Quantcast

[Current Drama 2021] Miss Montecristo, 미스 몬테크리스토 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST

23 minutes ago, Abs_ triggered said:

before I jump to his shipping with FL , I need DNA test :joy:

~ he clean up beautifully

We do need DNA test for liking him.:lol:

He seemed like psyco when he fought for nothing in that dance bar. Even now he behaves bit off. Still we are ready to fix him with our future Miss Monte Christo. Why ? Coz both will really act pissed off and crazy at evil FL:joy:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

she can’t stop copying      but she so funny bad influences : hey let’s crush her  Dumb SA :    Please friend Rather than suggesting a violence  , go win your husban

A drunk HR falling into things is more entertaining than her having tantrums. Going forward, to safeguard her man from EJ, she should constantly get drunk,fall down,fake faint and get an IV drip in be

Someone tell me why the thieving father of the thieving SR took the money from the mentally challenged mother? And got away with it.  I hope Miss M will bash that scum first.   The bland un

5 hours ago, brooksmom said:

This two dramas look identical at this point.

:hwaiting2: this forum is fun. I am visiting again.

In Ruby ring, they are two sisters, but the usual one-is-adopted trope. I think it's to cater for nature vs. nurture theory. The most unbelievable thing is that their faces were swapped  after an accident and everyone accepted their swapped identity! One is short with a different voice then the good one, today's FL. The BF married the bad one, he couldn't tell the difference in bed? How ridiculous can it get?

I watched a clip of Miss M last night. Her clothes are ahemm unusual. :lol:. Is this KBS? I think they are using the same wardrobe people as Man in veil for FL. Let's hope her character is more rewarding for her than saying otoke otoke as in MIV. 

But one thing is jarring in the clip. The women and man must be in their late 30s, the jumpy skippy acting as if they are undergraduates are so distracting, especially focusing on their mature faces.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Blob 3

Seems like the korean audience like it.  Monday and Tuesday ratings were strong.

It was a successful night for KBS overall—in an earlier time slot, Lee So Yeon and Choi Yeo Jin‘s new daily drama “Miss Monte-Cristo” premiered to ratings of 14.6 percent. This is higher than the premiere ratings of the previous daily drama in this time slot, “A Man in a Veil” (10.4 percent).

In an earlier time slot, KBS’s new daily drama “Miss Monte-Cristo” also maintained its streak with ratings of 14.5 percent, similar to its premiere.

11 hours ago, brooksmom said:

The ugly sweater collar must be her trade mark. She's wearing the same type of collar but in blue. She dressed the collar with an ornament and a pulled over sweater to match. 

Where do they find these ugly clothes? And they made a big deal about fashion being her passion to dress her like this? The actress wore that big blue collar thing in the New Year greetings video and I thought maybe her character was pregnant but, nah, she just dresses like that! :tounge_xd: All these ugly loose tops with huge collars make her look like a pregnant clown!

5 hours ago, maribella said:

But one thing is jarring in the clip. The women and man must be in their late 30s, the jumpy skippy acting as if they are undergraduates are so distracting, especially focusing on their mature faces.

:lol::lol::lol: I wonder how long the timeskip will be so they can start acting their age. Literally.

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2
2 hours ago, raziela said:

I wonder how long the timeskip will be so they can start acting their age. Literally.

Bruh, Ikr. The too much jumping and skipping. Either way, this is two weeks before she fell from the bridge, so hopefully soon.

Why do I have the feeling that the mother in law will be invovled in this? That hair clip woman will proabbaly borrow money from the loan sharks and Ha Ra will threaten her son to marry her in order to pay the debt. (Unknown Woman, anyone?)

The bubbly personality needs to stop. I'm fine with the "positive and outgoing" personality to show the drastic change later on, but hiring a 30+ actor to jump and skip constantly is not necessary. That's the only downside, so far.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 3
13 hours ago, Abs_ triggered said:

before I jump to his shipping with FL , I need DNA test :joy:

~ he clean up beautifully 

yes, please, we don't need another poor mr. kimbap abs situation -- "you are my sister now? :dissapointed_relieved: waeeeee? "

kdrama lesson -- ask questions about family tree before you date, make sure your parent doesn't have extra love child out there or yes, get a DNA test. :P

16 minutes ago, Secretz said:

The bubbly personality needs to stop. I'm fine with the "positive and outgoing" personality to show the drastic change later on, but hiring a 30+ actor to jump and skip constantly is not necessary. That's the only downside, so far.

maybe she is spokesperson for zumba type exercise class? ^_^

dance video GIF

• LOL 9
First episode left a good impression on me. We were given a glimpse on what will happen between these three friends. These three friends we’re supposed to be best friends but in truth two of them were jealous of the third friend. Go Eun Zho was smart, kind and a great friend. Oh HaRa was rich , spoiled , a child of concubine ( second marriage) which Korean society frown upon. She was bullied and had Se Rin spy on Eun Zho. SeRin chose to be her servant. I don’t know what Se Rin lwishes to be but she chose to steal her good friends design and claim as her own because she lack the talent. 
I know a lot of you frown upon EZ’s fashion state but I think we all got it wrong.. she became lady something because she can sell anything. Her job was to sell products online and as the actress she is also showcasing the real fashion designers clothes so it can be bought in real life ( this what I assume for the bad fashion clothes  lol) 

I. Episode 2 we saw her design and they were SO GOOD!! We need to always remember in every drama I have watched FL’s wardrobe is always shabby especially when they aren’t rich. Even though they aren’t poor , people still take advantage of them because they are just to nice. I can already spot who the trouble makers are. FL’s fiancé mother, she has no class and is very disrespectful. Always wanting a hand out . She feels the need to ask for stuff when it doesn’t even belong to her. 
It seems mom suspect her friend died by the hand of her other friend but has kept quiet about. OH’s mom seems to be ready to kill her if she ever mention this suspicion ever again. I really hope I am just reading too much in the story already. 

One thing I hate is why why did they even mention wolves only mating once in the lifetime and that is why she designed Wolf butting because FL want her husband to only love one person for life. I wonder is this butting important or is it a red herring. While FL was trying to sow it on the vest it fell to the ground as soon OH’s kissed her fiancé.
  • Like 11
  • Blob 2
14 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

That boyfriend of hers just opened Pandora's box when he agreed to meet her bestie friend.

Too true - I'm sure that Wolf button wasn't the only button hitting the floor the way she threw him up against the wall - Preview has the obligatory "did anything happen?" question - Didn't think we'd be into this kinda fun til the later episodes  :lol:

5 hours ago, raziela said:

Where do they find these ugly clothes? And they made a big deal about fashion being her passion to dress her like this? The actress wore that big blue collar thing in the New Year greetings video and I thought maybe her character was pregnant but, nah, she just dresses like that! :tounge_xd: All these ugly loose tops with huge collars make her look like a pregnant clown!

I think they're exaggerating the point now to emphasize the transformation when she returns, sharp and sophisticated - the original Montecristo, Edmond, was young naive and pretty much ignorant in the ways of the world - When he returned, he was a completely different man. 

5 hours ago, raziela said:

I wonder how long the timeskip will be so they can start acting their age. Literally.

The poster for the fashion competition read 2016, so if they're keeping it in the present we're looking at a 5 year jump

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

It seems mom suspect her friend died by the hand of her other friend but has kept quiet about. OH’s mom seems to be ready to kill her if she ever mention this suspicion ever again. I really hope I am just reading too much in the story already. 

I don't think you're reading into it at all - It looks like they're telegraphing Ha-ra's Mom is just as evil as her daughter

I wouldn't worry about the grooms Mom though, anyone that can wear a purple jacket that looks like a bathrobe, and rock a single hairclip at the 12 o'clock is probably unkillable - The Fashion gods love those who taunt them! :lol:

I was surprised that Eun-zo's Dad seems to be on the way out in the previews. In the original Edmonds father dies but I didn't think they'd start the dying this early ...

FUN! :blush:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3
12 hours ago, Secretz said:

Bruh, Ikr. The too much jumping and skipping. Either way, this is two weeks before she fell from the bridge, so hopefully soon.

Right? 25 year olds don't even behave like that which makes it even more ridiculous

8 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I think they're exaggerating the point now to emphasize the transformation when she returns, sharp and sophisticated - the original Montecristo, Edmond, was young naive and pretty much ignorant in the ways of the world - When he returned, he was a completely different man. 

The poster for the fashion competition read 2016, so if they're keeping it in the present we're looking at a 5 year jump

I think your right about exaggerating the bumpkin style to emphasise the style transformation you...but the poor eyes of the viewers in the meantime  :surprisedwut:

Only away for 5 years so she will only be 30?!  I was expecting longer.  Like, at least 10 years!  In the original The Count reappears after about 20 years. 

8 hours ago, Abs_ triggered said:

The lead woman is 25 years :joy:

I wonder why they hired all these actors in their late 30s and 40s actors to play characters in their mid-20s and early 30s.  I thought they are going to age them up after the time skip in line with their real ages but I guess not.

King Tong-jo cast. Iyan

male. 40 years old. Hwang Jina's secretary

He has mastered various martial arts, including Chinese martial arts, kendo, judo, and jiu-jitsu.
An elite capable of 3 languages including Chinese, English and Korean.
When her mother, who was seriously ill, was at the crossroads of life and death, Hwang Ji-na helped her.
In order to repay her grace, she is loyal to Hwang Jina and helps Ga-Hun's revenge.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/missmonte/pc/detail.html?smenu=e126f2

I am looking at the KBS drama home page and I guess this character will be to Eun Jo what Haydee is to the Count: helper, key to revenge plans, multi-lingual, gratefully devoted to her.  But will he be an eventual lover or will she end up back with spineless-boring-oppa or with anger management problems-fighting at the club oppa?

I don't know if this is a spoiler as it is on the character description page on KBS website but I will put in spoiler bar anyway:

Spoiler

Eun jo is pregnant when she "dies"

Hara and Sun Hyuk have a five year old son after the timeskip  

Hmmm....

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1
8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

One thing I hate is why why did they even mention wolves only mating once in the lifetime and that is why she designed Wolf butting because FL want her husband to only love one person for life. I wonder is this butting important or is it a red herring. While FL was trying to sow it on the vest it fell to the ground as soon OH’s kissed her fiancé.

am reminded of the movie 'alpha' - has anyone seen it? saw it randomly on TV and it was so cool! wish I had checked it out in theatre. so the movie is basically about a boy and a wolf.

to answer your question @UnniSarah, the wolf in this case is definitely not universal oppa. he is way too bland. ofcourse, wolves are really loyal -- basically they are very closely related to dogs and so you can train wolves. however, there is always a wild, forest factor with them. they are independent. thats why movies set in the wild often show wolf-dog breeds that have a mix of these characteristics. disco oppa is the wolf in this drama. eun joo obviously values loyalty but by choosing wolf, it also means that there is a kind of hidden unpredictability/wildness to her character. wolves also tend to hunt as a team - so we might see that in this drama -- where both do stuff together or separately. none of this passive "otoke" and standing in the shadows!

while watching ep 2, I felt that hara's attraction to universal oppa seon hyuk isn't just in her head. I feel that he probably felt the same way about her but she was rich. so he pragmatically never pursued it. so when he is with chairman, he swells with pride when he is praised and then his face falls when chairman says that he wishes his son was more like seon hyuk. immediately, he is brought down to earth and he knows that he is not the heir and he is always going to be just the employee. when eun joo excitedly tells the story of how they are getting married, there is a distinct lack of real passion from him. why is he getting married? because it is convenient. he is leaving to US and he wants a companion. so I can see him betraying eun joo and going for hara because deep down, hara was his 1st choice. eun joo was just someone he settled for.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5
  • Blob 1
24 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

while watching ep 2, I felt that hara's attraction to universal oppa seon hyuk isn't just in her head. I feel that he probably felt the same way about her but she was rich. so he pragmatically never pursued it. so when he is with chairman, he swells with pride when he is praised and then his face falls when chairman says that he wishes his son was more like seon hyuk. immediately, he is brought down to earth and he knows that he is not the heir and he is always going to be just the employee. when eun joo excitedly tells the story of how they are getting married, there is a distinct lack of real passion from him. why is he getting married? because it is convenient. he is leaving to US and he wants a companion. so I can see him betraying eun joo and going for hara because deep down, hara was his 1st choice. eun joo was just someone he settled for.

Oooh!  i do hope they do go this route.  I hate how they always try to blame the evil, jealous second lead female for seducing these men as if these stupid men are just poor victims with no agency of their own.  Would love it if he was also seduced by the $$$ in his eyes and his own greed and desire too.  That will make Eun jo's hate even stronger and revenge on them both even better:relieved:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

what a genius, he asking help to do best / happiest proposal from the woman who nearly make him unconscious with her kissing ability  ( I mean ability hitting him in wall :joy: ) 

4li3jvb.gif
~ few hours

VsdX9n6.gif

me ::w00t:

Forget It Starz GIF by Power

• LOL 12
  • Insightful 1