Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Like a Butterfly/ Navillera, 나빌레라 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST - Song Kang & Park In Hwan - Premieres on March 22nd

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tvN DRAMA 2021 LIKE A BUTTERFLY/NAVILLERA   Drama:Like a Butterfly/ Navillera Hangul:나빌레라 Genre:slice of life, friendship Network: tvN Episodes: 12 Dir

December 16 2020 Kim Tae-Hoon & Yoon Ji-Hye cast in tvN drama “Like Butterfly” Kim Tae-Hoon and Yoon Ji-Hye are cast for supporting roles in tvN drama series “Like Butterfly” starr

Song Kang, Park In-hwan take the chance to fly in Navillera by tineybeanie   Ballet drama Navillera (formerly Like a Butterfly), featuring Song Kang (Sweet Home) and Park In-hwan (

Song Kang And Park In Hwan Chase Their Dreams Together In Poster For Upcoming Ballet Drama

bee44e735e764f2a9c78bd4f99b0af90.jpeg?s=

Feb 18, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN has shared new posters for its upcoming drama “Navillera”!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” tells the story of Duk Chool (Park In Hwan), a man who begins ballet at the age of 70, and Chae Rok (Song Kang), a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams.

In “Navillera,” Song Kang and Park In Hwan will show an unusual bromance as the younger ballerino becomes the teacher and the older man the student. As he approaches his senior years, Duk Chool unearthes a long-cherished dream to dance ballet, while Chae Rok, who started ballet late but has a rare talent, lost his direction due to a clash with hard reality.

In the main poster, the two lead characters stand against a clear blue sky. Song Kang shows off his delicate ballet form, while Park In Hwan watches him with warmth in his gaze. The caption reads, “There comes a moment in everyone’s life when they can fly.” There is also a special webtoon version of the poster drawn by the original creators of the webtoon in honor of the drama’s upcoming premiere.

song-kang-park-in-hwan-navillera.jpeg

The production staff of “Navillera” stated, “We will take this moment to thank the webtoon creators HUN and Jimin once again for creating this special poster for the drama’s premiere. The lead actors have 200 percent synchronized with their characters in spirit, not just in physical appearances. Please look forward to how they immerse themselves in their roles.”

“Navillera” also shared stills of Park In Hwan learning ballet for the first time. Although his form and posture show his awkwardness as a beginner, his warm smile and the concentration in his gaze shows his eagerness to learn and pursue his long-cherished dream.

The production staff said, “Like Duk Chool’s passion for ballet, Park In Hwan’s passion for his character is on fire. Park In Hwan will move the viewers’ hearts with his take on the role. Please look forward to seeing a new side of this veteran actor in ‘Navillera.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454992wpp/song-kang-and-park-in-hwan-chase-their-dreams-together-in-poster-for-upcoming-ballet-drama

• Like 4

Watch: Song Kang And Park In Hwan Inspire In New “Navillera” Teaser

“Navillera” has released a second teaser!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” tells the story of Duk Chool (Park In Hwan), a man who begins ballet at the age of 70, and Chae Rok (Song Kang), a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams.

In a voiceover, Song Kang comments, “At least once, everyone has a moment where they are able to fly high.” Song Kang practices ballet in a studio where he receives a message from his father, whom he barely has contact with. On the other hand, Park In Hwan practices his ballet while on a walk, showing the stark differences between the two characters.

Watch the teaser below and check out the first teaser here!

“Navillera” premieres on Monday, March 22 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456028wpp/watch-song-kang-and-park-in-hwan-inspire-in-new-navillera-teaser

• Like 3
February 23 2021

Teaser trailer #2 for tvN drama series “Navillera”

Navillera-tp01.jpg

Teaser trailer #2 added for tvN drama series “Navillera” starring Song Kang & Park In-Hwan. Song Kang provides narration in the teaser trailer with “Everyone experiences a moment of flying at least once.” Meanwhile, above are the first still images of Song Kang in the drama series.

“Navillera” first airs March 22, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Sim Deok-Chool (Park In-Hwan) has had a life long dreaming of performing ballet. He is 70-years-old and retired from his job as a post office employee. Due to life situations, he put aside his dream of becoming a ballet dancer and worked a normal job to support his family. Now, Sim Deok-Chool makes the decision to pursue his dream again. His family, including his wife and adult children, are not happy with his decision, but Sim Deok-Chool does not waver in pursuing his life long dream. He joins a ballet company to learn ballet. There, he meets Lee Chae-Rok (Song Kang).

Lee Chae-Rok is a 23-year-old man. While growing up, he played different sports like baseball, swimming, and soccer, but he wasn’t talented in any of those activities. He then became interested in ballet. His mother was a ballet dancer, but she died from a disease when Lee Chae-Rok was young. His father later went bankrupt. Lee Chae-Rok learned that he has a talent for ballet, but, after pursuing ballet, he barely has contact with his father and he has a hard time supporting himself financially. Going through hard times, his desire for ballet fades away. At this time, Sim Deok-Chool appears in front of him.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-tvn-drama-series-navillera

• Like 4

Naviella' Park In-Hwan x Songgang, Priest Bromance Poster Revealed

optimize

optimize

https://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2021022508418232334

Song Kang And Park In Hwan Make An Unlikely Student-Teacher Duo In New Posters For “Navillera”

5aeb88996e8f4bb39cb0032ec9cd6576.jpeg?s=

Feb 25, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Navillera” has unveiled an adorable new poster of Song Kang and Park In Hwan!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” will tell the story of Duk Chool, a man who begins ballet at the age of 70 (played by Park In Hwan), and Chae Rok, a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams (played by Song Kang).

Although Chae Rok possesses extraordinary talent as a ballet dancer, he starts dancing relatively late in his life compared to his peers. As he winds up tasting the bitterness of reality, he loses his way on the road to his dreams—but his life takes an unexpected turn when he meets a one-of-a-kind student.

Meanwhile, Duk Chool is a retired mailman who, in the final chapter of his life, decides to finally pursue his lifelong dream of learning to dance ballet. When he meets Chae Rok as a student, he ends up turning his young teacher’s world upside down.

In the newly released poster, Song Kang wears a cute pout—and a post-it with the message “Find Strength!”—on his face as the unhappy Chae Rok. Park In Hwan, on the other hand, is grinning from ear to ear as the beaming Duk Chool, who affectionately pulls his sulking teacher close.

“Navillera” also shared a webtoon version of the poster, which was drawn by the original webtoon authors HUN and Jimin.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456299wpp/song-kang-and-park-in-hwan-make-an-unlikely-student-teacher-duo-in-new-poster-for-navillera

• Like 4

Song Kang Helps Hong Seung Hee Break Out Of Her Father’s Cage In Upcoming Drama “Navillera”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Navillera” has shared a new sneak peek of its stars Song Kang and Hong Seung Hee in character!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” will tell the story of Duk Chool, a man who begins ballet at the age of 70 (played by Park In Hwan), and Chae Rok, a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams (played by Song Kang).

Although Chae Rok possesses extraordinary talent as a ballet dancer, he starts dancing relatively late in his life compared to his peers. As he winds up tasting the bitterness of reality, he loses his way on the road to his dreams—but his life takes an unexpected turn when he meets a one-of-a-kind student in Duk Chool, who will bring dramatic change to his world.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Song Kang makes a swoon-worthy transformation into gifted dancer Chae Rok. Practicing alone in the studio, the graceful yet muscular Chae Rok practically glows as he breaks a sweat while dancing.

According to the producers of “Navillera,” Song Kang took lessons for half a year to prepare for his role in the drama.

“While Song Kang was filming his ballet scenes, all of the staff on set stopped breathing,” they recalled, “and we were all drawn into his performance. His acting in the ballet scenes, which came about through an enormous amount of practice, is certain to shock viewers as well.”

Song-Kang.jpegSong-Kang-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Song-Kang-3.jpeg

“Navillera” also released a glimpse of leading lady Hong Seung Hee, who will be playing the role of Shim Eun Ho.

The granddaughter of Duk Chool, Eun Ho is a perfectly-behaved model student who has always done exactly as her strict, overbearing father wished. She has worked hard throughout her entire life to live up to her father’s standards, but as she begins to realize that there is no end in sight, she finds herself growing tired of living life trapped inside her father’s hamster wheel.

When Eun Ho meets Chae Rok, who is certain of his own dream and is determined to chase it, she gains the strength to break out of her father’s mold and finally take the reins of her own life.

The newly released photos of Hong Seung Hee capture the actress looking nervous yet determined while working hard as an intern. As Eun Ho’s father’s goal for her is to receive a good performance review from her internship so that she can get a job at a large company, the opportunity is both important and stressful for her at the same time.

Another still shows Eun Ho at the restaurant where Chae Rok also works as a part-timer, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to how they will meet for the first time.

Spoiler

Hong-Seung-Hee.jpegHong-Seung-Hee-2.jpegHong-Seung-Hee-3.jpeg

The producers of “Navillera” commented, “Hong Seung Hee is flawlessly pulling off the role of Shim Eun Ho, switching back and forth from a perfect model student to a young woman in endless agony. The youth of today will be able to relate to her journey of reclaiming her own life and, for the first time, exploring a life that is her own, instead of her father’s plans for her.”

“Navillera” will premiere on March 22 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456874wpp/song-kang-helps-hong-seung-hee-break-out-of-her-fathers-cage-in-upcoming-drama-navillera

• Like 4

Watch: Song Kang And Park In Hwan Take Another Shot At Their Dreams In New “Navillera” Teaser

ef76a25e7a314265bb6aa6a7cb5de9b3.jpeg?s=

Mar 2, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Navillera” released a new teaser that shares a glimpse of Song Kang and Park In Hwan’s journey to achieve their forgotten dreams!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” tells the story of Duk Chool (Park In Hwan), a man who begins ballet at the age of 70, and Chae Rok (Song Kang), a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams.

The teaser begins with Duk Chool saying, “You know, I’ve never done anything I wanted to do.” He gazes longingly at the information about ballet he has collected over the years and throws them in the trash bin to get rid of any lingering affection he has for it. However, he ends up in a ballet studio, and it seems like he’s going to take one last shot at his dreams.

On the other hand, Chae Rok lost his way towards his dreams due to the difficult events in his life. In frustration, he claims, “Maybe your words became a curse, but I can’t live well. I don’t know how I’m going to live, and I don’t even know if tomorrow will come or not.” He lands on the floor of the ballet studio with heavy shoulders and a distressed expression.

Then Duk Chool’s voiceover says, “Chae Rok, you live only once. That’s why I cherish this moment.” Duk Chool works hard towards his new goal, and Chae Rok, who practices ballet next to him, asks, “Why do you want to do ballet?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457104wpp/watch-song-kang-and-park-in-hwan-take-another-shot-at-their-dreams-in-new-navillera-teaser

• Like 2
  • Love 2
March 2 2021

Teaser trailer #3 for tvN drama “Navillera”

Navillera-SM01.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for tvN drama series “Navillera” starring Park In-Hwan & Song Kang. Captions in teaser trailer #3 state (0:10) “Seventy, began challenge” and (0:17) “23, Wandering began.” Narration has Park In-Hwan stating at the beginning of the teaser “I’ve never done what I wanted to do,” followed by Song Kang’s voice (0:09) “I don’t know if what you said is cursed, but I don’t live well. I dont know how to live my life. I don’t know whether I have a tomorrow or not,” (0:18) Park In-Hwan “Chae-Rok, there’s only one life. So this time is precious to me,” 
(0:26) Song Kang “Grandfather, why do you want to do ballet?” Meanwhile, above and below are two special posters for the drama series. Original webcomic writers Jun and Ji-Min drew the second poster.

“Navillera” first airs March 22, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Sim Deok-Chool (Park In-Hwan) has had a life long dreaming of performing ballet. He is 70-years-old and retired from his job as a post office employee. Due to life situations, he put aside his dream of becoming a ballet dancer and worked a normal job to support his family. Now, Sim Deok-Chool makes the decision to pursue his dream again. His family, including his wife and adult children, are not happy with his decision, but Sim Deok-Chool does not waver in pursuing his life long dream. He joins a ballet company to learn ballet. There, he meets Lee Chae-Rok (Song Kang).

Lee Chae-Rok is a 23-year-old man. While growing up, he played different sports like baseball, swimming, and soccer, but he wasn’t talented in any of those activities. He then became interested in ballet. His mother was a ballet dancer, but she died from a disease when Lee Chae-Rok was young. His father later went bankrupt. Lee Chae-Rok learned that he has a talent for ballet, but, after pursuing ballet, he barely has contact with his father and he has a hard time supporting himself financially. Going through hard times, his desire for ballet fades away. At this time, Sim Deok-Chool appears in front of him.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-tvn-drama-navillera

• Like 4

“Navillera” Previews Warm Relationships Between Song Kang And Hong Seung Hee And Park In Hwan And Na Moon Hee

ecb3e0b166e2433f861038c81239c611.jpeg?s=

Mar 3, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “Navillera” has released two new posters of its lead cast!

“Navillera” is a heartwarming drama about a man named Duk Chool who starts ballet at the age of 70 and a young ballerino named Chae Rok who loses sight of his dream at age 23. Based on the webtoon of the same name, it is being directed by Han Dong Hwa (“Squad 38,” “Miss Lee”) and written by Lee Eun Mi (“Tunnel“).

Park In Hwan’s character, Duk Chool, is a retired mailman who decides to go after his long-cherished secret dream of doing ballet. Na Moon Hee plays his wife, Hae Nam, who is a fond mother even after her children are all grown up. Song Kang’s character, Chae Rok, started ballet late but has an exceptional talent. However, he finds himself losing direction because of the harshness of real life. Hong Seung Hee plays Eun Ho, Duk Chool’s granddaughter, who is tired of trying to live up to her father’s endless expectations.

In Park In Hwan and Na Moon Hee’s poster, the two actors show their characters’ warmth and faith in each other as a long-running married couple. Na Moon Hee holds Park In Hwan’s hand tight and says through the caption, “If you want to do this so badly, then I will cheer you on.”

park-in-hwan-na-moon-hee-navillera.jpeg

In Song Kang and Hong Seung Hee’s poster, Song Kang smiles subtly into the distance as Hong Seung Hee looks on. Both of them are on the cusp of their dreams, but losing sight of what happiness means, when they meet each other and feel inspired to take their challenges up again. The caption reads, “Is this, maybe, a date…?”

song-kang-hong-seung-hee-navillera.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457256wpp/navillera-previews-warm-relationships-between-song-kang-and-hong-seung-hee-and-park-in-hwan-and-na-moon-hee

• Like 4

8 March K-Drama Premieres To Ring In Spring 2021

Several much-anticipated K-dramas are making their grand premieres in March!

Here’s what to look forward to this month:

“Navillera”

navillera1.jpg

Cast: Park In Hwan, Song Kang, Na Moon Hee, Hong Seung Hee, Jo Sung Ha, Jung Hae Kyun, Shin Eun Jung, Jung Hee Tae, Kim Soo Jin, Kim Tae Hoon, Yoon Ji Hye, Jo Bok Rae, Kim Kwon, etc.

Premiere Date: March 22

Broadcast Details: Mondays and Tuesdays at 9 p.m. KST on tvN

“Navillera” is a heartwarming drama about Duk Chool (Park In Hwan) who starts ballet at the age of 70 and a young ballerino named Chae Rok (Song Kang) who loses sight of his dream at age 23. Na Moon Hee plays Duk Chool’s wife Hae Nam, who is a fond mother even after her children are all grown up, while Hong Seung Hee plays Duk Chool’s granddaughter Eun Ho, who is tired of trying to live up to her father’s endless expectations. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457272wpp/8-march-k-drama-premieres-to-ring-in-spring-2021

• Like 2

Reclaiming lost dreams in the latest Navillera teaser

by tineybeanie

songkang_navi2.jpg

Song Kang (Sweet Home) and Park In-hwan (Brillant Heritage) co-star in upcoming soul-searching drama Navillera. It’s about the meeting of an elderly man who has always dreamed of ballet and an up-and-coming ballerino who has lost his way in life.

Park In-hwan plays a 70-year-old retired mailman who has always been fascinated by ballet, but who never had the opportunity to pursue it until now. Song Kang plays a 23-year-old ballet prodigy who isn’t sure about his career path anymore. Together, they form an odd mentor-student relationship that ends up helping them heal each other through dance.

The third teaser begins with Park In-hwan staring at an empty dance studio. He takes the collection of ballet-related newspaper scraps he’s carefully assembled over the years and throws it away. He confesses, “I’ve never once done what I really wanted to do.” A vague sense of emptiness pervades as he’s shown alone, sipping at a smoothie in a cafe. Copy reads: “At seventy, a new challenge begins.”

Then begins Song Kang’s part of the teaser. He narrates, “Maybe your words were a curse, but I’m not okay. I’m not living well. I don’t know how to live or whether there’s a tomorrow.” Someone walks toward him from a gated area. Despite spending late night practices drenched in sweat, he looks defeated. He engages in fights, but suddenly the tone of the teaser changes.

Copy reads: “At twenty-three, the wandering begins.” Park In-hwan explains to Song Kang, “I’ve learned that you only live once so this time is precious to me.” Na Mun-hee (Rain or Shine, Dear My Friends) watches from the window sill as her husband Park In-hwan trains his body for ballet. In the sky, copy appears: “On March 22, lost dreams will be found.”

Song Kang stares intently at Park In-hwan as he strains to raise his arms in the dance studio. Song Kang asks, “Grandpa, why do you want to do ballet?” and the teaser ends.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/reclaiming-lost-dreams-in-the-latest-navillera-teaser/

• Like 3