbs up. 

I also can't help but wonder wouldn't it be better if Hee Soo & Ms. Jung became an actual couple and conquered Hyowon together LoL? That'd definitely make for good TV. 

I'm glad that Hee Soo, Ms. Jung found their happiness. The drama is on the strength of these 2 ladies after all. Well for me Ms. Jung is 1 bad@$$ female & a memorable one out of this year of dramas. 

Bye for now. See y'all in the next drama thread. Take care XoX~

P/s:-  Er--Mother Emma put up her Hermes for FREE??!! WTH. Oh the blasphemy she could've gotten a good $um for it. Can she wire the amount to me LoL? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Seo-hyun is awesome, and I'm glad that she got as happy of an ending as she could as chairwoman and with Suzy is in her life. 

I do find it funny that Ha-joon ended up being raised by his two moms like Ji-yong wanted, just not in his dishonest, demented way. It's a good arrangement. Hi-soo can return to acting, knowing that Ha-joon is in good hands.

I liked Soo Hyuk's scene with Seo Hyun but don't understand his character or relationship with the maid. Maybe the writer didn't either, which is why they mostly disappeared the second half. I thought he hated Hyowon and wanted a different life, but I guess he didn't want to forge his own path, he just wanted to be filthy rich but not the chairman. Whatever. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Jin-Ho : With his new found job as head of household, he is so carefree and happy.

Hi-Soo : makes sense that she fake amnesia to protect Ha-Joon , which she claims is MINE,

and goes back to her passion - acting.

Seo-Hyun finally got what she desire, happiness with Suzy and Chairwoman for Hyowon

Soo-Hyuk : happy that he finally acknowledge and calls Seo-Hyun Mum !

Ji-Yong : wish for both mom to raise Ha-Joon, finally materialize. Hope he is happy in his afterlife.

All in all, a great drama with happy ending.

• Like 3

This is definitely the best drama of the year so far! I love how it started out like a typical women-fighting-over-man scenario but ended with women bonding together for the greater good. It was so well done.

Yes the maid and young master storyline was super weak but I think it was just there to give Seo Hyun something to reflect on - happiness and how to get it, when to go for it, allow things to happen instead of just judging it on the face of knee-jerk reactions - in her own life and past. She sees how unhappy the rest of the family are and wonder if Soo Hyuk can actually be happy if he's allowed to pursue what he wants.

I love the fact that it ended up not actually being a murder (though the attempt and intent was there almost directly before) but ended up being Ji Yong dying while trying to kill Hi Soo. 

I believe Nun Emma was used as a plot point to have a distorted vision of what actually happened at the beginning to drive the mystery part of the drama for the first half.

It was also good use of the bunker/oxygen supply because it seems weird to me that on a giant plot of land that encompasses two huge homes, the chairman was keeping his woman and memories of her under the house. I feel like there could have been a cottage just off the main house where she might have been kept or an apartment near the company HQ. But it served its purpose for the Ji Yong attempted murder plot.

The only thing I'm kind of unhappy about in the end is that the Chairman didn't really get his comeuppance: this whole messed up family is due to his bizarro illegitimate child situation that seemed to have reverberated down through his entire clan and yet he seems to get to ride out a peaceful retirement with everything cool? Good luck Soo Hyuk and Former Maid! You're still gonna need it!

• Like 4

On 6/28/2021 at 3:48 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

Why is Soo Hyuk & Cinderella still in the drama LoL? Was moved by his warmth toward Ms. Jung. That was lovely. 

Ji Young's death was conveniently swept under the rug. I do love all Hee Soo's outfits LoL. Her style is always.. on point. Thumbs up. 

I also can't help but wonder wouldn't it be better if Hee Soo & Ms. Jung became an actual couple and conquered Hyowon together LoL? That'd definitely make for good TV. 

I'm glad that Hee Soo, Ms. Jung found their happiness. The drama is on the strength of these 2 ladies after all. Well for me Ms. Jung is 1 bad@$$ female & a memorable one out of this year of dramas. 

Bye for now. See y'all in the next drama thread. Take care XoX~

P/s:-  Er--Mother Emma put up her Hermes for FREE??!! WTH. Oh the blasphemy she could've gotten a good $um for it. Can she wire the amount to me LoL? 

there is def chemistry between these two .. they talk with their eyes full of tenderness for each other...

however..we always say there isn't enough female friendships in shows

the scene they had in the episode before the final was the one I was waiting for  ..

when HS talked about the tea.. it was not just notalgia moment.. but the way their relationship and contrasting personalities  is made of the flavors and herbs of their tea ..the strength and the brightness and depth of lemongrass ..

this kind of relationships you don't actually see in shows...I would have rather much more scenes of the tea with insightfulness than the clickbait bits 

its the most genuine part 

and I didnt expect that MIL would eventually make me tear up ..her talk with sen dok was always interestingly sincere>>>and then the funny twist of the woodpecker( he was actually destroying the mansion for real ) as the bird version of JY .. we might see a bird spin off  

>>>

I didn't see that twist coming ( except how did HS receiving two major traumas recall the actual murderer ?)..it made everything make sense eventually

I wonder if i prefered a sort of (  diabolique ) treatment but that would make the characters problematic

its hard to come to a verdict concerning JY .. clearly he was made to be a sympathetic villain who never managed to let go ...but it seems that he wanted to quit if not the brother started the chain of events  towards his death.. and still his feelings or not for HS stayed without a closure ..even the ghost didnt say anything .

the show doesn't make you dislike anyone.. victim or murderer .. and they all eventually had some blood on their hands 

thats just some thoughts for now...ill come back for what i will miss from the show

• Like 3