[Drama 2022] Why Her / Why Oh Soo Jae?, 왜 오수재인가

larus

Behind the scenes - ep 7

Behind the scenes - ep7, 8

Ost Part 4 - 'I'll be your side' (K. Will)

https://youtu.be/AnOi6ekX0dk

(google direct translate of the song title's 'I'll Love You'.)

On the 25th, SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Why Her' OST Part 4 'K. Will - I Will Love You' is released.

'I'll Love You' is a song about comforting Oh Soo Jae, a cold lawyer who has become empty while pursuing only success from Gong Chan's point of view. It is expected that the lyrical and emotional melody and K. Will's  mournful expression of emotion will harmonize to represent Gong Chan's feelings and further enhance the immersion of the play.

In particular, the lyrics in the chorus, "Don't be sick anymore, I will see, hear, experience, and do everything" well expresses Gong Chan's feelings for Oh Soo Jae. K. Will's luxury vocals were added to create a high quality ballad perfect for the romance between Gong Chan and Oh Soo Jae.

• Like 3

5 Times Everyone Came Through For Seo Hyun Jin In Episodes 7-8 Of “Why Her?”

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 30, 2022
by shalini

After last week’s tumultuous cliffhanger, Oh Soo Jae (Seo Hyun Jin) is left to grapple with murder, accusations a plenty, and new heights of ingenuity from her enemies. But she isn’t dealing with all this alone. The past few episodes have gained Soo Jae just as many new friends as enemies, and they’re here to ensure that she doesn’t go under.

Here are five moments when people came through for Soo Jae this week!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 7-8 below.

1. The legal clinic crew rallying around Soo Jae during her arrest

Soo Jae is nearly hurt herself in the explosion that kills Hong Seok Pal (Lee Chul Min), but when she calls the police, she finds herself the No. 1 suspect in his murder. The real mastermind is, of course, Choi Tae Guk (Heo Joon Ho) who is determined to have Soo Jae either under his thumb or six feet under. But given how powerful he is, the police and the prosecutors go along with everything he says.

Soo Jae is arrested at the law school before the student body and in front of the members of the legal aid clinic she supervises who have rather grown to like her. All of them protest vociferously at her arrest including former cop Jo Kang Ja (Kim Jae Hwa), Na Se Ryun (Nam Ji Hyun), and Nam Choon Pong (Lee Jin Hyuk), but their efforts are to no avail. Soo Jae is visibly moved by their support even as she is arrested though, and the legal clinic crew vows to secure her release.

2. Gong Chan’s prison ahjusshi friends finding the real murderer

It’s no secret that Gong Chan’s (Hwang In Yeop’s) friends Goo Jo Gab (Jo Dal Hwan) and Seo Hyung Chil (Lee Gyu Sung) aren’t particularly excited by his budding romance with Soo Jae. They support him, certainly, but are mindful of the societal and age differences between the two. So it’s all the more heartwarming when they chime in to help with clearing Soo Jae’s charges.

seo-hyun-jin11.jpg

The main bit of evidence against Soo Jae is a whopper. It’s a video of Hong Seok Pal admitting to having murdered Park So Young (Hong Ji Yoon) on Soo Jae’s supposed orders. To prove it, in the video he plays a recording of a phone call from Soo Jae where she threatens to expose his illegal room salon business to the authorities unless he kills So Young. Even Soo Jae’s longtime assistant Song Mi Rin (Lee Joo Woo) is shocked and confused by the recording. Soo Jae had enlisted Mi Rin as her lawyer for the case, and for the first time, we see Soo Jae look slightly shaken when Mi Rin says out loud that she doesn’t know what to think.

seo-hyun-jin-21.jpg

This is because the phone call is real. Soo Jae did threaten Hong Seok Pal, but the last line where she supposedly orders him to kill Park So Young is fake. The only question is how to prove it. It’s Jo Gab and Hyung Chil who figure out that Hong Seok Pal is communicating in code during his “confession” video, signaling the name of the real person who ordered him to kill So Young: Ha Il Goo (Jun Jin Gi), the secretary to Choi Tae Guk.

3. Choi Yoon Sang drugging Ha Il Goo

Choi Yoon Sang (Bae In Hyuk) has been growing steadily dislikable from the moment he ordered Soo Jae to stop relying on Gong Chan and to start relying more on him, saying his joining the legal clinic was conditional on that. He continues that overly-possessive streak this week and initially blames Gong Chan for daring to suspect his father without proof. He does quickly switch over upon realizing that Choi Tae Guk is indeed behind Soo Jae’s arrest. Yoon Sang comes up with a plan to get Ha Il Goo drunk, swipe the key to his office, and get the original faked audio painting Soo Jae as a killer.

Spoiler

bae-in-hyuk2.jpg

From there on, getting the audio verified as fake by an expert is a piece of cake. Yoon Sang threatens his father using the audio to get Soo Jae out of jail. But what Choi Tae Guk does next will have ramifications, not only for Soo Jae but for the fate of the legal clinic crew as a whole.

4. The judge doing her job without a grudge against Soo Jae

Between Soo Jae’s own investigations prior to arrest for who could have rigged Hong Seok Pal’s car with an explosive to Yoon Sang procuring the original audio as proof that her ordering Hong Seok Pal to kill So Young was fake, Soo Jae has more than enough evidence at her initial hearing to prove that the charges and her arrest were unwarranted.

But she finds herself up against an unexpected enemy at trial: the judge Shim Min Joo (Lee Jin Hee) is the wife of the law school professor Soo Jae helped get fired because of his tendency to sexually assault women. Soo Jae fears an uphill battle when she sees Shim Min Joo, but the other woman is fair. She listens to both sides, hears the evidence, and makes a decision based on the law and not on any vendetta against Soo Jae. Considering that her last conversation with Soo Jae before the trial ended with Soo Jae threatening her, Min Joo’s definitely doing the decent thing here, and it’s good to see that Soo Jae isn’t entirely surrounded by enemies.

5. Gong Chan

Last but not least on the list of people doing everything to free Soo Jae is Gong Chan who goes all out in an effort to prevent Soo Jae from experiencing what happened to him when he was accused of murder all those years ago. He rushes to Soo Jae in the aftermath of the explosion and ensures that she isn’t alone that night. He pulls her out of her nightmares and comforts her when she breaks down in the aftermath of all the death she’s seen in the last month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Seo Hyun Jin, Heo Joon Ho, And Bae In Hyuk Put On Friendly Facades In “Why Her?”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 1, 2022
by S. Nam

SBS’s “Why Her?” shared more stills previewing the upcoming episode!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as the titular Oh Soo Jae, a coldhearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan who would do anything to protect her.

Spoilers

Previously, Oh Soo Jae was detained after becoming involved in the case with Park So Young (Hong Ji Yoon) and Hong Seok Pal (Lee Chul Min), and the legal clinic members stepped forward to reveal the truth. Despite gaining crucial evidence that the audio from Hong Seok Pal’s final message was fake, Han Gi Taek (Jeon Jae Hong), Hansu Group’s head of the legal department, suddenly confessed to the crime instead. The request for Oh Soo Jae’s arrest warrant was dismissed, but it was later revealed that TK Law Firm’s head Choi Tae Guk (Heo Joon Ho) was behind all this.

The newly released stills once agin paint the tense relationship between Oh Soo Jae and Choi Tae Guk. Oh Soo Jae suspects that Choi Tae Guk is connected to the series of events, while Choi Tae Guk starts to become aware that Oh Soo Jae could shake things up using his weaknesses, making viewers wonder if Oh Soo Jae will be able to succeed in achieving her revenge.

Seo-Hyun-Jin-Heo-Joon-Ho-Why-Her.jpg

In the upcoming episode, Oh Soo Jae will be able to temporarily forget the burdensome reality and spend happier days at Gong Chan’s house. Choi Yoon Sang (Bae In Hyuk) will also leave the legal clinic center in order to work as Oh Soo Jae’s intern at TK Law Firm.

Seo-Hyun-Jin-Heo-Joon-Ho-Bae-In-Hyuk1.jp

The production team shared, “The confrontation between Oh Soo Jae and Choi Tae Guk, who are clearly looking into each other’s cards, will build tension. Furthermore, the questionable actions by Choi Yoon Sang, who is hiding his next moves, will lead to unpredictable developments in the second half.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1533690wpp/seo-hyun-jin-heo-joon-ho-and-bae-in-hyuk-put-on-friendly-facades-in-why-her

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Seo Hyun Jin, Heo Joon Ho, And Bae In Hyuk Put On Friendly Facades In “Why Her?”

SBS’s “Why Her?” shared more stills previewing the upcoming episode!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as the titular Oh Soo Jae, a coldhearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan who would do anything to protect her.

Spoilers

Previously, Oh Soo Jae was detained after becoming involved in the case with Park So Young (Hong Ji Yoon) and Hong Seok Pal (Lee Chul Min), and the legal clinic members stepped forward to reveal the truth. Despite gaining crucial evidence that the audio from Hong Seok Pal’s final message was fake, Han Gi Taek (Jeon Jae Hong), Hansu Group’s head of the legal department, suddenly confessed to the crime instead. The request for Oh Soo Jae’s arrest warrant was dismissed, but it was later revealed that TK Law Firm’s head Choi Tae Guk (Heo Joon Ho) was behind all this.

The newly released stills once agin paint the tense relationship between Oh Soo Jae and Choi Tae Guk. Oh Soo Jae suspects that Choi Tae Guk is connected to the series of events, while Choi Tae Guk starts to become aware that Oh Soo Jae could shake things up using his weaknesses, making viewers wonder if Oh Soo Jae will be able to succeed in achieving her revenge.

Seo-Hyun-Jin-Heo-Joon-Ho-Why-Her-800x807

In the upcoming episode, Oh Soo Jae will be able to temporarily forget the burdensome reality and spend happier days at Gong Chan’s house. Choi Yoon Sang (Bae In Hyuk) will also leave the legal clinic center in order to work as Oh Soo Jae’s intern at TK Law Firm.

Seo-Hyun-Jin-Heo-Joon-Ho-Bae-In-Hyuk1-80

The production team shared, “The confrontation between Oh Soo Jae and Choi Tae Guk, who are clearly looking into each other’s cards, will build tension. Furthermore, the questionable actions by Choi Yoon Sang, who is hiding his next moves, will lead to unpredictable developments in the second half.”

Seo Hyun Jin, Heo Joon Ho, And Bae In Hyuk Put On Friendly Facades In “Why Her?” | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 9! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Why Her?” Heads Into 2nd Half Of Its Run On No. 1 Ratings As “Doctor Lawyer” Rises

SBS’s “Why Her?” kicked off the second half of its run at No. 1!

On July 1, the mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin and Hwang In Yeop defended its position at the top of its time slot—and successfully remained the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the evening. According to Nielsen Korea, the ninth episode of “Why Her?” scored an average nationwide rating of 8.7 percent.

“Why Her?” also took first place in its time slot across all channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 3.1 percent.

“Why Her?” Heads Into 2nd Half Of Its Run On No. 1 Ratings As “Doctor Lawyer” Rises | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Bae In Hyuk Jealously Delivers A Chilling Warning To Hwang In Yeop And Seo Hyun Jin In “Why Her?”

SBS’s “Why Her?” has shared a glimpse of the building tension between Bae In Hyuk and Hwang In Yeop!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as Oh Soo Jae, a cold-hearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan, who would do anything to protect her. Bae In Hyuk plays Choi Yoon Sang, the lonely second son of Choi Tae Guk (Heo Joon Ho), the chairman of Oh Soo Jae’s law firm.

On the previous episode of the drama, romance finally blossomed between Oh Soo Jae and Gong Chan, who spent some blissful time alone together as a much-needed escape from their dangerous reality. Meanwhile, Choi Yoon Sang chose to leave the Legal Clinic Center in order to work directly under Oh Soo Jae at his father’s law firm as her intern.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Choi Yoon Sang shocks Oh Soo Jae by unexpectedly showing up at Gong Chan’s house, where she has been staying ever since her release from jail. After jealously storming into Gong Chan’s home at night, Choi Yoon Sang fixes his fellow law student and romantic rival with a frosty glare that reveals just how drastically things his feelings have changed towards his former friend.

The producers of “Why Her?” teased, “Choi Yoon Sang will deliver a chilling warning to Oh Soo Jae and Gong Chan. Please stay tuned to find out what kinds of new dangers will strike the two characters, who were finally just beginning to enjoy happiness after going through so much.”

Why-Her.jpg

To find out what kind of warning Choi Yoon Sang has in store for the couple, tune in to the next episode of “Why Her?” on July 2 at 10 p.m. KST!

Bae In Hyuk Jealously Delivers A Chilling Warning To Hwang In Yeop And Seo Hyun Jin In “Why Her?” | Soompi

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 5:46 AM, Bojun said:

As usual top notch acting from our queen SHJ and the story is also interesting. The only thing that I don’t really like is the romance between her and the male lead. I can’t see the chemistry between them, and if that single kiss is followed by more passionate scenes this will be the first SHJ drama that I will fast-forward a scene. 

so glad i am not the only one who feels the lack of chemistry between them. the kiss scenes are done for the sake of kiss scenes. why bother having this loveline; they look like siblings to me. i would prefer the drama be like LJG's again my life where only the lead dominates the drama, and SHJ can absolutely hold up this drama. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SJW said:

so glad i am not the only one who feels the lack of chemistry between them. the kiss scenes are done for the sake of kiss scenes. why bother having this loveline; they look like siblings to me. i would prefer the drama be like LJG's again my life where only the lead dominates the drama, and SHJ can absolutely hold up this drama. 

For me, I think I would have felt more chemistry and sexual tension between them if there was a better build up. Having her overhear the restaraunt lady talk about his crush and him getting jealous scenes just gave me secondhand emberassment, it didn’t make my heart flutter. Neither did him crossing her boundaries every time, even if this kdrama likes to make it seem like him doing so helps them get closer (involving the team when she said to keep usb secret, going to beach instead of home and they kiss). I just mean like, there are scenarios where the love interest is in the background, supporting the lead, and the small yet sincere gesture to help them become so significant(the first kdrama that comes to mind that pulled this off was the OTP in Itaewon class). It’s also more fun if we as audience don’t know eithers feelings yet, especially in this case GC that seemed so obvious from getgo. The mystery of wondering if it’s mutual etc adds to the excitement when they’re finally together. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

So i like the EV car promotion?... but the car's headlight is just too small... and how far can the car go before it needs charging?:lol:

Its good that they just be honest with themselves and move their relationship further and i like that Chan was jealous... of that rich handsome man (yoon?) too.. hehe... sigh, how did all these people became so rich and how did they become friends? We need rich people too!:lol:

So the Euro jackpot is now over 180million pounds, someone should buy the lottery tickets and became mega rich just like the characters in the drama! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Here is the ratings for Episode 10! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Why Her?” And “Alchemy Of Souls” Reign Over Their Time Slots In Fierce Battle For Drama Ratings

SBS’s “Why Her?” and tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” continue to lead a close battle for weekend drama ratings!

On July 2, “Why Her?” stayed strong with an average nationwide rating of 7.4 percent for its latest episode. Despite seeing a decrease in viewership from its previous episode the night prior, the mystery romance drama still remained the most-watched show in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 2.7 percent.

“Why Her?” And “Alchemy Of Souls” Reign Over Their Time Slots In Fierce Battle For Drama Ratings | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Seo Hyun Jin Impresses While Filming Intense Scene For “Why Her?” + Shows Cute Chemistry With Hwang In Yeop

SBS’s “Why Her?” has revealed a new behind-the-scenes look at the drama!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as Oh Soo Jae, a cold-hearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan, who would do anything to protect her. Bae In Hyuk plays Choi Yoon Sang, the lonely second son of Choi Tae Guk (Heo Joon Ho), the chairman of Oh Soo Jae’s law firm.

The new video starts with Seo Hyun Jin rehearsing for the intense scene in which a car explodes in front of her. She practices each movement before shooting the scene, focusing on every detail. She then displays her amazing acting skills with each take as she perfects the scene.

Later, Seo Hyun Jin rehearses her next scene with Hwang In Yeop. Hwang In Yeop lies down on the couch, and Seo Hyun Jin is shocked by how long his legs are as she exclaims, “They’re so long! His feet are dangling off [the couch] because they’re so long!” The director makes everyone laugh by replying, “It’s quite different from how I look when I’m lying down.”

Meanwhile, Hwang In Yeop adorably shows his love for the blanket on set as he says, “This is really nice.” Seo Hyun Jin agrees with a laugh, “Everyone wants that [blanket] right now.” Someone off-camera says they’re going to take the blanket home with them when filming ends, and Seo Hyun Jin jokes, “Let’s play rock, paper, scissors for it!”

Check out the full making-of video below!

Watch: Seo Hyun Jin Impresses While Filming Intense Scene For “Why Her?” + Shows Cute Chemistry With Hwang In Yeop | Soompi

• Like 3

On 7/2/2022 at 12:00 AM, SJW said:

I agree with you, though I'm still happy we are given a love story in addition to the thriller/mystery. Would love to see more passion and connection, such as in the GC's body language and eyes, including during non romantic scenes... 

• Like 4

the first few episodes were great and strong and I quiet like the FL but since then for me it lost steam and ground to a halt

I find no motivation for everybody rushing to help her seems a contrived storyline

I can't get into the ML character or their relationship

• Like 4

Why Her?: Episodes 9-10

by DaebakGrits

WhyHer9-10_00.jpg

The romance is kicked up a notch as our leading lawyer begins cohabitating with her man, but the relationships among our evil trio are far less harmonious. With their faith in each other dwindling, tensions rise, and an unexpected incident may be the opening our heroes need to fight back and settle old scores.

EPISODES 9-10 WEECAP

Last week, I asked the drama gods to cut back on the superfluous Group 8 scenes and give us some much needed answers to all the mini side-mysteries we have going on, and — surprisingly — the drama gods delivered! But along with the exciting plot development, there was an uptick in the number of tropey romantic scenes between Soo-jae and Chan, and we also had to spend — what felt like to me, at least — and unfortunate amount of time watching Tae-kook sow seeds of discontent between In-soo and the (unexpectedly flatulent) Sung-beom.

The decline in our Terrible Trio’s relationship has been hinted at for some time now, but we see the start of the eventual fallout this week when Soo-jae is released from prison — despite the fact that In-soo ordered Tae-kook to eliminate her as a threat. Tae-kook responds to In-soo’s frustration and suspicion by showing In-soo some incriminating photos he has of him, a not-so-subtle reminder of who really has the upper hand.

Meanwhile, since being released from prison, Soo-jae has moved in with Chan because she isn’t comfortable living at her old company-managed apartment. She owns a building — the one where her secret office was housed — that used to belong to her father before he went bankrupt and lost it, but it will take some time to remodel the upper floors and convert it into an acceptable living space. Plus, you know, Chan’s place is convenient to both the law firm and school…

Sure, sure, whatever helps you sleep at night, Soo-jae. Oh wait! Staying over at Chan’s place cures her insomnia, too! I’m just going to chalk that last one up to the fact that she feels safe and secure living under the same roof as three protective men.

Speaking of Soo-jae’s protectors, Yoon-sang quits his volunteer work with the law school clinic and moves back into his family home, which is full of its own drama. Joo-wan is — to put it bluntly — an incompetent, philandering RickRoll'D with a massive chip on his shoulder, so it’s no wonder that Tae-kook is rejoicing over the return of his youngest son, who is infinitely more competent — when he puts his mind to it — and has no skeletons in his closet.

And now that the prodigal son has returned to the fold, we’re seeing what appears to be the start of Joo-wan’s downfall. His soon-to-be-ex-wife kept a blackmail file on him, and as part of the divorce negotiations, she gave it to Soo-jae. Joo-wan is also growing increasingly frustrated that his father is excluding him from the darker side of Tae-kook’s business (e.g. killing Suk-pal and getting Gi-tak to admit to it), and his lack of knowledge is reflected in his “friendship” with In-soo and Sung-beom’s sons.

While Tae-kook appears to be the chairman and assemblyman’s yes-man, they also fear him and what he knows. Joo-wan, on the other hand, is simply his father’s son. He’s not even the lawyer they call on to bail them out when they get involved in scandals. No, that’s Soo-jae, as we’ll see later.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/07/why-her-episodes-9-10/

• Like 3

SBS’s “Why Her?” ranked No. 3 on this week’s drama list, while stars Seo Hyun Jin and Hwang In Yeop came in at No. 3 and No. 10 respectively on the actor list.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fifth week of June are as follows:

1. ENA “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”
  2. tvN “Alchemy of Souls”
  3. SBS “Why Her?”
  4. tvN “Eve”
  5. KBS2 “Café Minamdang”
  6. KBS2 “Gold Mask”
  7. KBS2 “Jinxed at First
  8. tvN “Link”
  9. MBC “Doctor Lawyer”
  10. KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Park Eun Bin (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  2. Seo Ye Ji (“Eve”) 
  3. Seo Hyun Jin (“Why Her?”)
  4. Jung So Min (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  5. Yoo Sun (“Eve”)
  6. Lee Jae Wook (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  7. Cha Ye Ryun (“Gold Mask”)
  8. Seo In Guk (“Café Minamdang”)
  9. Park Byung Eun (“Eve”)
  10. Hwang In Yeop (“Why Her?”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1534497wpp/extraordinary-lawyer-woo-and-park-eun-bin-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

• Like 2