[Drama 2022] Juvenile Justice/ Juvenile Judgement, 소년심판

larus

by Dojemi10, January 19, 2022
50 65

Netflix unveils full line-up of their upcoming 2022 original films and series!

Netflix Korea generously unveils this year's lineup of original Korean content!
From zombies to entertainment shows to kinky rom-coms, here's what to look forward to Netflix this 2022!

Juvenile Justice

d5zqd_2f.jpg

Starring: Kim Hye Soo, Kim Mu Yeol, and Lee Sung Min 

A tough judge balances her aversion to minor offenders with firm beliefs on justice and punishment as she tackles complex cases inside a juvenile court.

• Like 1

by lo_ve, January 25, 2022
0 1

The upcoming Netflix series "Juvenile Justice" starring Kim Hye Soo will be out next month!

On January 25th, Netflix released the first video teaser of the upcoming drama "Juvenile Justice." Through the video, it was also revealed that the drama will premiere on February 25. It will exclusively air on Netflix. 

"Juvenile Justice" will be led by Kim Hye Soo, Kim Mu Yeol, Lee Sung Min, Lee Jung Eun, Park Jong Hwan, and Park Ji Yun. The drama will tell the story of a judge who hates juvenile offenders and got appointed to the juvenile court of the Yeonhwa District. 

The upcoming series will be directed by Hong Jong Chan ("Her Private Life" and "Live Up to Your Name"). The script will be penned by Kim Min Sook ("Notebook from My Mother"). 

"Juvenile Justice" is one of the dramas that will first premiere on Netflix this year. Other Korean contents that will also air this February are "Love and Leashes," "Thirty-Nine," "Twenty-Five Twenty-One," "Forecasting Love and Weather," and more. 

BOm1b_2f.jpg

Kim Hye Soo will portray the role of Shim Eun Seok, the newly appointed judge at the Juvenile Criminal Justice Department. She despises juvenile offenders and doesn't hide it. This will be the comeback drama of Kim Hye Soo after two years. She last starred in the 2020 series "Hyena." 

Kim Moo Yeol will bring life to the role of Cha Tae Joo, a judge that works with Shim Eun Seok. Aside from "Juvenile Justice," the actor will also join the upcoming drama "Grid." 

Lee Sung Min and Lee Jung Eun will be playing the role of the senior judges. Lee Sung Min will be judge Kang Won Joong while Lee Jung Eun will be Na Geun Hee. 

Lee Sung Min will star in three dramas this year. First will be "Juvenile Justice" followed by "The Youngest Son of a Conglomerate" and "Veteran Detective." 

Lee Jung Eun will also be busy this year. She will also join the dramas "Beyond the Memory" and "Our Blues." 

Watch the video teaser here:

https://mydramalist.com/article/netflix-original-series-juvenile-justice-confirmed-to-premiere-this-february

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Juvenile Judgement, 소년심판- Kim Hye Soo, Kim Moo Yeol & Lee Sung Min- Premieres on February 25th
January 25 2022

Teaser trailer for Netflix drama series “Juvenile Justice”

Juvenile_Justice-tp001.jpeg

English subtitled teaser trailer added for Netflix drama series “Juvenile Justice” starring Kim Hye-Soo & Kim Moo-Yul. 10 character posters for the drama series has also been release. The first four are of Kim Hye-Soo, Kim Moo-Yul, Lee Sung-Min, and Lee Jung-Eun, who all play judges. Captions on their poster states “I hate juvenile offenders.” The last 6 character posters are juvenile offender characters. The identities of the actors that play them has not yet been revealed. Captions on their posters states “I am a juvenile offender.”

“Juvenile Justice” is now scheduled to premiere February 25, 2022 on Netflix.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: As crimes committed by minors get more violent and cruel, the offenders usually escape any serious types of punishment.

Sim Eun-Seok (Kim Hye-Soo) is an elite judge with a personality that seems unfriendly to others. She hates juvenile criminals. Sim Eun-Seok gets assigned to a local juvenile court. There, she breaks custom and administers her own ways of punishing the offenders.

Juvenile_Justice-tp002.jpeg

Juvenile_Justice-tp003.jpeg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-netflix-drama-series-juvenile-justice

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Excited! I've been waiting and waiting for this drama! My favorite actors are here, I already mentioned I'm going to to be treated to excellent acting from the leads. I hope the younger actors deliver too. Perhaps will see breakthrough star.

My favs in this drama are leads. I'm happy.

Kim Moo Yeol from My Beautiful Bride and movies  always watch

Kim Hye Soo from Signal one the best  kdrama

Lee Sung Min from Misaeng.  I watch most of his dramas

Lee Jung Eun from many dramas I like.

As I mentioned previous page I've watch most all dramas of the director ( Her Private Life, Life, The Most Beautiful Goodbye, Live up to your Name, Dear My Friends, My Secret Hotel). But..I'm not familiar with the writer so I hope the writing and fluidity is good. This is courtroom drama and how deliquents are treated  as such.

Thanks larus for updates!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

I watched the trailer this morning and will give this drama a shot!  I wasn't enthusiastic when I saw the name of the drama, but then again, I thought the name Hyena was off-putting and I ended up enjoying that drama much more than I expected.   

• Like 3

Geum Kwang-San Joins Netflix's 'Boys' Judgment'

fullsizephoto1146776.jpg

Actor Geum Kwang-San will join Netflix's anticipated drama 'Juvenile Judgment' in the first half of 2022. The Netflix drama “Judgment of Boys” is a human court drama about the story of Shim Eun-seok (Kim Hye-soo), a judge who hates juvenile criminals, who is newly appointed to the juvenile department of the district court. The Netflix drama ‘Juvenile Judgment’ will be released on Netflix on February 25, 2022.

He made his debut with the movie 'Asura' and worked with <High Mountain Man, Daedongyeojido>, <Lucky>, <Missing: Disappeared Wife>, <Rebel Army>, <Fabricated City>, and <The Villainess>, before working on the movie <Crime>. After being imprinted with the role of a tattoo man in the bathroom in The City, he played a supporting role in <Miok>, <Champion>, <Solo Battle>, <Long Live the King>, <Raging Bull>, and <For the New Emperor>, and played a supporting role in the drama <38 He is also growing into a middle-aged action actor with various genres of acting in <Bad Guys: City of Evil>, <Forest>, and <Clone Man>.

Geum Kwang-San is currently filming the fantasy exorcism OCN drama <Island> that uncovers the secrets hidden on the beautiful island of Jeju Island in the South Sea, and Grow Ent announced that they will actively support his future activities.

http://www.job-post.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=47051

• Like 2

"I was happy that the work came to me"... Kim Hye-soo talks about 'Juvenile Judgement'

01.28771872.1.jpg

The teaser poster for 'Juvenile Judgement', which completed the long-cherished story of up-and-coming writer Kim Min-seok from a balanced perspective by veteran director Hong Jong-chan, has released a teaser poster. 'Juvenile Judgment' is a Netflix series depicting the juvenile crimes that judge Shim Eun-seok, who 'has hatred' for juvenile offenders, faces when he is appointed to the juvenile department of the district court and the judges in charge of them.

Kim Hye-soo's choice of 'Juvenile Judgment', "a series that we have no choice but to ponder together"/Netflix

4 judges with different beliefs and opinions toward juvenile offenders appear in 'juvenile judgement'. Their different perspectives make us think about what our society really needs to do with juvenile offenders. Director Hong Jong-chan joined 'Boys' Judgment' four years after writer Kim Min-seok started the idea.

Director Hong Jong-chan, who has dealt with the story delicately, expressed the excitement he felt after seeing the script, saying, "After receiving the script, it will be difficult to meet such a project in the future. I thought I had to do it." “I came to think a lot that the story being dealt with in ‘Juvenile Judgment’ is not someone else’s problem, but rather a problem that is closely related to our surroundings, where I can become the parent of the perpetrator or victim one day.” Using the different perspectives and beliefs of the four judges, we ask the inevitable questions of what we have been doing and what we can do about juvenile crime and reality.

The teaser poster with a strong black and white contrast and a red title makes us curious about the stories they will tell us with the different atmospheres of several juvenile offenders and four judges with different expressions. Kim Hye-soo, who plays Judge Shim Eun-seok, who does not hesitate to say that she hates juvenile criminals, said, “I was surprised that such a story could be written. It was nice to think that it was a series that viewers had no choice but to ponder together, and I was happy that the work came to me,” she said when she first encountered the scenario.

Kim Moo-yeol, who plays Judge Cha Tae-joo, who looks at juvenile criminals with a different temperature from Shim Eun-seok, said, "I was naturally drawn to this story because I was interested in it. I liked the purpose of the work, so I wanted to do it together."  Lee Seong-min, who played Chief Judge Kang Won-jung, explained why he had no choice but to participate in the work, saying, "'Judgment of Boys' was a work that sought a more active and specific solution. . Lee Jung-eun, who plays Na Geun-hee, another judge with a bitter personality, said, "It was nice as an actor that a work that could capture the image of the times of the society we are facing came out as an actor."

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202202039569H

https://m.sportsw.kr/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065573261429429

• Like 3

Still cuts of Netflix's new original series 'Juvenile' Judgment' have been released.

2202070901204530.jpg

On the February 7th, the production team of 'Judgment of Boys' released still cuts of juvenile offenders who committed crimes at a young age and four judges Kim Hye-soo, Kim Mu-yeol, Lee Seong-min, and Lee Jung-eun, who looked at the juvenile offenders from different perspectives.

The released stills contain the intense and constant worries of four judges in court uniforms, juvenile offenders who have committed a crime, and the judges who must continue to manage and supervise juvenile offenders after the trial.

https://m.newspim.com/news/view/20220207000052

• Like 2

Finally! A drama from Netflix void of any zombies or special effects monsters. You can tell I'm no fan of them.

This one  gritty legal courtroom drama how minors as juvenile offenders are treated after committing a crime.  How justice is serve whilst making sure the minors get correct process of justice but at the same victims also gets justice.  Starring 4 excellent actors as leads

Btw, KMY two dramas back to back this Feb. Juvenile Justice (Netflix) and Grid (Disney) ♡♡♡

• Like 2

Netflix's 'Juvenile Judgment ' Kim Hye-soo "It's surprising and fresh enough to be shocking"

202202091006232890_d.jpg

The main poster and main trailer of the Netflix series 'Judgment of Boys', which depicts the stories of judges in charge of juvenile crimes and the judges in charge of them, has been released as a judge Shim Eun-seok, who 'has hatred' of juvenile criminals, faces juvenile crimes when he is appointed to the juvenile department of the district court.

The released poster contains a juvenile court where judges and juvenile offenders face each other. 'Boy Judgment' is about Shim Eun-seok (Kim Hye-soo), who openly says, "I hate juvenile criminals," Cha Tae-joo (Kim Mu-yeol), who looks at children with a different temperature, Kang Won-joong (Lee Seong-min) and a boy who make realistic judgments for a bigger goal. Through the judges of the juvenile division with different beliefs, even Na Geun-hee (Lee Jung-eun), who thinks of the case as a speed game, it shows a balanced perspective on juvenile crime and juvenile offenders.

202202091006232890_img_00.jpg

Spoiler

202202091006232890_img_01.jpg

202202091006232890_img_02.jpg

202202091006232890_img_03.jpg

https://star.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202202091006232890

• Like 3

February 9 2022

Trailer & posters for Netflix drama “Juvenile Justice”

Juvenile_Justice-tp01SM01.jpg

English subtitled main trailer and two posters added for Netflix drama series “Juvenile Justice” starring Kim Hye-Soo, Kim Moo-Yul, and Lee Sung-Min. Captions on the posters states “I hate juvenile offenders.” The caption applies to main character Sim Eun-Seok played by Kim Hye-Soo. She is a judge and loathes juvenile criminals.

“Juvenile Justice” will be available to stream from February 25, 2022 on Netflix.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: As crimes committed by minors get more violent and cruel, the offenders usually escape any serious types of punishment.

Sim Eun-Seok (Kim Hye-Soo) is an elite judge with a personality that seems unfriendly to others. She hates juvenile criminals. Sim Eun-Seok gets assigned to a local juvenile court. There, she breaks custom and administers her own ways of punishing the offenders.

• Like 2

Judge Kim Hye-soo commands the courtroom in Netflix’s Juvenile Justice

by tccolb

jjt2.jpg

Netflix drama Juvenile Justice is gearing up to be quite the think piece, delving deep into society’s differing views on juvenile crimes and how they should be approached.

Centered around a district court house, the drama presents a harsh perspective through our lead character Kim Hye-soo (Hyena). She believes that even if they’re young, perpetrators must learn to respect the law and be held accountable for their crimes. In contrast, Kim Mu-yeol (Grid) wants to show compassion. Taking the perpetrators’ youth and circumstances into consideration, he prefers to be understanding and give offenders the opportunity to right their wrongs.

As head of the court house, though, Lee Sung-min (Money Game) has to keep the bigger picture in mind, and often leans towards “practical” solutions that will wrap up the case. Lee Jung-eun (Law School), on the other hand, has become somewhat desensitized to juvenile crimes over the years and tends to think lightly of them.

The newly released teaser opens with Kim Hye-soo sitting at her desk and going over case notes. As we watch the police arrest the young perpetrator, we hear the news report in voiceover. In court, Kim Hye-soo is alarmed by the boy’s laughter and it further supports why she hates juvenile crime. Kim Mu-yeol, however, is more upset by Kim Hye-soo’s attitude and confronts her about it afterwards. Kim Hye-soo firmly defends her view and takes it a step further by actively seeking young offenders potentially involved in her case. Lee Sung-min reprimands her for crossing the line into police duties, and Lee Jung-eun agrees that Kim Hye-soo is being extreme. Upset, Kim Hye-soo argues that the importance of the law — and its consequences — need to be taught.

We then jump to Kim Mu-yeol’s perspective and through the accompanying montage, we see the vulnerability of youth. Kim reasons that judges are positioned to help juvenile offenders and can give them a chance to better themselves. Kim Hye-soo isn’t easily convinced, though, and we see the examples of youth cruelty in the sequence that follows. After quick close-ups of the four main characters, the teaser comes to a close with Kim Hye-soo and Kim Mu-yeol standing in an empty court room. Kim Mu-yeol questions what happens after the young offenders have served the sentences she gave them, and Kim Hye-soo replies ominously that she’ll show him.

Written by Kim Min-seok and directed by PD Hong Jong-chan (Life, Dear My Friends), Netflix original Juvenile Justice drops February 25.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/02/judge-kim-hye-soo-commands-the-courtroom-in-netflixs-juvenile-justice/

• Like 3

Kim Hye Soo, Kim Moo Yeol, Lee Sung Min, And Lee Jung Eun Transform Into Very Different Judges For Upcoming Legal Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 16, 2022
by L. Kim

Netflix has released new stills of its upcoming drama “Juvenile Justice” (literal title)!

“Juvenile Justice” is a legal drama that takes place when a prickly judge who hates juvenile offenders is newly appointed to the juvenile court of the Yeonhwa District. The judge, who was a victim of a juvenile crime before, will face various cases involving youth and discover what it truly means to be an adult.

On February 16, the drama unveiled its first glimpse of Kim Hye Soo, Kim Moo Yeol, Lee Sung Min, and Lee Jung Eun in character!

Kim Hye Soo plays Shim Eun Seok, a judge in the juvenile court of the Yeonhwa District. She is someone with charismatic eyes and a rough personality who is fierce enough to be considered arrogant. She has a competitive streak, which helped her push past her male colleagues to reach the top. The photo captures Shim Eun Seok’s firm resolve to punish those who committed crimes.

kim-hye-soo.jpg

On the other hand, Kim Moo Yeol plays a judge named Cha Tae Joo who overcame the hardships of a poor environment and became a judge after taking the high school qualification exam (the Korean equivalent of a GED). Cha Tae Joo is 180 degrees different from Shim Eun Seok. Unlike her, he is a firm believer in second chances. He believes that people can change for the better if their stories are heard. The photo of Cha Tae Joo reflects his warm, gentle eyes that share a peek at his kind and patient nature.

kim-moo-yeol.jpg

In the next still, Lee Sung Min has transformed into the charismatic Kang Won Joong. He is a chief judge who values customs and principles. He has been a member of the juvenile court for 22 years now, and he is a person who realistically thinks about the boundaries of laws. He often gets into conflict with Shim Eun Seok, who crosses the line as a judge.

Spoiler

lee-sung-min.jpg

Lee Jung Eun showcases chief judge Na Geun Hee’s coldness in the following still. Na Geun Hee has a soft way of speaking, but she has an icy, fierce personality, and she deals with juvenile crimes in a practical and efficient way. She believes speed is the most important, so she has tense confrontations with Shim Eun Seok who persistently digs into cases.

Spoiler

lee-jung-eun.jpg

Writer Kim Min Seok, who wanted to “present various views and opinions toward juvenile offenders through four judges,” makes viewers look at juvenile crimes from diverse perspectives through judges who sharply collide because of their own beliefs.

Kim Hye Soo commented, “Since all of these characters’ beliefs are comprehensible, I looked forward to their harmony. I was very surprised that each judge’s aspect of unity and conflict seemed to be organically well harmonized.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1513279wpp/kim-hye-soo-kim-moo-yeol-lee-sung-min-and-lee-jung-eun-transform-into-very-different-judges-for-upcoming-legal-drama

• Like 2
  • Love 1