[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

This drama episode 1 showcases the rich characters in their opulence, but deeply flawed and unhappy, with the poor characters, who rely on their job, and yet are pretty shameless, the camera shows the "poor" people smirking a lot about rich people's quirks. Interesting and going to escalate, probably into a mess. 

The rich houses look sort of like mausoleum to me, especially the long high-walled hallways.

How did the tutor get recommendations, when already on day 3 / night 2 she is caught disrespecting her employer? And before that, also one can see she covets the things on display as she simply eats the display done for the dinner party. 

The young maid laughing her RickRoll'D off, when being told she must call the young master that. LOl. I thought she was some timid girl who joined the household due to debt, but apparently she has a lot of fire. 

It seems mother emma is probably from one of those chaebol houses, or having been employed there a long time ago. 

Can already see that the tutor is going after the second son, and the maid after the young master. Poor first son, he is being ignored by all lol, and called "the idiot/alcoholic". It's already apparent nobody likes him, even his own son, the most ridiculous: "hopefully you won't sit in front of your father, otherwise he'll get high blood pressure". lol

I'd have fired that tutor on the spot seeing her dance around in the clothes - but Hee Soo's good nature is shown from minute 1 on, so the tutor will have to seduce her husband to get Hee Soo to act.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

first of all

how gorgeous is the house ...def the most beautiful location in any kdrama and its interesting that the house looks designed to be a character ...dark and sinister and like a beehive cell ..I bet all of the cost went on the luxurious feel of the drama.. possible the first time i see real money and luxury done to feel real in a kdrama

now for the PD...

lol that intro was a lil  crazy starting with the church and ending with the peacock ..and the storms and the rain made me smile .. it seemed like the writer brought it with her from her other drama

other that that.. the cinematography is rich and the colors are everywhere .. great sense of detail ...

I am surprised that they decided to show that the victim of the murder would be a woman  

initially I thought the drama would be a face off between HS and SH .. it doesnt seem that way till now.. which would a real waste of the two facing off...

the thing here is how will pull off the sinister stranger staying on ..

@ponderings

this got me wondering too .. like if you these two together.. shouldnt it be about them  together or apart  ? it depends on whether they still shooting and only shot the early episodes ?

@tofumochu

we dont know the dynamics in the house.. SH seems to run it behind the scenes so she might have known about the recording thing ...I didnt understand the house thing ..its early anyway

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

Some of my thoughts:

• Young master and maid sleeping in each other's room like it's NOT WEIRD AT ALL. As the maid I wouldnt ever have done that, how could she sleep there peacefully, like I'd not sleep there being afraid to be caught? LMao. And this house is full of maids and nobody saw the two doing that? Hmmmm, doubtful
  • Heesoo commenting on the tutor's beautiful legs as a way of smalltalk lol. Girl you got moves.
  • The headmaid recording things, but being left alone, only her phone taken away and the blame put on another person. The headmaid didn't blackmail the wife, even though she recorded her - plot hole? She forgot she had that video? They only talked about screaming grandma... 
  • The tutor being assured of her place, her power, that she disregards all other maids, especially headmaid. This is quite strange, but it seems she has history with the Second Husband and Grandma recognises her too. 
  • Hisoo saying she doesn't want to create more attention, though her choice of clothes for the dinner was exactly that, gaining more attention, which is a paradox. The relationship between the two sisters-in-law is very interesting. I'm used to see Kim Seo Hyung as crazy and forceful, here she is rational, calm and elegant. Let's see how long that holds.
  • It's funny the entire family has gambling problem. seeing them use those coin rub tickets with 500 won coin, when they are rich. that's quite funny. 
  • Did Heesoo really put the whole tutor-in-her-dress incident out of her thoughts? 
  • The fact the news reporters didn't know about the identity of the mother of the son - how have they managed to cover it up until now, considering the media is apparently obsessed with them? 
  • The story of heeso and her husband, pretty much Notting Hill in a nutshell, except he is rich haha
  • What happened during that riding outing? I wanna KNooooooooow. Also, what happened in that study between granma and tutor? Seems to be a history there, and granma usually isn't one to be quiet. She looked SCARED like she saw a ghost, when she looked at tutor.
  • The poor tea service and porcelain of that household. Seems like they're going to have to replace it every episode lol. 
  • Oh my I feel the pain of the first wife... damn I want her to be happy. She's trying her best and nobody respects her or acknowledges her efforts.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

again another cheater, so tutor may be the birth mother, she must be crazy, i feel like the tutor is going to steal Hi-soo's life, that's why the title of the drama is Mine, is it really to me what I have, must I fight to keep what's mine? I am very intrigued to see how Hi-soo will fight, will she keep what she thinks is hers, or divorce and be free

I think the woman who died in the first episode is one of the two lead females, i hope i'm wrong. I also hope that the next episodes will focus more on our two leads and not on the so-called romance between the heir and the maid, I have the impression that since they are two both young and sexy, the writers want to devote a lot of screen time to them

• Like 2
  • Blob 5

Just now, marrez1 said:

again another cheater, so tutor may be the birth mother, she must be crazy, i feel like the tutor is going to steal Hi-soo's life, that's why the title of the drama is Mine, is it really to me what I have, must I fight to keep what's mine? I am very intrigued to see how Hi-soo will fight, will she keep what she thinks is hers, or divorce and be free

I think the woman who died in the first episode is one of the two lead females, i hope i'm wrong. I also hope that the next episodes will focus more on our two leads and not on the so-called romance between the heir and the maid, I have the impression that since they are two both young and sexy, the writers want to devote a lot of screen time to them

MMMh

The tutor already touched Heesoo's dress, that is one of the first signs, and acting like she is the lady of the house, the way she simply ate that ham. Yeah sure, nobody at the dinner noticed that, but all the things she does, she looks like she is living there as mistress already. The camera shots show her enjoying the luxurious life, whereas you never see the other maids enjoying the perks of living there. Only their work, and then they vanish. 

And while I was watching the scene between Tutor and the son, my mum was like: is that his mom? lol

I hate that romance between the youngmaster/maid already. It's so creepy and unrealistic lol. What kind of person, as employee, would be like: YES I totally will sleep in your room, when being asked by employer " you wanna switch rooms?" in such a suggestive way lol. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

I think that the tutor is related to the boy’s birth mother. I sensed the second husband recognized her as familiar. And for some reason, he wasn’t saying anything. Maybe she had a school girl crush on him before, and now she has come back and wants to take over? Plus, perhaps, she looks like her sister?

or perhaps she is the first wife and something is both different and similar and second husband recognized her but chose not to say anything because they were divorced?  I actually think it’s this one because Heesoo says to the Tutor that the mom should kiss the child goodnight, and that’s quite heavy between them towards the end of episode 2. 

Feeling very bad for first wife and her situation. Not saying because a spoiler.

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

16 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

or perhaps she is the first wife and something is both different and similar and second husband recognized her but chose not to say anything because they were divorced?  I actually think it’s this one because Heesoo says to the Tutor that the mom should kiss the child goodnight, and that’s quite heavy between them towards the end of episode 2. 

Feeling very bad for first wife and her situation. Not saying because a spoiler.

In this mess of a story I only care about her. I want first wife to be happy. It seems like all her life she had no happiness, especially married to that drunkard/gambler/womanizer. 

The second wife until now had a happy life, her carefree smile suggested that, and the lovey-dovey scenes, even if the husband seems to become a cheater. The actor who plays him again plays a guy who is a RickRoll'D LOL. Is he being typecast now? I abandoned She Would Never Know before finding out if he gets redeemed later... 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

51 minutes ago, agenth said:

In this mess of a story I only care about her. I want first wife to be happy. It seems like all her life she had no happiness, especially married to that drunkard/gambler/womanizer. 

The second wife until now had a happy life, her carefree smile suggested that, and the lovey-dovey scenes, even if the husband seems to become a cheater. The actor who plays him again plays a guy who is a RickRoll'D LOL. Is he being typecast now? I abandoned She Would Never Know before finding out if he gets redeemed later... 

I meant, perhaps, creepy tutor is the first wife of the second husband.

I think I’m going to say Big Madam, Little Madam (sis in law), First Madam, Second Madam, First Master, Second Master, First Little Master, Little Boy Master. I don’t do names easily.

But I get you, I also care most for First Madam.  However, as a fan of the actress, and as one who hate women who interject themselves into others’ marriages and cheating husbands, I hope Second Madam gives what for.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

I actually love the secret romance. I'd rather a good balance between everything. The mains and the secret romance getting a good amount of screen time, obviously the mains more so, but I still like the supporting characters getting good screen time, too.

2 hours ago, agenth said:

I hate that romance between the youngmaster/maid already. It's so creepy and unrealistic lol. What kind of person, as employee, would be like: YES I totally will sleep in your room, when being asked by employer " you wanna switch rooms?" in such a suggestive way lol. 

As someone who had dealt with insomnia myself, this actually does make sense. When you can barely sleep and finally find that one place you can sleep, what makes sense doesn't matter. What helps you sleep does.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

31 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I meant, perhaps, creepy tutor is the first wife of the second husband.

I think I’m going to say Big Madam, Little Madam (sis in law), First Madam, Second Madam, First Master, Second Master, First Little Master, Little Boy Master. I don’t do names easily.

But I get you, I also care most for First Madam.  However, as a fan of the actress, and as one who hate women who interject themselves into others’ marriages and cheating husbands, I hope Second Madam gives what for.

img.gif

I knew you meant these two and the tutor ;). I was just referring to the second part of your statement, not wanting to spoiler others and I agree. 

I do hope that Second Madam won't be completely destroyed and fight back. Right now she handles people easily with her happy attitude, charm and elegance, it's why the relationship between her and first madam isn't toxic, I think. Even though First Madam (and rest of household) clearly have insecure issues as chairman favors second madam! 

14 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

I actually love the secret romance. I'd rather a good balance between everything. The mains and the secret romance getting a good amount of screen time, obviously the mains more so, but I still like the supporting characters getting good screen time, too.

As someone who had dealt with insomnia myself, this actually does make sense. When you can barely sleep and finally find that one place you can sleep, what makes sense doesn't matter. What helps you sleep does.

It just doesn't make sense that his insomnia would be cured ONLY in such inappropriate quarters. If it's bec of his mother's remembrance, he could have gone to any of the 50 guestrooms this McMansion surely has. 

I don't mind secret romance, but the way this one started off just leaves foul taste in my mouth. It's not romantic, it's just weird to me. I wouldn't sleep in my employer's bed, because it is more trouble than it is worth, and she doesn't have insomnia. She's just tired and slept basically anywhere. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Now I understand why the First Madam had that shocking reaction when she saw that video of herself in that phone of the Head Maid. Guess she is keeping the Head Maid closer to her. Make your enemies your friends strategy I guess.

I was wondering why that hand that touched her face was feminine and beautiful. I thought her secret lover was a very beautiful male ballet dancer. What with her reminiscing of ballet and all that. But its  a deep elegant and intricate closest she is in and which she is not willing to open to the world!

But this nun is also a weird character! I can't figure her out but she is weird!

Also this household needs to fire the two latest addition to the house help! The tutor and the maid.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

24 minutes ago, agenth said:

It just doesn't make sense that his insomnia would be cured ONLY in such inappropriate quarters. If it's bec of his mother's remembrance, he could have gone to any of the 50 guestrooms this McMansion surely has. 

I don't mind secret romance, but the way this one started off just leaves foul taste in my mouth. It's not romantic, it's just weird to me. I wouldn't sleep in my employer's bed, because it is more trouble than it is worth, and she doesn't have insomnia. She's just tired and slept basically anywhere. 

I think right now, it's not in the romance stage. This is just how their interactions start. Maybe that'll change later on, but for now it's not really weird imo. The mind and the world work in weird/unexplainable ways sometimes. There's gotta be a deeper meaning to why this works for both of them. Maybe it's not just his mother situation, but maybe it's also got more to do with him not really wanting to keep living the life that isn't one of his choosing and that's why the maid quarters work better for him. And maybe it's the same for YY, but in reverse. I feel like it could be the meaning behind the situation at this point more so than anything romantic at this point. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

1 minute ago, itsmeash said:

^^ I think right now, it's not in the romance stage. This is just how their interactions start. Maybe that'll change later on, but for now it's not really weird imo. The mind and the world work in weird/unexplainable ways sometimes. There's gotta be a deeper meaning to why this works for both of them. Maybe it's not just his mother situation, but maybe it's also got more to do with him not really wanting to keep living the life that isn't one of his choosing and that's why the maid quarters work better for him. And maybe it's the same for YY, but in reverse. I feel like it could be the meaning behind the situation at this point more so than anything romantic at this point. 

For me it reads "romantic", because of the way they look at each other and have long glances, even in the presence of other people. And the way the camera captures them. 

Sorry that I keep commenting, but for me it makes absolutely no sense, which is why, if they wanted to start that master/maid trope, they could have gone this way without the whole "sleeping in each other's bed" when they haven't even exchanged names, or spent 5 minutes in each other's presence. I just can't over the fact someone who depends on this job would endanger it by choosing to sleep somewhere, that will be frowned upon and likely to get her fired. 

Yeah I get that this is secret/forbidden romance, but at this point of their acquaintance, this shouldnt yet be happening, unless she is a rich girl suddenly and can afford to be fired. It seems that with her change of circumstances, she just forgot all about her family. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

27 minutes ago, agenth said:

Yeah I get that this is secret/forbidden romance, but at this point of their acquaintance, this shouldnt yet be happening, unless she is a rich girl suddenly and can afford to be fired. It seems that with her change of circumstances, she just forgot all about her family.

No worries. Comment all you want. :)

I think it's one of those things where everyone will see it in their own way. I don't see it as weird, but it's perfectly okay for others to think it's weird or that it makes no sense. That's the beauty of everyone seeing things differently. No harm in that.

In one of the articles about the show, it said they both do have insomnia. And that's where they start getting to know each other and a relationship develops. 

I do agree though that this is happening quick. I thought there'd be at least a few more episodes of them getting closer before they started room swapping. lol.

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

That ahjumma has consistently played evil matriarchs ever since "Hundred Year Inheritance". Her voice alone just irks me. Love the actress from "Sky Castle"; very charismatic. 

The maid had her hair in a ponytail when she dozed off on the young master's bed, and it somehow got loose when she woke up ha-ha! Them swapping beds - oh boy. 

The moment Hi Soo pricked her finger I knew that tutor is bad news. She should've fired her but I guess there won't be a drama left. 

See a lot of familiar faces including the cheater from "She Would Never Know". Their home looked like an art gallery to me though. I do however liked the lush green surroundings. 

With quite a few dramas on the elite/wealthy make me think South Koreans hate them or something LoL. Was surprised to see Kopiko as one of the products in end credits, it's a candy quite popular where I live. Shocking to see that Hi Soo serve egg waffles it just seem bourgeois eheh. Shouldn't they be serving French toast LoL? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

11 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

That ahjumma has consistently played evil matriarchs ever since "Hundred Year Inheritance". Her voice alone just irks me. Love the actress from "Sky Castle"; very charismatic. 

The maid had her hair in a ponytail when she dozed off on the young master's bed, and it somehow got loose when she woke up ha-ha! Them swapping beds - oh boy. 

The moment Hi Soo pricked her finger I knew that tutor is bad news. She should've fired her but I guess there won't be a drama left. 

See a lot of familiar faces including the cheater from "She Would Never Know". Their home looked like an art gallery to me though. I do however liked the lush green surroundings. 

With quite a few dramas on the elite/wealthy make me think South Koreans hate them or something LoL. Was surprised to see Kopiko as one of the products in end credits, it's a candy quite popular where I live. Shocking to see that Hi Soo serve egg waffles it just seem bourgeois eheh. Shouldn't they be serving French toast LoL

Hahjahah about the waffles comment. Well, they showcast Hisoo as going against the upper-class grain. She is, as far as we know, not from an affluent/chaebol background, just an actress who met the second son on her trip abroad. 

And she has been shown to be less uppity than the rest of her family, not caring about adhering to their "clothes tradition" to the way that her son should be schooled, and otherwise submitting to First Madam as her senior. 

The cheater actor seems to be typecast now as cheater lol. 

17 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

In one of the articles about the show, it said they both do have insomnia. And that's where they start getting to know each other and a relationship develops. 

I do agree though that this is happening quick. I thought there'd be at least a few more episodes of them getting closer before they started room swapping. lol.

Ok I just thought she is just a lazy girl tbh haha. 

Just imagine the youngmaster telling the world: "Let me marry this woman. I can finally sleep, with her!"

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

Ep. 02

So is the tutor the birth mom of Hi Soo's stepson? Is that why she acted so defensive when Jin Hee said the child was "half of us"? 

Ew like mother, like daughter. Both are loud & uncouth. Jin Hee acts like an overgrown toddler! In Seo Hyun's flashback, the hand that stroke her face seemed..feminine? Wonder who is it..? 

Mother Emma owns a Birkin LoL? The way she shoves pastries into it though~ Poor Hi Soo her situation's like Meghan Markle. Hopefully she doesn't take the same route. Am not a fan of Meghan btw. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

RANDOM: Is it just me, or is anyone else picking up a Mary Poppins vibe from this drama?

spacer.png

Even Ha Joon looks like a spittin' image of Michael Banks:

spacer.png

Next thing you know Di ck Van Dyke will "pop in" to mangle the Seoul dialect something fierce!

(Photo attributions: Disney, TVN)

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Chingus, I put up a poll! :glasses: Hope to see you vote!

re: @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Mother Emma owns a Birkin LoL? The way she shoves pastries into it though

Yeah, I noticed the bag too. :D Clearly Mother Emma is from a chaebol family herself. She probably got bored of it and decided to become a nun. Who knows :w00t:

In any case, this drama is quite intriguing. I think that:

• the mysterious tutor is the youngest grandson's birth mom. And she's back to claim what she feels is hers. Child, dresses, prosciutto, husband - the works. Judging from her crazy antics, I am wondering if she was locked up in a mental asylum all these years....?
  • Chaebol gallery wife (are you calling her First Madam?) is in an arranged marriage. Her true love is a woman - maybe a ballet dancer?
  • Young master and maid? Really? I mean, how likely is it that the maid will get accepted by his family in the end....? No, I just don't see it happening.
  • How much china and glasses can they destroy....? :crazy: I wonder what the budget for these particular items are?
  • Actress wife Hi Soo saying that "I trust everyone because I have never been betrayed" is such a telling sign that.... Wait for it...... dun dun dun.... She will be betrayed!
  • What's with the impractical front door? It bothers me. Can they not get an automatic door or a smaller door....?
  • Who liked the girl the family had picked out for Young Master? She was bubbly and she brought gifts. I like her more than the maid. 
  • The sister of the family (I call her cream bun lady) cracks me up. She and her mom have no self-control what so ever. I was giggling when she was throwing the cream buns all over the place. And her English is good too :D

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2