[Drama 2021] Like a Butterfly/ Navillera, 나빌레라

larus

Reclaiming lost dreams in the latest Navillera teaser

by tineybeanie

songkang_navi2.jpg

Song Kang (Sweet Home) and Park In-hwan (Brillant Heritage) co-star in upcoming soul-searching drama Navillera. It’s about the meeting of an elderly man who has always dreamed of ballet and an up-and-coming ballerino who has lost his way in life.

Park In-hwan plays a 70-year-old retired mailman who has always been fascinated by ballet, but who never had the opportunity to pursue it until now. Song Kang plays a 23-year-old ballet prodigy who isn’t sure about his career path anymore. Together, they form an odd mentor-student relationship that ends up helping them heal each other through dance.

The third teaser begins with Park In-hwan staring at an empty dance studio. He takes the collection of ballet-related newspaper scraps he’s carefully assembled over the years and throws it away. He confesses, “I’ve never once done what I really wanted to do.” A vague sense of emptiness pervades as he’s shown alone, sipping at a smoothie in a cafe. Copy reads: “At seventy, a new challenge begins.”

Then begins Song Kang’s part of the teaser. He narrates, “Maybe your words were a curse, but I’m not okay. I’m not living well. I don’t know how to live or whether there’s a tomorrow.” Someone walks toward him from a gated area. Despite spending late night practices drenched in sweat, he looks defeated. He engages in fights, but suddenly the tone of the teaser changes.

Copy reads: “At twenty-three, the wandering begins.” Park In-hwan explains to Song Kang, “I’ve learned that you only live once so this time is precious to me.” Na Mun-hee (Rain or Shine, Dear My Friends) watches from the window sill as her husband Park In-hwan trains his body for ballet. In the sky, copy appears: “On March 22, lost dreams will be found.”

Song Kang stares intently at Park In-hwan as he strains to raise his arms in the dance studio. Song Kang asks, “Grandpa, why do you want to do ballet?” and the teaser ends.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/reclaiming-lost-dreams-in-the-latest-navillera-teaser/

• Like 2

Song Kang And Park In Hwan Share Their Hopes For Upcoming Drama “Navillera” And More

789294403d0a461b891b8ca0082d5816.jpeg?s=

Mar 5, 2021
by E. Cha

In a recent interview and pictorial for 1st Look magazine, Song Kang and Park In Hwan showcased their off-camera chemistry and chatted about their upcoming drama “Navillera”!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, tvN’s “Navillera” will tell the story of Duk Chool, a man who begins ballet at the age of 70 (played by Park In Hwan), and Chae Rok, a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams (played by Song Kang).

Although Chae Rok possesses extraordinary talent as a ballet dancer, he starts dancing relatively late in his life compared to his peers. He initially loses his way after tasting the bitterness of reality, but his life takes an unexpected turn when he meets a one-of-a-kind student in Duk Chool: a retired mailman who, in the final chapter of his life, decides to finally pursue his lifelong dream of learning to dance ballet.

Expressing his fondness for the drama, Park In Hwan remarked that meeting the character of Duk Chool was one of the biggest blessings of his life.

“At my age, my physical fitness and flexibility are lacking, so it was tough learning ballet,” he confessed. “But I was happy and grateful to be able to tell a warm story and emerge intact.”

Song-Kang-Park-In-Hwan.jpeg

Park In Hwan also pointed out that “Navillera” shows us how each and every day can be a journey of growth, bringing up one of Duk Chool’s iconic lines: “I, too, want to try flying for once in my life.” He added that he hoped many people would gain courage and joy from watching his character’s story.

Meanwhile, Song Kang shared his thoughts on the incredibly busy schedule that has come with his rising popularity. He revealed that instead of feeling exhausted by his hectic schedule, he’s actually enjoying being so busy.

The actor went on to explain that “Navillera” had been just the kind of project he was looking for. “I’d been waiting for a warm and moving story like this, and then I happened to come across ‘Navillera,'” he recalled. “I’m learning a lot on set, and I’m really enjoying acting in the drama.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1457627wpp/song-kang-and-park-in-hwan-share-their-hopes-for-upcoming-drama-navillera-and-more

• Like 2

Song Kang And Park In Hwan Prove It’s Never Too Late To Chase Your Dreams In Upcoming Drama “Navillera”

34702a186fc441a2a1f91f9c9b074a91.jpeg?s=

Mar 13, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN has shared a new sneak peek of its upcoming drama “Navillera”!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” will tell the story of Duk Chool, a man who begins ballet at the age of 70 (played by Park In Hwan), and Chae Rok, a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams (played by Song Kang).

Although Chae Rok possesses extraordinary talent as a ballet dancer, he starts dancing relatively late in his life compared to his peers. As he winds up tasting the bitterness of reality, he loses his way on the road to his dreams—but his life takes an unexpected turn when he meets a one-of-a-kind student.

Meanwhile, Duk Chool is a retired mailman who, in the final chapter of his life, decides to finally pursue his lifelong dream of learning to dance ballet. When he meets Chae Rok as a student, the two men overcome their 47-year age gap to inspire one another as friends.

The producers of the drama commented, “‘Navillera’ is a story about ordinary people never losing hope, even amidst the prejudices of others, and rising to fly towards their dreams.”

They went on to add, “The 70-year-old student and 23-year-old teacher will overcome their 47-year age gap and empathize with one another through ballet as they attempt to achieve their dreams. The coming-of-age story that they write together will be even more relatable and heartfelt than the original webtoon.”

Song-Kang2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1459036wpp/song-kang-and-park-in-hwan-prove-its-never-too-late-to-chase-your-dreams-in-upcoming-drama-navillera

• Thanks 1

Watch: Song Kang, Park In Hwan, And More Weather Hardships Together In Heartwarming “Navillera” Highlight Teaser

dfa2cf61772a47518763962e0be9c6ec.jpeg?s=

Mar 17, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s upcoming drama “Navillera” released a new highlight video!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” is about Shim Duk Chool (Park In Hwan), who begins ballet at the age of 70, and Lee Chae Rok (Song Kang), a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams.

The new highlight video begins with Shim Duk Chool celebrating his 70th birthday with his family. He shares, “I’ve never done something I wanted to do. At least now, I’m trying to do what I want to do.” After getting inspired by a “Swan Lake” performance, he watches Lee Chae Rok practice from afar. When Lee Chae Rok asks, “Why are you staring at me?” Shim Duk Chool replies, “I want to do ballet.”

Lee Chae Rok also seems to be struggling with his own set of problems when he receives a call from his father, who has just been released from prison. Lee Chae Rok comments, “I realized for the first time after seeing ballet. I want to try flying once too.”

Unexpectedly, Lee Chae Rok suddenly becomes Shim Duk Chool’s teacher in ballet. Although Lee Chae Rok bursts out in anger, his coach explains that Shim Duk Chool will be his new manager. Shim Duk Chool begins to carry out his duties by waking Lee Chae Rok up in the morning and taking notes in his notebook. When Lee Chae Rok sees what Shim Duk Chool has written, he asks, “When did I get angry?”

Shim Duk Chool’s wife Choi Hae Nam (Na Moon Hee) also gets suspicious of him, and she begins to feel frustrated since her children don’t want to reciprocate her affection. Shim Duk Chool advises her to do what she wants now, but Choi Hae Nam asks if she should just quit being a mother and his wife. The teaser also introduces Shim Eun Ho (Hong Seung Hee), who continues to persevere in her career despite mistreatment.

Finally, Lee Chae Rok begins to help Shim Duk Chool while asking why he wants to learn ballet at his age. Shim Duk Chool responds, “I also wanted to fly once before I die.” As Lee Chae Rok appears to hit a wall in progress, Shim Duk Chool continues to praise him and believe in him.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1459586wpp/watch-song-kang-park-in-hwan-and-more-weather-hardships-together-in-heartwarming-navillera-highlight-teaser

• Like 2

Park In-hwan pursues his passion for ballet at age 70

by tineybeanie

parkihsongkang.jpg

New stills and a teaser for Navillera, featuring Park In-hwan (Brilliant Heritage) and Song Kang (Love Alarm 2), have been released. This drama tells the story of a seventy-year-old retiree finally pursuing his dreams of ballet and a twenty-three-year-old ballerino regaining his passion for the art despite life’s vicissitudes.

The teaser begins with Park In-hwan’s seventieth birthday party. After he blows out the candles, a young woman asks him, “What did you wish for?” Na Mun-hee (Dear My Friends), playing his wife, answers for him, “To live without any illnesses and pass away. Isn’t that right, honey?” As she turns to him, his expression says that he might not fully agree.

Park In-hwan’s narration begins: “My days are too long. I don’t know what to do.” He finds a poster of Swan Lake, the ballet. His friend encourages him, “This is the time. Do what you want to do.” Park In-hwan attends the performance, and his eyes alight with joy.

We switch over to Song Kang, where a bunch of no-good ballerinos led by Kim Kwon (Leverage) come up to him and rile him up, “There’s a rumor your father’s getting out of prison. But you don’t have any right to live a good life.” His father calls Song Kang from a payphone, and Song Kang denies his existence.

Narration from Song Kang’s acquaintance sternly reminds him, “The national [ballet] auditions are right around the corner. Get your head together.” He falls and collapses in the dance studio, completely worn out. He sees Park In-hwan watching him from the corner, and frustratedly yells, “Grandpa, what are you doing here? You were here last time too. Why do you keep watching me?” Park In-hwan tells Song Kang, “Because I want to dance ballet.”

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/seventynav2.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/park-in-hwan-pursues-his-passion-for-ballet-at-age-70/

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Like a Butterfly/ Navillera, 나빌레라 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST

I feel like I got kicked with feels. The grandpa's story makes me whimper like I stubbed my toe. Episode 1 was def off to a good start. It's a nice, simple drama to watch while getting some work done and doesn't get my brows scrunched up from all the thinking that all the ongoing murder mysteries require. Not much concerns too since it's a faster 12 episode story. Pls don't kill the gramps or I'm going to head to the corner and cry a decade.

Adventure Time Reaction GIF

• Like 5

This is such a beautiful, heartwarming drama!  If you know me, my posts here are in threads on detective mystery investigation series like Mouse or Beyond Evil.

But this series gives me the feels.  So. 2 I was laughing a lot, ep 1 I shed tears.  I am loving the relationship between grandpa and Chaero.  Lovely show. :) this deserves more views

• Like 2

Navillera: Episode 1

by Branwen

navillera01a-00006.jpg

tvN’s webcomic adaptation Navillera gets off to a promising, heart-felt start as it introduces its two main characters: an old man who dreamed of becoming a ballet dancer before life got in the way, and a young ballerino who’s losing his passion for dance.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

HIM DEOK-CHUL (Park In-hwan) sits with friends in a funeral hall. One of their circle has passed away, and they lament that there seems to be fewer of them every time they meet up nowadays.

Deok-chul is turning 70 and has decided to give up alcohol for his health. Conversation turns to bemoaning the pitfalls of old age: the long boring days of retirement, their declining health and strength, and the feeling that their time is running out. They ask themselves why they aren’t more upset at their friend’s death, and Deok-chul remarks, “As you get older, you get used to goodbyes.”

After leaving the funeral hall, Deok-chul gets a call from a friend telling him to bring alcohol. Emerging from a shop, he hears classical music playing and follows the sound to a dance studio where a male ballet dancer is practicing alone.

Deok-chul watches him dance through the window, entranced. As LEE CHAE-ROK (Song Kang) strikes his last pose he catches a glimpse of Deok-chul watching him in the mirror, but when he turns around he only sees Deok-chul’s back as he hurries away.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/navillera-episode-1/

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I don't understand Deok Chuls wife. At that age why are you still worrying what other people think? To the point you're cutting up your husband's clothes without trying to understand why he's taken up ballet, and constantly harassing one of your kids because he chose a different career path than the one you had planned. Worrying about what other people think about you or your family is something I'd hope not to be a factor by that age. Surely you'd just be wanting everyone to be happy as you'd have had enough life experience to know what's important and what is not. She doesn't seem to be an awful person, so there must be something else to her intense reaction. I hope there is anyway. If not, cutting his tights up and telling him he can't do it seems quite over the top about an interest a retired person has taken up.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1