[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

Of course, I am already loving the secret romance couple before the show even starts. And it's so gonna come back and bite me in the butt when they don't get that much screen time at all. Sigh.

• Like 2

3 Different Types Of Couples Entangled In The Same Chaebol Family In Upcoming Drama “Mine”

bb20babf51e24785b3fc4cfddd905ff8.jpeg?s=

May 6, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN has shared a glimpse of the three very different couples that will be leading its upcoming drama “Mine”!

“Mine” is a new drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what’s truly theirs. Lee Bo Young will star as Seo Hee Soo, a former A-list actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family behind Hyowon Group, while Kim Seo Hyung will star as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant, blue-blooded wife of the Hyowon Group family’s eldest son.

Ahead of the drama’s premiere on May 8, “Mine” has teased three intriguing keywords that describe each of its core couples:

1. An unexpected crack

Lee-Bo-Young-Lee-Hyun-Wook.jpeg

Seo Hee Soo and her husband Han Ji Yong (played by Lee Hyun Wook), who seems likely to inherit Hyowon Group despite being the family’s second son, are a happily married couple that fell in love with each other at first sight. After giving up her career as a famous actress and becoming part of Han Ji Yong’s family, Seo Hee Soo even embraced his son Han Ha Joon as if he were her own child.

However, when Han Ha Joon’s new private tutor Kang Ja Kyung (played by Ok Ja Yeon) enters the picture, cracks begin to form in Seo Hee Soo’s seemingly perfect life. As the happiness that she believed was entirely hers threatens to fall apart, Seo Hee Soo winds up coming face-to-face with an unexpected truth.

2. Discordance

Park-Hyuk-Kwon-Kim-Seo-Hyung.jpeg

On the outside, Jung Seo Hyun and her husband Han Jin Ho (played by Park Hyuk Kwon) seem to have it all. A highly intelligent woman who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, Jung Seo Hyun does everything she can to support her privileged husband, who boasts the coveted position of being the eldest son of a chaebol family.

On the inside, however, Han Jin Ho actually suffers from a severe inferiority complex when it comes to his younger brother, and Jung Seo Hyun has struggled to handle his insecurities and to ameliorate his seemingly irreparable image.

Additionally, while it appears as though Jung Seo Hyun has done a perfect job raising her son Han Soo Hyuk (played by VIXX’s N), there is no true love between the mother-son duo. Everything about the couple’s seemingly flawless life is a disguise built on the lies of high society, and the drama raises the suspenseful question of how much longer Jung Seo Hyun will be able to keep the charade going—and whether she and her husband are even on the same page.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1467616wpp/3-different-types-of-couples-entangled-in-the-same-chaebol-family-in-upcoming-drama-mine

• Like 5

New stills from drama Mine were released.

image_readtop_2021_438191_16202855064636

Hyowon's family on the eve of the storm was captured in'Mine'.

In the photo released on the 6th, all the Hyowon family members gathered in a luxurious dining room at a glance. As if it was a law that everyone should obey, some weirdness is buried in the way they pray together with a meal ahead.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/05/438191/

• Like 5

Lee Bo Young And Kim Seo Hyung Talk About Playing Strong Female Characters In “Mine”

3a96b8d4eafc4c76aa2302e89833d998.jpeg?s=

May 7, 2021
by C. Hong

On May 7, tvN’s new drama “Mine” held an online press conference with producing director (PD) Lee Na Jung and lead actors Lee Bo Young and Kim Seo Hyung.

“Mine” is a drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what is truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant and well-born wife of Hyowon Group’s eldest son.

mine-lee-bo-young-kim-seo-hyung-1.jpeg

PD Lee Na Jung said, “Our drama’s main characters come off more strong than characters in previous projects. They have a strong sense of ambition, they speak what’s on their mind, and their personalities are very different. While reading Baek Mi Kyung’s script, I worried about whether I could properly bring this story to life. We tried to make a full, diverse drama that can satisfy both the eyes and the ears. From the music to other elements, the staff tried a lot of creative approaches, while the actors took a new approach to acting.”

Lee Bo Young said, “Seo Hee Soo at the start of the drama is someone who acts exactly how she is on the inside. No matter which way you look at her, she’s always the same true self. She’s always confident in her dealings with others. Baek Mi Kyung wrote her at the start as a very lovable character, and that ended up being an obstacle for me. How could I act cute? But then someone who is always very honest comes across a secret that changes her. I was able to shift focus and think about how she would be shaken by this, so I was able to put more of my true self in the first half to show how transparent she used to be.”

kim-seo-hyung-mine.jpeg

Kim Seo Hyung said, “Rather than focusing on a single character, there are a lot of different stories in the drama.” Asked about comparisons to her past drama “SKY Castle,” she said, “It felt awkward playing a character who gets such fancy treatment like having doors opened for her and walking around houses that I’d normally never enter.”

About their characters’ relationship, Lee Bo Young said, “Like I said, Hee Soo is such a transparent person that she has a lot of trust and respect for Jung Seo Hyun. In real life, I also followed Kim Seo Hyung around on set a lot, and I think that relationship will come out in the drama. I’m always really happy to see her on set. There aren’t that many scenes we’ve filmed together, but we always share what’s going on in our lives whenever we meet.”

Spoiler

lee-bo-young-mine.jpeg

Lee Na Jung said, “I didn’t purposefully set out to make a story specifically about women, but I wanted people to look at these two actors and redefine what it means to be ‘feminine.’ I think that the word ‘feminine’ also encompasses meanings like, ‘strong, honest, and cool.’ I said these words often while watching the actors on set.”

Lee Bo Young said, “The characters in the drama are kind but not particularly kind, mean but not particularly mean. I don’t think that a ‘villain’ is necessarily evil until the end, nor are kind people always kind. I hope that people will watch the drama while keeping in mind that there are diverse sides to humans and that today’s enemies could be tomorrow’s friends.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467954wpp/lee-bo-young-and-kim-seo-hyung-talk-about-playing-strong-female-characters-in-mine

• Like 5

Lee Bo Young And Kim Seo Hyung Show Their Unique Charms With Contrasting Dresses In New Drama “Mine”

151aeffaa8cd4153b1e5cf3f67905b15.jpeg?s=

May 8, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s new drama “Mine” has shared another glimpse of the drama ahead of its premiere!

“Mine” is a drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what is truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant and well-born wife of Hyowon Group’s eldest son.

The newly released stills depict the family members of the elite Hyowon Group coming together for a glamorous party. They sit under a dazzling chandelier as their maids and butlers rush to serve them. The party is led by none other than Mr. Han (played by Jung Dong Hwan), the chairman of Hyowon Group and the head of the family.

mine-3.jpg

While Jung Seo Hyun and most of the family members are dressed in black, Seo Hee Soo shines in a bold orange dress. This hints that she is someone who doesn’t follow formalities or norms and lives according to her convictions. Despite the fact that Jung Seo Hyun has conformed to the dress code, she showcases her distinct charms with her classy appearance and lovely smile.

mine-2.jpg

Spoiler

mine-1.jpg

Another thing that attracts attention at the party is the blue diamond in Mr. Han’s hand. The jewel will instantly catch everyone’s eye with its brilliant glow, and it raises questions about why he is showing it in the first place.

One point that hints tension in the drama is the appearance of private tutor Kang Ja Kyung (played by Ok Ja Yeon). She is watching the family from afar, and it’s almost as if she is spying on them.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1468008wpp/lee-bo-young-and-kim-seo-hyung-show-their-unique-charms-with-contrasting-dresses-in-new-drama-mine

• Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon -Sat. & Sun. 21:00 KST

Do we think that creepy tutor is going to die? I think she should have been fired as soon as she dropped the dress on the floor in front of second madam in that cheap way. Utterly inappropriate and sexual harassment of her own employer.

• Like 6

As I grow older, I usually avoid these types of drama because it makes my blood boil. I'll rather watch something slow paced and a little bit calmer. BUT Lee Bo Young and Kim Seo Hyung headlining a drama together :scream:

@larus Thanks for sharing the article about the press conference. I'll quote parts that caught my attention. 

On 5/7/2021 at 2:27 PM, larus said:

In real life, I also followed Kim Seo Hyung around on set a lot, and I think that relationship will come out in the drama. I’m always really happy to see her on set. There aren’t that many scenes we’ve filmed together, but we always share what’s going on in our lives whenever we meet.”

I am shocked that Lee Bo Young said that she doesn't have that many scenes with Kim Seo Hyung. I need BTS to see Kim Seo Hyung and Lee Bo Young together. 

On 5/7/2021 at 2:27 PM, larus said:

Lee Bo Young said, “The characters in the drama are kind but not particularly kind, mean but not particularly mean. I don’t think that a ‘villain’ is necessarily evil until the end, nor are kind people always kind. I hope that people will watch the drama while keeping in mind that there are diverse sides to humans and that today’s enemies could be tomorrow’s friends.”

And also this! I am glad this drama wouldn't separate the characters between a fine line of black and white. I am looking forward to seeing each character unfold with dimension.

----

So far the first episode is great. I am forever enamored by Lee Bo Young's acting. Her minute facial expressions are so rich that it transcends through the flat screen. It's as if I know what her character is thinking. So far her family turmoil might unfold like the drama VIP without the mystery of who the mistress is. The tutor is mysterious and seems to calculative. The foreshadow in Lee Bo Young's character Hee Soo's pricking her finger (red blood) before meeting the tutor who was holding a red umbrella was telling!

Speaking of color, the outfits of Hee Soo and Seo hyun's echo the color of the paintings in the background. It's such a feast for the eyes. I am also loving how the characters move within the space. 

The space between Seo hyun and her son (the master) was wide. And then we see Seo hyun's restrained look for her son. Props to Seo Hyun's acting. 

Clearly I am swooning over these two female leads, but I love it whenever there are female led cast dramas. 

• Like 6

“Bossam: Steal The Fate” And “Undercover” Hit New All-Time Highs + “Mine” Achieves 6th Highest Premiere Of Any Weekend Drama In tvN History

May 9, 2021
by E. Cha
29f0673b5620474098c9e079bb0f3557.jpeg?s=
MBN’s “Bossam: Steal the Fate” and JTBC’s “Undercover” soared to new heights last night!

Meanwhile, tvN’s new drama “Mine” made a strong start with an average nationwide rating of 6.6 percent for its first episode. The drama, which stars Lee Bo Young and Kim Seo Hyung, performed even better in the Seoul metropolitan area, where it earned an average of 7.9 percent and achieved the sixth-highest premiere ratings of any weekend drama in tvN history.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jongski said:

@tulip06 @backstreetboysfan @Tango27 Oh.. you chingus watch it already? I haven't seen the raws. I'll wait for sub. So based from Ep1  like Sky Castle/World of Married/ Penthouse?

Hoping nothing like Penthouse though. It's a tad too much for me if it were to be.

Yeah hun It’s subbed on Netflix. 

• Like 2

I think the drama's confused what it wants to do as it wants to do many things, and that in return makes me confused on how I should feel about this. I have mixed feelings rn after watching ep 1 but I guess I'll see how it plays out. This one hits the spot on what Penthouse aspired to be - that 'classiness' elusion but kinda excessive in some way + contradictory? Minor things had me questioning their bougie culture; whether they're living in a hotel or a home and if that much staff is necessary for a family dinner party. Lol, and why would someone design their house difficult in distance with long RickRoll'D hallways.

There's also a lot of things going on: The main murder mystery with the nun, the two FL themselves and their husbands' obtuse families, the mysterious creepy delusional tutor, the cinderella-esque new maid x young master, the head maid Joo's spying, the father's in a comatose state, etc. I'm sure they'll tie-in everything eventually but rn it's a mumbo jumbo.

And at times they've got serious and comical tones that don't really mesh well - like the scene where the wine incident maid was wailing about not seeing the young master/losing her job benefits before her firing made me go: :wacko: Why're we seeing this? And the hoppy tunes when the MIL is abusing the maid only to discover they're being recorded. (How does Seo Hyun even know they're being recorded + why would the head maid do that when she's compensated so generously? Like 600m for a ring and a property?)

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN 

This was not what I was expecting when I watched the teasers.

• Like 5

Heesoo needs to fire that private teacher on the spot. That was totally uncomfortable on so many levels!

If it was my mum dealing with this kind of stuff she would be fired with a bad review on the spot!

EDIT: But then again the drama will be over in one minute I guess! Heheheh.

But also why do I find Heesoo being so naive and thinks the world is all love and good people in it!

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Lee Bo Young Faces Off With Ok Ja Yeon As Kim Seo Hyung Grows Pensive In “Mine”

9183d08971b24c098cd3e0e6e8c2d21f.jpeg?s=

May 9, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “Mine” has revealed new stills ahead of its second episode!

“Mine” is a drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what is truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant and well-born wife of Hyowon Group’s eldest son.

Spoilers

The first episode saw the first meeting between Seo Hee Soo and Kang Ja Kyung (Ok Ja Yeon), a private tutor who was recently recruited into Hyowon Group. In the new stills, the pair enjoy a glass of wine together. Although Seo Hee Soo appears amicable, she also seems to be scanning Kang Ja Kyung with an inquisitive gaze. Refusing to step back, Kang Ja Kyung stares unblinkingly back at her, creating a layer of tension between them.

ok-ja-yeon-lee-bo-young.jpg

Previously, Seo Hee Soo was left with a sour taste in her mouth when she saw Kang Ja Kyung wearing and dancing in her own dress. Considering the private tutor had already crossed the line from the very beginning, viewers are on the edge of their seats waiting to find out what will happen next between the two women.

An additional still shows Jung Seo Hyun with her arms crossed, deep in thought. Having previously obtained her mother-in-law’s cell phone, which contained recordings proving her wicked deeds, Jung Seo Hyun couldn’t suppress her shock at what she had discovered. It remains to be seen what has her so lost in her own thoughts.

Spoiler

kim-seo-hyung.jpg

Seo Hee Soo’s and Jung Seo Hyun’s worlds will become fractured as new and strange characters invade their once private spheres. Viewers can look forward to the next episode to find out how their secret league, which has begun to crack, will be affected.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1468157wpp/lee-bo-young-faces-off-with-ok-ja-yeon-as-kim-seo-hyung-grows-pensive-in-mine

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1