고윤하 Go Younha

Guest supper

Guest KillerTofu

Ummm...I would like to disagree. In my opinion, that's exactly what I think about American rap/hip-hop in general, but not Korean. I may not understand Korean, but some of the songs that I have read the translations off of are quite deep. And some of the artists don't write their own lyrics because their producer decides whatever they sing. They may also choose what the artist wears, what their hairstyle may be and their image. There are some artists that we may not know if they even have any say in their music career. One huge example, LSM who produced H.O.T., S.E.S., BoA and DBSG. I doubt they had much say in their clothing and hairstyle much less what they sing.

Vocals should also be a big part of singing, shouldn't it? I mean, you're saying that if a person had absolutely no talent in singing, sang off-key, their pitch is way off, and they don't know a single thing about music, yet sung a song that was very deep, could you stand listening to them for more than a minute? Or would you have to politely tell them to keep on practicing or something?

For an example, look at BoA. She's a Korean artist, yet I know a few people who think that she is Japanese. She is a well respected singer in Japan and very popular. Her songs are quite good and her singing ability is superb. But some of her songs are what you mentioned, yet the J-pop audience loves her nonetheless. Singing capability has to be measured if she wants to compete with all the other J-pop artists. I mean, not all the popular J-pop artists sing deep or meaningful songs do they? I think Locolotion by Orange Range would be a perfect example for my last question. I don't think it has any meaning, yet I love the beat and the guys sing/rap the song quite well.

And it depends on what your taste in music is. It may be both, it may be neither, it may be something completely different. I like K-pop and J-pop purely because of the composition, because I do not understand what the artists are singing.

The top rapper in America is Kanye West and his music is not known for that. The top artist in Korea is TVXQ...enough said. The artists that are told what to do are the ones running the kpop world which I find a little troublesome. It has always been like that but at least music was good then. Of course vocals is a huge part of singing, I didn't say I wanted a deep song with crappy vocals, thats called poetry. I'm saying all I hear are good vocals with no substance in the music behind it nowadays. I don't want every song ever to be a deep meaningful song, it'd be nice to hear some once in a while though in kpop. I love old school Hip Hop where beats were just pure enjoyment. The Japanese and American music industry is very broad and wide in the types of music they have but I find Korea is slipping away from that. I think they used to be unique in their music but not anymore. All I'm just saying is I'm glad there is an artist like Younha that has come along. She's refreshing to listen to. She's not like all the newcomers coming out. And there's a reason why she came debutted in Japan first. I bet if she debutted in Korea she'd easily be overlooked. Boa wasn't a huge hit until after her success in Japan and the release of her second album in Korea.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LUCKILY, NO! She's from Sony Japan, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember I saw her on their artists' homepage. Anyways, since her first debut on PopJam singing Hoskiboshi, I felt in love with her. :wub: Her music style is unique and she's really multi-talented; she can sing, write lyric (she co-wrote the Korean version of Yubikiri & If), and play the piano REALLY well. ;) I rather not see her dance, instead she should concentrate on singing her best on stage. She has real potential and I just hope she will suceed in Japan. Though I think she should stay as a Japanese artist FOREVER, I really want to see her on music shows every week and maybe even on gameshows. :P

Isn't this from the SM audition show hosted my kangta & heejun? with junsu hyukjae and the bassist from the trax etc

000xo.jpg

Guest FREAKY_ALTOIAN

its juss like boa LSM wants her to go big in Japan cuz grls there actually like the grl singers..

if u notice the grlls that debuted in korea dont really go big..

well they do i guess but they dont get as many fans as the guys do but in japan u can get juss as much or even more...

SHE STOLE MY NAME!! lol arrrg

The top rapper in America is Kanye West and his music is not known for that. The top artist in Korea is TVXQ...enough said. The artists that are told what to do are the ones running the kpop world which I find a little troublesome. It has always been like that but at least music was good then. Of course vocals is a huge part of singing, I didn't say I wanted a deep song with crappy vocals, thats called poetry. I'm saying all I hear are good vocals with no substance in the music behind it nowadays. I don't want every song ever to be a deep meaningful song, it'd be nice to hear some once in a while though in kpop. I love old school Hip Hop where beats were just pure enjoyment. The Japanese and American music industry is very broad and wide in the types of music they have but I find Korea is slipping away from that. I think they used to be unique in their music but not anymore. All I'm just saying is I'm glad there is an artist like Younha that has come along. She's refreshing to listen to. She's not like all the newcomers coming out. And there's a reason why she came debutted in Japan first. I bet if she debutted in Korea she'd easily be overlooked. Boa wasn't a huge hit until after her success in Japan and the release of her second album in Korea.

I have a feeling that you don't bother looking into music behind SM artists? TVXQ absolutely is not the "top artist" in Korea. Heck, one of SG Wannabe's recent albums even sold more than twice as much as both of TVXQ's albums. I used to look at Korean music in the same perspective; however, I have since discovered that you can find great diversity in the Korean industry if you look.

she's from sony.. her official site is www.younha.net

thanks to google~

Younha is a korean Jpop singer who debuted in Japan with the song "Yubikiri". She hasn't debuted in Korea yet, but there were rumors that she would..She started to sing and play piano when she was 5 years old.

She first auditioned for SM(Korean Entertainment), but failed.

Later one she sent her demo tape to Sony Music Japan and got interested in her.

They accepted her and now she is a rising star.

Those who don't know her, she was the one who sang Bleach 3rd ED "Houki Boshi"

She has a unique talent of singing while playing the piano...

serves SM right.

Guest lovelylil819

^^Haha..right! SM doesn't deserve Younha. I guess Younha auditioned for SM because SM promotes younger singers. I'm glad she went to Sony Music Japan or else she will never have the chance to shine with Boa being there. Even though people are already giving her the title, "Second BoA", I think people are beginning to recognize her name and her talent. GO YOUNHA! :D

P.S. If anyone wants her album, PM me. I love ALL her songs!

Guest last song

I love YounHa!!

Her vocal ability is superb...

& I agree, the live of "Houki Boshi" is AWESOME.

She's sooo go~oood... <33333

It's a shame she doesn't have more recognition, but she'll get there, I'm sure. :]

I have a feeling that you don't bother looking into music behind SM artists? TVXQ absolutely is not the "top artist" in Korea. Heck, one of SG Wannabe's recent albums even sold more than twice as much as both of TVXQ's albums. I used to look at Korean music in the same perspective; however, I have since discovered that you can find great diversity in the Korean industry if you look.

I agree. I was just gonna say... Korean music IS very diverse and it's a shame that some people sum up K-music with Hyori, TVXQ, etc. (I think their music's catchy though). There are so many talented Korean artists with deep music -- and they're just as or even more popular than the teenybopper singers.

Guest cmy_185

I agree. I was just gonna say... Korean music IS very diverse and it's a shame that some people sum up K-music with Hyori, TVXQ, etc. (I think their music's catchy though). There are so many talented Korean artists with deep music -- and they're just as or even more popular than the teenybopper singers.

Yeah, soompiers and korean koreans are very different.

Guest BLurBLur

She first auditioned for SM(Korean Entertainment), but failed.

thank god for that !!!!

i think this girl have serious vocal abilities... and when i first heard her song houki boshi.. i didnt even know that she was korean.... i thougth she was japanese.. hahahha... hopefully she will continue to be successful... both in korea and japan

Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

wow O__o she sounds really talented

I think I'll go research her ^^

hey I just d/led a clip from the french site

but the clip needs a password

does anyone know what the password is??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest syunikiss

wow O__o she sounds really talented

I think I'll go research her ^^

hey I just d/led a clip from the french site

but the clip needs a password

does anyone know what the password is??

it says right above the link the password http://goyounha.free.fr/ i really really love younha~~ i saw her on the KBS GLobal news and they called her the next boa (_ _") but i think they said she was gonna be better.. and i think she is ^^ i like "Yume no Tsuzuki" the most ^__________^ hMm.. the french site used to have a cute interview of younha where she played the super mario theme (ayoomi from sugar was interviewing her) (._____.) i wish i didn`t delete it

Guest System1430291513

I just watched her MV's on youtube. I agree that she is good. I also would not have thought that she was Korean. I think she is better than BoA because well I heard BoA's songs and wasn't really a big fan.

She actually is known in Korea for gaining fame in Japan. She just hasn't debuted in her home country. If Younha and K decide to debut in Korea, I bet they'll become popular.

Korean things are popular now in Japan.

Actually, sorry this is off topic, I looked into things and K debuted in Korea in 2004. He just never became that popular. It wasn't a single either, it was a full album. O_O

I'm glad she's not under SM.

Looking at the piano in her MV made me cringe. -___-

Archived