[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

“Doom At Your Service” Cast Picks Most Memorable Scenes From The Drama

e3d9219be81949b59ea51edc740232c4.jpeg?s=

Jun 29, 2021
by S. Nam

The cast of tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” picked their favorite scenes from the drama!

The fantasy romance is about an ordinary woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who calls for ruin (myulmang) upon the world when she finds out she only has 100 days to live. Instead she gets Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), the mysterious god of death and destruction, who offers her a dangerous contract.

Below are the actors’ favorite moments from “Doom at Your Service”!

Spoilers

Park Bo Young – Episode 5 ending: Tak Dong Kyung warmly comforting Myul Mang

Park Bo Young picked the ending of episode 5 in which Tak Dong Kyung comforted Myul Mang while he was watching people carrying a box used for traditional Korean weddings with gifts from the bridegroom to the bride. Seeing Myul Mang upset about the disappearing tradition, Tak Dong Kyung compared his existence to a supernova, which shines the brightest the moment it disappears and becomes energy for the new stars being born. Park Bo Young shared, “It’s the point where Dong Kyung begins to understand and feel sympathy for Myul Mang, and I wanted to pick it as the best scene because the way she comforts Myul Mang feels warm. In the scene, Myul Mang also explains the work he does, saying, ‘The things that disappear are mostly beautiful,’ and I thought it was a scene through which you could understand Myul Mang’s mission while simultaneously seeing his humane side.”

Seo-In-Guk-Park-Bo-Young13.jpg

Seo In Guk – Episode 6: Myul Mang’s way of comforting Tak Dong Kyung

Seo In Guk picked as his favorite scene the part where Myul Mang held onto Tak Dong Kyung’s hand while running through the rain and comforting her in his own special way. Seeing Tak Dong Kyung lamenting about her life while watching the rain fall after an exhausting day at work, Myul Mang comforted Tak Dong Kyung by telling her that being rained on isn’t a big deal. The two also confirmed their feelings for each other and made viewers’ hearts flutter with their passionate kiss. Seo In Guk shared, “The scene itself is so pretty, but Myul Mang’s line of, ‘See, the rain isn’t a big deal. You can just get rained on. If you run while getting rained on, you’ll be home soon,’ seemed to give comfort to not only Dong Kyung, but to all people. It’s a line that gives great comfort to myself as well, so it remains the most memorable in my memories.”

Spoiler

Park-Bo-Young-Seo-In-Guk3.jpeg

Lee Soo Hyuk – Episode 3: The beginning of Cha Joo Ik and Na Ji Na’s romance

Lee Soo Hyuk’s most memorable scene is Cha Joo Ik’s (Lee Soo Hyuk’s) first kiss in the rain with Na Ji Na (Shin Do Hyun) from 10 years ago, which was when their romance began. In the past, Cha Joo Ik couldn’t simply pass by Na Ji Na who was waiting endlessly in the rain in front of her first love Lee Hyun Kyu’s (Kang Tae Oh’s) house. Cha Joo Ik handed Na Ji Na an umbrella and sweetly kissed her on the lips. Lee Soo Hyuk shared, “There are so many good scenes, but the kiss scene in the rain remains in my memories. In the second half, Joo Ik expresses his feelings for Ji Na by confessing, ‘I liked you from the beginning,’ so the two people’s first meeting feels more sentimental.” He added, “The director also captured the scene so beautifully to create this nice scene.”

Shin-Do-Hyun-Lee-Soo-Hyuk1.jpeg

Kang Tae Oh – Episode 14: The settlement of Lee Hyun Kyu and Na Ji Na’s first love

Kang Tae Oh picked the scene in which Lee Hyun Kyu and Na Ji Na visit their alma mater as his most memorable scene. In the past, Lee Hyun Kyu avoided Na Ji Na out of embarrassment because he couldn’t go to college, and the two drifted apart without having officially separated. In episode 14, Lee Hyun Kyu and Na Ji Na visited the school where they first met, and Lee Hyun Kyu opened up about his hidden feelings and apologized, settling their first love. Kang Tae Oh shared, ” It’s the scene in which Hyun Kyu buries his first love in one corner of his heart, allowing him to treasure it as a precious memory at last. I think it’ll remain in my memories for a long time because it’s a more mature and grown-up side of Hyun Kyu.”

Spoiler

Kang-Tae-Oh-Shin-Do-hyun.jpg

Shin Do Hyun – Episode 10 ending: The hug between Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang

Shin Do Hyun picked the scene in which Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang hugged amidst tears while expressing their true feelings at the beach at night. In order to save the people she loves, Tak Dong Kyung chose to say farewell to everyone. However, Myul Mang asked her to express her true feelings, and she stated, “I want to live,” letting out the tears she had been holding back all her life. The couple desperately embraced each other, making viewers tear up. Shin Do Hyun shared, “I feel as if this is the moment in which Tak Dong Kyung, who never showed it when she was tired and didn’t know how to cry, is completely honest to herself for the first time.” She added, “From the perspective of a viewer, I related a lot to Dong Kyung’s feelings, and as a junior actor, I was very awed by Bo Young, who portrayed that feeling very well in this scene. It was the most memorable because it seems to highlight the drama’s entire plot through the love between Dong Kyung, who wants to live, and Myul Mang, who wants to die because he’s alive.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1477077wpp/doom-at-your-service-cast-picks-most-memorable-scenes-from-the-drama

• Like 2

Can't believe the drama ended....this drama has been a healing drama despite being a fantasy romance.

The leads carried the show.....Park Bo Young ang Seo In Guk chemistry was so good and out of this world. The OST of this drama is so damn good.

I am going to miss this drama. Please cast PBY and SIG in another drama again, K-drama gods, please make it happen :Please:

• Like 4

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

So this was kind of an interesting drama. First of all, the acting was fantastic. The actors really inhabited their characters well, and I liked the characters. The cute little brother, the aunt and her slightly confused Canadian husband, the editors, but of course most of all the leads. SIG and PBY are just such excellent actors, you can relax and know you are in good hands. I really felt their emotions, and thoroughly believed in their characters. 

The plot was a little...weird, though? It felt like there were two dramas going on at once. One was fantasy and one was contemporary realism, and they didn't really interact at all. You could have completely removed one with no damage to the other. So that was...odd. I was far more invested in the leads than in the side leads. (Then again, I don't like love triangles, so...)

But the drama finished really well. A theme I like in a lot of Kdramas is the sense of, life is hard and there are sad times, but even so, it's precious and very worth it. And I think it really nailed that in the end. When things cut off before you are ready, and you lose someone...you still go on. You look for all the good that you CAN find, and you treasure that. And sometimes there are miraculous gifts as well. And sometimes all of those hardships we went through were actually not a punishment, but a growing process, to turn us into something we never imagined possible. I felt the drama delivered all of that really well in the end, and I'm glad I watched it.

• Like 3

I don't know if it's just that a beautiful series ended and now I feel like I'm in mourning, but I'm a little let down by the ending even though I hoped for and wanted a happy one. Like after all that angst and goddess telling Dong Kyung that if you get everything you want that it becomes meaningless, it did feel a bit meaningless at the end. I mean, she didn't lose her life, her health, her loved ones, the world, AND she got him back as a human. Even though it's fantasy I feel like there should have been a bit more heartache in the end, because it's still a commentary on the hardships of life, and three months of mourning before the fairy tale ending felt... off. Maybe if he came back but they didn't know each other yet met again and felt an unexplained connection... and THEN lived happily ever after. 

But of course I was happy to see our leads together again, so funny the way he kept on offering to kill people for her. I feel like second lead romance should have been built up more in previous episodes so they didn't have to feel so abrupt and awkward, but at the same time NJN and DK friendship was a big part of the show so I can let it go. 

When did Ji Na kissed the Manager again or rather team leader? I watched ep 16 then backtracked to ep 11. I must have slept through ep 8 to 10 as I have zero recollection when Ji Na found out about the 2 guys or the scene where she kissed the other guy again?

Did they? I lost interest in the main lead but because I didn't watch all the episodes can't find the 2nd couple scenes. Thank you.

• Like 1

Watch: Seo In Guk, Park Bo Young, SF9’s Dawon, And Kang Tae Oh Have Undeniable Chemistry On Set Of “Doom At Your Service”

Watch: Seo In Guk, Park Bo Young, SF9’s Dawon, And Kang Tae Oh Have Undeniable Chemistry On Set Of “Doom At Your Service”

Jun 30, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” released a new making-of video!

The new behind-the-scenes video begins with Park Bo Young practicing her lines with the director. However, when she rehearses with Jung Ji So, Park Bo Young gets too embarrassed to act cute. She shares, “I can’t do it to Jung Ji So. I did it so well in front of the director.”

Seo In Guk has to film on a bus that stops suddenly. Shocked, he shares, “I thought this was a disco pang pang (amusement park ride). Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young) caught me.” When Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young hug affectionately, Park Bo Young tilts her head at a sharp angle to look up at Seo In Guk and shares, “You’re too high up. My head gets tilted up too much.”

SF9’s Dawon shares, “Hyun Kyu (Kang Tae Oh) is so cute. He’s charming.” However, Kang Tae Oh comments, “I don’t really like to hear that I’m cute.” Dawon replies, “I don’t really like that too. I want to hear that I’m sexy. You’re like that too, right?” Kang Tae Oh shares, “You have the right vibe,” and Dawon continues to insist, “You know that people who say that are cute people, right?”

Kang Tae Oh reveals that this will be his first time filming with Seo In Guk even though it’s for the last episode. He shares, “It’s the first and last time.” While acting, Seo In Guk gets flustered when Kang Tae Oh smoothly replies, “I hear that a lot,” after Seo In Guk says, “You look pretty when you smile.” Afterwards, Seo In Guk comments, “I hate it when he smiles.”

seo-in-guk-kang-tae-oh.jpg

Dawon acts cute in front of Kang Tae Oh and Seok In Guk to lighten the mood. Seo In Guk shares, “You’re so cute, I could die.” Park Bo Young awkwardly greets Kang Tae Oh, causing the director to comment, “You’re this awkward with him when it’s episode 16?” Park Bo Young reveals that the two only met two times while filming.

After Park Bo Young hits Seo In Guk’s arm while filming, she shares, “He’s saying it’s broken now because I hit him.” Park Bo Young consoles him by patting his arm and saying, “I get it. I’m sorry.” She adds, “If I don’t respond to [his jokes], he gets angry.”

While filming at night, Park Bo Young accidentally says, “I have to get off work” instead of “I have to go to work tomorrow,” and Seo In Guk laughs while commenting, “It’s your real inner feelings.” The director also tells him to speed it up so that the actors and staff can get off work. The director and Park Bo Young continue to express their desires to go home, causing Seo In Guk to comment, “But we won’t see each other after two days!”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1477282wpp/watch-seo-in-guk-park-bo-young-sf9s-dawon-and-kang-tae-oh-have-undeniable-chemistry-on-set-of-doom-at-your-service

• Like 2

I made it to the end - watched for SIG and PBY only since I love their acting and they had great chemistry. Other than that, I am still sad at the final results because it had the potential to be so much better - story wise. Please take care friends and see you around! 

• Like 2

Well well well, here we are, at the end. What a wild ride!

Honestly I couldn't complain about the last ep, it really wrapped up all the different relationships and friendships along the way. I would have hated it if there was some plot twist at the end, like if Doom came back as a human but gets into a car accident... I would be SO SO mad. I'm glad that it ended the way it did, and that I got my happy ending :)

I couldn't help but think that Seo In Guk must have been a little happy when he could FINALLY eat loool due to some behind the scenes where he was complaining about not being able to eat :P

I liked the scenes with Young Prince... I guess our noona here is still very popular hehe. And the interactions between him and Doom were so funny and cute! 

I also liked the little jabs between Dong Kyung and team leader Cha...their bickering is very natural, I like their chemistry. I actually like their chemistry a bit more than team leader Cha and Na Ji Na... haha. I guess they're just a bit more natural/comfortable with each other whereas with Ji Na it is a bit more heart fluttering. 

I actually even like the fact that they didn't wrap it up TOO nicely with them getting married. I think it's only natural that they will eventually, but it's not like they have to rush it. Neither of them are going anywhere :) 

Overall, at the beginning the plot was a bit confusing, and the way they fell in love seemed a bit convenient for the story, but I did enjoy the chemistry of the characters and I did like the way it ended. I also liked the way that they explained how Doom was able to become human...it made sense (even if it did seem a little tooo convenient). I'll miss having this to look forward to on Mondays and Tuesdays!! 

• Like 2

Watch: Park Bo Young Enjoys Being In A Love Triangle With Seo In Guk And Nam Da Reum On Set Of “Doom At Your Service”

6080596b1ed647dbbf336ba2aeb0b642.jpeg?s=

Jul 1, 2021
by L. Kim

Doom at Your Service” may be over, but tvN unveiled another making-of video for the fans!

The clip shows Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk working hard on the drama set. They diligently discuss different possibilities with the directors and brainstorm different ideas to make the scenes better.

The two actors practice a sweet moment when they are embracing each other. Seo In Guk leaves in order to portray his character Myul Mang vanishing into thin air, and Park Bo Young playfully cries as she wails, “Stop disappearing.” When filming starts, the two immerse into their characters right away. After the tearful scene, Park Bo Young drinks chocolate milk and jokes, “[After a crying scene], chocolate milk is a must.”

seo-in-guk-park-bo-young-16.jpg

Next, Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk film with Nam Da Reum, whose character has a huge crush on Park Bo Young’s character. Park Bo Young and Nam Da Reum sit across from each other as they get ready to film. The director teases Nam Da Reum, “Did you like noona?” Park Bo Young plays along, saying, “Did you like me?” Their teasing causes Nam Da Reum to lower his head and laugh in embarrassment.

Seo In Guk enters the scene, and he perfectly portrays Myul Mang’s jealousy. During rehearsal, Park Bo Young holds onto Nam Da Reum’s wrist and pleads him to have a private fan meeting with her. Seo In Guk, who can’t stand to watch them any longer, pinches her sweater and attempts to get her attention. Laughing, Park Bo Young says, “Let go!” Seo In Guk comments, “I’m going to hold onto you too.”

During break, Park Bo Young tells the making-of camera about her exciting love triangle with Park Young (Nam Da Reum) and Myul Mang. She says, “[Park Young] came all dressed up thinking he has a date with me, but I brought my boyfriend. What is this situation?” Then she adds, “Our love triangle that isn’t in the drama takes place here like this. The relationship between Myul Mang and me was so reciprocal, so it was too boring.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1477479wpp/r-service

• Like 1

The young actor grew up so well... and so handsome too... haha

We have seen him when he was a young boy, as main leads'  younger self... im sure he will land more dramas in the future.. perhaps he should do his army first or else that might be a hassle when he get popular in the future. 

Ep16 is rare in a drama for it gave audince, a whole episode of the aftermath of MM's return..... In other dramas, endings like is only probably 10minutes long, but not in this. 

Hmm.. what to think about this drama... it could have been better writing wise... i guess. Drama fans of both actors highly anticipated the drama but didnt understand it or it was too complicated for them...  Goblin had great cast, but the story was moving and had funny moments which engaged audience... for Doom, less comedy, more on trying to understand what the leads thoughts on what they were supposed to do ... i dont know. Anyhow, until their next drama which i hope will be better than this..

• Like 2

Lee Soo Hyuk Talks About His Chemistry With Kang Tae Oh And Shin Do Hyun In “Doom At Your Service”

64f2c4858f104afe91031d34d6535733.jpeg?s=

Jul 5, 2021
by C. Hong

Lee Soo Hyuk participated in an interview upon the end of tvN’s “Doom at Your Service,” which wrapped up at the end of last month.

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about the love story between a supernatural being named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who enters a dangerous contract with him when she finds out she only has 100 days to live.

Lee Soo Hyuk appeared in the drama as Cha Joo Ik, Tak Dong Kyung’s colleague at the editing office of a web novel publisher called Life Story. He was caught in a love triangle with Na Ji Na (played by Shin Do Hyun), a web novelist at Life Story, and Lee Hyun Kyu (played by Kang Tae Oh), a café owner.

In the interview, Lee Soo Hyuk said, “It’s been a while since the drama finished filming, but it was still airing after that, so I couldn’t really believe that filming had ended. Now it truly feels like it’s over. First, I want to thank the director, the writer, and the other staff members who made Joo Ik so attractive as a character. I also want to thank the viewers who showed their love for ‘Doom at Your Service’ and Cha Joo Ik. I was happy to be able to act as him for a little while.”

Asked about his character’s romantic growth, he said, “At first, Joo Ik’s lines were simple and plain, but as the story goes on, he has to say more and more romantic lines. It wasn’t easy to say such straightforward lines and I would practice before each scene by talking to myself. I thought it was fortunate that I’d already worked with Do Hyun a lot by then, so it was a bit easier.”

He picked his favorite romantic line as, “When Ji Na asks how long he’s liked her, he responds, ‘From the start.’ It’s a short line, but a powerful one. It explains all of Joo Ik’s actions to Ji Na until then, and it’s a meaningful response for him as well.”

In the love triangle, Kang Tae Oh and Lee Soo Hyuk’s characters also share a close bond. Lee Soo Hyuk said, “It was really comfortable to film together on set. The director was always brightening the atmosphere and the actors’ chemistry was good. Shin Do Hyun and I began to gel together more as our romance scenes steadily grew in number. Tae Oh has a cute side to him. Joo Ik also finds Hyun Kyu cute and takes care of him, and on set, I would often tease Tae Oh and laugh with him. He really seemed like a close younger brother.”

Asked what impression “Doom at Your Service” would leave on him, he replied, “I think that Cha Joo Ik was the most plain and humane character that I’ve ever played. I’ve played characters who weren’t even human, often strong and powerful characters. I’ve always wanted to expand the type of characters I could play and show more diverse sides of myself, so I think that’s why ‘Doom at Your Service’ will be particularly meaningful for me.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478036wpp/lee-soo-hyuk-talks-about-his-chemistry-with-kang-tae-oh-and-shin-do-hyun-in-doom-at-your-service

Watch: “Doom At Your Service” Cast Shares Final Words To Their Characters And Viewers On Last Day Of Filming

3dbae763ba224c8c905f109a7082d02f.jpeg?s=

Jul 6, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” released its last making-of video!

“Doom at Your Service” recently aired its finale on June 29. The behind-the-scenes video begins with the actors sharing their final farewells to their characters. Shin Do Hyun shares, “I’ll continue to root for your love!” and Kang Tae Oh comments, “As I watched myself becoming mature through Ji Na (Shin Do Hyun) ad Joo Ik (Lee Soo Hyuk), I felt very proud. Let’s have a drink later.”

Lee Soo Hyuk reveals, “My character is very different from my own personality, so I was able to feel various emotions and learned a lot too. I hope Jook Ik becomes happy with everyone around him, and I hope he becomes a better person.” Seo In Guk explains, “Myul Mang (Seo In Guk) got to meet a person named Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), and he matured quite well. I want to tell Myul Mang that he matured well and became human.” Finally, Park Bo Young shares, “I feel happy because it looks like you found a meaningful goal in life. I hope you only live happily for the rest of your life.” She adds, “I feel so sad. I can’t send Dong Kyung away like this.”

On her last day of filming, Woo Hee Jin also shares that she was very happy to be able to work with Seo In Guk, Park Bo Young, and SF9’s Dawon. Jung Ji So shares, “I feel very strange doing the last filming as Sonyeoshin with the name of Ji Eun while wearing a school uniform. I’m not sure if I did a good job playing the role of Sonyeoshin, but I’m always thankful to you for adoring me and cheering for me.”

Shin Do Hyun pretends to be sad while filming her last scene with Kang Tae Oh, but Kang Tae Oh laughs and says, “She’s lying.” After filming the scene in which Shin Do Hyun parts ways with Kang Tae Oh, Shin Do Hyun shares, “I couldn’t leave because I still couldn’t let go.” Kang Tae Oh suggests, “Let’s not leave. Let’s just keep standing there.” Kang Tae Oh expresses his gratitude to the director and writer for allowing him to meet his character.

On the final day of filming for the entire drama, Shin Do Hyun comments, “I think I’m sad because it’s the last filming.” After the director comments that Lee Soo Hyuk sounds upset while acting, he asks Shin Do Hyun, “Do I seem upset?” Shin Do Hyun replies, “No. You seemed cute. You sounded like you were whining.” The two actors high-five after successfully wrapping up their scene. Lee Soo Hyuk shares, “I’m very happy because I feel like I improved myself while filming this drama,” and Shin Do Hyun shares, “I really want to thank the many people who contributed to Ji Na’s growth process.”

Seo In Guk shares, “After meeting the director, writer, and actors, I got to learn a lot and was really adored, so I only have very happy memories.” While rehearsing, Seo In Guk remains playful and even reveals that he’s good at picking things up with his long toes, adding that he wants to try pinching the director with them later. After filming, the actor conveys his gratitude to everyone who worked on the drama as well as the viewers.

In the final behind-the-scenes clip, Park Bo Young shares, “I’m so sad.” Nevertheless, Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk, and Dawon remain cheerful as they tease each other while rehearsing their scene. Dawon thanks everyone on set and shares, “I really learned a lot and had a lot of fun while having an invaluable experience.” Park Bo Young reveals, “I truly, truly, truly, really, really feel very sad. I almost feel like I might not be able to film with such great staff again. I’ll have many great memories since I filmed with such great people, and because of that, Dong Kyung will take up a big place in my heart too.” Finally, she concludes, “Just like our drama’s ending, I hope it becomes an opportunity for you to seek what you truly wish for in life.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478047wpp/watch-doom-at-your-service-cast-shares-final-words-to-their-characters-and-viewers-on-last-day-of-filming

• Like 2

EP 15 Review :

One of the better episodes, Leap of 3 months, TDK is clear of brain tumor, joins a new company with Cha where the office is a Tennis Court? Has informed family that Doom has gone to America and will return while she keeps reminiscing about him. TDK visits his home, which is without a spek of dust and calls on his Phone which without recharge has retained BATTERY FOR 3+ MONTHS!!! GIVE ME THAT PHONE RIGHT NOW!!! :smashes: TDK starts writing a story about her and Doom and posts the first chapter Online.

Kevin is still missing....DegaWhey????Little bro tells LHK that he knows about him and NJN noona that it.

Cha asks TDK join his company and she cusses him , he is surprised but somehow these two work so well together, she Asks basically grills him to go get NJN as a writer or a LOver before he regrets it. :heart1:

I have no clue why NJN is at odds with Cha , but he legit tells her "I cannot live without seeing you everyday", Damn Vampire in previous life your words are the best Lol. :heart3:

Cha has become charming, and basically threatened the Kpop Idol ex writer to write a new story or else he will reveal that Prince is the writer who just debuted as a KPOP Star. Our prince places shares his grivences with TDK saying Cha looks like he will suck his blood, TDK tells him CHA WILL SUCK YOUR BLOOD :hwaiting2:, that makes the Poor Kid scared lol. He asks her about the ending of her story HE or BE? She gives no answer and our in house Prophet says she is maybe not there Yet!!!....

TDK does not know what her ending is, but is trying to live a Happy life. She meets Dora on a rainy day and offers her an umbrellas. Then Dora visits her garden and meets the now Dead Doom...Dum Dum Dum

Dora and Doom worked hand in hand, she did an experiment >>>>Doom was destined to die as TDK was granted life in exchange of Love but what was the final outcome even Dora did not know? She planted a seed which could only be fertilized by a Butterfly (Doom is one of the butterfly in her Garden, somewhat similar to Goblin's Gods personified by butterflies) If the flower blooms he has a chance to be born as a Human. The Flower actually bloomed, Doom rewrote his destiny so Dora and celestial creature management grants him to become a Human and live with TDK.TDK finally meets Doom on a Happy RAINY Day making me wonder about lost chances this show had. Their chemistry and that epic Love pull is done pretty good at places such as these but arghhhh....Logical holes makes me wanna hit someone bad!!!!!:cries3:

This part of rebirth had more logic than Goblin's did but the execution however has also been poorer. They mixed a bit of elements from W+Goblin here lol. One More to GO!!!

• Blob 1

FINALE EP 16 Review: I FINISHED IT FINALLY GOSH!

Best Ep of the entire series, Doom is Kim Saram (Human Being) and is re-meeting everyone after Sweet reconciliation with TDK , he now looks the same as he did to TDK, so she wants to test it out. Initially she takes him to her Tennis Court Office, Cha is NOT PLEASED and asks her why can she not leave an Adult human being by himself? She chimes, because He wasn't Lol. Cha tells her to keep her private and work life different , the Guy who himself went ahead and contractually signed the writer Girl who he cannot do without seeing EVERYDAY???!!! Wow,,,,..then Cha says but because TDK does not distiguish between Private and work life, its exactly the way her Team leader likes it, TDK is not amused and calls him a manipulator of words as per his Mood ROFLLLL.....:hwaiting2:

Then TDK/KSR meet Kpop Prince, Prince and Doom still hate each other !Doom /Prince are bickering as prince says you never know the final outcome maybe TDK will leave Doom at the altar, Doom gets mad & says he will reach the altar before Prince turns 20 and threatens to reveal he likes TDK. Prince begs not to, in case she finds it too cute.TDK has to sign in writers so she is using triCks to do so, she ends up asking Prince to stay back so he can have a small fan meet with Writer Dalgona, She wins and gets Dalgona to sign up as one of the writers, Doom is jealous and TDK actually finds Prince CUTE!! Talk about potential Noona Romance SPIN OFF......:issohappy:

AND......KEVIN IS BACK with an updated google translate app! HE NOW UNDERSTANDS KOREAN BETTER , IT TOOK HIM 3 MONTHS TO STAY IN KOREA RATHER THAN MULTIPLE YEAR WEDDING WITH WIFE TO LEARN IT....ALRIGHT!!!! :isannoyed:

Cha/NJN meet when she finally enters TOP 10 with her new story "The building owned by the guy from Devildom", when he grills her ,she fesses THAT the character is based on him & he is SEXY! He has now become the quintessential romcom hero who is DREAMY , & they have a Nice popo while they are on date night No 1 at a Rooftop Restaurant. :bashful:

KSR is now a ER Doctor , eats and sleeps and has to undergo grilling from aunt who forbids them to sleep together lol. (The first few minutes had KSR visit TDKs house where she quips she has nothing at her home and this is is first ever meal, Can she not order a PIZZA????? Like :kicks: arghhhh)

NJN drags Cha to make Kimchi making session at TDK's house on her second date where KSR/Cha do not like each other and end up scaring poor lil brother Lol.he entire scene is one of the best in the show. Here it is implied Cha/NJN spent time together doing ChaChaCha and aunt mistakes that KSR/TDK did too !!! Lol the convo is so good. While bro is irritated by all CPs cuz he is all alone. :hwaiting:

KSR meets LHK and then it becomes a boy Love! KSR is mesmerized by LHK's smile &he finds him handsome, Both Tak siblings are horrified by the reaction :evillaugh:

how ends on a happy note with TDK/KSR discussing avoiding wedding talks.

Overall rating - 5/10 + 2 for actors+bgm , if only the writers did the same execution as first 2 and last 2 episodes it would have been one of the best in this Genre but Alas! The Love story was bound to be Doomed I guess.

• Like 1

I feel a bit disappointed by the end of this Drama, while it looks so promising. It loos so flat, especially all relationship. THe chemistry was so off between most of the actors. The end was so slow. Park Bo Young and Seo In Gook were god on their own, but the pairing did not match. The B plot, look a bit weird. How this drama was built was not good. Something was missing.

• 1 year later...

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: What Is Your Favorite K-Drama Featuring Romance With An Otherworldly Being?

Mar 2, 2023

“Soompi & Viki Staff Talk” has returned with another drama discussion! For this edition, some of our staff members talk about fantasy K-dramas that feature romance with an otherworldly being.

These are our staff’s favorites!

Somni: “Doom at Your Service

doom-at-your-service.jpeg

Have you ever imagined being in a relationship with an otherworldly being? I have, but I never imagined that being to be “doom.” “Doom at Your Service” introduces an unprecedented fantasy love story between the terminally-ill Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young) and mysterious entity Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who can make things vanish with his touch. Myul Mang appears in front of Dong Kyung when she wishes for something dangerous—to end the world— before she knows what condition lies behind her wish. Myul Mang, who was also in pain and misery himself, uses her to achieve his own goal. Ironically, the two, who wish for the end of the world, find hope and become eager to live more than anyone else in the world as they spend more time together. On top of this intriguing plot, the solid acting skills and ever-changing charms of the cast members add to the joy of watching this fantasy romance drama. Check out this drama to find out about the contract between Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang as well as how they find hope through each other!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1569408wpp/soompi-viki-staff-talk-what-is-your-favorite-k-drama-featuring-romance-with-an-otherworldly-being