[Thai Drama 2022] F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers

VeraV

just copying my post from add/subtract, my favourite moments so far, so i don't lose the links:

Timestamped - The way he asks her out on a date LOL.

Timestamped. The way the fight breaks out - but more importantly. HOW THE FIGHT ENDS. hahaha

Timestamped. The legendary kick.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

On 1/8/2022 at 10:01 PM, kokodus said:

Let me tell you, I'll not miss Ren one bit. I'll be happy if he doesnt come back at all. This ep reminded me of why i used to hate his character in every single version....
And since i know how this story will go, it only angers me more to think about the things he will do once he comes back. ughhhh. 

Hey, I found one of my brethren! <3 Hooray! Most people are busy fangirling on the second ML to ever realize what was the real-deal with him. The starry-eyed glasses filter out a lot of BS, after all! :P

On 1/8/2022 at 10:04 PM, agenth said:

And then the way he leaned in super close and WIPED HER LIP. WHYYYYYY. He just loved her reaction to his proximity. 

He always did stuff that amused him and killed his boredom. He loved getting reactions from other people. NVM if it was even his best-effing-friend. -_- 

He VERY WELL KNEW that Gorya had a crush on him, its not that he was so inncoent to think whatever gorya had done for him was due to the goodness of her heart and nothing else. He knew that she is hurting herself when she tells him to go and pursue Mira. But he doesnt care. he is selfish no matter from which angle i look at it.

Uhh, HE KNOWS what Mira is to him (his first love), he will be the same to Gorya (her first love). Both their first-love ultimately goes unrequited, right? You would think he would show SOME empathy and NOT play Gorya like that. But nope. He decides to return as a wannabe-f*ckboy. And proceed to mess up Gorya's life. Yeah. Thank you so much Ren. I hate you.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 3

On 1/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, Chibi8535 said:

Hey, I found one of my brethren! <3 Hooray! Most people are busy fangirling on the second ML to ever realize what was the real-deal with him. The starry-eyed glasses filter out a lot of BS, after all! :P

Yeah my theory is that they always try so hard to cast a absolutely gorgeous looking person for the character so that the audience will forgive and forget all the shady things he does in the name of love and friendship. LOL. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

Yeah my theory is that they always try so hard to cast a absolutely gorgeous looking person for the character so that the audience will forgive and forget all the shady things he does in the name of love and friendship. LOL. 

No disrespect to anyone's favorite, but I just wish that they would for once cast a person who actually has an emotional range in their acting. :unamused:

Every single person in this role has been seriously cardboard.

:emmm:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Every single person in this role has been seriously cardboard.

I think that's probably because of the character itself? He was originally written to be dry and bland AF. xD Really good-looking, but having the emoting range of a teaspoon. Also, there is a popular misconception that people on the autism-spectrum behave a certain way.... -_- 

Honestly, in almost all the versions, he seems to be high on some excellent-quality weed!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

This show keep getting better with each ep. The dialogues, the voiceovers, the way the characters react to situations....everything is very refreshing to watch. For all the hair pulling and bickering they do, thyme and gorya are the most mature version compare to their previous counterparts. I was surprised to see how calm and welcoming gorya was when thyme came to her house. Hands down my favourite scene was that dinner scene with the magic pork. Lol. After watching dramas for so many years, I rarely get touched by something a fictional character says or does, but that voiceover of gorya saying that they don't belittle anyone's problems and everyone needs a cure for their heart really touched my heart. 

And the scene outside their house was equally heartbreaking. Thyme very well knows that gorya likes Ren and he could have used this opportunity when Ren was not there to impress gorya, but he didn't do that (ahem, Ren should take note of this) He, instead, told her how good of a person Ren is...it made me respect thyme more because you know he is not afraid to bare himself and his flaws in front of Gorya. Somehow it made him look very attractive too. Lol. 

I'll keep saying this, they should really release more than one ep per week. One ep is not enough. I need more. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Hey everyone!

I've been a huge fan of the original HYD and seen all versions and I have to say I LOVE this re-make. This the same story and sometimes the exact same scenes but there is a bit more emotions and insight that makes this series so much better than the other versions. I am loving it!!! 

Let me tell you, I'll not miss Ren one bit. I'll be happy if he doesnt come back at all. This ep reminded me of why i used to hate his character in every single version. He VERY WELL KNEW that Gorya had a crush on him, its not that he was so inncoent to think whatever gorya had done for him was due to the goodness of her heart and nothing else. He knew that she is hurting herself when she tells him to go and pursue Mira. But he doesnt care. he is selfish no matter from which angle i look at it. And since i know how this story will go, it only angers me more to think about the things he will do once he comes back. ughhhh. 

Absolutely agree! Ep 4 was so peaceful and fun. I can almost feel my anxiety begin knowing he is going to return by end of ep 5 (I think). I never was a fan of him in any of the other versions. It was always Tham's character for me. Never suffered from a second male lead syndrome.

I am so glad that this series focuses on how keeping quiet is just as bad. His character was always seen in a more positive light (comparatively) but he is just as guilty of playing with people's emotions for the heck of it.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

New Behind the Scenes of Ep. 4 with English subtitles. (Click on CC for subtitles)

Interview of Female Lead Actress Tu discussing the drama and working with the cast subbed in English:

It's good to see our leading lady finally getting some promotion from the drama production team!

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

Poll time - With friends like these, who needs enemies?

f4thailand-f4gorya.gif

And this week's episode brings you more Drama². We see friends split and friends return. Oh, this should be published in a Gossip show. 

@kokodus @joccu @agenth @confusedheart @Table122000 @VeraV @Chibi8535 @jaslinnj @jewellangela

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

Ep 5 was great!

Struggled with ep 4 but this week's episode was solid! :glasses: Thoughts:

• Hana was so delusional. I mean she lacks self-esteem but doing PS to this extent is not normal anymore. Girl needs therapy asap.
  • I like how much more mature Thyme's character is in this version. In the previous versions he was a spoiled rich kid who loves a girl and tries to become a better man for her.
    In this version he's more aware of who he wants to be. Not just for Gorya but for himself. He's way more empathetic in this version.
    I just loved when he told Hana that she has to love herself, more than anyone else. Don't think any other Thyme has said that before?
  • I've said it before and I will say it again. How the heck can a bike / motorcycle burn like that? It's metal. Steel and iron won't burn in a normal fire :unamused: Annoyed me in BOF, annoyed me in this version too. :joy:
    MV5BZTNkMGIxNjAtNjFmYS00MGNjLWIyZmMtMjY0
    Like WTF? 
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Thoughts on Ep 5:

Overall I liked this episode, however I thought the beginning setup was not great.  Having Gorya's stint as a "bar girl" be the catalyst for  Thyme's upset just didn't make sense to me. I mean, he knows about her family's financial issues so why would he act betrayed? And Gorya denying the pictures and saying she was framed? Totally did not make sense in this context-of course she knows full well that all the pictures are really of her.  I guess I could accept it more if Gorya tried to explain what happened being caused by her family's financial issues with her grandfather's medical treatments and Thyme refused to listen but she did not even attempt to explain why she was at that bar place so the scene did not ring true for me. Maybe the dialog translations were not correct? I don't know.  It's like the writers were still using the old set up of Makino being drugged and photos taken while she was unconscious when writing the scene even though the set up was entirely different. Writing fail for me.

That being said, the rest of the episode was great, I loved the reverse of having Thyme being drugged and then photos of him with Hana sent out. (instead of Gorya character)  Loved that Hana took his phone and impersonated him with the Okay for the red card. Genius! 

Hana and Thyme's confrontation/discussion was really great. I loved how Thyme apologized to Hana for his past actions and then told Hana that she has to love herself first. And then Thyme's rescue of Gorya and the scene at his house was so sweet. His confession of love was great and Bright's acting was on point in that scene. 

Question: Was Gorya in the closet of Thyme's room or were they in another part of the house? 

So, Ren is back ( and looking so gorgeous!) Unfortunately, from the preview it looks like the character will continue with the old storyline of playing with Gorya's emotions in order to make himself feel better after the breakup with Mira. Ugh!

So far, the drama has been following the Japan version in terms of episode pacing and content, but it diverged here in this episode and had the Hana arc follow the Korea version more. I hope Hana stays away for good this time and we don't see her return later. 

I am loving the character of Gorya and the performance of actress Tu! She is definitely my favorite version of Makino character in the adaptations. Just so relatable! Bright's Thyme is also good, but I don't know if this character is my favorite version of Tusakasa yet. So far Dylan Wang's Dao Ming Si is still in first place for me. 

A big Thank You! to the writers and director for giving the fourth F4 character a purpose in the drama! I really like MJ character and how he is the one "spilling the truth tea" to the other characters. We can count on MJ for some honest talk and he also seems to be the one vested the most in keeping the friendship of F4 alive and well. I hope that as drama continues that MJ will be able to have his own storyline and character arc. 

Looking forward to the next episode and especially the development of Kavin and Kaning's storyline. So far, their dynamic reminds me of the Korea version (my absolute favorite for this 2nd couple) so I am really excited to see what happens with them!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

I don't know how many times I have said this but I am loving this version of F4. Even though I know the story they add in her POV that makes me feel I am watching a new show. I am loving all the new details they have added. 

And Tu portrayal of Gorya is brilliant. She brings in both Makino's strength and vulnerability. I love that you can see her falling for Thyme slowly. I did not find it that obvious in the other versions. imho, Makino's character always seemed more confused with her feelings for Rui/Ren than sure about her feelings for Domyoji/thyme. But I love that Tu shows us exactly why Gorya will end up falling for Thyme and fighting the most evil villain in drama history. 

It is so wonderful to see Thyme and Gorya fall for each other instead of just bickering. They actually talk and we know that they are in tune with each other's thoughts. This version has defiantly more layers and depth especially with Thyme-Gorya's r/s.

I found it brilliant acting and storytelling when, 

- ep 2, Gorya figured out Thyme was guilty about her treatment and was trying to make amends. She has already reached a point where she understands him better than anyone else. 

- ep 4, the fire escape date where they actually talk and get to know the other. This shows us that they bicker and fight but can also have a mature serious conversation. For a HYD fan who loves to wonder about their life after marriage, I can see them living life, loving, fighting and siting next to each talking random stuff too. 

- ep 5, Thyme realising that Gorya is still thinking about Hana (the closet scene). And later, I first thought the hana-Gorya exchange was just between them. But Thyme was watching both of them. I like that he respects Gorya's space and though he wants to take all her pain away, he knows he has to let her grieve for her loss of friendship by herself. But he is watching and waiting incase he needs to protect her. I love a man who knows his girl can fend for herself. 

- And finally, Hana. Standing applause to the actress who played Hana. She brought out the desperation, hate and obsession for Thyme so well.... it was a pleasure to watch her act. And her last scene was so well done. The writer knew that nothing she says to Gorya would be enough. Which is why her leaving silently was the best thing since it did not underplay Hana's emotions or Gorya's pain. But we know that at some level Hana is guilty for her feelings for Thyme made her do. Cause at the end of the day, Gorya was just caught in the middle of it all. And Thyme realising this and apologising for it was so mature and unexpected. 

Ep 6 : I hate triangles. And am not liking that Ren is going to cause a rift between the couple but this is needed. Gorya needs to know what she felt for Ren was just a crush and she is over that. She is totally falling/fallen for Thyme. I get that she doesn't immediately realise it. Thyme can a little overwhelming and she can't think anything beyond his presence. It is like before she realises she might enjoy a date with Thyme, he is already planning their engagement. Girl, needs some space to understand what she feels. Which is why she needs a calm Ren around her for a bit for her to realise that she loves only Thyme. Can't wait for that to happen even though I have to watch Ren around them. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1