[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love Between Fairy and Devil 苍兰诀

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

the wow factor 

I actually was WOW re the fighting scenes, it's the first time he uses his full power). The rescue scene was very cool). 

Unexpectedly I also felt sorry for Lord Changcheng. 

17 hours ago, Roan89 said:

I dont understand the part where this lady is sent to the mortal world. 

Hi, do you mean

Spoiler

the God of War?

If yes,

it's my understanding 

Spoiler

after she died in a battle all was literally left of her was her primodial spirit, and now she has to be born as a human (and to start her cultivation all over again? - I'm not that expert of these thing, sorry). Her new fate as a human was in that Destiny book - that leaf DFQC now has. However I now start to think it might be more complicated then they have shown us till now. 

Overall, I finished 20 episodes and am ready to share some thoughts))

I should say I can't agree the production is low-quality. It's not that high-budget, but definitely of good quality.

I'm very impressed by the main couple - you might not like cliches the production obviously used to create the characters, but the actors managed to do very good work and I can only stupidly adore them))). In addition, for me their oncreen chemistry is top, they look very natural together). I 've watched the BTS and the actors a great off-screen as well.

Other actors are doing quite ok, although I would like to see how Zhang Linghe manages his character's

Spoiler

mortal life. 

I absolute love the songs, especially the opening one, Parting Love - finally it is published on YT, hooray).

I like the costumes (smth relatively new for the Moon tribe) the in/exteriors, and the CGI - it's quite simple but done with taste and attention to quality. Was very impressed with fighting scenes, inscluding music accompanying those scenes - wow affect for me.

So everything good so far for me, but theseis one thing I really don't like, and I expressed it before. They should have done better with the English drama name. After more than 20 episodes, I could say it's really much more than simple love story between two people. 

Looking forward for new episodes. It's so sad thay would torture us for another two weeks before we know the ending))).

• Like 2

I am hooked and I'm here to stay until the end. 

Dylan Wang and the female lead are staying true to their characters.

I get why some people are not so impressed with Orchid's persona.

It's been used too many times (naïve female lead) but that's how she is.

DW, on the other hand, is so good. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, leo2020 said:

I should say I can't agree the production is low-quality. It's not that high-budget, but definitely of good quality.

because these china drama they reuse the same computer graphics across different drama

saves cost , just cut & paste

but I expected "hollywood" standards where every CGI goes through hand-drawing and digitized .... unique to every movie,drama

some examples of using template CGI .... 

orange flapping wings phoenix , in 灵剑山 and 宸汐缘

black orb flying smoke monster  .... in many of these immortal genre , I first seen this CGI in american drama LOST

purple smoke power flying in whirlpool pattern .... in many of these genre , 琉璃 , 千古玦尘 , 沉香如屑

riding dragon .... 遇龙 , 苍兰诀 , same cgi render , white color swapped to grey/black , the same actor is now riding himself from his previous drama

it's quite funny when u see them outsource the job to the same studio and zero effort to edit the 3D model differently

another example is the scene around ep8 or 9 as mentioned previously , when the female lead was shackled up infront of the golden immortal leader who doesn't smile

look at that fake grand background :lol: the masked audience in the amphitheater stopped moving

they try to flesh out the world with more individual entities (thousands of citizens) but momentarily have these bloopers

most of these cgi , while they look grand on the surface , are comparable to 1999-2002 starwars episode 1 and 2

the geonosis colosseum scene , same as ep 8- 9 mentioned above , thousands of aliens in the background while the actors main scene in a small circle in the middle

my point is they are not using top notch expensive technology , rather something that have been used throughout the industry and affordable to cheap studios , hence low budget production

the china market have this obsession on adding unnecessary CGI to elevate the status of their production

every january - february they remake the same monkey immortal story into movie format

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

hence low budget production

As I mentioned, yes, it's obviously not that high-budget, but the quality of the production IMO is really good.

I can get where your disappointment comes from if you 

27 minutes ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

expected "hollywood" standards

but I think it's just impossible to see someone in cdramaland ready to invest that much money and spend so much time on a  55-smth episode drama to reach " high quality hollywood standart". I suppose it's simply not worth it for investors and production companies.

Funny thing- I suppose you've watched Princess Agents? Remember that ridiculous CGI- created parrot :D

And other CGI moments were, let's be honest, relatively low-cost. However the drama turned to be a jewel among others. 

What I'm trying to say- I suppose LBFD creators did their best where they could- for example look at that Moon Tribe costumes or main cast hairpieces.  If they cut corners here and there- I'm OK with that, in this case for me it doesn't effect the story that much. The close-ups and fighting scenes - still done very good. 

2 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Dylan Wang and the female lead are staying true to their characters.

Ohh, I like their couple chemistry). As soon as the characters met - for me they immediately "clicked":)

2 hours ago, ElleSor said:

but that's how she is.

Totally agree. I've read just a bit from the novel, and I now see why they invited Esther Yu- she is perfect for the role). 

3 hours ago, ElleSor said:

DW, on the other hand, is so good

I'm also very impressed. Mostly love to see his character's angry face, annoyed face and confused face))). 

3 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I am hooked and I'm here to stay until the end

Same here). Enjoying every episode, the last ones in Mortal Realm are fun)).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, leo2020 said:

As I mentioned, yes, it's obviously not that high-budget, but the quality of the production IMO is really good.

I can get where your disappointment comes from if you 

but I think it's just impossible to see someone in cdramaland ready to invest that much money and spend so much time on a  55-smth episode drama to reach " high quality hollywood standart". I suppose it's simply not worth it for investors and production companies.

Funny thing- I suppose you've watched Princess Agents? Remember that ridiculous CGI- created parrot :D

Reveal hidden contents

And other CGI moments were, let's be honest, relatively low-cost. However the drama turned to be a jewel among others. 

What I'm trying to say- I suppose LBFD creators did their best where they could- for example look at that Moon Tribe costumes or main cast hairpieces.  If they cut corners here and there- I'm OK with that, in this case for me it doesn't effect the story that much. The close-ups and fighting scenes - still done very good. 

Ohh, I like their couple chemistry). As soon as the characters met - for me they immediately "clicked":)

Totally agree. I've read just a bit from the novel, and I now see why they invited Esther Yu- she is perfect for the role). 

I'm also very impressed. Mostly love to see his character's angry face, annoyed face and confused face))). 

Same here). Enjoying every episode, the last ones in Mortal Realm are fun)).

Yup, I love this drama.

I'm really hoping the angst and sadness that's to be expected won't go haywire.

I don't like endings like Miss The Dragon...:confused:

Anyhoo, I'm in this till the very end. 

Haven't forwarded any scenes so far and its already almost in the mid-twenties episodes. 

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

Yup, I love this drama.

Haven't forwarded any scenes so far and its already almost in the mid-twenties episodes. 

Ohh, the suffering is coming our wsy, that's I'm sure about,  but I never heard it's a 

Spoiler

bad ending

so I hope they will be fine). Those who deserve it will definitely be punished (bcs otherwise the drama won't pull through censorship), so let's wait and see, we now have not that many episodes left). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Yup, I love this drama.

Spoiler

If it follows the novel, it should be happy ending.

• Like 1

Just a thought.

I just watched the video showing the Love Between Fairy and Devil's end of filming. Never ever have I shred a tear over such wrap video. Now I have. They always show us happy bouquet photoes/videos. This video really made me think what's like for them when this moment comes and you come to shoot your last scenes and then really have to say goodbye. No more "See you tomorrow". It might be literally you'll never see/meet some people again, ever. And you realize it in a second. 

• Sad 1

i am enjoying this show a lot. don't be swayed by the opinions of some who felt the production is lousy and the show is not worth your time and attention. judge it for yourself. each of us have our preferences.

i am enjoying the bts clips featured. its so nice and enjoyable experience to watch the 2 leads bickering. please post more up here for us to enjoy. thank you =)thank you

• Like 3

I don't care how much money was spent or what standard somebody is trying to peg this drama...It has its standard from my end at 100% ..

I am in love with this drama , which means all its best and its worst combined , yin and yang , moon and sun . The Moon Supreme  is to die for and so is the God of War  and our little Orchid is totally adorable .   

P.s. if you like the drama , please watch.....if you don't like the drama , please watch something that gives you as much joy as this drama gives to me , in all its glory and story . 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, jadore1 said:

I don't care how much money was spent or what standard somebody is trying to peg this drama...It has its standard from my end at 100% ..

I am in love with this drama , which means all its best and its worst combined , yin and yang , moon and sun . The Moon Supreme  is to die for and so is the God of War  and our little Orchid is totally adorable .   

P.s. if you like the drama , please watch.....if you don't like the drama , please watch something that gives you as much joy as this drama gives to me , in all its glory and story . 

I agree!!

To each his own.

I don't like to compare dramas or actors because it takes away the enjoyment of watching.

I enjoy this drama and others as well.

I have a very open mind regarding plot and genre.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

....and I thought that mortals have it tough ....those pesky choices that Heaven gave us as free will and make us dance to the unknown tune , all our authentic selves  ....that is why I personally rebel at one answer fits all  , BUT Energy of Love is the winner everywhere , anywhere, anytime .   Super beautiful drama,  I Adore  Moon Supreme, he looked soooooo good when he came in to pick up his love from the cave  :kiss_wink:  powerful, fierce and attractive  :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1