Quantcast

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chingus, it's game time - Guess the drama!     Your trusted blind item writers, @partyon ("I love gossip") and @Lmangla ("Give me the goss") have been busy collecting all the juic

Chingus, it's time to reveal the answers to our blind items!   Thank you for your answers - everyone did well ! It's hard to declare a winner because some people were able to solve more b

hai everyone.. a special thanks to the lovely @partyon @Lmangla  tagged me in this event topic: Guess The K-Dramas.  when is the deadline to submit this answer, okay send it by monday. I'll try

@pompyavi @corey @larus Either we need to organize a "k-drama classics rewatch event" or you guys will have to send us the lists of dramas that you've watched. :joy:

The next set will also include famous dramas -  if you have any suggestions feel free to PM us with some you think could be a good fit for our event. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

@partyon, I think I'd rather watch more drama than suggest dramas to you! Where would be the fun if I am to guess from dramas that I suggested :D. I think that for starters I will try some of the ones from the blind that I haven't watched.

Anyway, thanks a lot again.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

@corey Even I haven't watched all of the dramas on the list - I have watched all but 3 of them . I hear Baker King Kim Tak Goo is pretty good. I am also intrigued about 100 years Inheritance from @Lmangla's blind item. :joy:

If anyone wants to know more about any of the other dramas on the list, do not hesitate to contact me. :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

:heartxoxo:Thank you to our organizers @partyon and @Lmangla for this event! I'm already looking forward for next one! If it's still kdrama related, I'm all in! After all, my k-craze started with kdrama 18 years ago and only into kpop in 2009 and now I'm almost at ajumma age that anything kpop is already hard for me, so I'll stick to kdrama instead.

Have to admit most of my answers for this event were only after the additional hints tho. Gotta admit this was a bit harder if not because all the extra hints :sad1:

Till next time :dontwanna:

• Love 3
  • Wiggle 2

Thank you @partyon for the answers. :smooches3:

I can't believe that I actually get everything correct. I guess effort did paid off in the end. Out of 15, I have watched 9 dramas, dropped 2, and the rest while I do know/heard about it but since I am not really interested with the plot, I did not watch it. But now I am watching 100 Years inheritance since I found it for ONLY the main lead scenes because they look cute together. It is also fun watching Choi Won Young's character because he feels so different compared to his other character I have watched before. 

I can say that the clue for Boys Over Flowers really threw me off. Aren't they schoolmates and not classmates? I was really confused about it but just leave it there since I can't think of another drama. And the usage of word celebrity. It definitely has a really broad meaning that I have to stop thinking that being a celebrity is not exclusive for people in the show business only. Really great wordplay there. :heartxoxo:

Now I am off to catch up on my watching list since I have been distracted with this during the weekend. Thank you again to both @partyon and @Lmangla for the great event. :cheers:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

@partyon Noona, I have watched only 4 of the dramas from this list, but could guess some since they were famous (only 2-3) and the rest well, I had a good partner @Ameera Ali who guessed the others. I will be looking forward to this event happening in Spring as you and @Lmangla are planning it. 

Thank You again for making the weekend more interesting :heartxoxo:

• Like 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, kdramagrandma said:

I can't believe that I actually get everything correct. I guess effort did paid off in the end. Out of 15, I have watched 9 dramas, dropped 2, and the rest while I do know/heard about it but since I am not really interested with the plot, I did not watch it. But now I am watching 100 Years inheritance since I found it for ONLY the main lead scenes because they look cute together. It is also fun watching Choi Won Young's character because he feels so different compared to his other character I have watched before. 

Well done chingu! I was thinking of starting 100 Years Inheritance as well - please let me know how you like it! :kiss_wink:

Which of the dramas have you watched? Which did you drop?

I can say that the clue for Boys Over Flowers really threw me off. Aren't they schoolmates and not classmates? I was really confused about it but just leave it there since I can't think of another drama. And the usage of word celebrity. It definitely has a really broad meaning that I have to stop thinking that being a celebrity is not exclusive for people in the show business only. Really great wordplay there.

Yes, blind items often use the word "celebrity" - it can mean a royal, singer, actor, influencer - you name it.You get used to it when you have read blind gossip for a while. :joy:

With regard to schoolmate vs classmate. We couldn't make it too easy - so we had to throw in some "false" information like a real blind item would have from time to time as well (this is gossip).

Even the KMHM reference to the chaebol wanting to be a rap artist was false, because the chabeol and the FL only bickered by rapping. :joy:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
26 minutes ago, partyon said:

Which of the dramas have you watched? Which did you drop?

I watched Master's Sun, Full House, Kim Sam Soon, Boys Over Flowers, VIP, My Love Come from the Star, Princess Hours, The Last Empress, Kill Me Heal Me. I did re-watched some of these few times since I first watch it just because I want to relive the memories. 

The one I dropped was Secret Garden and Kim Tak Gu. Both time I watch Secret Garden, I dropped it by EP 10. Then I spoiled myself with the iconic Big Bang's parody that I never feel like trying to watch it again. As for Kim Tak Gu, I know that it was the drama that propelled Yoon Shi Yoon's career but I never really feel like watching it. Just recently it was updated on site I frequent that I decided to check it out but unknowingly I stopped binging. There is a lot of currently airing dramas that caught my attention that it was slowly forgotten. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
4 hours ago, partyon said:

Yes, blind items often use the word "celebrity" - it can mean a royal, singer, actor, influencer - you name it.You get used to it when you have read blind gossip for a while. :joy:

With regard to schoolmate vs classmate. We couldn't make it too easy - so we had to throw in some "false" information like a real blind item would have from time to time as well (this is gossip).

Even the KMHM reference to the chaebol wanting to be a rap artist was false, because the chabeol and the FL only bickered by rapping. :joy:

Thank you for the answers ... and yes..  the Aaaaa moment ... I did watch the dramas but couldn't figure it out ha ha.  However, I for one learnt the real meaning of "blind gossip" ...  it's a gossip ... and it's not 100% fact ... 

It was enjoyable though and looking forward to the next event.

• Love 5

@partyon Thank you for hosting this event :fullofhearts:

I was unable to participate in the second set of questions because things got a little hectic for me. 

Thank so much for having tagged me - first time in all my time as a soompi member that I got tagged for an event :highonflowers:.

Kudos to the chigus who guessed, correctly or not :happy2:.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, lexicon said:

@partyon Thank you for hosting this event 

I was unable to participate in the second set of questions because things got a little hectic for me.

Thank so much for having tagged me - first time in all my time as a soompi member that I got tagged for an event 

Kudos to the chigus who guessed, correctly or not .

Awwww.... Thanks @lexicon for participating :dorakiss: Hoping to see you participate in our next event as well!

As my most excellent EO colleague @Lmangla mentioned, please feel free to PM us if you have any ideas for:

1) Events

2) Polls for a drama or kpop thread

We are here to bring you fun and games. :glasses:

• Love 3

@partyon @Lmangla thanks for the tag! I am quite late to the game. And shocked to see that I could only guess (immediately) less than a quarter of the blind items. That’s good, isn’t it? That I am not such a drama junkie after all? :sweatingbullets: :lol:

This game is fun. I wish it could last longer, or even a long term event. Maybe like 5 dramas each week? 

Thank you for all these fun events! :hwaiting:

• Love 3

Dear @ktcjdrama Thanks for your feedback - glad that you enjoyed the event despite being a bit late to the party. :dorakiss: Which of these dramas have you watched?

We will definitely be bringing you another Guess the Drama event in the spring. We will keep it running for a week, so that everyone has a chance to participate. :kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

• Love 3
On 11/25/2020 at 4:04 AM, partyon said:

Which of these dramas have you watched?

I have actually watched more than half of them hahahaa...

Master’s Sun

Full House

Secret Garden

VIP

My Love From Another Star

Goong

The Last Empress

Secret Love

• Awesome 2