[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

Park Bo Young Talks About Her Role And Working With Seo In Guk, SF9’s Dawon, And More In “Doom At Your Service”

dda0b85708f8448ebc219509e06c7cda.jpeg?s=

Apr 22, 2021
by D. Kim

Park Bo Young has more insight into her new drama “Doom at Your Service”!

The upcoming fantasy romance drama is about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. It is written by Im Me Ah Ri of “Beauty Inside” and directed by Kwon Young Il of “My Unfamiliar Family.”

Ahead of the premiere, Park Bo Young took time for an interview with the production team.

On why she chose this drama, Park Bo Young responded, “The most important factors when I am choosing a project are if it is interesting to me, how emotionally touching it is, and if it makes me curious about what happens next. I liked ‘Doom at Your Service’ based on those factors, and more than anything, I really wanted to work with writer Im Me Ah Ri and director Kwon Young Il, so I chose it without hesitation.”

Regarding her character, Park Bo Young shared, “Dong Kyung only has 100 days left to live, and I think her charms are shown in her process of filling up the remaining parts of her life. It is impressive how she frankly and confidently makes decisions that would have been difficult if I was in that same position.” She added, “It’s fun because overall Dong Kyung has many similarities in personality with me.”

The actress went on to explain that it was difficult expressing Dong Kyung’s situation of not having much time to live as it was difficult for her to imagine. “So I wanted to relay to viewers when and what causes Dong Kyung to feel her desire to live, and I am acting while focusing on that aspect.”

park-bo-young-1.jpeg

When asked about working with the other actors, Park Bo Young revealed that they all have amazing teamwork. About Seo In Guk, who plays her romantic interest, she commented, “While watching actor Seo In Guk’s acting in the past, I thought that we might meet in a project someday, and I am so glad we got to meet in ‘Doom at Your Service’ as Dong Kyung and Myul Mang.”

She shared that there is endless laughter on set when acting with Lee Soo Hyuk, who plays her co-worker Cha Joo Ik, as they have great chemistry. On working with Shin Do Hyun, who plays Na Ji Na, Park Bo Young said, “I am older than her in real life but younger than her in the drama, so we are having fun working together while joking around a lot also.” She added about SF9’s Dawon, “I am working really well on set with actor Dawon, who plays my younger brother Sun Kyung, to the point that it makes me think that it would feel like this if I actually had a younger brother.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1465444wpp/park-bo-young-talks-about-her-role-working-with-seo-in-guk-sf9s-dawon-and-more-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 5

Seo In Guk Dishes On His Chemistry With Park Bo Young + Why He Was Drawn To New Fantasy Romance Drama “Doom At Your Service”

4ee92e92372541e4a3b557547dcf7d8d.jpeg?s=

Apr 24, 2021
by E. Cha

Seo In Guk has shared his thoughts on his highly-anticipated new drama “Doom at Your Service”!

“Doom at Your Service” is an upcoming tvN fantasy romance drama about a supernatural being named Myul Mang, who causes everything he touches to vanish (played by Seo In Guk), and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung, who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate (played by Park Bo Young).

Notably, “Doom at Your Service” also marks Seo In Guk’s first starring role in a drama in nearly three years. Explaining why he had chosen the drama for his long-awaited return to the small screen, the actor recalled, “The script and character were both so appealing. I was drawn to the premise itself, the idea that ‘the being who is the reason why things disappear has fallen in love.'”

However, as a mysterious and complicated supernatural being, the character of Myul Mang proved to be no easy role. “[Myul Mang’s] range of emotions was always a concern for me,” confessed Seo In Guk. “In my acting, I’m mainly focusing on expressing the emotions that come with Myul Mang’s age—though we don’t know how old he is—while repressing the boredom and coldness with which he approaches everything.”

He added, “The director and writer told me that they’d like Myul Mang to be a character who encompasses every type of charm, who is cool and sexy and naive and cute and frosty at the same time.”

Seo-In-Guk-21.jpg

Seo In Guk went on to praise his co-star Park Bo Young, sharing, “I had previously heard a lot about actress Park Bo Young from a director that I’m close with. So I’d thought, ‘We’ll probably end up working together at some point, right?’ I’m happy that we ended up working together through ‘Doom at Your Service.'”

“While working with her,” he continued, “I thought to myself that she’s a born actress from whom I have a lot to learn.”

Seo In Guk also expressed confidence in their on-screen chemistry, revealing, “The director told us, ‘The chemistry between Myul Mang and Dong Kyung really shines on screen,’ so I’m currently filming happily.”

Seo-In-Guk.jpg

As for the scene he’s most looking forward to watching, Seo In Guk teased, “You’ll be able to see a new and dangerous charm when Myul Mang goes about his work as the being who administers all death.”

Finally, the actor remarked, “‘Doom at Your Service’ is an extremely powerful and unique fantasy romance. Because it has everything, from beautiful and delightful stories to sad stories, I hope that you will show a lot of love for Myul Mang and Dong Kyung’s romance with a 100-day limit.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1465798wpp/seo-in-guk-dishes-on-his-chemistry-with-park-bo-young-why-he-was-drawn-to-new-fantasy-romance-drama-doom-at-your-service

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Watch: Seo In Guk, Park Bo Young, Lee Soo Hyuk, And More Share What To Anticipate In “Doom At Your Service”

24adc60226004e5ebc41bc353dfc5999.jpeg?s=

Apr 26, 2021
by S. Nam

The cast of tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” raised anticipation for the upcoming drama!

“Doom at Your Service” is an new tvN fantasy romance drama about a supernatural being named Myul Mang, who causes everything he touches to vanish (played by Seo In Guk), and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung, who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate (played by Park Bo Young).

Seo In Guk shares, “A point to look out for in the drama is the meeting of Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk. I personally think our chemistry is great. We’re having a really fun time filming. According to the director, our chemistry really shines through the screen, so I’ve gained a lot of confidence, and I’m filming happily.”

Seo In Guk adds that another element to look forward to will be the love triangle between Cha Joo Ik (Lee Soo Hyuk), Na Ji Na (Shin Do Hyun), and Lee Hyun Kyu (Kang Tae Oh). Finally, the actor shares that the synergy between director Kwon Young Il of “My Unfamiliar Family” and Im Me Ah Ri of “Beauty Inside” will also be very special. He shares, “Our scriptwriter Im Me Ah Ri’s lines and storytelling feel sentimental and beautiful, while director Kwon Young Il is famous for having trendy and sensible directing, so I’m also looking forward to it.”

The actors also use hashtags to describe points to look forward to in the drama. Park Bo Young uses “person,” and although she tries to explain, she is censored because her explanation contains spoilers. Seo In Guk picks “the sound of the heart” as his hashtag. He shares, “Even if it wasn’t sincere, everyone must have at least once thought, ‘I wish it would fall to doom.'” Although he continues to explain, the rest of his thoughts are also censored because they contain spoilers.

Meanwhile, Lee Soo Hyuk is unable to think of a hashtag right away. After pondering for a long time, he suggests “doom.” He explains that the word is very meaningful because it’s a thought that everyone has had at least once and because it’s also the premise of the story and main character.

Shin Do Hyun chooses “heart-fluttering ending” as her hashtag. She explains that there is a shocking moment at the end of each episode, and she specifically picks out the ending of episode 3 with Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang. Finally, Kang Tae Oh shares that he has resolved to show viewers a good drama and expresses his hopes for them to love “Doom at Your Service.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465960wpp/watch-seo-in-guk-park-bo-young-lee-soo-hyuk-and-more-share-what-to-anticipate-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 5

Kang Tae Oh, Lee Soo Hyuk, And Shin Do Hyun Are Intertwined In A Love Triangle In “Doom At Your Service”

47af04c3518c4ef8bc6255caf855e2ae.jpeg?s=

Apr 26, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s upcoming drama “Doom at Your Service” released a new poster starring Lee Soo Hyuk, Kang Tae Oh, and Shin Do Hyun!

“Doom at Your Service” is an new tvN fantasy romance drama about a supernatural being named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish , and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate.

Lee Soo Hyuk plays Cha Joo Ik, the head editor at a web novel publishing company called Life Story where Tak Dong Kyung works. One day, he appears in front of Na Ji Na (Shin Do Hyun), a beautiful web novelist, with a powerful impression akin to the end of the world. Along with Lee Hyun Kyu (Kang Tae Oh), who is Cha Joo Ik’s housemate and the man who gave Na Ji Na regrets about first love, the three will be caught up in a heart-fluttering love triangle.

On April 26, the drama released a new poster of Cha Joo Ik, Na Ji Na, and Lee Hyun Kyu. Although the three people look towards different directions, they seem to be wary of each other’s presence.

Cha Joo Ik has his back turned towards Lee Hyun Kyu while exuding a cold atmosphere. However, Cha Joo Ik’s sharp gaze hints that he’s conscious of Lee Hyun Kyu’s presence. Meanwhile, Lee Hyun Kyu faces towards a completely different direction from Na Ji Na. His downcast gaze appears to harbor deep regret. Finally, Na Ji Na perfectly conceals her feelings with a closed expression, making viewers even more curious to learn about her thoughts as Na Ji Na unintentionally becomes the center of a heated love triangle.

Kang-Tae-Oh-Lee-Soo-Hyuk-Shin-Do-Hyun.jp

https://www.soompi.com/article/1466011wpp/kang-tae-oh-lee-soo-hyuk-and-shin-do-hyun-are-intertwined-in-a-love-triangle-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 3

Watch: Park Bo Young And Seo In Guk Fall In Love In An Impossible Situation In Heartbreaking Teaser For “Doom At Your Service”

1358da0bcd3f4a8286f9885e898b9fe7.jpeg?s=

Apr 27, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN has shared an intriguing new teaser for its highly-anticipated drama “Doom at Your Service”!

“Doom at Your Service” is an upcoming fantasy romance drama about a supernatural being named Myul Mang, who causes everything he touches to vanish (played by Seo In Guk), and a woman named Tak Dong Myung, who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate (played by Park Bo Young).

In the newly released teaser, which shares a sneak peek of the star-crossed couple’s heart-wrenching love story, Tak Dong Myung asks Myul Mang with an air of resignation, “Am I going to die?”

Both caracter go on to curse their fates, with Myul Mang remarking, “Everyone either blames me or wants me,” while Tak Dong Myung exclaims in frustration, “Why in the world does it have to be me, out of all people?!”

After the pair falls in love against all odds, Tak Dong Myung is faced with an impossible decision. She tells Myul Mang, “If I kill you, I don’t think I can go on living happily afterwards.” Myul Mang replies, “So choose. The world, or you.”

“Doom at Your Service” premieres on May 10 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1466252wpp/watch-park-bo-young-and-seo-in-guk-fall-in-love-in-an-impossible-situation-in-heartbreaking-teaser-for-doom-at-your-service

• Like 4

April 27 2021

Teaser trailer 5 for tvN drama “Doom at Your Service”

Doom_At_Your_Service-SCSP01.jpeg

Teaser trailer #5 added for tvN drama series “Doom at Your Service” starring Park Bo-Young and Seo In-Guk. The teaser trailer’s narration goes (0:01) Park Bo-Young “Am I dying,” (0:02) Seo In-Guk “Everybody either resents me or wants me,” (0:03) Park Bo-Young “Why me,” (0:07) Park Bo-Young “I don’t have confidence to live happily even after I kill you,” (0:11) Seo In-Guk “So choose .. the world and you.”

“Doom at Your Service” first airs May 10, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Dong-Kyeong (Park Bo-Young) is an editor for a web novel company. Myeol-Mang (Seo In-Guk), suddenly appears in her ordinary life. She makes a 100 day contract with Myeol-Mang, risking her life and her love.

Myeol-Mang is the existence of a middle manager between God and humans. He makes a contract with Dong-Kyeong.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-5-for-tvn-drama-doom-at-your-service

• Like 4

Park Bo Young Struggles To Make It Through Tough Times In “Doom At Your Service”

d85647e444be442aa87f89cc9ec6007b.jpeg?s=

Apr 29, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Doom at Your Service” has released new stills of Park Bo Young!

“Doom at Your Service” is about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate.

Tak Dong Kyung is a character who only has 100 days to live, and she makes a risky contract with a mysterious figure to change her fate. She lives a normal life without any grand dreams, but she tries to make the most of it before she dies. Park Bo Young will captivate viewers by delicately portraying the confident and lovely charms of her new character.

On April 29, the drama unveiled new stills of Tak Dong Kyung experiencing an unlucky day. In the first photo, her eyes are wide with surprise as she learns she only has 100 days to live. If that wasn’t horrible enough, she ends up in the pouring rain without an umbrella. Despite the long day, she keeps a smile on her face as she sits in front of a table filled with seaweed soup and cake, and it’s almost as if she’s celebrating someone’s birthday. Her expression turns into one of longing as she strokes a pictures frame in front of her.

park-bo-young-11.jpg

The production team shared, “Viewers will fall in love with Tak Dong Kyung’s positive energy as she remains bold and lively despite the unbelievable reality of having only 100 days to live and a day where nothing goes her way. Please look forward to the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1466525wpp/park-bo-young-struggles-to-make-it-through-tough-times-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 4

“Doom At Your Service” Shares Sneak Peek At Relationships Between Characters

Apr 30, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “Doom at Your Service” has released a character relationship chart ahead of its premiere!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate.

The relationship chart puts Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young’s characters at the center. Instead of listing his age, like the other human characters, Seo In Guk’s character has a question mark next to the name “Myul Mang,” which literally means “doom” or “ruin” in Korean, hinting at a mysterious past. His relationship with the 28-year-old Tak Dong Kyung is described as “a contract with one’s life on the line.” Myul Mang has no other connections except with Jung Ji So’s character, described as a young female goddess with a question mark instead of her age.

Tak Dong Kyung has a younger brother named Tak Sun Kyung, played by SF9’s Dawon, a perennial job seeker who is always asking his sister for money. Woo Hee Jin plays Kang Soo Ja, the siblings’ aunt.

Lee Soo Hyuk, Shin Do Hyun, and Kang Tae Oh’s characters have the most complex set of relationships in the drama. Lee Soo Hyuk plays Cha Joo Ik, Tak Dong Kyung’s co-worker at the editing office of a web novel publishing company called Life Story. She describes him as “that guy who is full of himself,” while he retorts with, “Kids these days…” Shin Do Hyun plays Na Ji Na, a web novelist at the company, and her relationship with Cha Joo Ik is described as “a contract with money on the line.” Na Ji Na is also close friends with Tak Dong Kyung. Kang Tae Oh plays Lee Hyun Kyu, a café owner. His relationship with Cha Joo Ik is described as “tutor-student at a private school,” while his relationship with Na Ji Na is described as “probably first love” on both sides.

doom-at-your-service-1.jpeg

The drama also introduced a fun supporting cast, including Park Chang Shin (Song Jin Woo), the CEO of Life Story, and Jo Ye Ji (Song Ju Hee), Kim Da In (Choi So Yoon), and Park Jung Min (Park Tae In), editors at Life Story. Other web novelists at Life Story include Jung Dang Myun (Lee Seung Joon), Ji Jo King (Heo Jae Ho), Gwi Gong Ja (Nam Da Reum), Dal Go Na (Oh Yeon Ah), and Siberia (Son Woo Hyun). (Web novelists often use pen names for work.)

doom-at-your-service-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1466646wpp/doom-at-your-service-shares-sneak-peek-at-relationships-between-characters

• Like 3

Watch: Park Bo Young Prays For Ruin And Gets Romance Instead In “Doom At Your Service” Preview538bfac1796a44d1bdbc271d7133de0d.jpeg?s=

May 3, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN has shared the preview for the first episode of their upcoming drama “Doom at Your Service”!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate.

In the preview, Myul Mang and Tak Dong Kyung are both on the edge of despair. Myul Mang has lost hope in the world and in humanity, asking, “Do you know how many stars vanish every moment?” Tak Dong Kyung, who only has a short time left to live, wonders, “Will it hurt a lot?” In anger, she looks down at the city and calls out for ruin.

Instead, she gets Myul Mang (whose name means “ruin” in Korean). She doesn’t believe what he says at first, but then strange incidents begin to happen like the ground crumbling to dust beneath her feet. She demands why he chose her, and he says, “You’re special to me.”

Meanwhile, Cha Joo Ik (Lee Soo Hyuk), Na Ji Na (Shin Do Hyun), and Lee Hyun Kyu (Kang Tae Oh) are stuck in a love triangle. Cha Joo Ik is known as the “master of first kisses” and proves it as he kisses a mysterious woman under an umbrella in the rain. When asked what he’d do if he was granted a wish, he responds smoothly, “I’d wish to share a deep love with you. Isn’t that how all romance starts?”

Finally, the preview introduces a dramatic condition to the contract that Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang make. “What happens if I break the contract?” she asks, and he says, “Then someone else will die instead of you. The person you love most at that moment.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467205wpp/watch-park-bo-young-prays-for-ruin-and-gets-romance-instead-in-doom-at-your-service-preview

• Like 3

Seo In Guk And Lee Soo Hyuk Live In Different Worlds But Work For The Same Goal In New Heist Movie

cbb2659c7b5c4f4b87e58d72c1b3b1f5.jpeg?s=

May 3, 2021
by C. Hong

Seo In Guk and Lee Soo Hyuk’s new movie “Pipeline” has released new stills of the main cast!

“Pipeline” is a movie about a group of thieves and bandits who risk life and limb, hoping to turn their lives around, for an oil heist. Seo In Guk stars as Pindol, the best drilling technician in Korea, and Lee Soo Hyuk stars as Gun Woo, the wealthy mastermind.

In the new stills, Seo In Guk shows a tougher and more charismatic side than he usually does as the lead in romance or rom-com dramas. Although he’s prickly around people, there’s no one more serious than he is when it comes to drilling. Lee Soo Hyuk shows a completely contrasting image as the heir to a major corporation who masterminds the heist with 30 billion won (about $27 million) on the line.

seo-in-guk-pipeline.jpeg

Eum Moon Suk, Tae Hang Ho, Yoo Seung Mok, and Bae Da Bin round out the main cast as Jeobsae, a professional welder; Keunsab, a human excavator; Section Chief Na, an expert in underground geography; and Counter, a quick-thinking watcher.

Although they come from different walks of life, this ragtag team shows a unique chemistry dressed in matching work clothes and running for their lives from unknown adversaries in the tunnels underground.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1467218wpp/seo-in-guk-and-lee-soo-hyuk-live-in-different-worlds-but-work-for-the-same-goal-in-new-heist-movie

• Like 1