Gakuen Alice

Guest love_fate&destiny

Guest swtbabiiee

I heard there won't be a season 2.. but I'm not even sure :|

Anyways, the manga.. 100x better than the anime!

Read it! : )

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

reviving the thread~ hahaha i just got addicted to this manga.

i haven't seen the anime. but does it diverge from the manga storyline? (how does it enddd??) i'm so curious.

the only thing that bugs me about this manga is WHEN DO THEY GROW UP?! it's weird seeing 10 year olds kiss and stuff. (but then again, i guess they can't really grow since there are so many hints in the manga that natsume's health condition is like deteriorating) i wonder if mikan will steal natsume's alice or something and make him live longer. but OTHERWISE. it's mega-cute <3. i'm all about natsumexmikan. :P.

does anyone know where i can read the snow white play thing (only part one is uploaded on mangafox) online?

^ the anime isn't too graet though. ( i bounced around and watched it) it ends i thought a little abruptly with very little things tied together on episode 26. there are rumors that a second season is supposed to come out.. but doubtful.

but it's nice b/c they have volume 5 (the one that they took out on all the online sites) or chapter 23-29 ish on anime and it's really really cute. (episode 16-20 or something)

• 3 months later...
Guest xxrainbowsun

I've watched most of the anime, and read some of the manga.

I think it's really original and unique in its own way. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Autumn1430263885

OMG .... i love this anime/manga. i started with the anime and decided to continue with the manga....glad i did!! Now i'm at the latest chapter...GAH need MORE natsumexmikan >____< took me a bit to like the guy, but he seems like he's changed now ^^

Guest Stolen_waters

This is one of my favorite mangas!

It has the twists and the dark stuff that I love so much. LOL

I love Gakuen Alice not just because of the NatsuemxMikan love, but also because of the plot itself that goes deeper into the history of the characters and the academy as it progresses.

edit:

omg. I've just finished chapter 70. *wipes tears*

Beautiful! Thank god for scanlations! I was just reading summaries up to chapter 92 almost a year ago!

The looooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait was so worth it.

edit:

finished chapter 120. omg. I cried so much.

can't wait for the next chapter.

Guest marasshi

I love the anime. It's so cute. I don't want them to start kissing though (because they're 10 for Pete's sake) so I won't go hunting for the manga. And poor...animal boy? I forget his name! T_T RUKA! Anyway, he was my favorite. I wanted him for Mikan, not Natsume.

• 2 weeks later...

hehe i'm glad that this thread is getting revived.

SPOILERS AHEAD. don't go on if you haven't read chpt 118.

i hope we get out of the "revisiting the past" arc thing soon. it's getting somewhat tiring and it's gotten really really depressing. i like the deep relationships that gakuen alice explores between people to people but i feel like it's lost its original track somewhere along the time travel.

i hope we can get back to the present soon~ but then now that yuka has ran away and with yukihara dead. i suppose the end of this arc is near?

• 1 month later...

^ yeah i hope so.

i want more mikan x natsume moments T____T

i really think she should have saved yukihara... ><

i HATE the elementary school principal >.>

and luna too.

• 1 month later...
Guest Stolen_waters

CHAPTER 122 comments

-do not read if you haven't read the chapter yet-

Seeing Natsume's face like that literally made my heart ache, like something sad was really happening to me. :P

I really support Mikan's decision, but I'm also not sure about what's going to happen afterwards, especially since Yuka and Shiki are always on the run. Also, I don't think she will be able to return after that, unless all the bad guys at the academy disappear, but somehow I have a feeling that the ending will show that Mikan's back at school.

Up to now, I'm still amazed how this manga turned from a somewhat kiddie one to a mature one.

Do you guys think it's about to end? Someone commented on mangafox that she can sense that the manga's ending, but I don't know about that, and I really hope it's not going to happen soon. The author still has a lot of questions to answer, and I feel like we're only in the middle (I'm kind of expecting the manga to continue until the kids are in high school).

Lastly...omg. I hate this... someone also said that she THINKS Natsume's gonna die, but before he does, he's gonna entrust Mikan to Ruka (something like that), and then Mikan and Ruka will end up together.

Seriously, if ever that happens, I'm going to be really disappointed at Tachibana Higuchi. tsk tsk tsk.

edit: 12/17/09

CHAPTER 125

will be released on January 20 in Japan... *sigh* more than a month from now...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xMitsukiChanx

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask this, but does anyone know where I can buy gakuen alice manga? Either the english or the chinese version. The reason I'm asking is because I don't wat to splurge $14 per volume at my local book store since there's actually quite a few volumes... so I'm looking to buy cheaper bulk or second-hand books. If any soompiers are selling please let me know :D Also, ebay (or anything credit card involved) is a no :(.

• 8 months later...

Saw the anime first, really liked it, but I read the manga after, WAAAAAY better then the anime.

I agree so much to this comment.

the anime is like an appetizer and then ... the

manda is like THE FULL COURSE.

everyone should really read this. ^^

Guest angel_cutie

I LOVEEE this series *____*

i have no idea what the anime is like because i didnt bother with it XD

what does natsume and luca's voice sound like?? i heard that the voice actor of mikan is the same as seira from mermaid melody, is that true??

the manga is so cute and loveable~~~

all the characters are different and each of them have a special and unique past.

as well as their abilities :DD i like how theres pheromones XD

and and mikan having a "useless" alice like nullification. at first, yah it does seem kinda useless but

anything can be useful :3

what else.. i like how theres so much mystery in the plot as the story goes on. it starts out so innocent with mikan following her friend to the acadamy. it makes you want to keep reading and reading, but

theres lots of tears too D: i cried reading each volume ^ ^""

anyways~ i would recommend it to any shoujo/ anime lovers haha

i got hooked from the beginning of the cover haha

Guest Samii_18

I agree with the majority. 

Anime = Fail

Manga = winwinwin!

I loved the Manga but I stopped reading it when the story of Mikan's mother/father seemed like it was dragging on for years. 

It was nice to read but seriously, the Manga was so light-hearted and cute and then suddenly it became too dramatic, tense and emotional. Plus no MikanxNatsume time xD. 

I still should catch up though, but every time I go on a new chapter another persons crying xD. Very unappealing 0.o

• 3 weeks later...

Archived