vAvJ2_4f.jpg

Cr mydramalist

Details:

Chinese title: 影帝的公主 / Ying Di De Gong Zhu
English title: Be My Princess

Genre: Romance

Director:  Huang Tian Ren

Episodes: 30

Broadcast Date: Mar 16, 2022 - Apr 13, 2022 (airs Wednesdays-Fridays)

Network:  iQiyi, Mango TV

Cast:

Xu Zheng Xi as Mu Yanzhou
Zhou Jie Qiong as Ming Wei
Wu Jia Yi as Ming Qiao
Hu Yun Hao as Xiao Zhao
Xu Kai Xin as Chen Zhang
Li Ruo Ning

Synopsis:

Ming Wei has the luck to act alongside the popular movie king, Mu Yanzhou, portraying his favorite princess. However when Mu Yanzhou gets into a car accident, he loses his memory. After he wakes up, he proclaim himself as the acting master and begin acting like a caretaker and teacher to Ming Wei. ~~ Adapted from the novel of the same name by Xiao Jia Ren. (Source: DramaWiki)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Be My Princess 影帝的公主
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Be My Princess 影帝的公主 (premieres March 16)

Premieres on 16 March! For those who need a fix with the ending of The Autumn Ballad,

you can catch Jeremy Xu here. Though be warned, his voice has been dubbed, so you won't be
able to hear his sexy voice, sigh.

EDITED: Just added latest trailer, released on 14 March into the very first post! (looks like no English subs yet, but hang on...)

On 3/14/2022 at 8:18 AM, SC2019 said:

you won't be able to hear his sexy voice, sigh.

:bawling:  noooooooo(((((

BTW, the girl seems to be a FL from the 2020 Miss Truth, right? IMO, despite the drama was relatively average, but she did a good job there. 

51 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

:bawling:  noooooooo(((((

BTW, the girl seems to be a FL from the 2020 Miss Truth, right? IMO, despite the drama was relatively average, but she did a good job there. 

Yes, indeed, she is from Ms Truth. I was too besotted by the ML in that drama to have eyes for anyone else:hwaiting2:

And truth be told, her acting was passable but not remarkable. Given that she was a newbie then, I guess it's alright, she has lots of room to grow.

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Be My Princess 影帝的公主 (premieres March 16)
7 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Oh but the slap in the trailer, i don't want to watch this, i fight back and hard

truly quite a tight slap! lol

oh my, the beginning of the drama seems to be really, really like Love Script.

OK, I've watched 4 episodes and am enjoying it a lot:).

Jeremy seems to have quite unique ability to connect with any FL he acts with. Not every ML (even A-listers) could create so much onscreen chemistry with any partner actress.  And so far "aloof guy" style suits him as well.

Love both costume and modern parts (costume parts IMO deserve their own drama :wub: ), ML-FL interactions, and the ML's manager buddy seems very sweet and also worth our attention:D. FL's sister is annoying as hell :lol:, and I even won't start commenting her outfits:w00t:

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Be My Princess 影帝的公主

Already watched till ep 10, love the drama, despite some obvious cliche moments here and there. FL's sister should so far  get a "Annoyance of 2022" award. The character IMO could have been written way better.

Seems no one is watching it,ha?))) So far watched up to ep 16, now very disappointed how the story goes. It looks very unrealistic for a popular actor in China (even being in THAT state of mind) to be able to disappear from the media and fans radar with a young starlet :D. And I should say, I was wrong about the  "Annoyance of 2022" award going solely to the FL's sister. She should now share it with the evil sister of the manager buddy :w00t:. IMO the production should have opted for less episods, than to drag the plot forward with that unnecessary runaway.

OK, from ep 21 it's a new part of story for the heroes due to certain events,with Xu Zheng Xi doing a terrific job. 

The "ancient style" proposal was cool:D. I was soo envious :lol:.

BTW, Xu Zheng Xi's "mother" from the Autumn Ballad is Ming Wei's mother here:).

@leo2020 yes, it seems like the past life still connect to them :tounge_wink:

I don't know, even with many flaws or even some cliche plot..but I really enjoy the drama..
I enjoy the ML and FL interaction..And I am happy that the FL is not annoying..
I understand her action, even to be happy with Taifu..He treat her as being princess and keep saying that how about if he can stay forever in this world..
Well, Ming Wei has tried to break with him because she understand the risk but she saw Taifu really broken and she realize why not trying to be happy with him.

And I do understand MU Tingchou attitudes after he wake up again..He barely know her..I knew that MTC should wake up again because he is the real and Mu Yun is the fantasy one but thought he would resurrect again with the memory after the accident so he can feel his crush to her before..but unfortunately he wake up way far behind it..And in this drama Ming Wai always said and feel that two of them are different men
This kind of drama is quite K-Drama style..Happy and funny at the beginning but turn to mellow drama in later part.

However, I am the one who are fans with amnesia trope (hehehehe), and I have been invested to the characters of this drama, so I will enjoy and wait how they solve this problem..  While waiting, I think I can re-watch some memorable moment in previous episode xixixixixi

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@leo2020 I did my notty thing and watched the later parts. Caught up with the latest 2 eps tonight and curiosity is killing me. If it's reached where it's reached by tonight, what on earth is the plot for E29 & 30?

OMG, I really don't know:lol:...

Spoiler

2nd couple's wedding? Butterfly Lovers premiere? Children?

Ming Wei accepting her biological dad? BTW , IMO the whole thing about Ming Wei's parentage was just really unnecessary, and, among some other things, was done just to drag the drama longer than 24 episodes. 

• Blob 1

@leo2020 apparently there will be closure in the world of Princess and the Grand Tutor. I might hazard a guess that it is 

Spoiler

them both in a dream, and reliving their lives differently this time, with a HE for both. This is based on a tweet I found on another forum, something along these lines.

Let's see, yah? I can't wait for 8pm tonight. :sparklyeyes:

• Blob 1

4 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@leo2020 apparently there will be closure in the world of Princess and the Grand Tutor. I might hazard a guess that it is 

Reveal hidden contents

them both in a dream, and reliving their lives differently this time, with a HE for both. This is based on a tweet I found on another forum, something along these lines.

Let's see, yah? I can't wait for 8pm tonight. :sparklyeyes:

:hooray: 

But after reading your spoiler I'm now just more confused :D

I will try to watch it tonight if I have no urgent overtime work :crazy: 

• Blob 1

@leo2020 by the way, I found this.....and just as I thought she would, the actress playing Ming Wei says
she relates to this drama, as a rookie herself getting a good script (just like Meng Wei in the drama)

Spoiler

What I meant is in the last 2 episodes airing tonight, I think they will both have a dream, and in their dream, they will go back to the world of the Princess and the Grand Tutor and relive certain scenes, but this time round, the Princess will marry the Grand Tutor and they will grow old together. Both will have a chance to change the regrets they had.

If you think about it, the reason Mu Ting Zhou thought he was the Grand Tutor after the accident was because he regretted not being able to keep the princess safe (she killed herself in the end). And he lived a lonely wretched life, devoting himself to the country, silently watching her from afar. So, when he had a brain trauma, he was able to change all that, and enjoy a different life. But that was in the modern world, so in the last two episodes, they both go back to 'ancient times' and re-write their lifes.