[Drama 2021] Black Sun/The Veil, 검은 태양

larus

6 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Gonna watch this for sure! And.. is there any romance involved with him? Or just an action drama?

I think it is an action drama but we never know how the relationship is between all the characters. If there is it will be on the background, as a side story. But we`ll see.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kim Ji Eun Talks About Playing Namgoong Min’s Partner In Upcoming Drama “The Veil”

4f877a7e4faa4ee19a50ce07f4df939b.jpeg?s=

Sep 3, 2021
by E. Cha

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Veil” has shared a sneak peek of Kim Ji Eun in her role as Namgoong Min‘s partner!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor responsible for his downfall.

Kim Ji Eun will be starring in the drama as Yoo Je Yi, an elite agent who joined the NIS at the age of 20 and is held in high esteem at the agency. As Han Ji Hyuk’s partner, she gradually begins to uncover the agency’s hidden secrets when he returns to the NIS after a year.

Explaining why she had been particularly drawn to the drama, Kim Ji Eun recalled, “What I found most appealing were the dualities of the drama, just like the title ‘Black Sun’ [the drama’s literal Korean title]. The coexistence of good and evil, the unexpected sides of the characters—I found them fascinating.”

“Just like the other characters, there are two sides to Je Yi as well,” she continued. “I’m extremely grateful that I was given the opportunity to play Je Yi. I wanted to portray the character of Yoo Je Yi exactly the way she is [in the script], so throughout filming, I put a lot of effort into learning about and understanding the character.”

Kim-Ji-Eun-2.jpg

When asked about the similarities and differences between her character and her real-life personality, Kim Ji Eun replied, “We’re similar in the way that we both enjoy hanging out with people and spending time with others, but also need definitely our alone time. However, in Je Yi’s case, this may not be by choice.”

The producers of “The Veil” praised Kim Ji Eun’s acting, remarking, “We expect that actress Kim Ji Eun will bring Yoo Je Yi to life with her signature energy and cheerful, confident charm.”

They went on to tease, “Just like all the characters in ‘The Veil,’ Yoo Je Yi is a character with her own secrets. Please keep an eye on what kind of role the highly intelligent and remarkably capable Yoo Je Yi will play as Han Ji Hyuk’s partner, as well as the two characters’ journey towards uncovering the truth.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1486893wpp/kim-ji-eun-talks-about-playing-namgoong-mins-partner-in-upcoming-drama-the-veil

• Like 4

“The Veil” Actors Share Their Admiration For Each Other, Discuss Their Chemistry, And More

cd41cc6aa77a45c6ad3971090e034c15.jpeg?s=

Sep 4, 2021
by L. Kim

Namgoong Min, Park Ha Sun, and Kim Ji Eun talked about working together in the upcoming MBC drama “The Veil”!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor responsible for his downfall.

Park Ha Sun will take the role of Seo Soo Yeon, who is a team leader at the Crime Information Center of the National Intelligence Service. Kim Ji Eun will star as Yoo Je Yi, an elite agent who joined the NIS at the age of 20 and is held in high esteem at the agency.

Concerning his chemistry with Park Ha Sun and Kim Ji Eun, Namgoong Min commented, “Both actresses have a very deep passion for acting. First of all, actress Park Ha Sun is serious [about her acting] and deeply immerses into her character, and it was so nice and easy to act with actress Kim Ji Eun because she emphasized Yoo Je Yi’s unique liveliness and dual personality.”

Then he added, “I met actress Kim Ji Eun in the drama ‘Doctor Prisoner,’ and I thought, ‘She’s a good actress!’ I remember meeting her again at a set where I was filming a commercial, so it’s nice to work with her again in ‘The Veil.'”

namgoong-min.jpg

Park Ha Sun shared her thoughts about Namgoong Min, who gained about 10 kilograms (approximately 22 pounds) by working out, saying, “I was surprised because Namgoong Min quickly bulked up in a few weeks. He’s well-known for working hard, but through him, I realized a lot of things and learned a lot.”

Then she mentioned Kim Ji Eun and commented, “Kim Ji Eun is someone who exudes the confidence of a rookie actress. When we first filmed together, both the look in her eyes and [the way she said] her lines portrayed Yoo Je Yi, and I felt that she is an odd yet mysteriously beautiful actress. I was impressed by how she constantly thought [about her role] and the way she scolded herself. I look forward to [what she will do] in the future.”

park-ha-sun.jpg

Kim Ji Eun expressed that she was honored to work with Namgoong Min and Park Ha Sun. She said, “All I can say about Namgoong Min is that he’s really amazing. From his analysis of characters to his outward appearances, he comes to the set in the form of Han Ji Hyuk. When I ask him various questions, he listens to them carefully and generously gives me encouragement.”

Regarding her teamwork with Park Ha Sun, Kim Ji Eun explained, “When I’m nervous and struggling on the set, she pats me on the back and mouths, ‘You’re doing well.’ In addition, she listens to my concerns about acting and gives me advice from my point-of-view, so she is a senior actress with so many sides that I want to take after.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487051wpp/the-veil-actors-share-their-admiration-for-each-other-discuss-their-chemistry-and-more

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

New stills for unveiled for The Veil with Namgoong Min, Park Ha-sun, and Kim Ji-eun

by tccolb

0004465819_002.jpg

New character stills have been released for MBC’s upcoming action drama The Veil, featuring lead actors Namgoong Min (Awaken), Park Ha-sun (Birthcare Center), and Kim Ji-eun (Hell Is Other People).

The drama stars Namgoong Min as NIS agent Han Ji-hyuk, who had been reported as missing while out on the field and shocks everyone by returning to NIS one year later. What exactly happened is a mystery even to himself as the trauma caused him to lose his memory. But he does know that he was betrayed by someone or persons among the NIS. And the story follows his character as he tries to uncover the truth and take down his NIS enemies from within.

Park Ha-sun takes on the role of team lead Seo Soo-yeon, who helps manage NIS’s Criminal Information Center. Described as highly capable and intelligent, she has the know-how to not just solve the case at hand but can get to the bottom of any other cases that are connected to it as well. Although she is work driven, she is not without consideration for the people around her and highly values her team members.

Kim Ji-eun plays the part of an elite agent named Yoo Jae-yi. Having joined NIS from the young age of 21, she steadily gained credibility from her peers and moved up in rank over the years. When Namgoong Min comes back to NIS after his disappearance, she is assigned to be his new partner. The character is described as being like a puzzle owing to the dual aspects of her personality.

The Veil is one of MBC’s special projects this year, in commemoration of the broadcasting station’s 60th anniversary, and the story was selected through MBC’s script writing contest in 2018. Writing for the drama is the contest winner Park Seok-ho and directing will be helmed by PD Kim Sung-yong (My Healing Love, Let’s Hold Hands and Watch the Sunset). MBC drama The Veil premieres in just a few weeks away on September 17, airing Fridays and Saturdays, and will also be available on the Korean streaming platform Waave.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/09/new-stills-for-mbcs-the-veil-with-namgoong-min-park-ha-sun-and-kim-ji-eun/

• Like 4

Premiere Watch: High Class, The Veil

by missvictrix

premwatch_highclass.jpg

More dramas coming in hot! This week we have another pair of premieres, again offering us some very different genres — a spy-action-revenge extravaganza, and a mysterious tale that unfolds amongst the elite on an island paradise. Isn’t it nice of dramaland to try to accommodate each of our tastes?

The Veil

premwatch_highclass3.jpg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: MBC
Genre: Action
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: Namgoong Min is back and looking good in The Veil — no, not the crazy caveman hair, but those slick posters where he looks dark, determined, and boasts some very photogenic scars on his face. Namgoong Min plays a top NIS agent who suddenly goes missing for a year. When he returns, his sole purpose is to seek revenge on those that plotted against him. I’m getting epic Count of Monte Cristo vibes from this setup, which is a favorite paradigm of mine, so I have to be careful to rein in my expectations. Spy-action dramas always sound like a blast, but really, they are incredibly dependent on the quality of the script. And as we have a newbie writer here, we’ll have to wait and see. With bated breath. And fingers crossed.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Park Ha Sun Shares How She Prepared For Her Role In Upcoming Drama With Namgoong Min

d65016e384074fd59cac7bf83f207d31.jpeg?s=

Sep 6, 2021
by E. Cha

Get ready to see a new side of Park Ha Sun in MBC’s upcoming drama “The Veil”!

Park Ha Sun will be starring in the drama as Seo Soo Yeon, a team leader at the NIS’s Crime Information Center who begins to change over the course of the story. A resourceful overachiever who goes above and beyond when assigned a task, Seo Soo Yeon cares deeply about her team and its members.

Describing why she had been drawn to the role, Park Ha Sun remarked, “Through this drama, I wanted to show a new and different side of myself that I hadn’t been able to show before, and I’d also really wanted to star in an action project. [‘The Veil’] is a large-scale production that I think viewers will especially enjoy during these difficult times, and it’s chock-full of talented actors whose acting can always be trusted. There was no reason for me to turn it down.”

She added, “The biggest reason I decided to [appear in the drama] was because I found the character of Seo Soo Yeon so appealing.”

Park-Ha-Sun-2.jpg

As for how she has been preparing for the role, Park Ha Sun shared, “I’m currently worrying a lot over how to portray the character. In terms of my appearance, I’ve already made a transformation with a sharp-cut bob and smoky eye makeup, and I tried to take real-life NIS agents’ clothing choices into consideration and go for a clean-cut look.”

“In terms of my acting, I practiced speaking in a lower tone of voice than usual, and I also tried to be more precise and sharp in my pronunciation,” she continued. “In order to pull it off, I spent a lot of time and effort studying the script in study cafes.”

Park Ha Sun also reflected on the differences between her character and her real-life self. “In terms of our outward appearances, I don’t usually have many opportunities to wear suits, but I wore a lot of them for ‘The Veil,’ which was really fun,” said the actress.

“Also, if I had to face the situations that Soo Yeon experiences in the drama in my real life,” she went on, “I think I would have cast everything aside and left for good, rather than endure them like Soo Yeon does. That’s how we differ on the inside. [Playing Soo Yeon] gave me the chance to think about the pain of someone who wouldn’t act like I would, and I felt sorry for her.”

Park-Ha-Sun-3.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487339wpp/park-ha-sun-shares-how-she-prepared-for-her-role-in-upcoming-drama-with-namgoong-min

• Like 4

'Black Sun' Park Ha-sun "Please pay attention to the short hair, angry eyes, and the tone of 'Tanaka'"

YSPOQHWCOHTP6WREY6BELZXCZE.jpg

Actress Park Ha-sun shows a strong acting transformation through MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Black Sun'.

MBC's 60th anniversary special project, 'Black Sun' (directed by Kim Seong-yong / written by Park Seok-ho), which is scheduled to premiere at 10 pm on the 17th, is the winner of the 2018 MBC drama script contest by writer Park Seok-ho. It is the story of a field agent returning to the organization to find the insider traitor who dropped him into the abyss.

Park Ha-sun takes on the role of Seo Su-yeon, the 4th team leader of the National Intelligence Service's Crime Information Integration Center. She will form a tense confrontation with Namgoong-min (played by Han Ji-hyuk), adding tension to the play. Ha-sun Park (Seo Su-yeon), who has usually approached viewers with a soft yet lovely image, is expected to transform into the owner of a cold charisma, bringing new fun to the small screen.

Park Ha-sun said, "The very existence of 'Seo Su-yeon' is a reversal. The charm of ‘Black Sun’ is that it is impossible to know whether everyone is a good person or a bad person, but Seo Su-yeon is a mysterious person who has a question mark with her existence itself.”

In addition, as the characteristics that can best express her Seo Su-yeon, 'sword short hair', 'eyes', and 'talking' were selected. Park Ha-sun said, "The falling short hair seems to show Seo Soo-yeon's cold and bitter personality, and you can see emotions such as anger and contempt through her eyes." Then, she said, “As she is the most written character among her characters, her slurred tone and so-called 'Tanaka' style will definitely catch the attention.”

Not only that, he added, “Through her Seo Soo-yeon, I will show you a variety of new sides, from her cold and charismatic side to her human and emotional side to rough action.” I am curious about how Park Ha-sun will draw NIS agent Seo Su-yeon in her own color, and her first broadcast in the splendid transformation.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/09/07/ZRLLDKN3B5PTP2CWYSAHQJJEEI/

• Like 4

Namgoong Min Forms A Tense Partnership With Kim Ji Eun In New Spy Drama “The Veil”

Namgoong-Min-Kim-Ji-Eun.jpg?s=900x600&e=

Sep 7, 2021
by E. Cha

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Veil” has shared a sneak peek of the chemistry between stars Namgoong Min and Kim Ji Eun!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, he unexpectedly winds up losing his memories in a horrific accident that leaves all his teammates dead. After going missing for a year, Han Ji Hyuk makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

Kim Ji Eun will be starring in the drama as Yoo Je Yi, an elite agent who joined the NIS at the age of 20 and is held in high esteem at the agency. When Han Ji Hyuk returns to the NIS after a year, she teams up with him as his partner to help uncover the hidden secrets lying beneath the surface at the agency.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, the two partners work together as they come up with a plan to chase someone down. However, despite Yoo Je Yi’s cheerful smile, there is a strange tension in the car as Han Ji Hyuk scrutinizes her with an unreadable expression.

Namgoong-Min-Kim-Ji-Eun-2.jpg

Namgoong-Min2.jpg

Describing the two characters, “The Veil” writer Park Seok Ho remarked, “Han Ji Hyuk is a man who is like a sharp blade. He is a character who tailors everything in his life to his one goal—his duty—and he lives solely for that purpose. Yoo Je Yi is someone who has every kind of potential within her. She’s a character who could head in any direction, but she hasn’t decided anything yet, which makes us more curious about what choices she will make.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487655wpp/namgoong-min-forms-a-tense-partnership-with-kim-ji-eun-in-new-spy-drama-the-veil

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Kim Ji Eun Picks 3 Keywords To Describe Her Mysterious Character In Upcoming Drama “The Veil”

Kim-Ji-Eun-1.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 8, 2021
by S. Nam

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Veil” revealed more insight into Kim Ji Eun’s character!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor responsible for his downfall.

Kim Ji Eun will be starring in the drama as Yoo Je Yi, an elite agent who joined the NIS at the age of 20 and is held in high esteem at the agency. As Han Ji Hyuk’s partner, she gradually begins to uncover the agency’s hidden secrets when he returns to the NIS after a year.

The actress used the key words “question mark,” “clock,” and “triangle” as the three words to express her character’s traits. She explained, “Yoo Je Yi is a curious figure who makes one think of a question mark. Furthermore, if you look closely into Je Yi, you get the feeling that she’s lingering at a certain point in time. It’ll be even more fun for viewers to examine the reason why Je Yi’s time isn’t flowing properly.”

Kim-Ji-Eun4.jpg

Kim Ji Eun continued to share that although Yoo Je Yi appears to have easily rolled along the path of life without much trouble, she’s actually more similar to a triangle that had to force its way to roll down that path. Her intriguing description raises questions about how she’ll portray the complex inner feelings of Yoo Je Yi.

Regarding her first impression of the character, Kim Ji Eun shared, “When I first read the script, there were many moments that made me think that Je Yi’s behavior is strange. I worked hard to deliver the strangeness I felt then to the viewers. I think she’ll become a character that causes a question mark to appear inside viewers’ heads instead of just simple curiosity.” One of the main points to look out for in the upcoming drama will be how each character has a secretive story of their own.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487686wpp/kim-ji-eun-picks-3-keywords-to-describe-her-mysterious-character-in-upcoming-drama-the-veil

• Like 4

“The Veil” Writer Praises Stars Namgoong Min, Park Ha Sun, And Kim Ji Eun

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 10, 2021
by E. Cha

Park Seok Ho, the writer of MBC’s upcoming drama “The Veil,” has shared his thoughts on the acting of the three leads!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk unexpectedly winds up losing his memories in a horrific accident that leaves all his teammates dead. After going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

Expressing his complete confidence in Namgoong Min’s charisma and ability to portray the tormented lead, Park Seok Ho remarked, “Actor Namgoong Min has already made a flawless transformation into the main character, both externally and internally. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that he has transcended his role and is taking charge of the entire drama.”

Namgoong-Min3.jpg

The writer also spoke highly of Park Ha Sun, who will be starring in the drama as Seo Soo Yeon, a team leader at the NIS’s Crime Information Center.

“Her passion for the drama and her role is incredible,” said Park Seok Ho. “Seo Soo Yeon is a character who is sunny but also dark, warm but also cold. It’s a role that is full of duality, and actress Park Ha Sun is portraying that duality through her outstanding interpretation of the character. I’m certain that she will show a new side of herself [in ‘The Veil’] that she hasn’t shown in her previous projects.”

Park-Ha-Sun2.jpg

Finally, Park Seok Ho praised the acting of relative newcomer Kim Ji Eun, who will be playing Han Ji Hyuk’s partner Yoo Je Yi.

“Even though she’s a rookie actress, her acting is stable and full of confidence,” he shared. “She’s a breath of fresh air that adds vitality to our drama, which could come off as heavy.”

The writer added, “Yoo Je Yi is a character who has every kind of potential within her, and actress Kim Ji Eun is bringing the character to life with her unreadable charms.”

Spoiler

Kim-Ji-Eun3.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488013wpp/the-veil-writer-praises-stars-namgoong-min-park-ha-sun-and-kim-ji-eun

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Namgoong Min Talks About Bulking Up In Order To Play Elite Field Agent In “The Veil”

Namgoong Min Talks About Bulking Up In Order To Play Elite Field Agent In “The Veil”

Sep 13, 2021
by S. Nam

Namgoong Min has made a shocking transformation for his upcoming MBC drama “The Veil”!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor responsible for his downfall.

In order to successfully portray his new role, Namgoong Min gained over 10 kilograms (approximately 22 pounds) by working out. The newly released skills portray Han Ji Hyuk’s strong and powerful physique. In addition to his built body, Han Ji Hyuk sports a scar that adds to his sharp appearance. Han Ji Hyuk easily captivates audience with his gaze and expression that makes him look as if he’s focusing on something.

Namgoong-Min4.jpg

The actor shared, “Since [Han Ji Hyuk is] NIS’s greatest agent, I thought that I needed a big physique and physical strength that made it seem obvious that he could overpower his opponents when facing enemies.” He added, “I discussed this aspect with the writer when we first conversed, and the writer also readily liked [the idea].” Namgoong Min continued, “On the days I take a break from filming, I always go practice marital arts, or I go to the gym to continue exercising.”

“The Veil” premieres on September 17 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488459wpp/namgoong-min-talks-about-bulking-up-in-order-to-play-elite-field-agent-in-the-veil

• Like 2
  • Love 1

September 10 2021

Teaser trailer 4 for MBC drama “The Veil”

The_Veil-SI01.jpg

Teaser trailer #4 added for MBC drama series “The Veil” starring Namkoong Min, Park Ha-Sun, & Kim Ji-Eun. The fourth teaser trailer begins with Namkoong Min stating “Let me do the revenge you were going to do, because I am chasing the same enemy as you.” Above and below are still images of the three leads in the drama series.

“The Veil” first airs September 17, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Han Ji-Hyuk (Namkoong Min) was the best agent at the National Intelligence Service (NIS). He was admired by his peers, but he put the NIS in a crisis. He then went missing.

1 year later, Han Ji-Hyuk returns to the NIS to find the traitor that caused him to fall into the bottomless pit.

• Like 2
  • Love 1