Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Joseon Exorcist, 조선구마사 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Kam Woo Sung, Jang Dong Yoon & Park Sung Hoon - Premieres on March 22nd

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for the info @rocher22   This drama give the dark vibe and even the atmosphere in the trailer look dark. Jang Dong Yoon was one of the cast in drama SCHOOL 2017 and both of hi

SBS Drama Joseon Exorcist Network: SBS Genre: Sageuk, Fantasy, Action Episodes: 16 Release Date: March 22nd - May 11th, 2021 Runtime: Mon & Tue Director: Sh

Finally the confirmation is there for the new drama "Joseon Exorcist" which plans to air in March 2021 on SBS.   The drama will be written by Kim Kye Ok who is also writing the upcoming dra

• 2 weeks later...

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And Kam Woo Sung Are Determined To Defeat The Undead In Haunting New Teaser For “Joseon Exorcist”

SBS’s upcoming fantasy action drama “Joseon Exorcist” has released a second thrilling teaser!

“Joseon Exorcist” takes place after the establishment of the Joseon dynasty and is about the undead who come back to life after being killed by the royal family. Jang Dong Yoon stars as Prince Chungnyeong, a bookish young man who is forced into battle to protect Joseon from the evil spirits. Kam Woo Sung stars as King Taejong, a cold-blooded monarch who sets out to control the evil spirits who have taken over the kingdom but secretly harbors a sense of guilt at the bloodshed he participated in to help his father establish the Joseon dynasty. Park Sung Hoon also stars as Prince Yangnyeong, who enters into a dangerous contract with the evil spirits in order to protect his loved ones.

The teaser begins as Prince Kangnyeong (Moon Woo Jin) sends his entourage to see what his hawk discovered in its hunt. However, they are soon attacked by a mysterious being and suffer horrible deaths, sending the kingdom into chaos. Prince Kangnyeong appears chained up in a room made of ice as he is declared undead, and on King Taejong’s orders Prince Chungnyeong sets out to recruit a shaman in order to perform an exorcism on the young prince.

As an army of undead spirits surge forward, one of the captured spirits hisses, “We are the soldiers of Azazel.” As Prince Chungnyeong and Prince Yangnyeong rush into a bloody battle, a voice ominously says, “Prince Kangnyeong must be saved before Prince Chungnyeong in order for this country to belong to His Highness’.” Prince Chungnyeong vows to stop the forces of the undead, but he is coolly warned, “Don’t think that you can stop them. These undead are different.”

Watch the teaser below!

“Joseon Exorcist” premieres on March 22 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454892wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-and-kam-woo-sung-are-determined-to-defeat-the-undead-in-haunting-new-teaser-for-joseon-exorcist

Kim Se Jeong                         - The Uncanny Counter

Kim Jung Hyun & Seol In Ah  - Mr Queen

Ro Woon                                 - She Would Never Know

I'm proud with the casts in School 2017 and their dramas in 2020/2021!:D 

Now Jang Dong Yoon in Joseon Exorcist.

Fighting Jang Dong Yoon!

credit to the owner

• Like 1

Jang Dong Yoon And Kam Woo Sung Stun With Their Powerful Charisma In Upcoming Drama “Joseon Exorcist”

SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Joseon Exorcist” released new stills of Jang Dong Yoon and Kam Woo Sung.

“Joseon Exorcist” takes place after the establishment of the Joseon dynasty and is about the undead who come back to life after being killed by the royal family. Jang Dong Yoon stars as Prince Chungnyeong, a bookish young man who is forced into battle to protect Joseon from the evil spirits. Kam Woo Sung stars as King Taejong, a cold-blooded monarch who sets out to control the evil spirits who have taken over the kingdom but secretly harbors a sense of guilt at the bloodshed he participated in to help his father establish the Joseon dynasty. Park Sung Hoon also stars as Prince Yangnyeong, who enters into a dangerous contract with the evil spirits in order to protect his loved ones.

The newly released stills feature Jang Dong Yoon as Chungnyeong. Chungnyeong’s eyes are deep and resolved. He gazes at something with an unknown sense of anxiety. He becomes involved in a crisis where people are swallowed by evil spirits, and it’s up to him to save his kingdom. He learned about the world through books, but through this dark event, he will be reborn as a true monarch.

Jang Dong Yoon expressed his affection for the drama, saying, “It was interesting that the drama added exorcism to a genre involving creatures. Viewers will be able to enjoy all the epic fun of a historical drama and the charms of a fantasy action drama. Chungnyeong in ‘Joseon Exorcist’ is a person who pursues what’s right. He will deeply think about what is correct and find the right answer.”

The actor made a lot of effort to portray the deep characteristics of Chungnyeong. He commented, “He’s a very attractive character, but he’s difficult to express. I have to express his warm heart, conscientious image, and sad personality rather than superficial action or an extraordinary appearance. I am doing my best to discuss with the director about the parts that are not revealed in the script.”

jang-dong-yoon-3.jpgjang-dong-yoon-2.jpg

Spoiler

jang-dong-yoon-1.jpg

The drama also unveiled new stills of Kam Woo Sung as Taejong.

Taejong exudes a powerful, charismatic aura, and his keen eyes are filled with strength and determination. Even in a battlefield of chaos, he remains unwavering and level-headed. He isn’t afraid to be at the front of the battle, and he fights against evil with his sword and bow and arrow.

Taejong is proud to have helped his father Yi Seong Gye establish the Joseon Dynasty, but deep in his heart, he remains guilty of the bloodshed he committed. His country goes into chaos due to dark evil, and he jumps in to fight for his people. Fans can look forward to his unstoppable advances as he fights to seal the resurrected evil spirit.

Kam Woo Sung shared, “I chose to star in this drama because this is a role that I really wanted to play. In ‘Joseon Exorcist,’ Taejong is a character who risks his life to save Joseon. I felt like I would melt well with the director’s style, approach, and atmosphere. I wanted to work with him as a fan, and I’m having fun filming the drama.”

Spoiler

kam-woo-sung-3.jpgkam-woo-sung-2.jpgkam-woo-sung-1.jpg

“Joseon Exorcist” premieres on March 22 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455060wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kam-woo-sung-stun-with-their-powerful-charisma-in-upcoming-drama-joseon-exorcist

• Like 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Joseon Exorcist, 조선구마사 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Kam Woo Sung, Jang Dong Yoon & Park Sung Hoon - Premieres on March 22nd

The main poster has been released which I find gorgeous! :D This drama will premiere on March 22nd on the Monday/Tuesday timeslot. 

Eu803KXUYAA3uKa?format=jpg&name=medium

Source: Twitter, credit as labeled

• Like 2

Jang Dong Yoon, Park Sung Hoon, And More Prepare For Battle In “Joseon Exorcist” Teasers

New teasers have been released for SBS’s upcoming drama “Joseon Exorcist”!

Set after the establishment of the Joseon dynasty, “Joseon Exorcist” is about the battle with the undead who come back to life after being killed by the royal family. Jang Dong Yoon stars as Prince Chungnyeong, a bookish young man forced to fight to protect Joseon from the evil spirits. Kam Woo Sung stars as Kim Taejong, a cold-blooded monarch to sets out to control the spirits but secretly harbors a sense of guilt at the blood he shed while helping his father establish Joseon. Park Sung Hoon stars as Prince Yangnyeong, who forms a dangerous contract with the spirits to protect his loved ones.

In the first stills of Park Sung Hoon in character, Prince Yangnyeong is vain, self-complacent, and throws his weight around with those who rank lower than him. He also has a temper, brandishing his sword at the neck of someone who displeased him. He is the eldest son of King Taejong and has a natural sense of self-importance, but he knows deep inside that he could lose his father’s favor. He tries to impress his father but always falls short, and ends up starting down a dangerous path of ambition and desperation.

joseon-exorcist-park-sung-hoon.jpg

Park Sung Hoon said, “I had high expectations for this project as it was the first time I’d tried something new like an ‘exorcism fantasy historical drama.’ I was drawn to the character because of how he straddles two positions in order to protect his love. He seems like he’s always sure of himself, but he carries with him a sense of anxiety and uncertainty.”

park-sung-hoon-joseon-exorcist.jpg

SBS also released new stills of Jang Dong Yoon as his character runs into a traveling troupe of entertainers. There is a strange aura of tension as Prince Chungnyeong goes with the troupe in his travels around the kingdom on his father King Taejong’s orders. Prince Chungnyeong’s guards are on high alert and Byeo Ri (Kim Dong Jun) draws a knife and Hye Yoom (Geum Sae Rok) watches in fear, suggesting a major confrontation about to take place. Also in the group are Chang Dae (Lim Ki Hong), Ing Choon (Min Jin Woong), and Boo Teul Yi (Yoon Na Moo).

Spoiler

jang-dong-yoon-joseon-exorcist.jpg

Kim Dong Jun’s character, Byeo Ri, is a societal outcast due to his peasant birth and carries with him a deep sense of loneliness and frustration. In the traveling troupe, he is in charge of physical feats and is therefore skilled at using weapons. Geum Sae Rok’s character, Hye Yoom, is the mascot of the troupe who draws audiences in with her beautiful face. Unlike her delicate looks, she is actually quite plainspoken. Im Ki Hong’s Chang Dae is the leader of the troupe, while Min Jin Woong’s Ing Choon and Yoon Na Moo’s Boo Teul Yi are the performance planners. It is through meeting them that Prince Chungnyeong will encounter the realities of what it means to be a peasant and an outcast in Joseon society.

Spoiler

kim-dong-jun-joseon-exorcist.jpg

geum-sae-rok-joseon-exorcist.jpg

lim-ki-hong-joseon-exorcist.jpg

min-jin-woong-joseon-exorcist.jpg

yoon-na-moo-joseon-exorcist.jpg

“Joseon Exorcist” also unveiled their first poster for the drama, an artistic depiction of the evil spirits that swarm the kingdom of Joseon. There is also an interesting inclusion of Christian priests with crosses, as the drama’s plot revolves around evil spirits from the West shaking up the people of Joseon. The main devil that plagues the kingdom in the drama is said to be “Azazel,” a devil who steals souls through the cultivation of human greed and darkness, who had previously been sealed away by King Taejong before being reborn on Joseon land.

Spoiler

joseon-exorcist1.jpg

“Joseon Exorcist” premieres on March 22 and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456302wpp/jang-dong-yoon-park-sung-hoon-and-more-prepare-for-battle-in-joseon-exorcist-teasers

• Like 1

Lee Yoo Bi Revealed To Have Been Injured On The Set Of “Joseon Exorcist”

Actress Lee Yoo Bi sustained an injury while filming the upcoming SBS drama “Joseon Exorcist.”

On February 26, a source from “Joseon Exorcist” stated, “On February 25, in the middle of filming the drama, actress Lee Yoo Bi hit her knee on part of the set. After a medical examination, she was diagnosed with a ligament injury. We are in discussions with her agency to manage her schedule so that she can focus on recovering and put her health first.”

The actress shared on Instagram Stories, “It’s not my ankle but an injury to the knee cartilage. I have to rest for two weeks, but I will recover quickly and get back to filming. Thank you for worrying about me and cheering me on!”

lee-yoo-bi-1.jpg

Back in December 2020, Jang Dong Yoon experienced a fall on horseback while filming “Joseon Exorcist,” though he sustained no serious injuries.

“Joseon Exorcist” is a fantasy historical drama about evil spirits that take over the kingdom of Joseon soon after its establishment. It stars Kam Woo Sung, Park Sung Hoon, Jang Dong Yoon, Kim Dong Jun, Geum Sae Rok, and more. The drama premieres on March 22 and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456605wpp/lee-yoo-bi-revealed-to-have-been-injured-on-the-set-of-joseon-exorcist

• Like 1
On 2/24/2021 at 11:59 PM, Jillia said:

Jung Hye Sung in sageuk attire for her role.

Wowww! That hanbok is super duper gorgeous!:fullofhearts:

Actually I love when maidens in Korean historical dramas have the just freely long hairstyle like that more than the usual maiden braid hairstyle in Joseon time but they usually have that hairstyle in historical times before Joseon right?

And isn't this drama will be in the Joseon time so why Jung Hye Sung has that kind of hairstyle?:sweatingbullets:

Also anyone know what is her character in this drama? I just know that her name is Moo Hwa.

Is she a high or low status lady?

• Like 1

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon, Kam Woo Sung, And Park Sung Hoon Pose As Charismatic Leaders In New Poster For “Joseon Exorcist”

SBS’s upcoming drama “Joseon Exorcist” released a powerful new poster!

Set after the establishment of the Joseon dynasty, “Joseon Exorcist” is about the battle with the undead who come back to life after being killed by the royal family. Jang Dong Yoon stars as Prince Chungnyeong, a bookish young man forced to fight to protect Joseon from the evil spirits. Kam Woo Sung stars as King Taejong, a cold-blooded monarch who sets out to control the spirits but secretly harbors a sense of guilt at the blood he shed while helping his father establish Joseon. Park Sung Hoon stars as Prince Yangnyeong, who forms a dangerous contract with the spirits to protect his loved ones.

The new poster features the three main leads King Taejong, Prince Chungnyeong, and Prince Yangnyeong with a fierce and cold gaze. The shadows upon their faces raise tension and reflect their hidden fears and desires. The text on the poster reads, “Exorcise Joseon in which evil spirits have awakened,” raising anticipation for the characters’ fight to save Joseon.

Joseon-Exorcist.jpg

The production team shared, “The new attempt at a Korean exorcism sageuk (Korean historical drama) will showcase an interesting story that’s different from others. Fierce action will be added to the bloody battle with the evil spirits, who have absorbed human greed, and stimulate fear among the viewers. Viewers can look forward to the flawless synergy between Kam Woo Sung, Jang Dong Yoon, and Park Sung Hoon, who have perfectly materialized a creative world that has yet to be seen before.”

Furthermore, the new making-of video depicts the actors hard at work for the poster photo shoot. Kam Woo Sung shares, “This is a shoot where I have to portray the numerous concerns, determination, and resolve I have in the drama with one expression.” Nonetheless, Kam Woo Sung’s charismatic gaze allows him to perfectly portray his role as King Taejong.

Jang Dong Yoon also introduces his character. He shares, “I filmed with the concept that Prince Chungnyeong is hopeful and looks upon the danger Joseon is facing with optimism.”

Park Sung Hoon shares, “I tried to portray Prince Yangnyeong, who rages as he opposes the evil spirits that appear in Joseon. I’ve participated in numerous poster photo shoots, but it’s my first time filming while putting tension in my eyes like today. We filmed briefly, but I think I burned a lot of calories.”

Watch the full making-of video below!

“Joseon Exorcist” premieres on March 22 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457255wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-kam-woo-sung-and-park-sung-hoon-pose-as-charismatic-leaders-in-new-poster-for-joseon-exorcist

8 March K-Drama Premieres To Ring In Spring 2021

Several much-anticipated K-dramas are making their grand premieres in March!

Here’s what to look forward to this month:

Joseon Exorcist

joseon-exorcist3.jpg

Cast: Kam Woo Sung, Jang Dong Yoon, Park Sung Hoon, Kim Dong Jun, Jung Hye Sung, Seo Young Hee, Geum Sae Rok, Lee Yoo Bi, etc.

Premiere Date: March 22

Broadcast Details: Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 p.m. KST on SBS

Set after the establishment of the Joseon dynasty, “Joseon Exorcist” is about the battle with the undead who come back to life after being killed by the royal family. Jang Dong Yoon stars as Prince Chungnyeong, a bookish young man forced to fight to protect Joseon from the evil spirits. Kam Woo Sung stars as King Taejong, a cold-blooded monarch, while Park Sung Hoon stars as Prince Yangnyeong, who forms a dangerous contract with the spirits to protect his loved ones.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457272wpp/8-march-k-drama-premieres-to-ring-in-spring-2021