[Drama 2021] Black Sun/The Veil, 검은 태양

larus

I just re-watched episode 6 and... Yoo Je Yi said that "Su Yeon jusy woke up"! But then director Kang goes like "Su Yeon died few hours ago"! What the..?? :unamused: Sounds like Han Ji Hyuk is being fooled by everyone at the department!!! Can't wait for the next episode!

• Blob 4

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I just re-watched episode 6 and... Yoo Je Yi said that "Su Yeon jusy woke up"! But then director Kang goes like "Su Yeon died few hours ago"! What the..?? :unamused: Sounds like Han Ji Hyuk is being fooled by everyone at the department!!! Can't wait for the next episode!

I thought for a moment that JY and director Kang set a trap for Jihyuk...   :unsure:

I dont want a cheap twist and for her to betray JH...

They are slowly putting  all the puzzle together...

:wub:

FAmGBP_VIAEsY51?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

There are more conspiracies and villains to come since we have not seen Baek Mo Sa.

Ji Hyuk may also be onto Ye Ji, which is why he only shares the things that he wants her to work on.

There is still the mystery of who is helping him on the inside.

On the other hand, isn't Cha Sung Woo the agent Soo Yeon had an affair with before she became Oh Kyung Seok became her boyfriend?

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

6 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I just re-watched episode 6 and... Yoo Je Yi said that "Su Yeon jusy woke up"! But then director Kang goes like "Su Yeon died few hours ago"! What the..??  Sounds like Han Ji Hyuk is being fooled by everyone at the department!!! Can't wait for the next episode!

Exactly having the same thoughts as you, poor Han Ji Hyuk being used as he is indispensable and should

things not in right order again all fingers point to him.

Even his one and only assistant, Ms Yoo deleted  the video which has been tampered. But, my hunch says Ms Yoo has a backup of the video before she deleted it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, GingerK said:

Just binged this on the weekend.  Isn't Chang Chun Woo a plastic surgery change for Oh Kyung Seok? I assume that was the point of stating that his face was so messed up that Su Yeon couldn't really ID him, 

Forgot to add, when Ji Hyuk asked Ye Ji about taking a different boyfriend to the same special place I got the sense that was him working out the identity of Su Yeon's boyfriend.  Oh Kyung Seok didn't say who his girl was. Also Ji Huk saw them kissing in the car but he only saw the back of his head. She got uncomfortable hearing the name CCW because she knew it was one of OKS' alias'. Not to mention how an agent can get lost in their undercover ID. Just some thoughts.

• Like 3

when some incident happens, JY and SY always ask JH first as he is okay

of course, our silent guy never answers...  :heartxoxo:

I didnt understand if his biological parents were killed or his adoptive parents..   :unsure:

Stay With Me...OST part 2

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The Veil: Episodes 5-6 Open Thread

by missvictrix

ac302a50238abb341eb59878f2d37fc06f01636f

So many twists! The more our agent uncovers, the deeper the conspiracy gets. Though all his leads seem unrelated, each are slowly being woven together to create the bigger picture. While the pieces are filling in, we still don’t know how much our agent really holds in his forgotten memory, and as the stakes get higher, we see the ultimate cost of trust and emotional attachment.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP

Just like last week, the plot moves faster than light, and every step Ji-hyuk takes forward is another one into chaos. Last week our cliffhanger ended on Seo Soo-yeon confirmed as being involved in the leak that botched the mission in Shenyang, and we pick up there this week with a very Soo-yeon-focused bit of story.

Ji-hyuk is losing his touch with reality, and he thinks that he attacked Soo-yeon more harshly and revealed more than he actually did — in reality she’s only badly bruised, but something has changed between them, possibly because Ji-hyuk is getting closer to the core of the mystery.

Soo-yeon, despite not being in the drama that much, is a central hinge pin for a lot of the characters — not only the agent that died in Shenyang, but a new figure that emerges: CHANG CHUN-WOO (Jung Moon-sung).

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Veil0506_3.jpg

While Ji-hyuk and Ye-ji are digging into the case, Ji-hyuk gets played, and it’s not the last time that happens this week. He goes on a huge car chase after Ye-ji, who’s been grabbed presumably by Chang Chun-woo, only to learn that she’s been in the trunk of the car he was driving the entire time.

She recovers quite quickly, and meanwhile, Ji-hyuk reaches out to Soo-yeon about Chang Chun-woo. She finally seems ready to talk to him. The two meet and just when Soo-yeon is about to share some intel, we hear a loud crack. It was a gunshot. Soo-yeon collapses to the ground, and Ji-hyuk runs over to catch her. It doesn’t seem like she’s going to make it, and her last words before she loses consciousness are a warning for Ji-hyuk not to trust anyone.

To make this one step worse, Ji-hyuk gives his statement only to find himself being actually interrogated as the prime suspect. The CCTV footage clearly shows Ji-hyuk himself drawing the gun and shooting Soo-yeon point blank.

Ji-hyuk is already in a compromised psychological state, and apparently has been since childhood (the knowledge of which basically all his NIS bosses already have). Throw in this bomb of him “shooting” Soo-yeon and he almost cracks. Did he do it? It’s almost as if he can’t trust himself anymore.

He escapes NIS custody in true Ji-hyuk fashion, causing a massive car wreck and mayhem, eventually escaping the scene badly wounded. He and Director Kang have always had an interesting relationship, and in this escape scene, we see how very layered it is. Director Kang all but lets Ji-hyuk escape while (ostensibly) shooting himself in the shoulder to make it look like he had no choice. Loyalties and history sure complicate things, and we see that in basically every relationship in this week’s episodes.

Ye-ji secretly tends to Ji-hyuk’s wounds (she seems well-trained in emergency first aid — can we thank her NIS training for this?), and the two seem to trust each other very much at this point. I’m not saying there was definitely chemistry, but Ji-hyuk looks strangely appealing while bloodied, sweaty, and feverish, recovering on her couch. *Clears throat*

But Ji-hyuk is nobody’s fool, and he sees her secret investigation wall, confronts her, and learns that her father (also an NIS agent) disappeared similarly to Ji-hyuk. This seems to build the trust between them even more, and I’m glad Ji-hyuk knows this about her now.

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Veil0506_5.jpg

Ji-hyuk makes a swift recovery, and the two are soon neck-deep in their next lead. All these various leads start spilling together and are so quickly investigated that it can give you whiplash.

Ye-ji’s left a lead on her desk which reveals a Deep Fake program that’s able to alter CCTV footage live. It’s crazy! Ji-hyuk talks to the programmer that built the system, and learns how it works (and how it’s been abused). Simultaneously, the two are still investigating the case of a reporter named JUNG KI-SUN (Kim Ji-sung) — it’s seemed fishy from the start, and then when the NIS decides to make it “disappear” it only gets more so.

The real culprit behind Soo-yeon’s shooting is tied to the Deep Fake program, which is in turn tied to Chang Chun-woo, which is then tied to Jung Ki-sun, who was primed to release an article that (ostensibly) confirmed his role in a new layer of NIS corruption. Additionally, Ji-hyuk learns about a powerful organization of ex-NIS agents called Sangmuhoe and susses out that Chang Chun-woo was basically the dog doing their bidding.

It seems like Chun-woo was the one that released the agent list that got so many people killed in Shenyang, and Ji-hyuk fearlessly confronts him. He is truly a hero who has nothing to lose, but this devil-may-care attitude (mixed with the black hole in his memory) is starting to make him vulnerable.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/10/the-veil-episodes-5-6-open-thread/

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Namgoong Min And Kim Ji Eun Become Involved In A Tense Situation In “The Veil”

Oct 8, 2021

by L. Kim

MBC’s “The Veil” has shared a sneak peek of a heart-pounding moment!

“The Veil” is a blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth following a horrific accident. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

Spoilers

Previously, Han Ji Hyuk was arrested on charges of sniping his colleague Seo Soo Yeon (Park Ha Sun), but he escaped and tried to find the real culprit on his own. In the process, he received help from his partner Yoo Je Yi (Kim Ji Eun). Han Ji Hyuk visited the hospital after hearing that Seo Soo Yeon had regained consciousness, but he fell into a trap and became surrounded by NIS agents. Viewers were especially shocked to find out that Yoo Je Yi had deleted the original security footage that was the decisive evidence to prove his innocence.

In the midst of this unpredictable development, Han Ji Hyuk and Yoo Je Yi get involved in a fierce pursuit. The two aim their guns at someone, and viewers are eager to find out if he will team up with the one who had betrayed him.

kim-ji-eun-1.jpg

namgoong-min-11.jpg

More stills show Yoo Je Yi in a doctor’s gown and heading somewhere urgently. She confronts mysterious men who hold up their arms in surrender. What kind of operation is she trying to carry out, and will she be able to overcome this crisis?

Spoiler

kim-ji-eun-2.jpg

Spoiler

the-veil-2.jpg

The drama’s producers teased, “Did Seo Soo Yeon, who had fallen into a coma, really die? Why did Yoo Je Yi betray Han Ji Hyuk? These unanswered questions will be resolved through today’s broadcast. You will be able to see several twists and meet a wild and thrilling chase unique to ‘The Veil,’ so please don’t miss it.”

The next episode of “The Veil” will air on October 8 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1492473wpp/namgoong-min-and-kim-ji-eun-become-involved-in-a-tense-situation-in-the-veil

• Blob 3

Today EP 7 was one of the best ones, and more revealing of the characters in this EP, Baekmosa finally showed up at the end. The twist plots are at least shown twice in this EP. 

This is one of the most awesome dramas I have ever seen - love it, there are always unexpected twists in the end. I hope this drama gets a rating above 10.

In addition, what impressed me the most were :

1. EP 7 -  the elevator lift that able to skip the floor level to the basement (invisibly) and

2. EP 6 - CCTV shift of character images (virtual vs reality) thru AI software, this sounds nothing new, we know it can be done easily just like James bond movie, but we never know that the small details showing how they decode it can add interest to this exciting plot.

The only loophole I felt was Ms Yoo Je-Yi, it seems that she can master everything well in the NIS, NFS system or any authority security system. She is a young agent and new bird, how can she be able to access so much information as compared to the seniors. Even if using hacking, it will alert the higher authorities. Of course, the higher up are aware and "allowed" them to do the tracing, including Do Jin-Sook, Kang Pil-Ho and Lee In-Hwan  :D

Also, Je-yi went down to the basement clinic and found out there was a medicine can be vaccinated to cause a "fake death" temporary, this might happen to Soo-Yeon that probably planned out by Kang Pil-Ho. Let's see.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Just finished watching episode 7. I love the team work of Han Ji Hyuk and Yoo Je yi. The girl is so smart that she always come up with professional theories to break down the barriers. :)

And who is the real traitor here? Come to think of it, Seo Su Yeon was innocent? Then director Ha Dong-Kyun seems okay as he was helping out Han Ji Hyuk so far? I am dwelling in between director Kang & Do? Who do you guys think that the traitor inside the agency is? Or it's someone we don't get yet? I am so looking forward for tonight's episode! B)

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And who is the real traitor here? Come to think of it, Seo Su Yeon was innocent? Then director Ha Dong-Kyun seems okay as he was helping out Han Ji Hyuk so far? I am dwelling in between director Kang & Do? Who do you guys think that the traitor inside the agency is? Or it's someone we don't get yet? I am so looking forward for tonight's episode! B)

Me too. I always like this type of internal affair in the authority agencies and undercover storyline....

It's so hard to guess which one is the real traitor, the writer is doing such a good job that anyone in the agency "seems to be bad guy" turned into a good one or the least suspect person, like soo yeon case. And  Je-Yi seems to be a good girl and later almost betrayed him, but conscience and logic pulled her back. This must give credit to the writer.

For Do Jin-Sook and Kang Pil-Ho, they have conflict between the two, even though Kang is reporting to Do. I think he is secretly building his own army, ensuring his teammates trust him or share information with him. Like Soo yeon in the past. Obviously, Do Jin-Sook is busy having power struggling with Lee In-Hwan, while Kang Pil-Ho tried to do something to hide the information. But for now, based on the writing style of previous EPs, I will reserve that Kang may not be a traitor (although it seems that we are heading this direction), and the writer may eventually give us more surprises, twists and turns in the upcoming EPs. :) 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Me too. I always like this type of internal affair in the authority agencies and undercover storyline....

One more question. How did you figure it out that the man in question at the end of episode 7 is Baek Mo Sa? I mean what is your theory to say he is the one?? Or am I missing something here? :D As of the name Baek Mo Sa, I figured out as he must be an old man! So I'd love to hear the theory behind your guess!

• Blob 1

20 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

One more question. How did you figure it out that the man in question at the end of episode 7 is Baek Mo Sa? I mean what is your theory to say he is the one?? Or am I missing something here? :D As of the name Baek Mo Sa, I figured out as he must be an old man! So I'd love to hear the theory behind your guess!

I have this habit to check the name lists and actor's relationship chart whenever i watched Kdrama so that I can refer to each character names when they mentioned in drama, to avoid confusion. 

In the chart, i could see the name and face of that person. Baek Mo-Sa shown the face clearly at the end of EP7.

In fact, if you could recall at the beginning of Ep7, Baek Mo-Sa shown up (but in the dark mode) when he ordered his men to beat up and killed Chang Chun-Woo who was tied up. So, he appeared twice in this show. :D.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Kim Ji Eun Learns Something That Makes Her Lose Her Logic In “The Veil”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 9, 2021
by L. Kim

MBC’s “The Veil” has shared new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Veil” is a blockbuster spy drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth following a horrific accident. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

Spoilers

Previously, Han Ji Hyuk was proven innocent after the original security footage of Seo Soo Yeon (Park Ha Sun) was released. However, the war of nerves continued between the foreign and domestic bureaus. Han Ji Hyuk predicted that the traitor inside NIS is related to Jang Chun Woo’s (Jung Moon Sung‘s) death, so he asked Do Jin Sook (Jang Young Nam) to let him partner up with Yoo Je Yi (Kim Ji Eun) again.

Newly released stills show Han Ji Hyuk and Yoo Je Yi working together. Then things turn upside down for Yoo Jae Yi as she experiences emotional turmoil. She is soaked to the bone from the rain, but that doesn’t stop her from aiming a gun at someone. What did Yoo Je Yi find out after investigating with Han Ji Hyuk?

namgoong-min-kim-ji-eun1.jpg

kim-ji-eun-21.jpg

The drama’s production team hinted that as Han Ji Hyuk and Yoo Je Yi search for the truth as a team again, they will come across the truth of her missing father. They added, “Please focus on the stories of each character.”

The next episode of “The Veil” airs on October 9 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1492623wpp/kim-ji-eun-learns-something-that-makes-her-lose-her-logic-in-the-veil

• Love 2