2021 MBC DRAMA

BLACK SUN

The-Veil.jpg

Drama: Black Sun / English title: The Veil

Hangul:검은 태양

Genre: action, mystery, spy

Network: MBC

Episodes: 12

Director: Kim Sung Yong (The Flower in Prison, My Healing Love )

Writer: Park Suk Ho

Release Date: September 17,  2021- 

Runtime:Friday & Saturday, 21:00- 22:20

Production Company:

OST: part 1 요아리(Yoari) - Reason

Official site:

Plot

A spy investigation show with a story about a top National Intelligence Service (NIS) agent. In his endeavor to uncover the internal traitor that brought him to his downfall, he confronts a much bigger enemy behind the organization.

Notes

“Black Sun” is based on Park Suk Ho’s prize-winning work at the 2018 MBC drama script competition.

Cast

Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk

Park Ha Sun as Seo Soo-Yeon

Kim Ji Eun as Yoo Jae-yi

Kim Min-sang as Jeong Yong-tae

Lee Kyoung-Young as Lee In-Hwan

Kim Byung Gi as Bang Young-Chan

Jang Young-nam as Do Jin-Sook

Jung Moon-Sung as Jang Cheon-woo

Kim Jong-Tae as NIS agent

Kim Do-hyun as - NIS agent

Kwon So-Hyun as Gu Hyo-eun

Yoo Oh Sung as Baek Mo-sa

Hwang Hee as Oh Kyung-seok

Jung Ji Yoon as Kim Yeo Jin

Character descriptions

Han Ji Hyuk (Namgoong Min) is a top field agent in the NIS. He is held in awe by his colleagues for his perfect record and skill at completing missions. He had been driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner when he vanished off the face of the earth, but he returns a year later to shake up the syndicate once more.

Posters

namgoong-min1.jpg

b3baed5de6524edabd1a346c606631d0.jpeg?s=

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Black Sun, 검은 태양 - Namgoong Min

@Jillia, thanks for adding more information to the title. I had to rush to work and I did not have time. :D

An old article

Namgoong Min In Talks To Star In MBC’s New Blockbuster Drama

26d900791ddc4686848ceb3029410008.jpeg?s=

Nov 13, 2020
by M. Kang

Namgoong Min is considering an exciting new project!

On November 13, Xportsnews reported that the actor is currently in talks to take on the main role in MBC’s “Black Sun” (literal translation). The outlet describes the drama as a Korean-style spy investigation show with a story about a top National Intelligence Service (NIS) agent. In his endeavor to uncover the internal traitor that brought him to his downfall, he confronts a much bigger enemy behind the organization.

“Black Sun” is reported to be a 12-part series that has a budget of more than 15 billion won (approximately $13.4 million). It is said that it will be MBC’s biggest project for 2021. The outlet reports that if Namgoong Min decides to star in “Black Sun,” he will play the role of Han Ji Hyuk, the best killer in NIS’s Foreign Intelligence Department.

Later that day, Namgoong Min’s agency 935 Entertainment confirmed that “Black Sun” is one of the dramas that he is considering, saying that a decision has not been made yet.

So far, Namgoong Min has pulled off leading roles in a multitude of dramas including “Good Manager,” “The Undateables,” “Distorted,” and “Stove League.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437672wpp/namgoong-min-in-talks-to-star-in-mbcs-new-blockbuster-drama

• Like 2
  • Love 2

December 17 2020

Namkoong Min cast in MBC drama “Black Sun”

Black_Sun.jpg

Namkoong Min is cast for the lead role in new MBC drama series “Black Sun” (literal title). The drama series will be directed by Kim Sung-Yong (“The Flower in Prison“). In the drama series, Namkoong Min will play Han Ji-Hyuk. He is an NIS agent that seeks revenge.

“Black Sun” will consist of 12 episodes and air sometime during the second half of 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Han Ji-Hyuk (Namkoong Min) was the best agent at the National Intelligence Service (NIS). He was admired by his peers, but he put the NIS in a crisis. He then went missing.

1 year later, Han Ji-Hyuk returns to the NIS to find the traitor that caused him to fall into the bottomless pit.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/namkoong-min-cast-in-mbc-drama-black-sun

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Namgoong Min becomes a vengeful spy for blockbuster action drama Black Sun

by tineybeanie

ngm_newdrama.jpg

Workhorse Namgoong Min is at it again. Just two weeks after his latest drama Awaken started airing, reports have announced that Namgoong Min is already preparing for his next project. Blockbuster-style spy-action drama Black Sun is a 12-episode miniseries, tentatively scheduled to air on MBC in late 2021.

he plot begins with the top field agent in the NIS who suddenly disappears one morning, putting the organization into a crisis. A year later, he comes back with vengeance in mind, determined to root out the insider that betrayed him and dropped him into hell. Namgoong Min has confirmed that he’ll be playing this lead character, the perfect spy who is admired and envied by his colleagues for his ability to flawlessly perform his missions.

Rookie writer Park Seok-ho won the 2018 MBC screenwriting contest for the script of Black Sun. The contest has a track record of producing scripts with interesting drama concepts like Old School Intern, Miss Lee, and Radiant Office. Directed by Kim Sung-yong (My Healing Love, Flower in Prison), Black Sun has received a 15 billion won investment from MBC and Wavve (a major Korean streaming platform) to begin production. The air date has been set for late 2021.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/namgoong-min-becomes-a-vengeful-spy-for-blockbuster-action-drama-black-sun/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

These spy/NIS dramas I have seen are mostly hit or miss. I hope this one is a hit, as this genre could use more of the good dramas. The premise sounds interesting enough and of course Namgoong Min promises much. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, agenth said:

These spy/NIS dramas I have seen are mostly hit or miss. I hope this one is a hit, as this genre could use more of the good dramas. The premise sounds interesting enough and of course Namgoong Min promises much. 

I don`t think I found a good satisfying action-spy kdrama before. I am waiting for the IT show but nothing so far. I think the action dramas are very hard to do. The plot is the most important for me. The action scenes could be fine but the story is what makes the drama better. Fingers crossed that this is the show I am waiting for. The writer is a newbie but I am fine with that. He won a script competition with this script so I hope for a good drama.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t think I found a good satisfying action-spy kdrama before. I am waiting for the IT show but nothing so far. I think the action dramas are very hard to do. The plot is the most important for me. The action scenes could be fine but the story is what makes the drama better. Fingers crossed that this is the show I am waiting for. The writer is a newbie but I am fine with that. He won a script competition with this script so I hope for a good drama.

True. What I found satisfying was IRIS back in 2009 ? My god. By today's standards IRIS is ridiculous, I know. But at that time I certainly enjoyed it. 

Yeah I'm not really an action kind of person, if the story behind it is not satisfying. That's why The K2 for me was a miss. From that script competition I have only seen Goblin, and a few episodes of Kkondae Intern.  

Can I assume that the drama has all 12 episodes scripts then? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jillia said:

Park Ha Sun In Talks For MBC Drama Namgoong Min Is Confirmed To Star In

Great choice. I have liked Park Ha Sun since I first saw her in Dong Yi. Really happy to see her come back so strong after her hiatus. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jillia said:

I like that her career is really going and she is doing a lot of different genres as well. :D I hope she will confirm for this drama.

Right! I'm happy for her because she talked about how hard it was to get roles once she was married. She said she was repeatedly rejected by directors for roles for years after she got married and had a baby as directors didn't want to work with a married actress. 

• Like 2

March 3 2021

Park Ha-Sun cast in MBC drama series “Black Sun”

Black_Sun-FL-SM2.jpg

Park Ha-Sun is cast for the lead female role in MBC drama series “Black Sun,” co-starring Namkoong Min. Actress Kim Ji-Eun is also cast to play supporting character. The drama series revolves around a crime information center team. Park Ha-Sun will play Seo Soo-Yeon, who is the leader of the crime information center team. Her relationship with former NIS agent Han Ji-Hyuk (Namkoong Min) is not clear.

“Black Sun” will air sometime during summer, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Han Ji-Hyuk (Namkoong Min) was the best agent at the National Intelligence Service (NIS). He was admired by his peers, but he put the NIS in a crisis. He then went missing.

1 year later, Han Ji-Hyuk returns to the NIS to find the traitor that caused him to fall into the bottomless pit.

Black_Sun-3.jpg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/park-ha-sun-cast-in-mbc-drama-series-black-sun

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

• 1 month later...

Actor Nam Gung-min conveyed the recent state of being seriously enthusiastic about monitors with a masculine appearance. He is a real actor.

B26FLRJ6JROPZZRK2CZ5K7DGWQ.jpg

On the 14th April, actor Nam Gung-min posted a photo through his personal Instagram account with a short comment titled "Monitor". In his public photos, Nam Gung-min is enthusiastic about checking the shots he took with his small monitor. He even puts the earphones in, and he has a serious expression.

Currently, he is reborn as the protagonist Han Ji-hyuk by choosing MBC'Black Sun' as his next work after tvN'Day and Night'

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=9264395

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Nam Gung-min, what's going on... a face full of bruises and wounds? "Han Ji-hyuk studying the script"

DDYTDPSA2AJMZ5HGGKSRKHF4FE.jpg

Actor Nam Gung-min released the behind-the-scenes cut of'Black Sun'. On the afternoon of the 15th, Nam Gung-min posted two selfies on her personal SNS, saying, "# Jihyuk Han, who is studying the script."

In her photo, Nam Gung-min is watching her script with blood on her bruised face and lips. Nam Gung-min overwhelmed the gaze of viewers with her eyes with intense charisma and an aura full of masculine beauty.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/04/15/NETSKBBXUN7MDCNTS7QXJ36TIQ/

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...