Game: Guess the drama

partyon

@joccu AZN TV or International channel was AMAZING and only LEGIT quality English Subs for me.

Good for you for learning. I thought I don't even have computer laptop. Yup those crazy LONG wait times.

I don't have that luxury or memory.

I rather like streaming ergo MYSOJU. I too remember all the episodes (were cut up multiple times) and frustrating. I had AWFUL slow internet speeds. Now we are so spoiled.

OMG I had myspace and even an XANGA account too. Really dating myself I even did Asianavenue back in the day too.

@Lmangla OMG is that the cute baby I LOVED in Emergency Couple?

She is big now but then I ADORED her so much.:heart3:

@kdramagrandma Oh cool! Are you in Malaysia? I loved visiting SEA Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia. (I miss travel!) Yeah I used to do Jdramas 1990's--Long Vacation , With Love etc. helped I roomed with a Japanese person at the time. I tried a Korean drama here and there one episode, I could not get into it. I watched a handful of Taiwanese dramas here and there on VCD . (Did improve my Mandarin listening skills).

I hear you too many of the early Korean dramas I watched with poor subs (english) with bad Mandarin voice overs--I doubt I have the time to go back and rewatch it would be a luxury. LOL. But I get you.

Sunkyungkwan Scandal--I was all about the bromance than the main OTP. I loved that Song Joong Ki and Yoo Ah In got the best bromance award (couple). YESH!  Song Joong Ki's character's hanboks were gorgeous too. :heart4:

I can relate on languages---I speak Cantonese with my parents, studied Spanish , Japanese and Mandarin in school. Korean more from dramas and informal language exchange over the years as it is my lazy hobby. You know you  pick up a lot of listening from all those years of DRAMAS has come in handy. LOL. I help out our local Korean Language Meetup and when we talk about learning Korean (I joke but it is true my Korean got good thanks to Dramas and Variety shows) Korean Americans all can attest to me that it gives me an edge with my Korean. 

Dae Jang Geum is legendary and the BEST. I agree hands down and I love the scenes when they are cooking/making food.  I loved Jang Nara in My Love Patzzi and her drama with Jang Hyuk The Success of a Bright Girl.

(I marathoned My Love Patzzi without any break on VHS tapes and got a headache--note to self---not healthy and I got a whopper of a headache. After that I always space it out and take breaks. Too much of a good thing is NOT good.):crazymad:

Yeah TVB from 1980s mainly what I watched and loved Andy Lau and Mike Mau the most. I watched a smattering here and there past that time. 

My mom got hooked and wanted me to join her in her madness, glad she did. We bond over our love of Korean dramas. But last few years hard for her to find Chinese subs of Korean dramas she stopped.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Nodame said:

@Lmangla OMG is that the cute baby I LOVED in Emergency Couple?

She is big now but then I ADORED her so much.

Actually the baby gif @Lmangla posted looks more like baby Sol from Eulachacha Waikiki. :kiss_wink: She was a cutie pie :heartxoxo:

tumblr_p5xg47sucn1vkz0npo4_500.gifv

Loved the baby from Emergency Couple too ! (Even though I did love oppa more :joy:)

fae9c6b5571f1ad7241666b3499c2699.gif

@partyon Aww Oh ok i knew I liked the baby in Eulachacha Waikiki--- I loved her too there as well!

I just remember thinking I LOVE this baby and couldn't place the drama. Thanks for jogging my memory.

:glee:

I like the actor--but technically not "Oppa" for me. But as a drama fan not regarding real "bio" age then YEAH he is totally OPPA. LOL.

I just remember thinking seeing him in Pasta--hubba hubba.:omg:

As of now , only these i could figure out...And i haven't watched any other replies yet....these are solely my guesses and i may be wrong...

Blind Item 1:

Spoiler

Maybe Master's Sun ...

(But wait his gf was dead)

Blind Item 2:

Spoiler

Full House

Blind Item 3

Spoiler

My Love from the star

Blind Item 7

Spoiler

I haven't watched this drama but only some clips and i know the story..

My guess is Boys Over Flower

Blind Item 8

Spoiler

VIP 

Blind Item 15

Spoiler

Kill Me Heal Me.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:26 PM, kdramagrandma said:

I tried my very best to remember the plot for all the drama I have watched. There were plenty that had similar plot I end up being confused whether my memory is right or not. These are my best guesses for now. I will come back if I remember anything more. Trying my very best not to read any spoilers until I am done.

Thank you @partyon for the additional clues. It definitely help a LOT. :elated:

I have updated some of my guesses on my first post and 4 more items to guess/search for now. But only after I am done with my work. :offtospace:

@partyon Noona, seeing the new clues, I think I know Blind 12, but now I have serious doubts about my answer to Blind 10. 

Adding this answer to my previous ones. @Ameera Ali I think this one could be correct.

Blind 12

Spoiler

The Last Empress

After thinking a lot about it, I think blind 10 could be this drama. Again I have not watched it, but I kind of think it could be because the plot seems similar to this one. @partyon Noona, for now I am adding the answer here, but later on I'll add all my answers in a single post :approves:

Blind 10 

Spoiler

Goong

@confusedheart326

@Sleepy Owl @kdramagrandma @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ I'm liking your guesses! Seems blind item #10 has been especially hard to guess though. :rubchin: That's why I hope the additional clue helped. :kiss_wink:

@Nodame chingu, it doesn't matter if an oppa is "technically" your oppa or not. In the words of Ahn Yoona :joy:

tumblr_oha2pvfbxI1r19l56o1_500.gif

Agree about Choi Jin Hyuk, though. He's one of my favorite oppas. I remember seeing him for the first time in Fated To Love You, and I wasn't at all impressed with him there (mostly because I was so invested in the Jang Nara - Jang Hyuk love line) . I found him handsome, but he was getting in the way of my ship. :joy:

But then he slowly grew on me when I watched him in Emergency Couple and Tunnel. By the time The Last Empress aired, he was on my top 5 oppa list.... :heart3:

@partyon omg I love Ahn Yoona! Thanks for the pic! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ hehehe 

Fated to Love You he was wearing cool suits and his voice! But like you I was invested in the OTP.i never saw Tunnel but agreed he was awesome in Last Empress and Emergency Couple! :glee:

Who are the other Oppas? Lol.

Also thanks for the additional clues. I have to think about it but not going to lie still drawing blanks at initially. More clues for the others as part 2 I had this on the brain 

:wut:

30 minutes ago, Nodame said:

Fated to Love You he was wearing cool suits and his voice! But like you I was invested in the OTP.i never saw Tunnel but agreed he was awesome in Last Empress and Emergency Couple!

Who are the other Oppas? Lol.

lol :D Well Choi Jin Hyuk is our resident Event Organizer oppa :D

Happy Man GIF by Acson Malaysia Oppa! :D

For my personal oppas that are not a part of our EO team, I have (in no particular order):

Short oppa (aka Ji Sung)

Ji Chang Wook

Keanu Reeves - lol :D

Park Hyung Sik or Jo In Sung (can't decide) :D

I am also lately intrigued by:

Mini chili oppa (aka Im Siwan)

Short evil oppa (aka Namgoong Min)

But neither are in top 5.... :D

What about you chingu?

@partyon Can u keep the hints coming? :winkx:

Set 1

Spoiler