[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

There is no chemistry between Soohyuk and Yuyeon. "I Love you" confession feels empty & the back hug is awkward. I am a fan of N but he is a miscast; he doesn't match this rich kid character and his acting is meh. The master/maid relationship would be more heart fluttering if a better actor were cast imo.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Well, this isn't a romantic drama so I wouldn't expect it to be either heart-fluttering or to make sense. I'm just wondering if either of their characters will be revealed to have some hidden connection to the main drama happening between the "adults". Right now, they are both in the "neutral" category if we have to put characters on different sides of the corporate struggle going on. His blood ties are either useful or dangerous to either side and he personally wants none of it. We don't know much about her background yet, do we?

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

# did No deok come back to raise baby in a rich home, oh no did his lover laid egg and goes :w00t:

hey you two stop isn’t enough I raise someone else child , now bird bring their babies too :D

BE3E0D53-8BC6-4773-82F2-6728CEAAF75E.gif

dTQ0o8f.gif

uEh5kqs.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

“Mine” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet Amidst Fierce Weekend Drama Battle

7be14dc0bbbe4b5f9eb0463323827639.jpeg?s=

Jun 14, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Mine” has soared to a new all-time high!

On June 13, Lee Bo Young‘s drama “Mine” climbed to its highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the series scored an average nationwide rating of 9.5 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels and setting a new personal record for the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474503wpp/mine-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-amidst-fierce-weekend-drama-battle

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

SLAPPED   by his wife 

CHOCKED by his mistress 

THREATEN  by his sister in law 

HATED by his fake siblings 

LOCKED DOWN in  bunker by maid 

DzumcjF.gif

all he can say rather than reflecting on himself :mrgreen:

KjyUxeE.gif

# my daddy love me why I will change 

• LOL 7

Mother Emma during her prayer,she whisper... ji-yong ah !!!....How close is ME to Ji-Yong ?
Is she protecting Ji-Yong  and for what reason  ? 

HS brought up a point to SH that only JY has not being counseled by ME, why is it so ?

For once, Jin-Ho feels a little happy after being acknowlege by SH for doing a great job,ie digging

into JH double identity.

I love how the writer makes our suspicion grow on every angle. Who killed  JY ! 

HS, having amnesia ?... is it an act to escape being jailed for JY dead. I am confused here. :confused:

Oh !  even the peacock seems to follow those male genes from Hyowon family, having outside affair

and came back home with an egg for MIL to raise.:D

• LOL 3
  • Blob 4

13 hours ago, partyon said:

EDIT:

I can't shake off the feeling that Emma and Ji Yong are more closely related than we think. The prayer scene with her calling him Ji Yong-ah, the scenes before when she was clearly protecting him. I have a theory, but @Sleepy Owl and I need to discuss it a bit more. :D

My thoughts exactly. She's too invested in protecting Ji Yong and was devastated to see him as the dead body. I can only think of three things:

Spoiler

1. JY is Emma's son and she swapped him with Mi Ja's son.

2. This is her guilt over getting Mi Ja kicked out of a job back then (something's fishy with that whole reveal).

3. Emma is really Kim Mi Ja all along... and she had plastic surgery to look like her dead friend.:joy:

- I am still annoyed by Madam Yang. Her over the top acting isn't bringing anything to the plot. At least Miss Joo and Seong Tae are now more involved in the story aside from being nosy employees.
- Who killed JY? Could there be another version where Hye Jin is the one standing at the top of the stairs?:joy:
- As for Soo Hyuk's current residence, is it a property of Hyowon as well? Maybe Seo Hyun helped set him up there?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

@Thong Thin @scribbledjunkie Exactly! Emma is much closer to Ji Yong than we thought!

My initial theory since quite early on in the show was that Mother Emma is Ji Yong's birth mother. With all these revelations I was forced to drop the theory, but ep 12 brought it back on the table again. We discussed this with @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng yesterday and we had similar thoughts as @scribbledjunkie

One more theory:

Spoiler

4. It's known that Emma was a hostess, like Kim Mi Ja. She was also in love with the chairman. Isn't it quite likely that she might have had a fling or provided some kind of services to the chairman too, as she seemed to be in that business?

Maybe she found herself pregnant too and it being the real son of the chairman. Maybe that's she was so disappointed that he chose Kim Mi Ja instead of her?
Maybe she convinced Kim Mi Ja (who probably was never even pregnant to begin with - Emma made up the whole story) to take care of her son so that he could at least be close to the chairman and get a better life?

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

39 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Thong Thin @scribbledjunkie Exactly! Emma is much closer to Ji Yong than we thought!

My initial theory since quite early on in the show was that Mother Emma is Ji Yong's birth mother. With all these revelations I was forced to drop the theory, but ep 12 brought it back on the table again. We discussed this with @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng yesterday and we had similar thoughts as @scribbledjunkie

One more theory:

Reveal hidden contents

4. It's known that Emma was a hostess, like Kim Mi Ja. She was also in love with the chairman. Isn't it quite likely that she might have had a fling or provided some kind of services to the chairman too, as she seemed to be in that business?

Maybe she found herself pregnant too and it being the real son of the chairman. Maybe that's she was so disappointed that he chose Kim Mi Ja instead of her?
Maybe she convinced Kim Mi Ja (who probably was never even pregnant to begin with - Emma made up the whole story) to take care of her son so that he could at least be close to the chairman and get a better life?

It is likely that both your theory @partyon  and @scribbledjunkie are right.

Since both ME and Kim Min Ja were hostess then, during the get together drinks, Chairman who is too

drunk might have one night stand with ME instead of Kim Min Ja which resulted in the birth of JY;

Or perhaps Chairman did have one night stand with both ME and Kim Min Ja, but only ME gets pregnant,

or both also pregnant but ME get rid Kim Min Ja son and replace with JY.

:D

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3

This drama is becoming a farce of sorts. Not surprised that Ji Yong has become enemy no. 1 of Hyowon, even Ms. Joo locked him in the bunker. Isn't she afraid of losing her job LoL? Or maybe she's using all that recorded footage as leverage..? She's been around that loud ahjumma too much she's starting to act like her. 

I was sure the fighter would be hit by the "white truck of doom" but Ji Yong hired a lackey to finish the deed. Then Ha Joon almost getting plowed by the "white truck of doom" later in the ep. 

So Hee Soo was the murderer? How did she end lying next to Ji Yong though as seen in earlier flashbacks? What is Mother Emma's role in all this? 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Hi everyone, I really enjoyed the drama so far. I do not care about the young couple much, before I processed and understood the adult story, their screen time already passed. Lol.

The Seozy story is so much much well written. Seohyun is so COOL. But how can she survive daily life when she have to take care of her company, deal with her husband, the in laws, the maids.... most stressful character I've ever seen in K-drama. 

I think FIL's responsibility should be mentioned too, Ji Yong grew up like this thanks to his parents. If it was Hajoon, who was raised by HS, I don't think he will become another Ji Yong. 

Some thoughts:

1. Do you think Ji Yong really loves HS? He seemed very worry when talking about the baby.....

2. Why Mother Emma just casually dropped a bomb, explain herself with HS in Ep 11? Why now? Why not earlier or she can keep it a secret forever....

3. The murder happened in Cadenza, not in Rubato. Maybe they have event of the family there since HS dressed up and Mother Emma is invited too.... 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

54 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

This drama is becoming a farce of sorts. Not surprised that Ji Yong has become enemy no. 1 of Hyowon, even Ms. Joo locked him in the bunker. Isn't she afraid of losing her job LoL? Or maybe she's using all that recorded footage as leverage..? She's been around that loud ahjumma too much she's starting to act like her. 

I was sure the fighter would be hit by the "white truck of doom" but Ji Yong hired a lackey to finish the deed. Then Ha Joon almost getting plowed by the "white truck of doom" later in the ep. 

So Hee Soo was the murderer? How did she end lying next to Ji Yong though as seen in earlier flashbacks? What is Mother Emma's role in all this? 

I've already expected that this will be a makjang of sorts, especially since we're dealing with a chaebol family here. But so far it's tolerable and still not cringe-worthy compared to P3.:sweat_smile:

Hi Soo at the top of the stairs looked like she was in pain... most likely she was able to get up from that fall (HOW?!?:open_mouth:) and made her way upstairs just in time for Mother Emma to return inside the house. Hence her statement in earlier episodes that "when I came back...".

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

from the many times the murder scene was played from different angles .. it took the shape of a nightmare where you  start to hallucinate

cause I am starting to doubt myself.. now you see tow..with one at the top of the stairs .. now its one with another one up

and wasnt the nun herself was up and now she is down...idk anymore

it sounds like different POVs..but you have one one person 

and she seems to be really siding with JY after all .. for whatever reason. is it guilt or somthin else..cause she is the one who disclosed his actual parentage and sent him on the road to hell

the writer likes to have multiple enemies  for the one central villian .. 

the actual relationship between HS and JY isnt really explored.. you dont kno how he felt about her.. and this could have been an interesting love/hate angle.. but the writer was only focused on certain things that were more commercial if u kno what i mean...

edit

i got the casting wrong it seems

concerning the popularity chart.. concerning how its discussed on SM

the drama falls to number 5...WITH NETZINES continue to praise LBY and KSH acting as well as Lee Hyun Wook who is doing really great as the villian ( I agree even tho his acting isnt the deep kind.. he is doing grea8 .. )

btw why is the front page here doesn't even have the actors name listed ?? the page havent been updated with the full cast

the conflict in the opinions is about the  ( the writer ) like it was very expected 

I've been following its popularity  on netflix too

the drama is currently at number 12 on netflix worldwide..only breaking into the top 10 once .. thats because its only being watched in asia mainly...its doing best in taiwan , japan and  vietnam and korea 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Lee Bo Young Finds Her True Self While Fueled By Sorrow, Rage, And Maternal Love In “Mine”

cae9c75661ea4a7bbcc6e7032d9b1203.jpeg?s=

Jun 18, 2021
by C. Hong

Lee Bo Young’s character in tvN’s “Mine” has vowed to change after the tragic events of her recent past.

“Mine” is a drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what is truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung co-stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant and well-born wife of the eldest son of Hyowon Group.

Spoilers

Seo Hee Soo’s independent streak stood out among the other elitist family members in Hyowon Group, who cared more about maintaining their family’s reputation than their own selves. At a family dinner when the dress code was “all black,” she turned heads by appearing in a brightly colored dress and said, “Someone has to be brave and try something different.” Unlike the suspicious chaebol family members, she had faith in other people, saying, “If I trust someone, then they start to trust in me as well.”

But Seo Hee Soo’s kind heart was betrayed when it was revealed that Kang Ja Kyung (Ok Ja Yeon), the private tutor hired for her stepson Han Ha Joon (Jung Hyun Joon), was actually the boy’s real mother. Seo Hee Soo’s seemingly-loving husband, Han Ji Yong (Lee Hyun Wook), was deceiving her all along. Shaken to her core at discovering his betrayal, Seo Hee Soo suffered a miscarriage.

Although she had to fight through her pain and shock, she used these tragic events to make herself stronger, like a jewel mined from rock that shines more as it is cut. She had broken free of the false peace that had surrounded her and faced head-on the uncomfortable truths about her life. In doing so, she was able to rediscover her “true self.”

Fueling her newfound rage against her old world is her maternal love, which burns bright for her stepson as well as the unborn baby that was lost. She was also able to use her experience as a top actress to refocus on who she is, using a line from her previous project as a new motto: “I’m not the me I was before.”

lee-bo-young-mine-1.jpeg

Seo Hee Soo is now a charismatic character who combines the roles of a mother who protects her son at all costs, an actress with years of experience under her belt, and a fighter who isn’t afraid to stand up to her terrible husband. She also has the confidence to stand up to Yang Soon Hye (Park Won Sook), her mother-in-law, and stay true to herself.

In the previous broadcast, Seo Hee Soo chose Jung Seo Hyun as the person who should inherit the throne of Hyowon Group. She also decided to send Kang Ja Kyung abroad with their son as a tutor, with the three women forging a collaboration to hold on to their true selves and escape from the dangerous prison that is Hyowon Group.

lee-bo-young-mine1.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1475254wpp/lee-bo-young-finds-her-true-self-fueled-by-sorrow-rage-and-maternal-love-in-mine

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Lee Bo Young Undergoes A Police Interrogation In “Mine”—But As A Suspect Or Witness?

9416f6d8d5b349e6a6aadc18fa95ab08.jpeg?s=

Jun 19, 2021
by C. Hong

A storm is brewing on tvN’s “Mine”!

“Mine” is a drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what is truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family behind Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the wife of the first son of Hyowon Group.

Spoilers

In the new stills, Seo Hee Soo is undergoing police investigation. This is a natural development, as she was confirmed to have been on the scene when her husband, Han Ji Yong (Lee Hyun Wook), died. Seo Hee Soo’s expression is hard to read, adding to the tension of the scene.

It is unclear if she is there as a suspect or as a witness. In the teaser video for the coming episode, viewers were shocked to hear Seo Hee Soo say, “I don’t remember.” Opinions are divided as to whether Seo Hee Soo has really lost her memory or if this is all part of the plan that she’s made.

In the meantime, Jung Seo Hyun is also embarking on her own plans as she takes a private meeting with Chairman Han (Jung Dong Hwan), her father-in-law. Previously, Chairman Han had shocked the family by overturning his previous will favoring Han Soo Hyuk (Cha Hak Yeon) as the next heir of Hyowon Group and instead raising Han Ji Yong, who is not his biological son, to the position of chairman. Except for Han Ji Yong, the entire family protested against this move. As the mother of Han Soo Hyuk, Jung Seo Hyun was also against this, but she approaches him with a rational and cold demeanor and blocks his every attempt to dodge her.

But conflict is brewing among all the members of the family. In one still, Han Ji Ho (Park Hyuk Kwon) and Han Ji Yong are engaged in a furious argument. Han Ji Yong doesn’t even bother to hide behind his false mask anymore and pushes his older brother aside as if he was meaningless. Seething, Han Jin Ho gives his butler Kim Sung Tae (Lee Joong Ok) a blue diamond necklace and says, “Kill Ji Yong.”

lee-bo-young-kim-seo-hyung-park-hyuk-kwo

https://www.soompi.com/article/1475486wpp/lee-bo-young-undergoes-a-police-interrogation-in-mine-but-as-a-suspect-or-witness

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

- Jasmin's lover is definitely Jin Hee's husband. Haha!
- The show's storytelling has always been non-linear but all the interspersed scenes today need to be explained the soonest. I am sure we have some missing scenes that would help explain the whole picture.
- Hah! I knew there was a scene where Hye Jin was the one killing Ji Yong too. 
- Hmmm, so Mother Emma didn't really see Hi Soo lying on the floor. She only saw the hand. She's also getting shadier each episode. I wish they'll elaborate further on the past between Mi Ja/Suk Chul/Seol Hwa because I find it weird why she's so invested on what happened to Ji Yong. 
- Is Yu Yeon the fiancee in that engagement party? They stood beside each other during the funeral but the shot during the party cleverly put Soo Hyuk's fiancee out of focus.

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

31 minutes ago, scribbledjunkie said:

I wish they'll elaborate further on the past between Mi Ja/Suk Chul/Seol Hwa because I find it weird why she's so invested on what happened to Ji Yong. 

Me too...i can't understand why she is so interested in that monster fate...

• Like 2
  • Blob 3