Quantcast

Game: Guess the drama

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chingus, it's game time - Guess the drama!     Your trusted blind item writers, @partyon ("I love gossip") and @Lmangla ("Give me the goss") have been busy collecting all the juic

Chingus, it's time to reveal the answers to our blind items!   Thank you for your answers - everyone did well ! It's hard to declare a winner because some people were able to solve more b

hai everyone.. a special thanks to the lovely @partyon @Lmangla  tagged me in this event topic: Guess The K-Dramas.  when is the deadline to submit this answer, okay send it by monday. I'll try

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Blind items: Set 2

Alright, time for the next set of clues and two extra clues for yesterday's blinds.

I am curious about the answers for the first set of items. I am sure I did not watch any drama but I want to be sure.

Set 2, again, I did not watch anything except one drama.

Nr 13

Spoiler

It is Secret. I recently watch the drama because of the rewatch event. If not, I would not have known this item as well. :lol: I remeber when the female protagonist had the dress ripped and everyione saw her scars.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 4

Chingus, you are all doing a FANTASTIC job!

Amazing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

We shall post some bonus clues on a couple of dramas from the second set tomorrow!

It seems especially blind items #10, 11, 12 and 13 are giving y'all headaches....

Re: @Lmangla "Give Me the Goss"

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 5

Out of Set 2, I can only guess #9 and everything else is just too confusing for my brain. :2540_meh:

I guess I did not watch a lot of celebrity and chaebol drama because out of the ones I remembered, I can't register any scenes that fits the clue. Will be back if I remember anything more. Putting my thinking cap back.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@kdramagrandma OMG I feel your pain.

I DEF was drawing many blanks on the second set.

The first set I got a bit MORE than the second set--definitely DREW way more blanks.

I watch a decent amount of dramas but I was thinking HUH?

I have a don't have a LONG memory on story lines either. Gosh I only started watching in 2002 and even then not ALL dramas. Those early days were hard to watch Kdramas --I had to suffer many badly translated from Chinese to English subs on VCDS, try to read Chinese Subs of Kdramas (as only could get my hands on those) etc in those days. 

We did not have NETFLIX, later Dramafever (RIP) and VIKI then.

:headbang:

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Nodame said:

I have a don't have a LONG memory on story lines either. Gosh I only started watching in 2002 and even then not ALL dramas. Those early days were hard to watch Kdramas --I had to suffer many badly translated from Chinese to English subs on VCDS, try to read Chinese Subs of Kdramas (as only could get my hands on those) etc in those days. 

Chingu? ONLY in 2002?  You're probably one of the Soompi members with the longest experience of k-dramas! :wow2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Def feel my head exploding.

Ahhhhhhhh.

Good job @Lmangla and @partyon

I am like DORY, I don't remember after watching dramas the names and all plot points.

I do remember OST songs here and there and certain characters if they made an impact on me.

Sigh. Very difficult this set 2. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Nodame said:

We did not have NETFLIX, later Dramafever (RIP) and VIKI then.

Ohhhh myyyy. I really feel you on this. I can't remember exactly when I started watching but I think my first kdrama was All About Eve as it was playing on the television. I can't really remember about the storyline but I do remember that I like Chae Rim's character and really really hate Kim So Yeon's character that the feeling kinda stuck whenever I watch KSY's other drama even though her character is a total opposite. During those early years, most kdrama airing in my country was dubbed with Mandarin audio and that really weirded me out at first because of the mismatched lips movement. After kdrama started gaining attention, they use original audio but I never watch it on tv anymore because they loveeeeee to cut the episodes to fit in all the ads in between but still keeping only one hour per episode including the ads. I think my first ever illegal streaming site was mysoju. :P

But one thing that was much better then was watching drama subbed by the fansubs because they translate everything with details and even adding tidbit explaining some terms much more specifically. The waiting time for the sub to complete feels worth it now because despite not learning Korean, I can understand the difference in nuance much better and not fully depending on the subtitles to understand the lines. Everything seems so long ago that I am feeling really old now. B)

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Dear @partyon, may you tell us when was the year all these drama aired? The range between the earliest to newest. I need some restriction or I will start listing every single drama I have watched. My masterlist alone got around 3++ dramas and I did not update it since late last year and some of the drama I dropped was not listed. Yes I am korean drama mania but I guess it is given since I pretty much watch only kdrama nowadays. :rip:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng and @Ameera Ali twin, are your eyes still on the prize? You've been awfully quiet today.

What Prize Noona? :loolz:

Thanks for telling me to consider one of the options in my post, I after going through the blinds did get which one was wrong, even I was surprised how I missed it out :joy:.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@kdramagrandma OMG YESH the fan subs were the BEST! I agree the love and care and DETAILS on everything (cultural context, writers, etc) were amazing. When I started watching on Dramafever etc I MISSED those.

I TOO started listing the dramas I watch as well (ok not as accurate as started late since 2009) but WOW.

OMG "Mysoju" was MY LIFELINE too!  HEHEHEHE nice to reminisce with you my friend. Where are you based? I am in Northeast USA.

I TOO Loved "All About Eve" Chae Rim and disliked Kim So Yeon (You love to hate her). Remember all the evil female roles (that period) had dark brown lipstick and had long curly hair.

Adored Dae Jang Geum and Jumong both with my mom. She had to see the filming site of Dae Jang Geum when I took her to her only visit to Korea back in 2010.  We met actor Lee Song Gyun thanks to my dongseng language partner--his bro knew of him as he had a wine bar. We got our photo opp, shook his hand and got his autograph. He was so handsome and polite. My mom was over the moon , so was I. He was fresh off his last drama "Pasta" which we watched.

(My only real star encounter moment in Korea.)

My mom started me on "Autumn Love" and I was in between jobs at that time. I cried buckets.

Then went on to "All In" and other dramas on VHS tapes the earlier ones from my mom. LOL. She got me hooked. I had to visit Boseong due to the drama "Summer Scent". "Nami Island" thanks to "Winter Sonata," etc 

I so DISLIKED the  Kdramas with Chinese  Mandarin voice overs too! (I like my mom went batty as I rather hear the Korean and read subs). But then it was HARD to come by, I had to take what I could get.

I made my first Korean friend from Korea in 2005. She joked that I watched more dramas than her. Then due to her I wanted to learn to speak Korean. I picked up listening Korean over the years (like my Cantonese). I have grown and I can make simple conversational Korean now. (Supposedly I am told I have a good enunciation and pronunciation)  Thanks to her I have visited Korea 6x. :wow1:

I grew up watching TVB  Hong Kong dramas on VHS tapes. So VCD were a step up and not as much space and no need to rewind the tapes after they are done. 

Yes everything WAS so long ago. 

@partyon Wow 10 yrs is not shabby. I just don't have a long memory they all crash and mingle in my mind.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
8 minutes ago, kdramagrandma said:

Dear @partyon, may you tell us when was the year all these drama aired? The range between the earliest to newest. I need some restriction or I will start listing every single drama I have watched. My masterlist alone got around 3++ dramas and I did not update it since late last year and some of the drama I dropped was not listed. Yes I am korean drama mania but I guess it is given since I pretty much watch only kdrama nowadays.

No worries!

The range starts from 2004 -> (this includes both set 1 and set 2)

:letsgo:

@Nodame Thanks chingu. I still sometimes feel like I am a k-drama noob even though I've been watching k-dramas for 10 years. I try to pick up older classics from time to time.

@Sleepy Owl The prize is:

200.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

@joccu OMG torrents. I wanted to learn but I was not tech savvy and did not want to get viruses on my computer.

Plus I did not get my first laptop til late like 2007/2008. So VCDS and VHS tapes for Kdramas, one Asian programming that came on at night for few hours on the International Channel. Does anyone recall?

I watched Jumong and Rooftop Cat and My Name is Kim Sam Soon a few times there.

My sis to this day was MAD I made her watch the one episode a night with me of Jumong M-F (lasted a long time like 81 episodes.

• Love 4
  • Wiggle 1