[Drama 2022] Why Her / Why Oh Soo Jae?, 왜 오수재인가

larus

SBS DRAMA 2022

WHY OH SOO JAE

202205171031339063_l.jpg

Drama: Why Oh Soo Jae/ Why Her (English title)

Hangul:왜 오수재인가

Genre: melodrama, romance

Network: SBS

Episodes: 16

Director:  Park Soo Jin (Doctors, Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim, While You Were Sleeping)

Writer: Kim Ji Eun (Cheongdamdong Scandal, Lies of Lies)

Release Date: June 3, 2022- July 23, 2022

Runtime: Friday & Saturday

Production Company:

OST: part 1 Sohyang (소향) - Vincent

part 2 DOKO(도코) - Beautiful

part 3 하진(HAJIN) - What about us

Official site:

Plot

It’s a detailed melodrama that will portray the romance between a professor and a student in law school.

“Why Oh Soo Jae?” is a drama that tells the story of a woman who makes the wrong choice in life and lives for the wrong kind of success. After she falls in love with a certain young man, she changes the direction of her life and learns to properly love herself. It is a love story that is described as painful yet exciting and cold yet warm.

Cast

Seo Hyun-jin as Oh Soo Jae

Hwang In Yeop as  Gong Chan

Heo Jun-ho as Choi Tae-Kook

Bae In Hyuk as Choi Yoon Sang

Cha Chung-hwa as Chae Jun-hee

Lee Kyung-young as Han Seong-beom

Lee Joo Woo as Song Mi-lim

Lee Jin-hyuk as Nam Chun-bong

Bae Hae-sun as Ji Soon-ok

Jeon Jin-ki as Ha Il-gu

Ji Seung Hyun as Choi Ju-wan

Park Shin Woo as Han Dong Oh

Ji Joo Yeon as Jung Hee-young 

Nam Ji Hyun as Na Sae-ryun

Choi Young-Joon as Yoon Se-pil

Kim Joong Don as Do Jin-myung

Kim Jae-hwa as Kang-ja Jo

Seo Jin Won as Kim Sang-man (Gong Chan`s father)

Jo Dal Hwan as Ku Jo-gab

Kim Chang Wan as Baek Jin-ki

Lee Yoo Jin  as Gong Chan (teen)

Lee Kyu Sung as

Lee Jin-hee as judge Seo Jun-myung

Kwon Sang Woo as Jung Hyun Soo (cameo)

Character descriptions

Seo-Hyun-Jin.jpg

“Instead of regretting, I became resolved. To have everything,”

Oh Soo Jae (Seo Hyun Jin)  is the youngest ace partner at the leading TK Law Firm. She is a cold character equipped with a flaming desire to win and fearless self-righteousness that makes her opponents kneel before her. 

Hwang-In-Yeop.jpg

“I believe… that you are a good person”

Gong Chan (Hwang In Yeop ) has great empathy that allows him to look into other people’s hearts. However, he also has a painful past that caused his fate to become twisted. Gong Chan begins to experience a change after fatefully meeting Oh Soo Jae who has been pushed out of her position to become an affiliated professor for the law school due to an unexpected incident.

Heo-Joon-Ho.jpg

“No matter how smart you may be, you’re in the palm of my hand.”

Choi Tae Guk (Heo Joon Ho) is TK Law Firm’s chairman.He openly crosses the boundary of good and evil without any hesitation if it’s to materialize his desires.

Bae-In-Hyuk.jpg

“From now on, if anything happens, call me, not anyone else,”

Choi Yoon Sang (Baek In Hyuk) is a sophomore at Seojoong University’s law school and the second son of TK Law Firm head Choi Tae Guk. When he was studying to retake his college entrance exam, he developed a crush on his tutor Oh Soo Jae, and he reunites with her at Seojoong University’s legal clinic where she has become a professor.

Posters

Why-Her.jpeg

Why-Her.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Seo Hyun Jin Confirmed For Leading Role In New SBS Drama

0666445381644b3fad0c1fdf381bfbfa.jpeg?s=

Dec 10, 2020
by L. Kim

Seo Hyun Jin has chosen her next project!

On December 10 via YouTube during a showcase that discussed the lineup of SBS’s 2021 dramas, variety shows, and cultural programs, Studio S’s CEO Han Jung Hwan shared Seo Hyun Jin has been cast to play the leading role in “Why Oh Soo Jae?” (literal title).

Han Jung Hwan described the drama, saying, “It’s a detailed melodrama that will portray the romance between a professor and a student in law school. It’s the next project of Seo Hyun Jin, the queen of romance, and she will play the female lead named Oh Soo Jae. The actor who will play the younger male lead is still a secret.”

Then he commented, “Seo Hyun Jin’s character is a very bad-tempered and mean professor. When I asked her why she wanted to take this role, she said, ‘I want to play this character because she’s a really cruel and despicable woman.’ Seo Hyun Jin will make a 180-degree transformation and show you a completely different side of her.”

“Why Oh Soo Jae?” will be written by Kim Ji Eun and directed by Park Soo Jin.

Seo Hyun Jin is also in talks for a new drama by the co-director of “The King: Eternal Monarch” that is titled “You Are My Spring” (literal title).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442772wpp/seo-hyun-jin-confirmed-for-leading-role-in-new-sbs-drama

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Fabbo said:

I can't get too excited about Writer and Director but i am just happy to see Seo Hyun-jin.

I am alright with the director. I only watched his latest drama. I did not watch a drama of this writer . I tried Lies of Lies but it was not my favorite genre at all . I heard that others enjoyed the drama but since I don`t like the genre it doesn`t matter for me. I hope this time it is not makjang . I will try to watch because of Seo Hyun Jin and because the lead woman is not a nice woman. If it is the kind of makjang like a soap opera, with over the top situations and acting, I will drop it. Let see who will be the male lead. He will be younger. I don`t mind a noona romance if it has a good storyline or a nice chemistry between leads. 

Seo Hyun Jin was in talks for another drama in 2021. She was planned coordinating schedules depending on the broadcast timing in order to show appearance in this drama and tvN drama but it was not possible. So, she won`t be in the tvN drama.

New updates, Seo Hyun Jin is still in talks for the tvn drama.

• Like 2

Seo Hyun-jin set to become a law professor in new SBS romance

by tccolb

202011731607642041_20201211081900920.jpg

A new romance drama is in the works for SBS called Why Oh Soo-jae and casting has been confirmed for Seo Hyun-jin (Black Dog) to play the leading role.

The story is reported to be a student-teacher romance with Seo Hyun-jin playing the titular role of Oh Soo-jae. Described as extremely bad-tempered and having a tendency to be unkind, the character works as a professor at a law school.

The male lead has not yet been announced, but presumably he will be one of the law students at the school.I’m always wary when it comes to story lines about student-teacher relationships. But I am relieved that the setting is at least post-high school and the student won’t be underaged. I do love Seo Hyun-jin, so hopefully the drama turns out to be a pleasant surprise!

Writing for the drama is Kim Ji-eun (Lies of Lies) and directing will be helmed by PD Park Soo-jin (Hymn of Death), who worked with Seo Hyun-jin previously as an assistant director on Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/seo-hyun-jin-set-to-become-a-law-professor-in-new-sbs-romance/

• Like 4

@larus Thanks for starting the thread! Can't wait to see how "bad" Hyun Jin is going to portray the despicable professor role! And who is that brave student who dare to fall in love with her? No matter how bad OSJ can be, I believe she has some likeable traits that attracts the 'mysterious' student who unwittingly fall in love with her. Let's wait and see...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hola2jin said:

@larus Thanks for starting the thread! Can't wait to see how "bad" Hyun Jin is going to portray the despicable professor role! And who is that brave student who dare to fall in love with her? No matter how bad OSJ can be, I believe she has some likeable traits that attracts the 'mysterious' student who unwittingly fall in love with her. Let's wait and see..

Yes, let see who will be the male lead. As I said, it doesn`t matter if he is younger (i can enjoy a good noona romance) but let see how the professor- student relationship will be. I know that it is happening in real life but I can`t say I am a fan of watching this. I will be open minded and I hope for a good drama.

I enjoyed watching the last Hyun Jin`s drama Black Dog where she was also a teacher, a different kind of teacher. I am curious about the role of the female protagonists and her story.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 6:58 PM, larus said:

Yes, let see who will be the male lead. As I said, it doesn`t matter if he is younger (i can enjoy a good noona romance) but let see how the professor- student relationship will be. I know that it is happening in real life but I can`t say I am a fan of watching this. I will be open minded and I hope for a good drama.

Same thoughts. I've seen drama of the director but not the writer..

And for the male lead.. I'm thinking wishing Kim Jae Young (Secret Boutique) but if I remember correctly, he will be in another upcoming   noona romance with I'm not sure forgot the drama title but remember a thread.   Ahh wait  I also like the intern guy in in chief of staff drama.. I don't know his name.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jongski said:

And for the male lead.. I'm thinking wishing Kim Jae Young (Secret Boutique) but if I remember correctly, he will be in another upcoming   noona romance with I'm not sure forgot the drama title but remember a thread.   Ahh wait  I also like the intern guy in in chief of staff drama.. I don't know his name.

I want to be surprised. :w00t: There are a lot of young actors who could  take the role. I hope I will like the couple onscreen.

Yes, you are right. Kim Jae Young has a new drama with Go Hyun Jung and Shin Hyun Bin.  Both Kim Jae Young and Kim Dong-Joon have a drama this year. 

• Like 3

On 12/10/2020 at 9:18 PM, larus said:

Seo Hyun Jin was in talks for another drama in 2021. She was planned coordinating schedules depending on the broadcast timing in order to show appearance in this drama and tvN drama but it was not possible. So, she won`t be in the tvN drama.

New updates, Seo Hyun Jin is still in talks for the tvn drama.

@larus Hi! You might have saw the news already about Seo Hyun Jin was confirmed appearing in the other drama(YAMS, tvN) that will premiere in the 1st half of 2021. Looks like we'll have a long wait for more news about 'Why Oh Soo Jae', idk probably after the tvN drama ended.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kim Young Dae In Talks To Star Opposite Seo Hyun Jin In New Romance Drama

7e841b368f6d491da63a5dfde692fc12.jpeg?s=

Apr 2, 2021
by D. Kim

Kim Young Dae may be taking on a leading role in a new romance drama!

On April 2, Xportsnews reported that the actor has been cast as the male lead in the upcoming SBS drama “Why Oh Soo Jae?” (literal title).

In response to the report, Kim Young Dae’s agency revealed that he has been offered the role and is currently in talks.

“Why Oh Soo Jae?” will portray the romance between a law school professor and student. Seo Hyun Jin was confirmed as the female lead Oh Soo Jae back in December, and the younger male lead was said to be “a secret” at the time.

Kim Young Dae has been quickly rising to fame with his roles in dramas such as “Extraordinary You,” “I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice,” “Cheat on Me if You Can,” “The Penthouse,” and “The Penthouse 2.” If Kim Young Dae accepts this role, it will be his first time playing the male lead in a television drama.

“Why Oh Soo Jae?” will be written by Kim Ji Eun of “Lie After Lie” and directed by Park Soo Jin, who has worked on dramas including “Doctors,” “Dr. Romantic,” and “Death Song.” It is scheduled to air in the second half of the year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1462305wpp/kim-young-dae-in-talks-to-star-opposite-seo-hyun-jin-in-new-romance-drama

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Yeah i just realized that this is from the 2nd pd of Dr Romantic etc. And it is the first project Park Soo Jin leads as a pd. 

I have the feeling Seo Hyun-jin really wanted to be in that drama as a favor. But she was already on for the tvn drama and then tried super hard to juggle her schedule to make both work.

I remember the mess last year when SBS and tvn both announced on the same day that they have casted her :D

Sutdio S had to take the backseat and wait for her :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Whaaat!?  As you can see from previous post, I was thinking Kim Jae Young or the other Kim Dong Joon. Instead it's another Kim.... Kim Young Dae.  I knew it's just matter of time before het gets a lead role. It's kind of like Lee Do Hyun or Song Kang.. high school student / playing young character of a lead nd now a lead role.  You know.  many of those watching penhouse like his character as the higschool twin son. We'll more of his dramatic skills here.

@larus  @backstreetboysfan Thanks for the update. Not fan of noona romance but if drama and acting is good, I'll watch

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jongski said:

Thanks for the update. Not fan of noona romance but if drama and acting is good, I'll watch

I can`t say that I like noona romances per se but I am alright if I like the chemistry on screen and the plot. My problem is the student-teacher situation. It is something uncomfortable about it. About Kim Young Dae.... it looks like he gets lead role (this is the second lead offer?)lately. He has a mature look which like but I am not impress with his acting. I don`t dislike him either. I am indiferent. There are people who I instantly like, with others I need more time to warm up to them. He is in the second  category.

I am interested in this drama because Seo Hyun-Jin`s character is not a nice girl but I think the writing will be the determining factor to continue watching. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://twitter.com/kdramacasting/status/1392621496997093380

So looks like Kim Young Dae went with the other offer in the end. Maybe he saw some of the reactions after the initial news and decided to ride the teen fanbase for a little longer. (Which i assume his agency pressured him to do from the start)

I don't see how he can do both dramas. It says they start filming School 2021 in june.

And they already postponed the production of Why Oh Soo Jae to acommodate with Seo Hyun-jin's schedule who basically does it as a favour for the pd's first full drama. The production is supposed to start soon after Seo Hyun-jin finishes filming for her first drama this year which will be pre produced. 

But virtually every young actor is already booked. I am afraid they will have to chose someone super nugu.

Might as well do a big casting and pick someone based on talent. (I know it sounds crazy)

Oh well i feel bad for the pd.

• Like 2