[Drama 2022] Why Her / Why Oh Soo Jae?, 왜 오수재인가

larus

Nvm apparently he is still in talks for School 2021. so nothing confirmed yet. They just included his name in the news because of the 2 month old casting rumors. 

Looks like he hasn't decided yet. We will have to wait and see.

But i think the rest still holds true. His agency probably prefers him to be in School 2021. And Studio S has troubles casting the male lead for Why Oh Soo Jae. They've had 6 months time already.

• Like 1

Hwang In Yeop In Talks To Join Seo Hyun Jin In New Romance Drama

d729c82a38554a18b3f2c0f654ad9ec0.jpeg?s=

May 24, 2021
by U. Kim

Hwang In Yeop might be starring opposite Seo Hyun Jin in the upcoming drama “Why Oh Soo Jae?” (literal title).

On May 24, Sports Chosun cited industry sources who stated, “Hwang In Yeop was chosen to play the lead of ‘Why Oh Soo Jae?'”

A source from Hwang In Yeop’s agency KeyEast Entertainment clarified, “Hwang In Yeop has received an offer to star in ‘Why Oh Soo Jae?’ and is looking over it.”

“Why Oh Soo Jae?” is a drama that tells the story of a woman who makes the wrong choice in life and lives for the wrong kind of success. After she falls in love with a certain young man, she changes the direction of her life and learns to properly love herself. It is a love story that is described as painful yet exciting and cold yet warm.

Seo Hyun Jin was previously confirmed as the female lead Oh Soo Jae, and Hwang In Yeop has been offered the role of the male lead Gong Chan, a freshman at Seojoong University’s law school and the owner of a bar. Gong Chan met Oh Soo Jae in the past when he was falsely accused of a crime. After serving time in jail for a crime he didn’t commit, he is cleared of the charges and reunites with Oh Soo Jae at the law school where she is an adjunct professor.

Kim Young Dae had been in talks to play Gong Chan, but discussions have reportedly fallen through due to scheduling conflicts.

“Why Oh Soo Jae?” will be written by Kim Ji Eun of “Lie After Lie” and directed by Park Soo Jin, who has worked on dramas including “Doctors,” “Dr. Romantic,” and “Death Song.” It is scheduled to air in the second half of the year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1470888wpp/hwang-in-yeop-in-talks-to-join-seo-hyun-jin-in-new-romance-drama

I did not saw Hwang In Yeop in anything. He is older than Kim Young Dae but he looks younger. :) Let see if he will sign with this drama.

• Like 4

He played High School students a lot, so it's nice to see him graduate and go to university :D

This isn't confirmed yet, but it looks like he's strongly considering this drama. 

• Like 2

Hwang In-yub courted for professor-student romance drama

by tineybeanie

hwanginyeobie1.jpg

True Beauty star Hwang In-yub may potentially make his drama comeback in upcoming SBS project, Why Oh Soo-jae opposite Seo Hyun-jin (Black Dog). If he confirms, he’ll play the male lead, likely a law school university student who falls in love with his professor, played by Seo Hyun-jin.

Previously, it was reported that actor Kim Young-dae (Penthouse) was in the running for the role, but it looks like that’s no longer happening. Seo Hyun-jin’s character has been described as a prickly, ill-tempered professor, but details about the male lead character have been sparse.

Like many other Beanies, the whole teacher-student power dynamic gives me the squicky feels, but hopefully this drama will take this sensitive subject and portray it in a nuanced, meaningful way. With Seo Hyun-jin onboard, I’m reassured that at least the acting will be top-notch.

Written by Kim Ji-eun (Cheongdamdong Scandal) and directed by PD Park Soo-jin (Hymn of Death), Why Oh Soo-jae hasn’t announced a definitive air date or broadcasting stataion. In the meantime, you can get your fix of Hwang In-yub in Netflix drama The Sound of Magic, which is scheduled to air later this year.

Via Newsen, Sports Chosun

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/hwang-in-yub-courted-for-professor-student-romance-drama/

• Like 2

Will actor Bae In-hyuk work with Seo Hyun-jin?

52898b22-0d86-4149-9131-fcc32aaedf1c.jpg

On the 1st June, an official from the agency Fidespartium said, "Bae In-hyuk received an offer to appear in the new SBS drama 'Why Soo-jae Oh' and is considering it."

In the play, Bae In-hyuk was suggested to meet Yoon-sang Choi again at law school after unrequited love for the tutoring teacher Oh Soo-jae (Seo Hyun-jin), whom he met while studying.

(Google translation)

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2021060110470005908

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Bae In Hyuk one of the rising actors of 2020/2021. I've been following him since XXX, so I love that he gets more roles. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1477601wpp/bae-in-hyuk-confirmed-to-join-seo-hyun-jin-in-new-drama-hwang-in-yeop-in-talks 

Bae In Hyuk Confirmed To Join Seo Hyun Jin In New Drama + Hwang In Yeop In Talks

Jul 2, 2021
by D. Kim

Bae In Hyuk has confirmed his next project!

On July 2, the actor’s agency Fides Spatium shared, “Bae In Hyuk is confirmed to star in the new SBS drama ‘Why Oh Soo Jae?’ (literal title).”

“Why Oh Soo Jae?” is a drama that tells the story of a woman who makes the wrong choice in life and lives for the wrong kind of success. After she falls in love with a certain young man, she changes the direction of her life and learns to properly love herself. It is a love story that is described as painful yet exciting and cold yet warm.

It was announced last year that Seo Hyun Jin is confirmed to play the female lead Oh Soo Jae, and it was revealed in May that Hwang In Yeop is in talks to play the male lead Gong Chan.

Bae In Hyuk is confirmed to play Choi Yoon Sang, a sophomore at Seojoong University’s law school and the second son of TK Law Firm head Choi Tae Guk. When he was studying to retake his college entrance exam, he developed a crush on his tutor Oh Soo Jae, and he reunites with her at Seojoong University’s legal clinic where she has become a professor.

After gaining popularity with web dramas including “XX,” Bae In Hyuk took on his first main television role in “The Spies Who Loved Me.” He is currently starring in “My Roommate Is a Gumiho” and “At a Distance Spring is Green.”

Bae In Hyuk’s upcoming project “Why Oh Soo Jae?” will be written by rookie screenwriter Kim Ji Eun and directed by Park Soo Jin of “Death Song.” It is scheduled to premiere next year via SBS.

While waiting, watch Bae In Hyuk in “My Roommate Is a Gumiho”:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

New casting news!:).

BaeInHyuk confirmed cast for SBS drama WhyIsOhSooJae, he will act as Choi Yoon-sang who is a law school student and a law firm chairman’s son, he had crush on his tutor SeoHyunJin before entering college and meet her again at the Legal Clinic. Broadcast in 2022.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Why Oh Soo Jae?, 왜 오수재인가- Seo Hyun Jin

Anticipating..

Whoa, really?

---Extract from an article dated on 22nd July 2021---

Bae In Hyuk "I'm nervous about working with Seo Hyun Jin in 'Why Is Oh Soo Jae', so I prepare harder"

Actor Bae In Hyuk talked about his feelings about working with roco queen Seo Hyun Jin through the SBS drama 'Why Is Oh Soo Jae', which is his next work.

In an interview with Donga.com, Bae In Hyuk said, "I enjoyed and impressed with Seo Hyun Jin's tvN drama 'Oh Hae Young Again', so even the thought of working together makes me nervous and worried that it might harm me."

He continued, "As much as I am worried, I have a strong desire to prepare hard and make it a good opportunity to show a more developed image.

The key work for Bae In Hyuk's role in 'Why Oh Soo Jae' is 'unrequited love'. In this regard, Bae In Hyuk said, "I've done a lot of unrequited love characters so far, but the eyes are important. It's because I think that you can hide your words and actions, but you can't hide your feelings for the other person through your eyes." aroused curiosity about - [google translation]

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

On 7/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, marrez1 said:

So love triangle between  a older woman with two sexy young men, oh oh oh  she is very lucky:love:

I'm not a fan of noona romance type but i like female lead.  She was funny cool in Another Miss Oh/ Oh Hae Young Again..  I was laughing much.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Lee Kyu-seong joins 'Why Oh Soo-jae'... Acting along with Seo Hyun-jin, Hwang In-yeop, and Bae In-hyuk

Actor Lee Kyu-seong will appear in 'Why Oh Soo-jae'. According to a report by Spotify News on the 14th, Lee Kyu-seong was cast in the new SBS drama 'Why Oh Soo-jae' (played by Kim Ji-eun, directed by Park Soo-jin).

'Why Oh Soo-jae' is attracting attention with the cast of trusted actors Seo Hyun-jin and rising stars Hwang In-yeop and Bae In-hyuk. Among them, Lee Kyu-seong, who has proven his colorful character digestion and solid acting skills, also joins, raising expectations.

Kyu-seong Lee debuted in the web drama 'Welcome to Peaky' in 2016. After that, he appeared in the drama 'Sketch', the movie 'Swing Kids', 'Knot Out' and 'Voice'. In particular, he played the role of serial killer Kabul-i in the drama 'When the Camellia Blooms' and gave off a strong presence, and received favorable reviews for his excellent dialect performance in 'Youth in May'.

'Why Oh Soo-jae' is scheduled to air in 2022.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=442432