Original Network: Dragon TV ZJTV

Duration: 45 min.

Cast:

Lu Yi

Li Yi Tong

Kira Shi

Song Chen

Synopsis:

Five years ago, Xia Ran Ran was an ugly duckling futilely tailing behind Lin Xiang An whereas Su Mo was the white lotus on Lin Xiang An's heart. Five years gone, Xia Ran Ran became Shao Ming Zhe's fiancée in name, but Su Mo is the ex-girlfriend he keeps in his heart. Xia Ran Ran never expect to meet Lin Xiang An again. Time has passed, yet her memory still seems to be rooted in the past. Can she wipe him away from the bottom of her heart? Her relationship with Shao Ming Zhe is due to the alliance between their families. They've always accompanied each other, but they've never loved each other. Will his gentleness and love be a drug she cannot quit? Love is like poppy, breathtakingly beautiful yet fatal. Chen Luo is her father's right-hand man; he's tried to approach her, only for her to step away again and again. However, no matter how iron-hearted she is, will she be able to escape from the web of love he cast? Who will be the leading man in her life and her partner in this unending romance play? ~~ This drama based on Xian Cheng's novel of the same name.

Cr dramalist

Preview:

Watch it on:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

SMG尚世五岸梦想剧场

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Like 1

• cheekychipmunk_stv changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Fate / Just to meet you 只为那一刻与你相见

I was surprised by how much I'm enjoying this drama. Pacing is nice, with a mixture of seriousness and silliness and a really cute relationship between the 2 leads. I find myself looking forward to episodes being released daily. This is a light hearted romantic comedy that is quite entertaining. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, pocohantas01 said:

Ming Zhe and Ran Ran's relationship is cute. I wish he would tell her that Su Mo is his ex. I hate that she is the only person that doesn't know. 

I love how honest they are to each other, minus the Su Mo part. To be fair, he really was going to let her know, but he  received bad advice from Ran Ran's BFF. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, patruc said:

I love how honest they are to each other, minus the Su Mo part. To be fair, he really was going to let her know, but he  received bad advice from Ran Ran's BFF. 

Not just RanRan's BFF, his mom too. She will feel very betrayed by them all when she found out by herself.

This drama is addictive. I can wait to watch new episodes every night.

SuoMo really is shameless.  Now she is literally jumping on Mingzhe. She is really not deserving of XiangAn. I hope at the end of the day she is left alone with tons of regrets. She just don't know how blessed she is and be grateful to have such a wonderful XiangAn. If she don't love him, she should not string him along. 

Like MingZhe said to her, even if she was given 10 chances to undo the past, she will still have 10 different same outcome and reasons for her actions. They will still not be together because she is too greedy.

Tonight she going to dump XiangAn.

16 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Not just RanRan's BFF, his mom too. She will feel very betrayed by them all when she found out by herself.

This drama is addictive. I can wait to watch new episodes every night.

SuoMo really is shameless.  Now she is literally jumping on Mingzhe. She is really not deserving of XiangAn. I hope at the end of the day she is left alone with tons of regrets. She just don't know how blessed she is and be grateful to have such a wonderful XiangAn. If she don't love him, she should not string him along. 

Like MingZhe said to her, even if she was given 10 chances to undo the past, she will still have 10 different same outcome and reasons for her actions. They will still not be together because she is too greedy.

Tonight she going to dump XiangAn.

I'm so conflicted about Su Mo and XiangAn's relationship. The way XA announced his feelings and that he was going to London at the airport was unfair to SM and cruel to Ran Ran. SM made it clear when they first in London that she was not into him. I honestly thought XA's behavior was wrong. It felt like he was pressuring her to love him. My first impressions of XA were not great and felt for SM. However later after we see that SM gave up on Ming Zhe and committed herself to XA I find that I can't stand how she's now treating XA. It's cruel to let XA think she wants to marry him when she was obviously still pining for MZ. Also MZ is right if she wants MZ so bad she should've broke up with XA immediately. Keeping XA as some sort of backup plan is just wrong. Honesty XA and SM should've never started dating. I think he fell in love with an idea of who SM was and not who she really is and she just didn't want to be alone. I hope they do not get married. 

• Like 1

This one,  while addictive, has parts which are far less realistic. Esp that London part, when they met. It feels like a Drama. Esp when they speak Chingrish too esp well-travelled and educated Mingzhe, and the Brits do not even speak with Brit accents :P

Younger China immigrants here speak so much better English, after a mere couple few years in a Western majority English-speaking country. Even if they hang around in groups speaking in Mandarin. There are tons and tons of them around

Puleeeze .... please just tell XRR alrdy, that Su Mo is the huge irritant from your life years ago, Mingzhe! Especially AFTER you both just said - no secrets! DUH!

And please tell her how this SM is a current PEST too who tries and tries, with no self-dignity and is such a major USER.

While Su Mo is super irritating (and help! I always feel like slapping her.  esp when she pushes herself on MZ. even after getting rejected endlessly (yay!) ...  But XRR can feel irritating to me too, at times. Really, most of XXR's 'so-called' achievements and ideas are either just MZ or the other teacher guy's.

Interesting how CDrama is now over-taking years and years of KDrama for me, recently.

The most addictive of them all:

1) Centimeter of Love - which just ended today @ Ep 44. The acting here is so flawlessly good, the main couple esp has so much chemistry - you almost believe it is all real. Especially all the life situations they highlight - so real, among the China old and new crowds, and culture.

2) Dating in the Kitchen (adorably cute, and hilarious! again wonderful chemistry)

3) Love is Sweet (but I never quite finished it, once they got together).

• Like 3

On 12/13/2020 at 3:50 PM, jus-ash said:

This one,  while addictive, has parts which are far less realistic. Esp that London part, when they met. It feels like a Drama. Esp when they speak Chingrish too esp well-travelled and educated Mingzhe, and the Brits do not even speak with Brit accents :P

Younger China immigrants here speak so much better English, after a mere couple few years in a Western majority English-speaking country. Even if they hang around in groups speaking in Mandarin. There are tons and tons of them around

Puleeeze .... please just tell XRR alrdy, that Su Mo is the huge irritant from your life years ago, Mingzhe! Especially AFTER you both just said - no secrets! DUH!

And please tell her how this SM is a current PEST too who tries and tries, with no self-dignity and is such a major USER.

While Su Mo is super irritating (and help! I always feel like slapping her.  esp when she pushes herself on MZ. even after getting rejected endlessly (yay!) ...  But XRR can feel irritating to me too, at times. Really, most of XXR's 'so-called' achievements and ideas are either just MZ or the other teacher guy's.

No lie, I too cringed at the English-speaking parts, lol. XRR can be irritating, but her character's lovable personality makes up for her naivety when it comes to trusting others too easily. I really hope the scriptwriter doesn't mess up her character going forward, I like her spunkiness. One thing that was confusing/unrealistic for me was how MZ and XRR was already kissing and what not, and yet he was still waiting for her to agree to be his "girlfriend," and XRR not making up her mind if he really likes her or not. :sweat_smile:

No qualms about it, Lu Yi and his Shao Ming Zhe character is carrying this drama. I just love his character! Lu Yi looks so young for his age in this drama.

Korean dramas definitely haven't held my interest in the past couple of years. Mainland China dramas have made leaps and bounds in their production and holding viewers' interests with their storylines. I watched a couple episodes of Dating in the Kitchen, but lost interest along the way due to it being a little too silly. 

On a side note, does anyone know why this drama got shelved back then?

Edited by patruc

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Fate / Just to meet you 只为那一刻与你相见
  • 1 year later...

Hi, good evening to every one! I have just finished watching this drama.  While watching it, I keep asking myself why I missed watching this very nice drama in 2020. Anyway, I am late but I just want to share my views and feelings regarding this drama.

This is my first time to watch the male lead actor. He portrayed his role very well as domineering boyfriend. I hated the 2nd female lead  because of her being capricious, very demanding and a lier. As for me, I won't forgive her nor give her a chance to work with me. Ha, ha, ha.

I also do not like the ending.

That's all.

Thank you and regards to every one.