Zhang Tang as Madame Sun
Tan Yong Wen as Rong Fanglin
Xing Jia Dong as Rong Dingkun
Liu Yan as Rong Fanghua
Yu Lang as Sun Shaoqing
Zhao Qian as Yu Zhihui
Yang Zhen

Synopsis:

Set in the Shanghai Shores at the beginning of the 20th century, where warlords begin to seize their powers; many heroes emerge, and revolutionary movements begin to rise. Making use of their wealth, the influential Rong family often abused their powers to commit various heinous crimes. In order to uphold justice, Feng Shizhen decide to embark on the road of revenge. She successfully sneaked into the Rong family, and became a tutor of the young master Rong Jiashang. However, in the midst of testing and making use of each other, Feng Shizhen slowly finds herself falling for the enemy's son. When the truth of the injustice and grievances that happened twenty years ago begin to surface, the two lovers who were initially in two different camps work together to brave through numerous hurdles, and ultimately reveal the shocking truth. Finally, Rong Ding's evil crimes were revealed to the world, and justice was served. Feng Shizhen and Rong Jiashang also got their happy ending.

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] City of Streamer 流光之城
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] City of Streamer 流光之城

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] City of Streamer 流光之城

Strange??  I checked the Directory 2 days ago.  This drama was not listed. But today, I click on Page 2 of Mainland Chinese Dramas and it is here! :lol:.   The Directory is not Reliable.

I check it out because there is hardly any good Chinese drama around.  I'm watching "Because of Love" (aka "A Chance Meeting").  But I needed another one to fill in.   I ended up finishing all 12 eps in 2 days.

I'm neutral as far as the FL is concerned.   I abandon "Rattan".   As for  Timmy Xu the ML, I have never heard of him.  I will rate his looks and acting as "Average".   Beautiful sets.   Storyline is ok - a revenge story.  So far so good.  I hope it will not drag eventually.   There are some signs of that lately.  Looking forward to Ep 13. 

I don't know what is the Timetable like.  @SC2019, do you know?

@hush puppy you mean the viewing calendar? Here it is. Rattan was a little strange but it held onto me despite its strangeness. I can say the ending is poetic?

Looking at the design of the film and the fact that the FL chose to act in it, I think this is something quite up your alley.

COS-calendar.jpg

Can't read your Calendar.  The wordings are too small :(

I gave up "Rattan" somewhere in ep 2.  Cannot hold my attention.

Yes. This drama plot is fine with me.  But the Actress is not a favourite of mine.  I'm neutral.  

The only C-Actress I like belongs to the Older Category - Zhou Xun.  None of the Younger Actresses catch my attention.  Most of their actings are Not up to Par.  They are like amateurs using Dramas as their Acting Lessons.  Which is not a healthy trend.

Why is this drama not listed in the Directory?

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

@hush puppymaybe this can help you see the timetable of the drama...

https://mydramalist.com/photos/xRker_3

I actually started watching this before Because of Love/A Chance Meeting ... but after 2 episodes, A Chance meeting took over my viewing interests... hehe

@realistic2280a Thanks for the timetable :lol:  "Because of Love/ A Chance Meeting" has an ep or 2 everyday.  So it is easier to watch.  This one only Thurs-Sat:(

C-Dramas usually have more than 1 English Titles.  So at times it is confusing to search.  They should get a Consultant to recomend the English titles for them.

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

@realistic2280a Thanks for the timetable :lol:  "Because of Love/ A Chance Meeting" has an ep or 2 everyday.  So it is easier to watch.  This one only Thurs-Sat:(

C-Dramas usually have more than 1 English Titles.  So at times it is confusing to search.  They should get a Consultant to recomend the English titles for them.

Hahha.. at the rate they are peoducing drmaas, they are at lost on how else to name their dramas as short as possible...

Yes, BEcause of Love is showing new episodes everyday, so its more fun to catch the latest episodes...

City of Streamers, i dont know the actors and acting seemed a slight stiffness.. once i finish Because of Love, i will probably go bk to this.. provided the reviews are good!..:lol:

20 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Hahha.. at the rate they are peoducing drmaas, they are at lost on how else to name their dramas as short as possible...

City of Streamers, i dont know the actors and acting seemed a slight stiffness.. once i finish Because of Love, i will probably go bk to this.. provided the reviews are good!..:lol:

@realistic2280a  China may be producing a lot of Dramas.  But I only watch a handful.  

As for "City Of Streamer", so far so good.  It is watchable.  But is inconvenient to wait for 4 days per week.  The FL is 6 years older than the ML.  At times, the Age-Difference shows. Especially when the Camera is taking a "Close-Up" shot.

Ah... yes i read that....

i saw video clips of Goodbye My Princess, i read from reviews that it was good.. and the actor was just 22 years old or something back then..... impressive.. but the storyline, seemed draggy and i just watched the short youtube clips and find that the last episode ending was sad and the actor can really act... 

For this drama.... my review is still mixed for the male lead as i just watched 2 episodes ... Some comments i read, he tend to see the the wall or something rather than the actress.. it might just be editing issue... but will see how it goes... :lol:

Yes. Years back I heard about "Goodbye My Princess".  It is quite some time already.  I did not have any interest in it.  So I did not watch it.  A lot of people complained about the ending though.

I abandon "Sword Snow Stride".  Everybody is raving about it.  So I forced myself to watch until ep 12 and still wondering what it is all about.  Had to give up.  I find nothing special about it at all.  When I was watching it, I kept asking myself: "Is this a Comedy or what.  If you say it is a comedy, it is not that humorous.  If you say it is a "huxia" drama, there is not much of it in the initial eps.  So I gave up :lol:

I also don't watch certain Actresses.  Because I've watched their work before and I don't like their actings.  So I never watch them again.  Nothing can compensate for "Acting Skills".

I think watching dramas is a " to each his own" kinda thing. Some dramas click for some, not for others and vice versa. 

I think this is a sort of "Romeo and Juliet kind of plot? Correct me if I'm wrong.

May be interesting, I love revenge plots. 

3 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I think watching dramas is a " to each his own" kinda thing. Some dramas click for some, not for others and vice versa. 

I think this is a sort of "Romeo and Juliet kind of plot? Correct me if I'm wrong.

May be interesting, I love revenge plots. 

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Indeed... hence thats why, thank god,  there are so many dramas out there, to fit almost everyone's taste? Haha... :lol:

@ElleSor  @realistic2280a  Very true.  Basically I like dramas with strong plots and good acting skills.

• Like 1

Hey @realistic2280a, You've led us astray from this Thread.  We should be discussing "City Of Streamer" and not other dramas :blush:.  (My apology to Those Who May Be Visiting This Thread).

This drama is not as bad as you've mentioned.  Do not be discouraged by what others say.  Watch it yourself.  I nearly gave up "Because of Love aka (A Chance Meeting) too.  Because the first 2 episode are too "Choppy" and slow.  But luckily after that it got interesting.  Some dramas don't

@ElleSor Yes. This is a Revenge Drama.  I finished Ep 16 yesterday.  Waiting for Eps 17 & 18.  Things are heating up.

For both of you - Ep 16:

Spoiler

It was Rong Jia Shang's (Male Lead) 20th Birthday Party.  His dad forcibly announces his Engagement.  He has no affections for his Fiancee.  It was a Business Alliance. 

At the same time, an Old Female Acquaintance from Chongqing, Ms Hashimoto also attended this party.  She was inadvertently invited by his 2 younger sisters. The Rong Jia Shang was once sent to the Military School in Chongqing and met this girl there.  The girl is interested in him.  But to the RJS, she is just a friend.  He was lonely there. He thought it was Love at that time.  But after meeting the FL - Feng Shi Zhen, he realises it is not.

At the same time, his dad Arch Enemy, Meng Xuan also came to this Party. Meng Xuan is also the FL, Feng Shi Zhen's "underground boss".  I use this term because both MX and FSZ has an Axe to Grind with Rong Ding Kun (ML's dad).  Meng Xuan recruited FSZ and sent her to RDK's manor under the disguise of a Tutor or Governess - to teach RDK's 2 daughters and eldest son (the ML or R Jia Shang).  But in reality FSZ is a Spy, sent there to gather and pass  information to Meng Xuan.  They want to bring down Rong Ding Kun.

It was under such an atmosphere then,  that the Male Lead confesses his Love to the FL, Feng Shi Zhen's 

So tonight's eps should be interesting.