[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

Watch: Park Bo Young And Seo In Guk Are Scaredy Cats While Filming “Doom At Your Service”

f9c99b32508d409ea095fe2793e54e05.jpeg?s=

May 20, 2021
by S. Cho

The cast of “Doom at Your Service” continue to show off their close chemistry in new behind-the-scenes clips!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a supernatural being named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. When Tak Dong Kyung finds out that she has only 100 days left to live, she angrily calls for the world to be ruined—which unexpectedly brings to her doorstep the supernatural being Myul Mang, whose name is the literal Korean word for “ruin” or “destruction.”

Spoilers

On May 19, tvN uploaded a making-of video for episodes 3 and 4. The first scene is with Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk, and SF9’s Dawon, who plays Tak Dong Kyung’s younger brother Tak Sun Kyung. They are both shocked to discover Myul Mang lying in Tak Dong Kyung’s bed, and Myul Mang responds brightly to their surprise with aegyo (cute expressions). Once they’re done shooting, Seo In Guk embarrassedly comments, “Please edit it out. Keep it for yourself.”

Ahead of a romantic close-contact scene with Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk explains that everyone has weaknesses, and his is getting cold easily. He hilariously earns a light tap on the forehead from Park Bo Young after forgetting his lines, and when the director proudly yells “Cut!” he shyly asks, “Did my legs come out?” revealing that he had his knees up the whole time.

The pair then films on a rooftop, and Seo In Guk is shocked at the height of the building. The director instructs them to look at each other rather than look down and explains that the scene would be better if Myul Mang could confidently straighten his knees.

Knowing he’s afraid of heights, Park Bo Young tries to let Seo In Guk down first, but he insists she go first. She tries walking away, but he quickly makes sure she helps him down too. Seo In Guk explains, “I also hate that my eyes naturally gravitate towards the ground without me noticing.”

Park Bo Young is filming with Lee Soo Hyuk when the director suggests how aggressively he should approach the scene. Park Bo Young then chimes in to say, “Even if [Lee Soo Hyuk] were to do that, he’d probably still be really handsome.”

To prove to Tak Dong Kyung that Myul Mang cannot die, Seo In Guk prepares a gun for his next scene. As soon as it’s handed to him, he immediately turns into a scaredy cat, making sure it’s not loaded while all the staff members call out, “It’s not going to fire.”

They quickly rehearse for the scene where Tak Dong Kyung gets stabbed after blocking Myul Mang’s body, and Park Bo Young comments while hiding in Seo In Guk’s shirt, “I’ll just have to stay like this because I’m scared. Yes!” After monitoring the scene, Park Bo Young remarks about herself, “What is she trying to accomplish with that tiny body? But the timing was good.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1470118wpp/watch-park-bo-young-and-seo-in-guk-are-scaredy-cats-while-filming-doom-at-your-service

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 3
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the trick to watch this drama is to watch it on metaphysical level?  Because that is what the writer is trying to explore here.  I know the visuals of our leads makes it difficult but all the

Oh my Heart can’t take their sweetness       

She’s unusual isn’t she?  That fact that she treated life and death the same.  It inevitably lends meaning to everything she does on a day to day basis?  With the diagnosis of impending death, most pe

@partyon  well I still haven't watched the 4 episode.  And in the 3 FF some scenes so not really liking this.  There are so many weird things that I can't get my head around it. 

• Blob 3
10 hours ago, nrllee said:

She’s unusual isn’t she?  That fact that she treated life and death the same.  It inevitably lends meaning to everything she does on a day to day basis?  With the diagnosis of impending death, most people would shift their priorities and use what time they have left for what matters most to them so they can leave with no regrets Eg spending time with family, ticking stuff off their bucket list.  Not her.  And that can only mean one thing.  That she’s already doing everything that she sees as priorities in life.  She was unaffected by MM’s temptations - how he showed her luxurious holiday snaps through her door peep hole, how he asked her to just quit her job (he even made it harder for her  to try to get her to quit by getting her to type out one of the client’s handwritten scripts).  But she was undeterred.  She plodded on.  He’s befuddled by her.  She fascinates him. :lol:

I enjoyed reading what you wrote - you explain with such clarity.

I am fascinated by her too. She was so stoic in the way she received the news that I wasn’t sure to read it as acceptance or disbelief at first. She doesn’t seem to react very much to big news - the kind that usually send others crumbling; Parents’ death, 3 months to live, MM giving the ultimatum at her weakest - none of it ruffled her feathers. Always calm and steely. On the surface at least. Bottling everything up can’t be good. 

Speaking of which, she doesn’t have someone she can confide in other than Ji Na. Even then, she doesn’t give the whole truth. Though with MM, she does when she so plainly tells him her plans. Perhaps it is hard to hold it in with him goading her constantly. Still, it’s an outlet and I thought that was quite interesting. 

MM is also another who doesn’t do plain speak - not sure if he’s tired of explaining himself to mortals or he just likes rhetoric. But he did open up to her.
I especially like the scene where MM destroyed a patch of garden and she revived it. (Was that a twisted sign of compatibility?)

It seems to me MM is a tad tired of being bad and is entertaining her to check if she will trigger a change in him. In his bid to tell her how awful he is, it appears to me that he is also trying to convince himself that he’s beyond help. Which is also fascinating.

• Like 7
  • Blob 2
Posted (edited)

Wow I just finished ep 3 and oooz the feels!!!Blushing Dark Souls GIF by Channel Frederator

I haven’t felt this strong romantic chemistry that went to 100% swoon worthy level in  Kdrama in forever. Like I thought chemistry in IONTBO was sizzling good but this one is beyond that.... ok back to ep 4 and I will come back to read everyone’s comment after. Happy....

Ep 4 went by sooo fast. I am totally hook and blah re the wait. Sooo many thoughts. 

Update: just read everyone’s thoughts. I agree with @nrllee, you wrote so clear and captures very well my ideas too! I didn’t find it redundant or plot going to slow - just the writer really explaining more rules and the history of this universe and the deities. It also played with the dynamics between the leads and I really like that they went there. But I get that this drama may not be to everyone’s preference. One thing that I hope to see improve is the little bro character. The actor that plays the little bro is a bit weak acting wise and I also busted out laughing at his crying scene at the hospital (it came across super childish but then maybe that is the whole point but I didn’t like how it came out) and was a bit annoyed at his 2-D character. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 4
  • Blob 2

Doom at Your Service: Episode 3

by quirkycase

DaYS03-00597.jpg

Our heroine comes to regret her impulse decision to make Doom her new roommate as he disrupts her life in unexpected ways. But she’s not the only one affected. Doom finds himself growing closer to his human client than intended, forcing him to confront repressed emotions that threaten his veneer of apathy. While he tries to convince himself he has no feelings, our heroine starts to formulate a plan to protect what she holds dear.

EPISODE 3

We flash back to Dong-kyung’s parents’ funeral where her family callously discusses what to do with her and Sun-kyung. Soo-ja arrives and grows furious when one relative argues they’re best off in an orphanage. Pulling both children into her arms, Soo-ja announces she’ll raise them, even though she’s single. Dong-kyung narrates that luck and misfortune can be hard to distinguish.

We return to when Myeol-mang tells Dong-kyung he’s grateful to her and she surprises him by suggesting they live together. Dong-kyung wonders to herself whether Myeol-mang came to her as luck, misfortune, or neither.

Myeol-mang smiles in amusement and shocks Dong-kyung by immediately agreeing. Later, Dong-kyung hides in her bathroom and beats herself up for her impulsive suggestion. She steels herself for the embarrassment of taking her offer back and opens the door … right into Myeol-mang’s living room.

Without looking up from his book, Myeol-mang explains he can’t live at her place. Dong-kyung rambles at him until he’s forced to pay attention to her. He thinks she’s either fallen for him or, more problematically, is willing to move in with just anyone.

“I suggested we live together because you’re not just anyone,” she responds. Myeol-mang looks up in surprise, but Dong-kyung reminds him he told her to cling to him. When she saw him walking away after being so nice, she worried he’d disappear on her.

DaYS03-00143.jpg

Dong-kyung nonchalantly says that people who are nice to her always leave, making Myeol-mang marvel at her causal depressing comments. Dong-kyung wants Myeol-mang around so that she never misses a recharge and has him nearby when she decides on her wish. As if she’s his captor, she promises to release him once he grants her wish.

Myeol-mang has his fun teasing her, refusing to let her have any of his many rooms and making each door she opens lead back to the living room. Dong-kyung stops when she hears Sun-kyung ringing her doorbell and calling out to her. She opens Myeol-mang’s front door and is baffled to find herself staring out at her own rooftop.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/doom-at-your-service-episode-3/

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Seo In Guk Discusses His Current Drama “Doom At Your Service” And Upcoming Heist Movie

ce0ee8d64af747e88f270668887bed30.jpeg?s=

May 21, 2021
by L. Kim

Seo In Guk partnered up with Marie Claire magazine for a classy and chic pictorial!

seo-in-guk-22.jpg

In the interview that followed the photo shoot, Seo In Guk talked about his new film “Pipeline.” The movie is about a group of thieves and bandits who risk life and limb, hoping to turn their lives around, for an oil heist. Seo In Guk stars as Pindol, the best drilling technician in Korea, and Lee Soo Hyuk stars as Gun Woo, the wealthy mastermind.

The actor said, “I feel like I’ve grown through the process of creating the character Pindol.” Then he added “Pipeline” will be remembered as a meaningful project.

In the interview that followed the photo shoot, Seo In Guk talked about his new film “Pipeline.” The movie is about a group of thieves and bandits who risk life and limb, hoping to turn their lives around, for an oil heist. Seo In Guk stars as Pindol, the best drilling technician in Korea, and Lee Soo Hyuk stars as Gun Woo, the wealthy mastermind.

The actor said, “I feel like I’ve grown through the process of creating the character Pindol.” Then he added “Pipeline” will be remembered as a meaningful project.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1470391wpp/seo-in-guk-discusses-his-current-drama-doom-at-your-service-and-upcoming-heist-movie

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Saw SIG's old photos and its not a wonder why casting peple asked him to reduce his weight, in order to land an acting gig... and what a success it has been...

Reading his life (IGs just prompt his stories, ha), his mom/family's hardship and him finding out his birth secret was so funny and sad... its great that he is back and still humble.

Oh...they just finish wrapping up the filming of the drama... sigh.. and yay!

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The first i really wanted mr. Cha became the 2nd ml but then their love story is doom right from the start even without third party

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Hello. I was just watching the drama. All 4 episodes. I wasn't thinking really hard. Its supposed to be this Doom person. He gives a pain- free 100 days to the FL. She dies. The drama is about the 2 of them. Yunno. The usual Kdrama plot. I like both actors so I watched it.

Did I hear something wrongly? Or read something wrongly? I even repeated the scene where she wrote the contract terms in the diary.

What is the problem? I mean what's the problem with her wish? She dies if she asks for her wish anyway. Its just pain- free. If she doesn't her brother dies 

I presume that if she falls for him the Doom guy then if she doesn't asks for her wish... she will kill him? Or is that what the writer wants? So she gives him an ending to his endless existence?

She is not going to live anyway. So did I miss the significance of the reincarnated " god " who was his " mother " he cried over in ep 3. So therefore why is the young god bothering to make the FL remember or trying to kill her early?

I can understand a drama of a dying human who falls for a Grim Reaper etc. I can't understand what point the writer is trying to make in this drama. Did the FL wished for the world to end in episode 1 or what?

The concepts are a bit confusing. Did everyone understand the concepts here? Does it matter? To the plot?

Why can't she fall for him? Like why is it a big deal? Just do it. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@ck1Oz My own thoughts about where the writer is going with this is that it is not about the end of her dying or not or the contract terms. The situation/contract is used as condition to drive the changes for both our heroine and Myul; obviously both CHANGE during these 100 days due to their interactions with each other. So basically, it is not the destination but the experience of the journey that is important. What makes this one different than other Kdrama is the personality and chemistry of our two leads. I have seen Goblin and although the fantasy set-up and story is similar, they both are also very different. 

DK and MM have a close chemistry right off the bat because internally they are at the same place - isolated and alone. In life and during difficult times, it is nice to have someone. From my opinion, falling for someone happens at its own paced and maybe the writer is trying to make it realistic? It wouldn’t make sense to make her fall immediately when they don’t know each other well and this journey is the purpose of the drama?

Re the OST - I am looking forward to SIG’s contribution. His older song BeBe is one of my fav. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@Yinyelol I know the journey is the drama. But the sci- fi fan in me is bugged when the contract terms doesn't make sense. The writer is trying to make a point. And I can't get the point he/she is trying to make. About the importance or her making a wish that changes the person she loves in the end to him. And not the brother. She won't make the wish so the person whom she loves most will be Doom. Who is sick of his endless aimless existence. So he will die- and she loves him enough to not make a wish- so he can die.

But where does that leave her? In pain? Dying sooner?

See? I told him i watched that many Kdramas that the convulated thinking of a Kdrama writer- makes a twisted plot sense. This sort of drama calls for sacrifice. What makes this a good drama is how they do the ending/ epilogue. And how their nonsensical plot makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1
Posted (edited)

@ck1Oz Sure, you have your thoughts about it and if the writer’s style isn’t what you like - that is cool. The show has just started.

For me, I don’t see anything confusing over the contract terms. DK made her wish when she was drunk and didn’t realize when she accepted that if she made a wish - she will lose the person she loves most. Because the current person she loves the most is her brother, she is determined to fall in love with M so that she can save her bro. and it makes logical sense that she holds off making the wish now; or else her brother will die. If M becomes her most loved, why do you assume that he will die when it has been established that he is immortal. DK’s whole goal is to save her bro and live pain free in the 100 days. From the drama’s premise as a romance, many ppl. guess that M will become the person she loves most but we are only on ep 4. 

Spoiler

Another theory that could be is that the person she ends up loving most may be herself. Nothing about the agreement was ever focused on saving herself. Personally, I am hoping for this. She can love M but love herself more. All of her life, she hasn’t really had the ability to put herself first. 

Just my thoughts. I also love Sci-Fi and fantasy and the best ones are the ones that take you by surprise. This story premise maybe based on very common Kdrama tropes but I still think they are doing it their own way. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

Hang on. I will go back and watch. I went back to ep 1 and 2.

Doom wants to end the world but he can't- he said so in ep 1. But she being the human can. So she has to wish that the world is doomed for her wish. To get the pain-free 100 days. Otherwise it transfers to the person she loves the most. Her death or their death. 

At least how I understand it. However its a Sunday night and work starts tomorrow. And my mind is no longer on this drama with a full work week. And I have picked a new drama which is more complicated than this. So my brain cells went there " Law School." The title made me laugh its literally law school as the title.  My current drama watches are making me laugh with the actual use in their drama titles- law school, doom and anti-fan. Such a lack of imagination.

Night. Its on tomorrow right? I will catch up with both episodes on Wed. Since I am more intetested in Law School now.

• Like 1

I think MM assumed that if a human wish the world to be destroyed, it will happen... we are not sure if it will...he just assumed that it might be the case...

How come he has birthday?  How often does he has it? 

Sometimes when the story doesnt seemed logical at the start, we just wait until the end and see if it all link together... same thing with the King: eternal monarch... just saying.. B) i remember not understanding why JTE's name tag was at the scene of the murder in the first place, hence the reason why young King Lee Gon keep looking for her since the beginning... where was the starting point ? LG keep going back to change history but didnt really?.he couldnt save his father. 

• Like 2

3 Ways Seo In Guk Gives His Otherworldly Role A Human Touch In “Doom At Your Service”

3a2987c288864c2a897d588f83a33f8c.jpeg?s=

May 23, 2021
by S. P

Seo In Guk is showing off his versatile acting skills through “Doom at Your Service”!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

Seo In Guk is keeping viewers glued to the screen with his portrayal of Myul Mang. Below are three different ways the actor adds a human touch to his mystical role.

Spoilers

1. Myul Mang’s hidden boyish and cute side

In the second episode, Myul Mang noticed that Tak Dong Kyung was at a loss for words when she came across her ex-boyfriend. To help her out of the uncomfortable situation, he turned to her and said naturally, “Darling, is he the one you said you’re fed up with?” In addition, he holds her hand every day to lessen her pain, sending her sweet smiles that create a heart-fluttering atmosphere. This cute side of Myul Mang is endearing him to viewers.

What’s more, Seo In Guk is creating a very human-like chemistry through his adorable banter with Park Bo Young’s character. These boyish and youthful actions lend the mystical being a more humane nature.

Seo-In-Guk-11.jpg

2. The sympathy and anger depicted in Myul Mang’s eyes

When provoked by Sonyeoshin (Jung Ji So) who asked him if he could feel compassion in episode 3, viewers saw Myul Mang’s cruel-hearted side as he sought out Tak Dong Kyung and made her suffer extreme distress. However, just as she was about to jump over the railing, he caught her hand and saved her life. In contrast with the dry lines spoken by his character, Seo In Guk also vividly expresses the warm sympathy that Myul Mang feels.

In episode 4, Tak Dong Kyung threw her whole body in order to save Myul Mang, who had been attacked by a murderer that he had brought back to life. With Tak Dong Kyung in his arms, Myul Mang said to the murderer, “I’ll return what I took from you,” and surprised viewers as he made him take his own life. Seo In Guk left an impression in this scene with the blazing anger he depicted in Myul Mang’s eyes.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1470622wpp/3-ways-seo-in-guk-gives-his-otherworldly-role-a-human-touch-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 5

Its ok I've moved beyond it. I just thought if you guys were here on soompi someone had the answer somewhere. Either from Navers or DC or something.

Me on the other hand think that PBY looks so grown up here. I am not sure if its the hairstyle or the eyeliner. But the stylist made her look striking vs her usual very young scene look. She used to just be so so perky and young. But now when the FL looks serious- her whole hairsyle, dark eye-liner look and the straight hair makes her profile look so striking.

• Like 5
  • ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk