[Drama 2021] Like a Butterfly/ Navillera, 나빌레라

larus

Glad that grandma came around to give the green light for gramps to do ballet. 

His son is insufferable. At least gramps isn't being a burden or is selfish unlike most asian parents who mooch off their kids etc. Poor Eun Ho and Chae Rok being bullied.. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Navillera: Episode 2

by Nat

navillera2-00119.jpg

Becoming a ballerino definitely won’t be easy for our retired mailman, but he’s very determined to achieve his dream. His reluctant teacher is still coming to terms with their new arrangement, but their student-teacher relationship is already brimming with comedy.

EPISODE 2 RECAP

Chae-rok stands appalled at what he’s hearing: he’s been appointed Deok-chul’s ballet teacher. That’s not all—Seung–joo has also decided that Chae-rok needs a manager and Deok-chul is the man to do it. While Chae-rok freaks out, Seung-joo ignores him and tells Deok-chul his duties are to make sure Chae-rok is practicing, taking care of himself, and to report back if Chae-rok does anything foolish.

Deok-chul immediately vows to do his best as Chae-rok lets out a frustrated shout. Seung-joo and Chae-rok carry their argument over into Seung-joo’s office and all Deok-chul can do is listen in uncomfortably. When Chae-rok stubbornly refuses to teach, Seung-joo gives a choice: return to the School of Dance or leave.

Chae-rok caves and finally agrees to do teach on one condition: Deok-chul has to maintain a sus-sous (a ballet form) for one minute–and has one week to prepare. Seung-joo protests that the move is too difficult for him to master in a week, but Chae-rok doesn’t back down, and Deok-chul eagerly agrees. He sounds confident but from the way he grips his bag strap, that might be a bluff.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/navillera-episode-2/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

This is lovely drama! I have been following Song Kang's dramas after I watched Love Alarm, and he has been showing continuous growth in each of his work. He may not be perfect at the moment - but who would be in their early works! - he's growing well and he already has special presence in each work. 

Navillera is such a happy little warm drama with lovely characters. I only read webtoon halfway thru but so far drama's well made and kept the essence of original. I can't wait for the next Monday! 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Park In Hwan studied theatre, so he knows how to express feelings with his face. At 70, it takes more effort to learn ballet, but I am glad he acts in this drama, I already have a high opinion of his amazing acting skills in Brilliant Heritage. His acting is very expressive and to the point.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I knew it. Gramps appears to be suffering from dementia/alzheimers.. 

Eun Ho.. Poor thing.. Her dad is just oy (heavy sigh) Indeed not all hard work pays off & that sucks. I felt for Eun Ho when she said her parents never thought to ask how she was doing.. 

What's the point in climbing the corporate ladder when you end up unhappy? Life's too short to do something you regret I hope Eun Ho's dad sees that. Maybe with gramps falling ill it'd be a wake up call? I hope so~

Grandma was super sweet to feed Chae Rok & letting him have a nap. I kind of want him to be with Eun Ho eventhough it might not happen. 

Geez couldn't Chae Rok walked away instead at the end?! Why did he have to confront that bleached punk?! 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Navillera: Episode 3

by Branwen

navillera03-00104.jpg

In the face of our ballerino-in-training’s unrelenting kindness and determination, a certain surly ballerino’s ice-cold heart is starting to thaw. Coming up against familial adversity and crises of faith, our leads start to inspire and push each other onwards.

EPISODE 3 RECAP

At the billiards hall, Ho-bum is spoiling for a fight with Chae-rok, but it won’t happen on Deok-chul’s watch. He rushes across the room and pulls the boys apart. Momentarily confused, Ho-bum asks who he is to butt in and he laughs to hear Deok-chul is Chae-rok’s manager.

Ho-bum asks Deok-chul if he’s aware that Chae-rok’s father went to prison for assault. He beat Ho-bum up and now Ho-bum blames him — and by extension Chae-rok — for ruining his life. Deok-chul states plainly that Chae-rok didn’t hit him and hasn’t done anything wrong, and Chae-rok stares at him wide-eyed.

Ho-bum stops them when they try to leave, mockingly saying that he’ll pay for the food if Chae-rok dances ballet on a billiards table. Deok-chul tries to pull them apart as they shove at each other.

navillera3-00024.jpg

Before things can escalate any further Deok-chul pushes between them, shouting that he’ll dance instead. In the moment of shocked silence that follows, he quickly issues a bet on a game of billiards: if Ho-bum wins Deok-chul will dance, if Deok-chul wins Ho-bum has to apologize to Chae-rok.

Deok-chul’s very good at billiards and Chae-rok looks on impressed as he beats Ho-bum easily. Ho-bum throws the money for the food on the table and stalks off, without apologizing.

On their way out of the building, Deok-chul claims to have lost his phone and sends Chae-rok on ahead while he goes back for it. He goes over to where Ho-bum’s eating and tells him that he’s misjudged the type of person Chae-rok is, and that he should leave him alone. “Chae-rok is going to soar like an eagle.” Ho-bum stares at him, stunned, while Chae-rok listens from the doorway, hidden from sight.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/04/navillera-episode-3/

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Hey chingus! :dorakiss:

So am trying to catch up on this drama after @joccu and @nrllee recommended it to me. I made it to ep 4 yesterday, but still need to catch up with this week's episodes.

In any case, am really finding it quite cute and heartfelt. Haraboji is my favorite person in the drama. :love: Such a sweetheart! :heartxoxo:

I am very worried that haraboji is showing signs of Alzheimer's. I just want him to achieve his dream and be happy for a long time. Please don't let haraboji die in the end. :criesariver:

The only thing I am not loving about this drama is the love line. I think it's unnecessary and it would be much better if they would have left it out. Not every drama needs to have romance, you know. I would rather that they focus on the leads instead.

Otherwise I am enjoying it a lot. :kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

This is really pulling my heartstrings. :love:  I been loving this drama so far. I love grandpa.  like other I do fear that he got alzheimer/dementia.  But I hope I'm wrong and we don't go that trational health problem trope. 

I really loved yesterday scenes when CR was in the grandpa and grandma house. :love:

Like @partyon I also do not like the love line plot that they are throwing at us but I do hope it is the minimum side. I' m more into CR and grandpa journey.

I do wonder what is grandpa younger son up to?  He's saying that he's filming a documentary but what? Does he know that he's father is ill or is he ill? 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Ahh...no wonder this drama is so good.  The screen writer is the same person who wrote Tunnel.  I loved Tunnel.   Tunnel was a hard drama to get right and she got it right (the cast was stellar).  If Tunnel is anything to go by, I have confidence that she will work her magic here right to the end.  :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Oh so happy to see some familiar faces here. I started watching because I needed a break from too-dark "Mouse" and this took over, completely.

@nrlleeIt's nicely written and that is why I got hooked so quickly. No surprise that it is such a good writer. "Tunnel" was great and so coherent till the end.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Ahh...no wonder this drama is so good.  The screen writer is the same person who wrote Tunnel.  I loved Tunnel.   Tunnel was a hard drama to get right and she got it right (the cast was stellar).  If Tunnel is anything to go by, I have confidence that she will work her magic here right to the end.  :)

Oh wow, I did not know it was the same screenwriter. I absolutely adored Tunnel! :love:

I have faith that the writer will be able to pull together a nice story in this one too. I just hope that we don't get a sad ending.

Please writer, give us a happy ending.....

parks and recreation please GIF

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1