[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] To Love 最初的相遇,最后的别离

pad-hari

6lzBg_4f.jpg

Details:

Title: To Love / Love and Lost
Chinese Title: 相遇别离 / Xiang Yu Bie Li / 最初的相遇,最后的别离 / Zui Chu De Xiang Yu Zui Hou De Bie Li
Broadcast Website: Youku

Broadcast Date: November 19th to December 17th, 2020      

Air Time: Fri-Sat 20:00 (2 eps) on first week, 6 eps released on premiere for VIP, thereafter Mon-Wed (2 eps) for VIP, Mon-Thurs (1 ep) for non-VIP (See Viewing Calendar)
Genre: Crime, Modern, Romance, Suspense
Language: Mandarin
Episodes: 40
Director: Cao Yiwen
Screenwriter: Zhou Yuanjiao
Production Company: Le Flower Film and TV
Executive Producer: Dun Yong
Chief Producer: Zheng Xiaolong
Producer: Cao Ping, Chen Huijin
Origin: China
Source: Adapted from a novel of the same name by Shu Yi
credit:Chinesedrama.info

Cast:

Lin Gengxin as Yan JIn

Gai Cass as Ji Xiao Ou

Du Chun as Zhao Tinghui

Synopsis:

A suspenseful love story in which the fate of several young people with different backgrounds and charms are entangled in two unpredictable twists and turns. Yan Jin, a businessman and former anti-narcotics policeman, decides to investigate a drug-trafficking case that caused the death of his close friend. He infiltrates into the organization as an undercover cop, and gets to know Ji Xiao Ou. This causes Zhan Yu, who has a one-sided crush on her, to be jealous. However, Zhan Yu Meng was murdered and Yan Jin becomes primary suspect. With Ji Xiao Ou's help, Yan Jin sets out to clear his name and to investigate the murder of his close friend.

Cr:MDL

Preview:

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

OSTs:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

Fun facts:

• Filming lasted over four months from May 15, 2019 to October 3, 2019.
  • Filming took place in Dali city, Yunnan province.
  • It is the next drama Lin Gengxin filmed after Princess Agents aired in 2017.
  • Lin Gengxin didn't film any new project after filming his movie Detective Dee: The Four Heavenly Kings in 2017 so his fans who were urging him to get back to work were happy to see him film a new drama in 2019.
  • Qin Hailu takes a special starring role.
  • Veteran actors Yu Rongguang and Wei Zi guest star.
  • The Chinese title translates to, "The first Meeting, The Last Goodbye

Stills:

To Love / Love and Lost China Web Drama

Spoiler

Behind the scenes:

Spoiler

cr:chinesedrama.info

• Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] To Love 相遇别离

This drama has been liscensed by several streaming sites. There will be subs! Drama is region restricted, so you will need to go to the sites to see if it is available in your country.

Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/37308c-to-love

YoYo English YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTB73Ibi_X3GAYCKN6hIQjFTDMXwgeFkV

@Cheerie, no problem.  I also found that this drama thread was archived in another name LOVE AND LOST.  Was impatient and opened a new thread.  Heard good reviews of this drama on MDL.  I like kenny in princess agents.  Its more than 3 years now to see him on screen.  Will wait until more episodes are released with subs.  

6 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Omg!!! Is this true???? Wow!!! How did the paps managed to grab the video so laaanngggg? Indeed they are so intimate.  And Kenny is so so affectionate.  

https://h5.video.weibo.com/show/1034:4575082194862098

I have yet to start this, but becoz of this news, I want to see their chemistry in the drama.  

Haha..its all over weibo today. Some said its a promotion and LGX claimed that he is drunk. 

Glad that you are starting the drama soon. The chemistry between the leads is definitely great. I find it refreshing as both their characters and the storytelling of this drama are very unconventional.  

I enjoyed the initial episodes more on how they hooked up.

Spoiler

Personally, I am a bit disappointed with the undercover story as it is not as convincing. Perhaps they didnt put much effort on that part. Anyway the arc got over quite fast. Moving on, it got better and interesting when resolving the case. 

I think that video is hard evidence that there is something going on even though LGX claims to be drunk. lol It was obvious he couldn't take his hands off her. I am watching this series too but I am finding it hard to completely love their romance onscreen. Honestly, their current love scandal is more interesting then the love story in the drama. lol

2 hours ago, N Bina said:

I think that video is hard evidence that there is something going on even though LGX claims to be drunk. lol It was obvious he couldn't take his hands off her. I am watching this series too but I am finding it hard to completely love their romance onscreen. Honestly, their current love scandal is more interesting then the love story in the drama. lol

Glad that more are watching. What happen to LGX fans? He's been MIA for too long til now tt his thread is archived.

Spoiler

I get what you mean. Me too thought its a bit too ridiculous for the strong girl to allow him to carry her off for a holiday lol and accepted him. I do see their chemistry but the process is lacking.

The part i cant stand is the 美男計 relationship with the older lady. The attraction never exist on either side lol. At least he has it with the FL :P

@Cheerie LOL As a LGX fan, I am still recovering from the lake where his Yuwen Yue drowned in. Watching this makes me reminisce about PA and how bad it was. LOL Its like YWY finally reincarnated and is able to flirt with women in the 21st century but still secretive as heck in his profession!

27 minutes ago, N Bina said:

@Cheerie LOL As a LGX fan, I am still recovering from the lake where his Yuwen Yue drowned in. Watching this makes me reminisce about PA and how bad it was. LOL Its like YWY finally reincarnated and is able to flirt with women in the 21st century but still secretive as heck in his profession!

Haha...remember we were joking about his ears turning red doing kissing scene and hoping he will do a romantic drama. And now here our YWY did pretty well with his new leading lady lol. By the way, ZLY praising his new drama on weibo and he still address her as Zing Er. 

Paging @gentlelily12 @yueyyo

1 hour ago, Cheerie said:

Haha...remember we were joking about his ears turning red doing kissing scene and hoping he will do a romantic drama. And now here our YWY did pretty well with his new leading lady lol. By the way, ZLY praising his new drama on weibo and he still address her as Zing Er. 

ZLY did?!! Awe, they have a cute friendship, i would have thought they haven't kept in touch since PA. I use to think ZLY was one of his best co-stars but I think he suits his new leading lady just as well. Visually, they are stunning. I guess taking a break really helped him vamp up his acting skills as well, this is very different from other shows he's been on. Totally the opposite of sad YWY who I still love to this day. T_T

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted in a similar thread so I guess there are double topic on this drama. I like suspense but still could not move on from PA. Maybe I have to order my unconsciousness to think that YWY reincarnated to the modern world too to enjoy his dramas again. 

It is good to hear that LGX and ZLY maintain a good relationship, in case PA2 is on the way *sigh

On 11/27/2020 at 5:40 PM, N Bina said:

On 11/27/2020 at 3:56 PM, Cheerie said:

Maybe to him indeed ZLY is forever the star bling bling :grin:

• Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] To Love 最初的相遇,最后的别离

I love this drama!! I checked out the plot summary, decided to watch it, next thing I know, here I am, waiting for the subs to episode 7! The main cast are devastatingly beautiful to look at and the storyline is good too. I hope the quality keeps up. 

I loved the conversation in episode 6 as they wait for the sunrise. It's an extremely vulnerable moment when Xiao asks YanJin "Are you serious with me?... I mean it, be serious!.... Will you lie to me?". Poor girl! I think many people find the character standoffish and snobbish so far, but I see a cautious person. Yan Jin may look enthusiastic about her but I think she has been watching him to make a decision about whether he is serious or just a joker like his over-enthusiasm shows. At this point, he's using her in his undercover plan, but of course he will fall for her and she'll find out that he was stringing her along, they'll break up and he has to pursue her for real real..lol. 

Back to the conversation in the car... she's finally cracking, he's gotten under her skin and breached her walls and the girl kisses him. (I loved her kiss, his kiss back was an overenthusiastic attack like his character :D, but it will do for now.) My romantic fantasy goes up in smoke a few moments later when she says, "I admit I yielded to him totally, I hoped I could see Yan Jin everyday... but he disappeared three days after..."

I wish they could subtitle faster! Chinese dramas are my current thing. I have been watching them on and off, but Dating in the Kitchen really cemented my interest, especially because the Chinese seem to be doing skinship and kiss scenes better than Korea atm. (I'm tired of those ridiculous kdrama hugs and sloppy closed mouthed kiss scenes)

C-drama Ratings and Celeb Rankings (week starting Nov 30)

As expected, a number of new premieres have made the top 10 online. Nonetheless, suspense romance drama To Love which has been airing since last month takes the lead as it climbs a few spots from 4th to 1st place this week. 

Web Rankings

Top Dramas (7-Day)   
1. To Love
2. Qin Dynasty Epic
3. The Centimeter of Love
4. The Wolf
5. The Deer and the Cauldron (Zhang Yishan version)
6. Healer of Children
7. Irreplaceable Love
8. Fearless Whispers
9. Fate
10. You Complete Me

Top Celebrities (7-Day)
1. Xiao Zhan
2. Li Yifeng
3. Li Qin
4. Zhu Yilong
5. Kenny Lin Gengxin
6. Tina Tang Yixin
7. Neo Hou Minghao
8. Darren Wang
9. Wu Jinyan
10. Ju Jingyi 

Cr:dramapanda

On 12/12/2020 at 7:02 PM, africandramalover said:

I love this drama!! I checked out the plot summary, decided to watch it, next thing I know, here I am, waiting for the subs to episode 7! The main cast are devastatingly beautiful to look at and the storyline is good too. I hope the quality keeps up. 

I loved the conversation in episode 6 as they wait for the sunrise. It's an extremely vulnerable moment when Xiao asks YanJin "Are you serious with me?... I mean it, be serious!.... Will you lie to me?". Poor girl! I think many people find the character standoffish and snobbish so far, but I see a cautious person. Yan Jin may look enthusiastic about her but I think she has been watching him to make a decision about whether he is serious or just a joker like his over-enthusiasm shows. At this point, he's using her in his undercover plan, but of course he will fall for her and she'll find out that he was stringing her along, they'll break up and he has to pursue her for real real..lol. 

Back to the conversation in the car... she's finally cracking, he's gotten under her skin and breached her walls and the girl kisses him. (I loved her kiss, his kiss back was an overenthusiastic attack like his character :D, but it will do for now.) My romantic fantasy goes up in smoke a few moments later when she says, "I admit I yielded to him totally, I hoped I could see Yan Jin everyday... but he disappeared three days after..."

I wish they could subtitle faster! Chinese dramas are my current thing. I have been watching them on and off, but Dating in the Kitchen really cemented my interest, especially because the Chinese seem to be doing skinship and kiss scenes better than Korea atm. (I'm tired of those ridiculous kdrama hugs and sloppy closed mouthed kiss scenes)

Hi Africandramalover, I'm like you too... I jumped on the c drama phase after watching Dating in the Kitchen. I love that series... and I am enjoying this one immensely too. So suspenseful and the two leads are just eyecandy individually and together. They are so fun to watch ... i just love watching their interactions, whether it's hot or cold. 

And it helps that they can act as well. 

I'm just so impressed with the production of this drama so far... simply excellent!!

• 2 weeks later...

In episodes 7 and 8 when YanJin had to be the bad guy so that the "triad squad" doesn't catch on to his undercover game....y'all!!! He became my enemy!! At one point I was convinced he hated Xiao'ou! Thankfully they didn't drag the cruelty and he kinda made up for it in episode 10 with that drunken scene in Xiao's bedroom :D

I'm loving this drama, but man I need those subtitles to drop quickly!! 2 episodes a week is like drops in the desert! 

I only watched the MV so far that focused on the romantic side. I keep looking for LGX red ears lol. At least from the MV it's not there. So he is better/more prepared now for the romantic scenes. Good for him! Although I wish to see him in a more serious suspense or wuxia drama again. His next project is still comrom modern day. 

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] To Love 最初的相遇,最后的别离
On 12/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, pad-hari said:

C-drama Ratings and Celeb Rankings (week starting Nov 30)

As expected, a number of new premieres have made the top 10 online. Nonetheless, suspense romance drama To Love which has been airing since last month takes the lead as it climbs a few spots from 4th to 1st place this week. 

Web Rankings

Top Dramas (7-Day)   
1. To Love
2. Qin Dynasty Epic
3. The Centimeter of Love
4. The Wolf
5. The Deer and the Cauldron (Zhang Yishan version)
6. Healer of Children
7. Irreplaceable Love
8. Fearless Whispers
9. Fate
10. You Complete Me

Top Celebrities (7-Day)
1. Xiao Zhan
2. Li Yifeng
3. Li Qin
4. Zhu Yilong
5. Kenny Lin Gengxin
6. Tina Tang Yixin
7. Neo Hou Minghao
8. Darren Wang
9. Wu Jinyan
10. Ju Jingyi 

Cr:dramapanda

It's actually quite surprising that at some point this drama reached the top spot. I guess I read somewhere that LGX got irritated by a very bad rating initially and retorted in an awful way online, then a couple of hours later apologized by saying he was previously drunk. 

He later blamed again the alcohol for the kissing scandal. This dude really has a problem with drink or is it just an excuse. Both do not sound good to me but hopefully I was wrong. I still want to see him in great projects.

Btw, any idea how to wake up a closed topic?

2 hours ago, tuscany said:

Btw, any idea how to wake up a closed topic?

Cannot revive an archived topic.  If u want to, then start a new discussion thread.  That's the reply I saw in one of the tutorials by an admin.  

IKR, I saw Kenny Lin blaming the alcohol he drank.  Some years back he was so reserved and now this.  I don't know how he could change to two extremes.  Hehe.  But this show is still high among the international viewers and hitting the right notes.  But the subs are little slow.  So I am waiting for the whole sub to finish to start this.

Archived