2022 NETFLIX DRAMA

JUVENILE JUDGEMENT

01.28771872.1.jpg

Drama: Juvenile Judgement/ Juvenile Judge/Juvenile Court

Hangul: 소년심판

Genre: legal

Network: Netflix

Episodes: 10

Director: Hong Jong Chan (My Secret Hotel, Dear My Friends, Live Up to Your Name, The Lost Beautiful Goodbye, Life, My Private Life)

Writer: Kim Min Seok (

Release Date:February 25, 2022

Runtime:Friday

Production Company:

OST: [Full Album] Juvenile Justice OST / 소년심판 OST

Official site:

Plot

“Juvenile Judgement” is a legal drama that takes place when a prickly judge who hates juvenile offenders is newly appointed to the juvenile court of the Yeonhwa District. The judge, who was a victim of a juvenile crime before, will face various cases involving youth and discover what it truly means to be an adult.

Cast

Kim Hye Soo as Shim Eun Seok

Kim Moo Yeol as Cha Tae-too

Lee Sung Min as Kang Won-joong

Park Jong Hwan as Go Kang-sik

Park Ji Yeon as Woo Soo-mi

Shin Jae Hwi as Seo-bum

Kim Chang Hyung as

Geum Kwang-San as Kyung Joong-Han

Oh Min Jung as guardian

Character descriptions

Shim Eun Seok (Kim Hye Soo) is  a judge in the juvenile court of the Yeonhwa District. She is someone with charismatic eyes and a rough personality who is fierce enough to be considered arrogant. She has a competitive streak, which helped her push past her male colleagues to reach the top.

(Kim Moo Yeol) ia a  judge who is 180 centimeters (5 feet 11 inches) tall and has broad shoulders, described as “both manly and sexy,” he is someone who overcame the hardships of a poor environment and became a judge after taking the high school qualification exam (the Korean equivalent of a GED).

Posters

Spoiler

image_readtop_2022_73315_164307333849280

BOm1b_2f.jpg

Juvenile_Justice-tp003.jpeg

202202091006232890_img_00.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1
  • Love 3

November 23 2020

Kim Hye-Soo cast in Netflix drama “Juvenile Judgement”

Juvenile_Judgement-tp1.jpg

Kim Hye-Soo is cast in Netflix drama series “Juvenile Judgement” (literal title). The drama series will be directed by Hong Jong-Chan (“Her Private Life“). Kim Hye-Soo’s previous drama series “Hyena” had her play a sharp personal attorney and for “Juvenile Judgement” she will make the jump to the other side of the courtroom and play a judge. More specifically, Kim Hye-Soo will play Sim Eun-Seok who is judge at a local juvenile court.

Release date for “Juvenile Judgement” has not yet been revealed, but it will be available to stream worldwide through Netflix.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: As crimes committed by minors get more violent and cruel, the offenders usually escape any serious types of punishment.

Sim Eun-Seok (Kim Hye-Soo) is an elite judge with a personality that seems unfriendly to others. She hates juvenile criminals. Sim Eun-Seok gets assigned to a local juvenile court. There, she breaks custom and administers her own ways of punishing the offenders.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-hye-soo-cast-in-netflix-drama-juvenile-judgement

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kim Hye-soo, Kim Mu-yeol courted for Netflix drama Juvenile Court

by tineybeanie

khs_kmy.jpg
Kim Hye-soo, Kim Mu-yeol

Kim Hye-soo (Hyena) and Kim Mu-yeol (Intruder) have reportedly been offered roles in the upcoming Netflix original series Juvenile Court. According to both of the actors’ respective agencies, they are currently in the stages of reviewing the project.

The role Kim Hye-soo has been offered is that of the main character, a prickly judge who hates young criminal offenders, but has been recently appointed to preside cases at the local district’s juvenile crimes court. Similarly, Kim Mu-yeol’s character is also a judge for the same juvie court, but he graduated with only G.E.D. (basically, he’s never gone to college), so clearly there’s a story behind his youth.

Meanwhile, Kim Hye-soo’s mystery film The Day I Died, directed by Park Ji-wan, will be released on November 12 if you’re itching to watch her in a new project soon. Likewise, you can catch sight of Kim Mu-yeol in the mystery film Intruder, directed by Sohn Won-pyung, which premiered in June of this year.

Netflix drama Juvenile Court, written by Kim Min-seok and directed by Hong Joong-chan, has yet to release details regarding its air date.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/kim-hye-soo-kim-mu-yeol-courted-for-netflix-drama-juvenile-court/

Kim Hye Soo And Kim Moo Yeol In Talks For New Legal Drama

29f0b1effc7a492c9d6e4794acf2ef2b.jpeg?s=

Nov 10, 2020
by L. Kim

Kim Hye Soo and Kim Moo Yeol could potentially be teaming up for a new drama!

On November 10, one source shared that Kim Hye Soo and Kim Moo Yeol will be playing the lead roles in a new Netflix drama titled “Juvenile Judgement” (literal title). Both their agencies confirmed that they are currently reviewing the script.

“Juvenile Judgement” is a legal drama that takes place when a prickly judge who hates juvenile offenders is newly appointed to the juvenile court of the Yeonhwa District. The judge, who was a victim of a juvenile crime before, will face various cases involving youth and discover what it truly means to be an adult.

If Kim Hye Soo accepts the role, she will play Shim Eun Seok, a judge in the juvenile court of the Yeonhwa District. She is someone with charismatic eyes and a rough personality who is fierce enough to be considered arrogant. She has a competitive streak, which helped her push past her male colleagues to reach the top.

On the other hand, Kim Moo Yeol was offered the role of another judge who is 180 centimeters (5 feet 11 inches) tall and has broad shoulders. Described as “both manly and sexy,” he is someone who overcame the hardships of a poor environment and became a judge after taking the high school qualification exam (the Korean equivalent of a GED).

“Juvenile Judgement” is directed by Hong Jong Chan and written by Kim Min Seok. It will be produced by Gill Pictures, and the drama will air on Netflix.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1436967wpp/kim-hye-soo-and-kim-moo-yeol-in-talks-for-new-legal-drama

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jongski said:

OMG the cast.  I drool and yes Kim Moo Yeol:wub:  

I was thinking when I heard news about his movie that I want to see Kim Moo Yeol in a drama again and when I saw the casting news two weeks ago I was so happy. I like all the actors involved so far and the plot looks promising.

I am looking forward to many dramas next year. YAY!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Sung-min joins Kim Hye-soo, Kim Mu-yeol in Netflix drama Juvenile Court

by tccolb

nsnsp.jpg
Kim Mu-yeol, Lee Sung-min

Casting has been confirmed for Kim Hye-soo (Hyena) and Kim Mu-yeol (Bad Guys: City of Evil) to star in Netflix’s upcoming drama Juvenile Court, and reports confirm that Lee Sung-min (Money Game) will also be joining the main cast.

The drama is about a judge who hates dealing with underaged offenders, but gets assigned to the juvenile division in a suburban district court house. As the story explores each criminal case, they aim to question how social environment plays a factor in the behavior of children and youth, and how the adults in their lives as well as society as a whole also share blame and responsibility.

Kim Hye-soo plays the central character, Judge Shim Eun-seok, the new judge at the district juvenile court house. Having a prickly personality, she is easily irritated, but she has impressive credentials and is more than capable in her job.

In contrast, Kim Mu-yeol plays the more down-to-earth Associate Judge Cha Tae-joo. He didn’t go to the best schools and doesn’t have any fancy connections, but he approaches his job with compassion for the youth. And he tries to be like a friendly uncle to them rather than a scary judge.

Lee Sung-min takes on the role of Kang Won-joong, the head judge at the juvenile crimes court, who is a complex thinker, ambitious, and charismatic. Although he has been working as a judge for 18 years and counting, with every decision he still continues to struggle with finding the balance between what is ideal versus what is realistic.

Written by Kim Min-seok and directed by PD Hong Jong-chan (Life, Dear My Friends), Netflix drama Juvenile Courts is currently in the planning stages and a release date has not yet been announced.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/lee-sung-min-joins-kim-hye-soo-kim-mu-yeol-in-netflix-drama-juvenile-court/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Netflix Drama ‘Juvenile Judgement’ Confirms Kim Moo Yeol, Kim Hye Soo, and Lee Sung Min as its Main Leads

BY Shai S. Dec 04, 2020 07:20 AM EST

The long wait is over. The final leads for the upcoming Netflix drama "Juvenile Judgement" have finally been revealed!

juvenile-judgement.jpeg?w=600?w=650

(Photo : Twitter)

The series's story will focus on court issues and the present crimes in the society where most of the people involved are minors. "Juvenile Judgement" will be an eye-opener to the public on how minors under the age of 14 should be put into discipline and be accountable for their wrongdoings.

It will be directed by Hong Jong Chan, who has also been recognized for his previous projects such as "Dear My Friends" and "Live Up To Your Name." This time, director Jong Chan is excited to make another interesting story for he will show to the audience heavy and complicated events currently happening in the society.

After her portrayal as a lawyer named Jung Geum Ja, in a Netflix's series "Hyena," this will be another extraordinary role for actress Kim Hye Soo. From being an attorney to a judge, the actress is known to portray strong characters. She is also famous for being one of the strongest female actresses in the field of Korean drama entertainment.

The duality that she always has in her roles establish the authentic image that Kim Hye Soo is a brave woman and can do anything through courage and determination. With the acquired skills and training from her previous projects, the actress will be making a remarkable persona once again as she plays the role of a judge that will save people from injustices.

kim-hye-soo.jpeg?w=600?w=650

Her character has been appointed to a court in Yeonhwa District, a known city with the highest juvenile crime rate. Eun Seok is a brilliant judge who will use her position to bring justice and hope.

Opposite her character is Cha Tae Joo, who will be played by actor Kim Moo Yeol. His character is literally the opposite of Shim Eun Seok, for he is warm, gentle, soft, friendly, and has a strong charisma. Kim Moo Yeol's amazing performance in acting was recognized from his past movies "Wicked Man," "Honest Candidate," and "Intruder."

kim-moo-yeol.jpeg?w=600?w=650

Joining Kim Hye Soo and Kim Moo Yeol as the main cast is actor Lee Sung Min as Kang Won Joong.

Lee Sun Min is known for his vigilant and sharp acting through the years of being in the entertainment industry. He has always been appreciated for his roles. Some of his previous dramas are "Hwajung", "Memory", "Entourage", "Money Game", "Soul Mechanic". He has also done many movies like "Remember" where he worked with "Start-Up" actor Nam Joo Hyuk, "The 8th Day's Night", "Mr. Zoo: The Missing VIP", "The Man Standing Next", "Black Money", "The Beast", "Hit-and-Run Squad" and more.

Spoiler

lee-sung-min.jpeg?w=600?w=650

The chemistry of the three characters are being anticipated by the viewers on what kind of relationship they are bringing on small screens.

"Juvenile Judgement" is set to start their production which made their fans become more excited for they will be bringing new stories and lessons that the viewers can relate to.

The details and updates about the drama will further be announced to the public soon!

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119415/20201204/netflix-drama-juvenile-judgement-confirms-kim-moo-yeol-kim-hye-soo-and-lee-sung-min-as-its-main-leads.htm

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Juvenile Judgement, 소년심판- Kim Hye Soo, Kim Moo Yeol & Lee Sung Min
19 minutes ago, larus said:

I am excited with this drama. I like the plot alot and I love the main cast. I can`t wait to watch all three on screen together.

Same here! The character descriptions for Kim Hye Soo & Kim Moo Yeol are already sound exciting!! But nothing further about Lee Sung Min sshi yet..??! I wonder what character would he play in the drama. What you think about it, dear?! Must be another excited role for a veteran actor like him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gm4queen said:

But nothing further about Lee Sung Min sshi yet..??! I wonder what character would he play in the drama. What you think about it, dear?! Must be another excited role for a veteran actor like him. 

From the article on Dramabeans

4 hours ago, larus said:

Lee Sung-min takes on the role of Kang Won-joong, the head judge at the juvenile crimes court, who is a complex thinker, ambitious, and charismatic. Although he has been working as a judge for 18 years and counting, with every decision he still continues to struggle with finding the balance between what is ideal versus what is realistic.

It seams like all three have different personalities. I think they will focus on the stories of the juvenile offenders and we see these three judges bring something to the story with their experience and believes. I don`t think Lee Sung Min will play the baddie but even if he will do it, it will be a multidimensional character, with layers. That's my feeling. Either way, I like it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jongski said:

Excited! Any other cast updates?

Even though I don't understand the tweet below, still sharing because.. look at them! plus terrific acting awaits! Plus the plot.

No, so far t only the three main leads. But that`s what I need. I love the cast and I have no doubt that we`ll have a good suporting cast as well.

We have the cast, the plot, and hopefully we`ll have a good script as well. I am excited. There are a lot of dramas I look forward in 2021 and this one is in my top.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

10 Korean dramas to be released by Netflix this year

http://image.cine21.com/resize/cine21/movie/2021/0106/18_01_11__5ff57c578d6a3%5BW578-%5D.jpg

"Juvenile judge"Director: Hong Jong-chan / Cast: Kim Hye-soo, Kim Mu-yeol, Lee Seong-min

<Juvenil Judgment> is a drama featuring judges who judge juvenile offenders in a court. An elite judge who hates juvenile offenders, Eun-Seok Shim (Kim Hye-soo), describes the story of a juvenile criminal consensus unit (here in after referred to as the juvenile division) in a district court. Cha Tae-joo (Kim Moo-yeol) from the GED, and Kang Won-joong (Lee Seong-min), the chief judge who leads the two, appear as judges proceeding with Eun-seok. Based on the heavy subject of juvenile crime, it will show the process of conflict and harmony between people with different values. Director Hong Jong-chan, whose strength is in delicate storytelling such as dramas <Dear My Friends> and <Life>, was in charge.

http://m.cine21.com/news/view/?mag_id=96918

• Like 3