Shen Yu Xi
He Yong Sheng
Paul Chun
Yang Yu Ting
Jiang Hong Bo
Shen Sheng Nan
Zhang Rui

Synopsis:

Botanist, Fu Yun Shen and Medic, Zhu Jiu went to underdeveloped areas for humanitarian relief and searched for a medicinal plant. They went through many obstacles and found medicinal plants that could make special medicines as they wish. Fu Yun Shen returned to China to develop medicines and discovered that his half-brother Fu Xi Zhou had made medicinal plants into a series of Chinese herbal cosmetics for economic benefit. Yun Shen started a struggle with Fu Xi Zhou. A car accident suddenly came, and the development of the special medicine was interrupted. Fu Yun was seriously injured. Zhu Jiu, who did not know the truth, misunderstood Fu Yun Shen. After half a year, Zhu Jiu and Fu Yun Shen came together again after experiencing disappointment, entanglement and worry. Seeing that their marriage is approaching, Zhu Ji accidentally obtains clues to the truth about the cause of his parents' death, and his fate has changed. In order to restore Zhu Jiu's feelings, Fu Yun Shen took practical actions to protect this hard-won relationship. In the end, the contest between the brothers came to an end. Fu Yun Shen and Fu Xi Zhou shed their suspicions and went around. Fu Yun Shen and Zhu Jiu always adhered to their original aspirations. This is not only the kindness of life, but also the faith of love.

(Source: Baidu) 

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!! not again!!!!!! the same leads!!! For gods sake, can the agency be a little lineant towards CY and pair him with other talented female artists, please????? I feel so sad for CY.  

Spoiler

Has CY signed a slave contract with his  agency Hanrui?  Why he has to be affiliated with that doomed agency?  If he keeps on pairing up with the same FL, the viewers are really going to get bored and his talent is going to be wasted.  I think this agency must be one of the worst in CCP.  Usually do the artists are treated bad like this?  I see so many flourished artist in this agency.  This is the updated list (as on July 2020) of signed artists under H&R Century Pictures (Huanrui), agency of Yang Zi, Qin Junjie, Ren Jialun, Zhang Yuxi, Cheng Yi, & more, shows that Xuan Lu has recently signed with the company (her currently filming drama 梦醒长安 is a Huanrui production)But how come CY is treated like a junior artist who has just signed in like a rookie.  Is crystal still under this agency too?  Anybody knows?  They treated him like a trash and gave him standing instructions to behave badly towards the female artist in a public event.  Waaah!!! what a bu**sh** agency is this?  

Really i feel sorry for CY and other future junior artist who are going to sign with this agency.   I think he have a helluva patience and tolerance to continue with H&R.  

Anyhow this seems to be a modern romance with ZYX.  So, will give a try.  CY - Jaiyou!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Long Trailer for South Wind Knows My Mood with Cheng Yi and Zhang Yu Xi

Adapted from the novel written by Qi Wei, South Wind Knows My Mood (南风知我意) stars Cheng Yi and Zhang Yu Xi. He is a botanist and she’s a medic, and both join a humanitarian relief effort in search of a special medicinal plant. After many obstacles, they found the plant they needed to create a special medicine. Our male lead returns back home, just to find his half-brother’s plan for turning the medicinal plant into cosmetics for monetary gains. He opposes his brother but a mysterious accident happens at the lab which postpones the production of the medicine and also injures our male lead. Our female lead is in the dark about the whole thing and misunderstands him. Half a year later, after our love birds have experienced disappointment, confusion, and worry, they come back together. As the day of their wedding approaches, our girl discovers alarming clues about her parents’ deaths. Hatred from the previous generation once again challenges their foundation of trust and forgiveness. Our hero does not give up, he fights hard to protect her and uphold their feelings. Finally, the competition between the brothers comes to an end and our leads remain steadfast to each other.

Stills:

Cheng Yi after the accident. Dude, must you suffer in both ancient and modern dramas? :tounge_wink::joy:

9GJy4QJ.jpg

WW1vrkY.jpg

VK5ovjw.jpg

Spoiler

AdrwJB7.jpg

RpVJLcE.jpg

ByJRDeQ.jpg

V4Aio83.jpg

1zdUJRb.jpg

Fu Xin Bo as the brother.

T1MALqS.jpg

Trailer:

cr: as tagged

CR:https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2021/01/long-trailer-for-south-wind-knows-my-mood-with-cheng-yi-and-zhang-yu-xi.html

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 1:56 AM, Jing Wang said:

I like the main leads. But can't help to think he is dating his sister in law here. Still to absorbed into Love and Redemption!

Hahahah! I know right? When actors and actresses are from the same agency, there tends to be reshuffling when they are cast and they end up either OTP, siblings or enemies. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leo2020 said:

yeee, and in addition his "sister-in-law" and "wife" will date "brother Hao Chen"  in two other dramas :tounge_wink:

Hahahaha!

It's a good thing this has not started yet.

It will give me enough time to disconnect from previous dramas and their reshuffled actors. 

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Hahahaha!

It's a good thing this has not started yet.

It will give me enough time to disconnect from previous dramas and their reshuffled actors. 

Totally agree. I suppose it's the same as with TMOPB and The Pillow Book - the time gap gave us enough time to leave the Pillow Book lead's TMOPB story behind.

• Like 1

In my country (Philippines), there are specific TV stations that have their own group of actors and actresses.

"Love teams" are formed with the most favorable chemistry and responses from fans. 

In many cases, these love teams go from reel to real because they are usually cast together in many tv dramas and movies. There are also some that end in disappointment (for the fans of the loveteam) because one or both their idols will be eventually found with another girlfriend or boyfriend. 

I guess in China, this is not the case. I think it is also more advantageous for an actress or actor to be able to act with a wider selection of costars compared to being stuck with just one "love team". 

@leo2020 

• Like 1

As I ever heard their company prefer to using their own actor and actress, so that's high possibility they can be reunion in more than one project

Lucky this drama will be airing on Youku. We can watch it on YouTube and join membership. I just joint this month and so far Youku dramas are good enough

• 2 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] South Wind Knows My Mood 南风知我意
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] South Wind Knows My Mood 南风知我意
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] South Wind Knows My Mood 南风知我意 starring Cheng Yi & Zhang Yu Xi
  • 3 weeks later...