[Drama 2021] Black Sun/The Veil, 검은 태양

larus

I just need to know:

1 why he erased his own memories? (he should have at least gone 'Memento' and left clues in the form of tatts across his body.) 

2. Who the heck sent him the Morse code and lead him to the locker etc? Obviously he's trusted someone and let them in on his little mission. I'm wondering does he have to find them? Or will they eventually find him? Like is it part of the plan that they can't reveal themselves until his memory resurfaces and leads him to them?

3. Who (most likely from the NIS) texted our little hacker and helped him out? My money is on So Seon but I'm ready to be wrong. 

4. Is my 'Chin-gu' bae, just the cleaner/fixer, nor the Bae something mastermind? We only saw half of him for a second and I know he important. 

5. I wish all our characters that share 'mutual enemies' will come together already. Jin Hyuk, his partner, and I suspect So Seon, all want the same thing, but bring down the corrupt higher ups of NIS. Like all three need to put that one card on the table so their mission can really start moving.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I just need to know:

1. May be it's his real mission that he must regain his memory through the process. I don't know. :sweatingbullets:

2. I had the same question as you! May be there could be someone else that we viewers are not aware of yet? I just assumed that Lee Joon Gi was betraying Han Ji Hyuk but guess he was loyal to him. Could it be Lee Joong Gi that sent him the morse code? And I think other people will eventually find Han Ji Hyuk in this case, just like Sang Kyun found him? They all know him since the beginning!

3. I also believe it could be Su Yeon. If it's not her, then Han Ji Hyuk himself? But it's impossible! :sweatingbullets:

4. I still think hard on who might be Baek Mo Sa? The mastermind!

5. Han Ji Hyuk, Yoo Je Yi & Choi Sang kyung should have mutual enemies here. And I don't think Seo Su Yeon has a mutual enemy in the first place? She is more likely the opposite in my point of view! :sweatingbullets:

• Awesome 3
  • Blob 1

Namgoong Min Tries To Revive His Unconscious Partner Kim Ji Eun In “The Veil”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 1, 2021
by E. Cha

Get ready for a high-speed car chase on MBC’s “The Veil”!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth following a horrific accident. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Veil,” Han Ji Hyuk was shocked to learn that it was Seo Soo Yeon (Park Ha Sun) who received the emergency call on the day his colleagues were killed, making her a prime suspect for the mystery agent who betrayed his team.

As the plot continues to thicken, Han Ji Hyuk will find himself in another epic, life-threatening car chase on the drama’s upcoming episode. In newly released stills from the next episode of “The Veil,” two cars dangerously race in the wrong direction on the highway as one car attempts to catch up with the other.

After getting out of one of the cars, Han Ji Hyuk makes an urgent phone call to someone with a grave expression, piquing viewers’ curiosity about the high-stakes situation that will put both him and his partner at risk. One photo captures the two cars seconds before a collision with an oncoming truck, while another features the agent desperately attempting to revive his unconscious partner Yoo Je Yi (Kim Ji Eun).

Namgoong-Min2.jpeg

Namgoong-Min-22.jpeg

The producers of “The Veil” teased, “[In the upcoming episode], there will be an unparalleled car chase scene that surpasses the chase scene from Episode 2. It will be the kind of spectacular scene that is extremely rare to see on the small screen, so you can safely look forward to it.”

The next episode of “The Veil” will air on October 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1491304wpp/namgoong-min-tries-to-revive-his-unconscious-partner-kim-ji-eun-in-the-veil

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Namgoong Min Can’t Ignore His Growing Suspicions About Park Ha Sun In “The Veil”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 1, 2021
by L. Kim

MBC’s “The Veil” shared new stills of Namgoong Min and Park Ha Sun in character!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth following a horrific accident. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

Spoiler

On the previous episode of “The Veil,” Han Ji Hyuk was shocked to learn that it was Seo Soo Yeon (Park Ha Sun) who received the emergency call on the day his colleagues were killed, making her a prime suspect for the mystery agent who betrayed his team.

The drama shared a glimpse of the upcoming episode that shows Han Ji Hyuk’s growing suspicions about Seo Soo Yoon. In the newly released stills, he secretly infiltrates her house and searches for any clues about her involvement in the matter that wiped out his comrades and memories. His expression turns grim when he discovers something, and it will be intriguing to find out if it will provide any hints about who she really is.

namgoong-min-1.jpg

Spoiler

park-ha-sun-2.jpg

namgoong-min-3.jpg

Seo Soo Yeon heads home without much thought, but once she goes inside, she grows tense and carefully looks around as if she has noticed something is off. Han Ji Hyuk and Seo Soo Yeon are seconds away from meeting, and curiosity is mounting over whether he will be able to escape without running into her.

park-ha-sun-5.jpg

Spoiler

namgoong-min-4.jpg

The producers of “The Veil” hinted, “Han Ji Hyuk is strongly suspicious about Seo Soo Yeon and feel greatly betrayed by her, but a part of his heart also believes her. It’d be great if you can pay attention to how the feelings of Han Ji Hyuk, who is only running towards the truth, will change, and what kind of twists Seo Soo Yeon is hiding.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1491343wpp/namgoong-min-cant-ignore-his-growing-suspicions-about-park-ha-sun-in-the-veil

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Namgoong Min Pulls Kim Ji Eun In For A Tense Moment In “The Veil”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 2, 2021
by E. Cha

MBC’s “The Veil” has shared a sneak peek of an electrifying moment between Namgoong Min and Kim Ji Eun!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth following a horrific accident. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

Spoilers

Previously on “The Veil,” Han Ji Hyuk slowly began to trust his rookie partner Yoo Je Yi (played by Kim Ji Eun) as they worked together to investigate the events from a year ago. Amidst emerging information about which agents within the NIS were wary of Han Ji Hyuk, the latest episode ended with a shocking cliffhanger as the police presented Han Ji Hyuk with CCTV evidence that he was the one who shot Seo Soo Yeon (Park Ha Sun).

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Han Ji Hyuk and Yoo Je Yi share a tense moment that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. While alone together, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly pulls Yoo Je Yi close and stares into her eyes with a cold, knowing expression.

The intriguing photos raise the question of what leads Han Ji Hyuk to examine his partner so intently—and whether Yoo Je Yi will finally be able to open up to him about her hidden secret.

Namgoong-Min-Kim-Ji-Eun.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1491434wpp/namgoong-min-pulls-kim-ji-eun-in-for-a-tense-moment-in-the-veil

• Shocked 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

the car chase was pretty cool..

I like the scenes between JY and SY. They are both smart and capable.

This is a new challenge for Jihyuk. He trusted only himself and now he cant do that either. 

ep 5 was so good..     :approves:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

It's a game of who can lie convincingly to sow doubts in the minds to the targets and other people. So Yoo Ye Ji is not as forthcoming as she seems. She's got several hidden agendas herself.

The production lessened the amount of goth makeup on Park Ha Sun. It's somewhat toned down in this week's episodes, but she still has makeup on after her operation, kekeke.

Spoiler

I mean no offense, as the OSTs are nice. But it would be better to have a singer who can sing in English to sing a song with English lyrics, instead of the singer eating the words.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Watching episode 6, I can't help but feel really bad for Han Ji Hyuk at this point. He is all alone in the world and there is no one he can trust. I see it like every person in the agency is faking it so that Han Ji Hyuk get lost on his way to find the truth? And why Yoo Je Yi deleted the only piece of video footage proves that Han Ji Hyuk is innocent? I don't trust Yoo Je Yi either. She's having a dark side that Han Ji Hyuk does not aware yet? :sweatingbullets:

We are already halfway through the series so can't wait for the next episode. I am so enjoying this! :piggydance:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

I've noticed the file wasnot HD in anywhere that I've tried watch it.  Legal or not. But, the MBC logo said its UHD. 

I've noticed the colour hue its little bit yellowish and wonder if its happened in flashback. I didnt pay attention the date before (Usually I will watch the first four casually to decide its a GO or NO) . 

And after seeing the cctv, China immigration was 2015/11/24 (year of the missing incident) and the Su Yeon incident was a year after that (2016/5/23). So, does this drama will catch up til 2021? A lot of things sill happen during this period of time. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Watching episode 6, I can't help but feel really bad for Han Ji Hyuk at this point. He is all alone in the world and there is no one he can trust. I see it like every person in the agency is faking it so that Han Ji Hyuk get lost on his way to find the truth? And why Yoo Je Yi deleted the only piece of video footage proves that Han Ji Hyuk is innocent? I don't trust Yoo Je Yi either. She's having a dark side that Han Ji Hyuk does not aware yet? :sweatingbullets:

We are already halfway through the series so can't wait for the next episode. I am so enjoying this! :piggydance:

I think she's a trojan horse too. And did she really delete it?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Took me pretty long to come and comment, but I am not too sure about Su Yeon's death here. I mean yes, they did tell Ji Hyuk about it in the end of the episode, but I am still not sure. Let's see if it did happen in the next episode. Just when she was getting more involved in the plot, she was taken care of. 

At this moment I am also not much sure about who the culprit is. Everyone of them are suspicious. The mentor who now suddenly wants to take Ji Hyuk down, Do Jin Sook who knew about Ji Hyuk's previous condition as well and still turned a blind eye to it. The other NIS chief/directors (whatever they are called), who wanted to take down Jang Ki Sun but with the turn of events decided to keep a low profile. Yoo Je Yi was someone I always found suspicious, or rather less trustworthy since she has got her own agenda. So we will need to know why did she really delete the video which could prove her partner's innocence. 

I think Do Jin Sook will save Ji Hyuk since she also has got conclusive evidence in her hands. Its clear that she will step in just when things are hard for Ji Hyuk, and it could be because she wants to win his trust. When everyone had abandoned him, she was the one who saved him. But I wonder if this trick will work, I don't really think Ji Hyuk will be trusting anyone right now. He partially did trust Je Yi and for now she has betrayed him. But then again, there could be more than what they have shown behind her deleting the video. 

What's bad for Ji Hyuk is that with the delusions he has been having, I think there will come a time when he will not really know about what is true and false. He already has been getting confused it, we saw it in Su Yeon's case. He no longer trusts himself right now, or rather he no longer trusts his visions, which will definitely make it hard for him. I wonder if Director Kang/someone else will use this condition of his to their advantage. 

Anyone else keeping the option open where he could be the one who killed his partners? I am not ruling this one out, till now the flashbacks we have seen from his POV have been the ones where he is exactly in front of them when they get shot (or maybe I am remembering wrong). But the case when his parents were killed and he didn't remember anything after that (and the fact that the case is still unresolved), could be that he was involved there too. I am not saying this is something which most likely happened, but I am keeping this as a possibility as well. 

By the Way Chingus, I have set up the poll, please don't forget to vote :hooray:

Tagging: 

@gm4queen, @TheQueenReturns, @an-naum, @reddragon, @backstreetboysfan, @SexyDolceVita, @rocher22, @MrsSoJiSub, @larus, @anjuliet, @lila21, @Ameera Ali, @Thong Thin, @phoenix24, @STARSX

Your Friendly neighborhood and Resident EOs,

@Lmangla, @partyon, @agenth, @confusedheart, @Sleepy Owl

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

On 10/3/2021 at 2:32 PM, gm4queen said:

Watching episode 6, I can't help but feel really bad for Han Ji Hyuk at this point. He is all alone in the world and there is no one he can trust. I see it like every person in the agency is faking it so that Han Ji Hyuk get lost on his way to find the truth? And why Yoo Je Yi deleted the only piece of video footage proves that Han Ji Hyuk is innocent? I don't trust Yoo Je Yi either. She's having a dark side that Han Ji Hyuk does not aware yet? 

We are already halfway through the series so can't wait for the next episode. I am so enjoying this! 

I am having the same thoughts as you. I think all these while Yoo Je Yi is making full use of Han Ji Hyuk in order to dig further information on his missing dad.

@Sleepy Owl  yes, everyone in the agency are suspicious to me too. I dont know who to believe and  your theory on Director Do, where she might save Han Ji Yuk at the eleventh hour.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

@Sleepy Owl  yes, everyone in the agency are suspicious to me too. I dont know who to believe and  your theory on Director Do, where she might save Han Ji Yuk at the eleventh hour.

Director Do needs Ji Hyuk to get the upper hand on both Director Lee and Director Jung in my opinion. There could be more reason behind her wanting to keep Ji Hyuk in the team, and also wanting him to be active in the field despite knowing his condition. 

At the same time, I think she is finding it amusing to see Kang Pil Ho going after Ji Hyuk like mad dog after acting like he cared about him the most. Kang Pil Ho is not someone to be trusted, seeing how he shot his shoulder and put the blame on Ji Hyuk for the same. I wouldn't buy him doing all this just to stop Ji Hyuk from being active in field only because he is worried about his condition. This dude is hiding something. 

So while she had the conclusive evidence to clear Ji Hyuk of all charges, I believe she was just curious to see how far Kang Pil Ho will go in his hunt. Also since she kept that evidence and didn't discard/destroy it means that she was planning to use it in the right time. 

The conclusive evidence is actually a weapon for her too. Since she can use it to prove that the evidence provided was rigged, and also prove all the other directors along with Kang Pil Ho wrong who were too sure about Ji Hyuk being culprit and wanting him down. She being the right one, and the fact that she asked the NIS Chief for more time to investigate or look into this case would mean she will have some upper hand in front of NIS Chief as well. Director Do is playing some proper mind game here. 

By the way, another mad theory, do you think Su Yeon is behind this all and wanted Kang Pil Ho, Director Do and Ji Hyuk fight amongst themselves :loolz:

In this drama, anything is possible, and if she is the mastermind behind all this, and if Ji Hyuk did indeed ask her about the incident in the scene where he suddenly attacked in her room before collapsing, she could have used his condition against him in making him doubt his memories. And also use this clear her name and maybe disappear making them all fight amongst themselves as well :rubchin:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

46 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

By the way, another mad theory, do you think Su Yeon is behind this all and wanted Kang Pil Ho, Director Do and Ji Hyuk fight amongst themselves 

When she was shot at the traffic light junction and whisper to Han Yi Hyuk not to trust anyone, this scene tells me

she is not but rather wants to reveal the truth before it goes out of hands. 

Ending scene in the hospital, I don't think Su Yeon died, Director Kang lied to Han Yi Hyuk saying she died but

in actual fact she has been moved elsewhere to keep her mouth shut.

(remember she is supposed to have a meeting with an editor)

• Like 2
  • Blob 3