[Drama 2021] Black Sun/The Veil, 검은 태양

larus

Actress Kim Ji Eun Tests Positive For COVID-19

5d23c0aeac584c949773b5ec9fc46d9e.jpeg?s=

Aug 19, 2021
by C. Hong

Actress Kim Ji Eun has been diagnosed with COVID-19.

On August 19, her agency, HB Entertainment, stated, “Kim Ji Eun tested positive for COVID-19 today. After she finished filming her drama on August 11, she attended a meal at which she crossed paths with a confirmed COVID-19 case. She went to get tested right away and received a negative test result on August 17. However, in accordance with the disease control guidelines, she went into self-quarantine. After feeling symptoms of ill health, she was tested again and received a positive test result. She will now enter a treatment facility.”

Kim Ji Eun was filming the upcoming MBC blockbuster drama “The Veil,” which stars Namgoong Min.

The production staff of “The Veil” stated, “Although the disease control authorities have not classified any of our cast and crew as a close contact, we have advised all the actors and production staff members to get tested just in case. Our entire filming schedule has been conducted with weekly testing for COVID-19. We have completed a large portion of filming. There might be adjustments to the filming schedule, but it will likely not impact the broadcast schedule. Kim Ji Eun’s health is our top concern.”

We wish Kim Ji Eun a speedy recovery.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484516wpp/actress-kim-ji-eun-tests-positive-for-covid-19

• Like 1

Watch: Namgoong Min Perfectly Synchronizes With His Secret Agent Role For “The Veil” Poster Shoot

5ab76a5b34334e34815a33e47342ad85.jpeg?s=

Aug 22, 2021
by S. P

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Veil” has released a behind-the-scenes video for the poster shoot!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent who is a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). Due to his perfect record and skill at completing missions, Han Ji Hyuk is a top agent who is held in high esteem by his colleagues.

In the video, Namgoong Min works on immersing himself into his role as Han Ji Hyuk, taking on a variety of poses and working hard to express subtle emotions. When he discusses with the staff beforehand, he tries to pinpoint the sorrow felt by his character, earning a laugh from them after he comments, “I’m confident in being sad.”

Namgoong-Min2.jpg

Namgoong Min explains the concept of the poster shoot, saying, “Han Ji Hyuk is emotionally unstable and very suspicious of someone. Since he’s wandering around trying to find the object of his suspicion, I think the poster will reflect his more sharpened side that’s ready to attack.” He also comments on how shooting for the poster gives him excitement at the realization that the drama will be airing soon.

The video wraps up as Namgoong Min poses against an eerie purple background, taking directions from the surrounding staff to ensure he makes the most of the sinister and mysterious aura.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484943wpp/watch-namgoong-min-perfectly-synchronizes-with-his-secret-agent-role-for-the-veil-poster-shoot

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Namgoong Min Is A Hard-Boiled Secret Agent With A Forgotten Past In “The Veil”

de4d2e920b8649ddadeb44dd4a07f2da.jpeg?s=

Aug 23, 2021
by S. Nam

Namgoong Min exudes charisma in new stills for MBC’s upcoming drama “The Veil”!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent who is a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). Due to his perfect record and skill at completing missions, Han Ji Hyuk is a top agent who is held in high esteem by his colleagues.

However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor responsible for his downfall.

In the newly released stills, Han Ji Hyuk wears a perfectly fitted suit with a sharp gaze. He has an undecipherable expression that still conveys his anguish as he aims the gun towards someone.

Namgoong-Min3.jpg

Namgoong Min also shocks viewers with his drastic transformation as he skillfully portrays Han Ji Hyuk’s fierce charisma and complex mix of emotions from the anger of having lost his peers as well as the feelings of loss and fear from having forgotten his memories. The actor revealed that he has gained at least 10 kilograms (approximately 22 pounds) through exercise, which is highlighted by his form-fitting suit.

Scriptwriter Park Seok Ho shared, “Han Ji Hyuk is a man who is like a sword. He’s fitting everything he has to the one goal of his mission, and he’s an individual who exists only for that. Actor Namgoong Min is already perfectly in sync with the main character, inside and out. It’s not exaggeration to say that he’s dominating the entire drama and going beyond just his role.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485059wpp/namgoong-min-is-a-hard-boiled-secret-agent-with-a-forgotten-past-in-the-veil

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Actor Park Ha-sun arrives at the set of MBC's Friday-Saturday drama <Black Sun>! A fun shooting with a director full of energy

'Black Sun' Lee Kyung-young, Jang Young-nam, and Yoo Oh-seong, their presence exploded from casting... I got a scene stealer

7EZJR73CR3BUOSIW2W5LANAY7A.jpg

Actors Lee Kyung-young, Jang Young-nam, and Yoo Oh-seong create a secret and sparkly confrontation over the power relationship within the NIS in 'Black Sun'.

On the 25th, MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Black Sun' (played by Park Seok-ho, directed by Kim Seong-yong) released still cuts of Lee Kyung-young, Jang Young-nam, and Yoo Oh-seong.

First, the relationship between Lee In-hwan (Lee Kyung-young), who is the first deputy director of the domestic part of the National Intelligence Service and a strong trust within the organization, and Do Jin-sook (Jang Young-nam), the second deputy director of the overseas part of ‘Iron Woman’ stimulates interest. Contrary to his sad appearance, Lee In-hwan is the person who created the evil habits and evils of the organization, and Do Jin-suk is a person with bold leadership who has led the organization with the caution that cows should be sacrificed for the sake of the generation. A heart-wrenching psychological battle will unfold between Lee In-hwan, who wants to maintain power, and Do Jin-sook, who wants to strengthen the overseas part, which has not seen the light of the domestic part, which is trying to win.

The presence of Baek Mo-sa (played by Yoo Oh-seong) doubles the mystery. Baek Mo-sa, a dark figure who has built up his own power on the border between China and North Korea, collides with the figures of the National Intelligence Service, creating a more complex conflict structure.

In this way, 'Black Sun', which deals with various conflicts such as the sharp power struggle within the NIS centering on Lee In-hwan and Do Jin-suk, and the relationship between Baek Mo and the NIS, is the MBC drama 'Undefeated' with writer Park Seok-ho, who will continue the myth of 'Incarceration' and 'My Producer Kim Seong-yong, who directed 'Love Healing', is expected to open a new horizon in the Korean-style spy action drama as it is considered one of the most anticipated works of the year.

'Black Sun' will premiere on September 17th at 10PM on MBC and wave.

(Google translate)

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/08/25/F5KQGT7HYPKAMG67ZQ5SK7Z5AE/

• Like 3

Resuming filming of 'Black Sun',

XR7W7ASOQW7WLEXCWHEOHFHEUI.jpg

The side of MBC's new drama 'Black Sun' successfully resumed filming after actress Kim Ji-eun was diagnosed with Corona 19, and all the cast and crew were tasted.

As a result of OSEN coverage on the 26th, MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Black Sun' (written by Park Seok-ho, directed by Kim Seong-yong) recently resumed filming. It is thanks to the fact that actress Kim Ji-eun, in the lead role, was diagnosed with Corona 19 and is undergoing treatment, and the test results of all the cast and staff except for her were negative.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/08/26/XMTCGCEVSF2QL5PXSIQD5CXRTU/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

And  even more excited for this too! Finall. Black Sun! spy action mystery genre! another fav. I'm excited because my fav genre's back!  I also get to watch upcomng tvN Hometowm (crime mystery thriller suspense).

If only we can have Nam Goong Min, Jung Kyung Ho, Shin Ha Kyun, Jang Hyuk in one big action thriller crime mystery drama! #wish

was checking page of the thread...

On 12/18/2020 at 4:29 AM, larus said:

I don`t think I found a good satisfying action-spy kdrama before. I am waiting for the IT show but nothing so far. I think the action dramas are very hard to do. The plot is the most important for me. The action scenes could be fine but the story is what makes the drama better. Fingers crossed that this is the show I am waiting for. The writer is a newbie but I am fine with that. He won a script competition with this script so I hope for a good drama.

@larusSame.  Please let this be good. We can see Nam Goong Min workd hard for this character.

There's "Vagabond" but not sure  spy kdrama because male lead is stunt man but female is under cover. I watched it but drop halfway I cannot remember anymore.  Btw, does "Heatless City" count as spy drama? or probably it's more police under cover drama? It's fav of mine.

On 12/18/2020 at 4:51 AM, agenth said:

True. What I found satisfying was IRIS back in 2009 ? My god. By today's standards IRIS is ridiculous, I know. But at that time I certainly enjoyed it. 

@agenth TBH, I've not watch IRIS. Though I think I did the one with Jang Hyuk. Is IRIS 2009 the one with LBH? adding it to dramalist.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Hwang Hee joins 'Black Sun' after 'Dali and Gamjatang'...

2021083130291121.jpg

Actor Hwang-hee will join MBC's 'Black Sun', which is considered the most anticipated work of the year.

'Black Sun' is the winning work of writer Park Seok-ho's 2018 MBC Drama Script Contest, and it is the story of a top-ranking NIS agent who went missing a year ago and returns to the organization to find the insider traitor who dropped him into the abyss.

‘Black Sun’, which is one of the most anticipated works in the second half of the year, is a work that stands at the center of the topic every day, foretelling the outstanding performances and overwhelming spy action of actors such as Kim Ji-eun, Lee Kyung-young, Jang Young-nam, and Yoo Oh-seong, as well as Namgoong-min and Park Ha-seon.

In the drama, Hwang Hee will play the role of ‘Kyung-seok Oh’, an NIS agent who longed for Ji-hyeok (Namgoong-min) and volunteered for the Black Sheep team, but was found horribly murdered after disappearing during an operation with Ji-hyeok a year ago.

Kyung-seok Oh' is an important character who has a special relationship with both Ji-hyeok and Su-yeon (Park Ha-sun) as a victim while keeping the truth of 'that day' wrapped in a veil. Hwang Hee takes on the role of 'Oh Kyung-seok' and is a responsible NIS agent, going back and forth between Ji-hyeok and Soo-yeon, showing off her perfect acting ensemble.

Hwang-hee is also expected to meet his viewers as he plays the role of 'Joo Won-tak' in KBS2's 'Dali and Gamjatang'. 'Won-Tak Joo' is a blunt and honest homicide detective, but only in front of Dali (Park Gyu-Young), he is the only person who is easy-going.

Hwang-hee, who returned to the small screen through two dramas in a row, said, “‘Black Sun’ was so intense and hot that it took my breath away from the script. He is truly delighted and excited to be able to participate in a work like this. With the director in the lead, he works hard so that he can contribute to the immense enthusiasm of all actors and staff. I think ‘Dali and Gamjatang’ is a work that can be seen with a smile and will relieve stress. He is working on filming with a happy heart,” he said.

Hwang Hee continued, “I think I’m lucky because I think I’ll be able to show my different charms through the two works. I will do my best to act so that viewers can immerse themselves in the drama and enjoy it.”

https://m.breaknews.com/830505

• Like 4

11 September K-Drama Premieres To Welcome The Fall Season

Sep 2, 2021
by D. Kim

K-drama fans, get ready! September is a big month ahead with a diverse lineup of new dramas.

Here’s what to look forward to:

The Veil

the-veil.jpg

Cast: Namgoong Min, Park Ha Sun, Kim Ji Eun, Kim Byung Gi, Lee Kyung Young, Jang Young Nam, Yoo Oh Sung, Kim Jong Tae, Kim Min Sang, Kim Do Hyun, Kwon So Hyun, Jung Moon Sung, Hwang Hee, etc.

Premiere Date: September 17

Broadcast Details: Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST on MBC

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent who is a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). Due to his perfect record and skill at completing missions, Han Ji Hyuk is a top agent who is held in high esteem by his colleagues. After going missing for a year during a mission to eliminate an organized crime syndicate, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who dropped him into hell. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1486688wpp/11-september-k-drama-premieres-to-welcome-the-fall-season

• Like 2
  • Love 1