[Thai Drama 2022] F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers

VeraV

16 minutes ago, Chibi8535 said:

Trust me, you do not want to find him endearing too early on. I watched MG 2018, and all 50 (minus 1) episode was the ML being all fluffy and adorable, and I was like 'excuse me, but how am I supposed to hate this absolutely smitten little puppy?' It took away from the watch experience, but I still recall him, and his pineapple-head very fondly! :'D

What I really liked in this version though, is Gorya very accurately observing that his makeover is very likely because he feels guilty. The script includes these tiny new details, that do make you feel sorry for the guy

Yes, totally agree with this!

It never made sense to me that he fell for her so quickly. I am liking the fact that they are taking it a lot more slow this time around, and letting the relationship grow organically.... :glasses:

@agenth chingu rightly pointed out that we still don't know what sports Gorya is good at. She got her sport scholarship....

Place your bets....

Bet Win GIF by Slotomania Official

Is it track&field? Equestrian? Judo? Swimming?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

the ending scene made more sense to me than any other versions. 

I liked Rui back when I first watched the Japanese Version. Reason: I was fan of Oguri Shun.  When I re-watched it I was laughing bc I couldn´t fandom how I liked his character. :joy:

I find Ren so far interesting.  He definitely has the hots for Mira. But I don´t think he still feel anything for Gorya. That could still change. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

55 minutes ago, joccu said:

He definitely has the hots for Mira. But I don´t think he still feel anything for Gorya. That could still change. 

Hey, at least Thyme has a type okay? no matter how creepy & Freudian it is! Ren, has NO 'type'. How could you go from having the hots for someone like Mira, to liking (& proclaiming LOVE) for Gorya? Makes zero sense. I could never be aboard that ship. Thyme's consistent, and I find that very admirable!:P

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

@Chibi8535  I never ship anyone.   And will not ship anyone also in this drama. 

and about types. Type´s changes when you get older.  

Thyme is Consistent and that is really nice. But also he´s never been in love before. So I think that is going to be nice to see when he figures it out that he´s has fallin in love with Gorya.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Reviews of Ep. 2

wit and folly Review & Analysis of Ep. 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKkmG4bOefc

The Review Geek Recap & Review of Ep. 2

https://www.thereviewgeek.com/f4thailand-boysoverflowers-s1e2review/

amandamaziiing Review of Ep. 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYLE3R5e8eg

Shooting Star OST Video (Click on CC for English subs):

• Like 2
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, partyon said:

No episode on Jan 1st?

Yes. No new episode because it is New Year's Day.  They will be airing New Year specials, I think, or it might be reruns. 

I am not sure. Anyway, Ep. 3 to premiere on January 8.  Ugh! Have to wait 2 weeks for new content!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Ep 3 was fast paced with many things happening in one episode.

Mira left, Tia entered the picture, Ren and Thyme had a fall-out, Ren and Gorya had fights and heart to heart talks, and in the end Thyme asked Gorya out.

Some thoughts:

• When did Ren and Gorya get so close? I mean I am really buying the fact in this version that she is deeply in love with him. And he cares for her too. I was almost getting a bit tired of seeing them only together in sweet discussions, so it was refreshing to see them fight too.
    Even though I didn't like the fact that he pushed her :rage:
  • Mira is awesome, but am happy she left with Ren. I was getting antsy that we weren't getting enough scenes of Thyme and Gorya together, so am glad that Ren left the picture for now.
    :byebye2:
  • Tia is so awesome! She's not just a violent big sister who berates her little brother Thyme. No, she's more like a mom to him, always making sure that he is growing up well. She seems to support him a lot, so it's nice to see that he can get some kind of love at home, despite his cold mother.
    And love the fact that she's already shipping her little bro with Gorya :wub:
  • The scenes that made me laugh out loud today were :D
    • Thyme feeding the cat so sweetly
    • Thyme asking Gorya out in a video assignment - lol
    • Thyme's and Gorya's fight on the bus
    • Thyme using the wrong word. Again.
    • F4 saying that they're not handsome enough. :joy:
  • Looks like F4 are already bonding with Gorya. :heart:

If there was one thing that I really loved about today's episode, it was the fact that Thyme acknowledged in the interview that he is difficult, that he won't chase a woman or wait for her, and that women find him annoying.

But I thought it was great that he said next that he was willing to change if the right woman came along.

And in ep 3 we saw him contradict every single word he said in the interview.

Gorya is the right woman for him.

:fullofhearts:

Now from a real world perspective, that's not how it works. :joy: You don't change yourself because of another person. Changing oneself is a lot more complex. But Imma gonna let it slide because this is Hana Yori Dango.

:lol:

My only negative comment about ep 3:

The actors playing Ren and Gorya are not delivering their roles convincingly in the more demanding parts that requires skills emoting feelings and emotions. Unfortunately both actors' lack of acting experience shines through in those scenes.

I am sure they will get better as the drama progresses.

Spoiler

A fun fact about the original Taiwanese Meteor Garden. It was Jerry Yan's first lead acting role (he played Thyme's part) and his acting was not very good in the start.

If you watched it to the end, though, you could literally see how much his acting had improved during the course of the series. :glasses:

Our original pineapple head :wub:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJKDcYFDl2uPdFkVcnEdQ

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Thanks for the poll @agenth :partyblob:

I forgot to say that I was really liking Tia's style in this episode. Not only is she beautiful - she has a great sense of style. :glasses:

Each Hana Yori Dango has always had its own flair for fashion. If anyone wants to take a look at the F4 fashion from 20 years ago, here's a video. With commentary. :D

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Another episode, and still the mystery on Gorya's athletic scholarship remains unsolved.

Parts I Loved:

unknown.png?width=789&height=390

• THE VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENT. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. The sub-par work reminding of 2000's (i guess he didn't have time to employ his usual IT guy), the hiphopvibes and the way he asked her on a date, but it sounds like he's asking for a fight. 
  • Aaah the ending. They just know how to end on a good cliffhanger. 
  • The beginning, the parody on BOF and how the dad said that it was an intentional kiss. I'm deaaad. 
  • The cinematography. I just can't get over the beautiful places and the way the shoot it, it's like the camera is softening the brilliant world of the rich and glamorous.
  • The music that blends into it.
  • And the voice overs. Usually voice overs annoy me, but here they share a glimpse of the characters' journey, their emotions and thoughts. 
  • TIA, Thyme's sister. She's awesome and the relationship between the siblings. Admittedly I was flinching as her high heel struck his chest. Ouchieeeee, but it was super sweet how she takes care of her brother, knowing he has to channel his energy in a different way.
  • Thyme being open and honest about his flaws on national TV! Boy has guts. 
  • The airport scene. Aaaah them being just kids. Like they are. And also how F4 reunite. 

Meh:

• Gorya and Ren's fighting. Their screaming just looks like two kids screaming about juvenile things. 
  • The friendship between Gorya and Mira just is super FastForward as they were on screen just once at the party before they share dreams, goals, and shoes. If I didn't know better, Gorya has a crush on Mira.
  • Everyone knows Gorya is crushing on Ren. Somewhat embarrassing as she doesn't know much about him except his online persona.
  • F4 dolls / merchandise :D. Yea I know they are famous and rich but still... hahaha
  • The scene in the rain and Gorya creepily watching them (Mira wore white. I was just concerned she was going to show a lot more). And Gorya also knows where Ren's house is hahahaha. I just thought it was badly shot. This ren dude loves Mira but he just stands in the rain and watches how his love gets all wet, when they could just walk into the house. 
  • Wow Gorya "stood" Thyme up for nearly 3 hours. Poor guy hahaha. 
  • GORYA WHAT ARE YOUR ATHLETIC SKILLS??????? TELL ME!!!

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Each Hana Yori Dango has always had its own flair for fashion. If anyone wants to take a look at the F4 fashion from 20 years ago, here's a video. With commentary. :D

this video doesnt work for me :/

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, agenth said:

Are you going to miss Mira and Ren? Or are you already looking forward for Tia? 

Let me tell you, I'll not miss Ren one bit. I'll be happy if he doesnt come back at all. This ep reminded me of why i used to hate his character in every single version. He VERY WELL KNEW that Gorya had a crush on him, its not that he was so inncoent to think whatever gorya had done for him was due to the goodness of her heart and nothing else. He knew that she is hurting herself when she tells him to go and pursue Mira. But he doesnt care. he is selfish no matter from which angle i look at it. And since i know how this story will go, it only angers me more to think about the things he will do once he comes back. ughhhh. 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Let me tell you, I'll not miss Ren one bit. I'll be happy if he doesnt come back at all. This ep reminded me of why i used to hate his character in every single version. He VERY WELL KNEW that Gorya had a crush on him, its not that he was so inncoent to think whatever gorya had done for him was due to the goodness of her heart and nothing else. He knew that she is hurting herself when she tells him to go and pursue Mira. But he doesnt care. he is selfish no matter from which angle i look at it. And since i know how this story will go, it only angers me more to think about the things he will do once he comes back. ughhhh

Yeah I agree. I hated this Ren here too.

The way he made his actions look romantic. Of course Gorya was going to crush on him then, because he "saves" her. Especially the fire sprinkler was over-the-top "romantic. barf. And then the way he leaned in super close and WIPED HER LIP. WHYYYYYY. He just loved her reaction to his proximity. 

I thought Kavin is supposed to be the playboy. Kavin should change his glasses btw as for me those golden rimmed glasses just look 70s and super sleezy. 

eat-winmetawin.gif

Otherwise he looks good.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, partyon said:

@agenth @kokodus I don't hate Ren, but he's halting my ship from sailing right now. 

Glad he left!

Wait till he comes back and cause chaos and mayhem to our smooth sailing ship. 

I really liked the part where Thyme had a narration about growing up. These kind of things, in my eyes, elevate the show. Thyme has got to be the more mature compared to his other counterparts. That interview bit also proved the same, seeing how he knows himself too well. But at the same time they have kept his innocent side intact too. They made him a nice well rounded character, its easy to fall in love with him.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Wait till he comes back and cause chaos and mayhem to our smooth sailing ship. 

Yeah, yeah... I know.... I just felt he and Gorya got too much airtime in ep 1-3. So am glad he'll be away for a while now.

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

They made him a nice well rounded character, its easy to fall in love with him.

Yup, his character definitely has more depth in this version, and am finding him more likeable because of that.

• Like 5
  • Love 1