Quantcast

[Current Drama 2021] Be A Meal/A Good Supper, 밥이 되어라 - Mon to Fri @ 7:10 KST

34 minutes ago, Estelle said:

I don't think she was angry, she knows that he's dating a girl in his major as YS told her. YS told her before to still treat him like when they were in high school because he will come again at the Diner. DJ didn't give herself the time to heal from the "break up". All the feelings of hurt from the "break up" resurfaced when she met JH. She was still uncomfortable speaking to him. He can treat her like the way he used to, while she still feel awkward around him.

Spoiler

The sad thing about it all is that, based on the preview at least, the whole misunderstanding that happened will make her snap and lash out in the worst way. The fact that the SJ apparently provoked her didn’t help, either.

DJ is going to the sister-in-law, and says she wants to be completely separated from YS (perhaps she feels like she’s been forever under YS’s shadow or something... in her thoughts, that is. YS never thought that). 
It’s a friendship of more than ten years, so to see it fall apart so easily does make me sad. It’s like DJ never knew YS at all. Then again, if we’re going to be honest, not a lot of people really know YS and her thoughts fully, like it’s been previously pointed out.

Under spoiler tag because I mentioned some of tomorrow’s episode preview re: DJ by passing

Edited by bluesappir
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am so done with this drama.  The 2 main characters could not be any more idiotic and gullible.  I don't know anyone who would have been manipulated like thy have been by that evil woman.  I check th

To be honest, I'm getting fed up with YS acting like a doormat to DJ. I wished they never showed how nice she was to YS when she was a kid. How could someone change so much? DJ is now acting like a mo

Okay I hope nothing happens to Oh Bok.   OMG wow DJ is just to much now wow.

11 minutes ago, bluesappir said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The sad thing about it all is that, based on the preview at least, the whole misunderstanding that happened will make her snap and lash out in the worst way. The fact that the SJ apparently provoked her didn’t help, either.

DJ is going to the sister-in-law, and says she wants to be completely separated from YS (perhaps she feels like she’s been forever under YS’s shadow or something... in her thoughts, that is. YS never thought that). 
It’s a friendship of more than ten years, so to see it fall apart so easily does make me sad. It’s like DJ never knew YS at all. Then again, if we’re going to be honest, not a lot of people really know YS and her thoughts fully, like it’s been previously pointed out.

Under spoiler tag because I mentioned some of tomorrow’s episode preview re: DJ by passing

sister in law? DJ? i don't  understand, please explain

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

sister in law? DJ? i don't  understand, please explain

Apologies... it’s my habit of abbreviating, I guess ^^; 

By sister-in-law, I meant general manager Seo, who’s Sook-Jung’s sister-in-law and Jun-Young’s mom. The other evil lady.

DJ is Da-Jung.

• Like 1

I have been enjoying this drama so far.  Not sure if I am the only one but I have a soft spot for DJ. I loved the way she befriended and protected YS when they were young and the fact that she did not get jealous even though her parents doted on YS. YS is really lucky to have her as a friend. She will realize later that JH and her were never compatible and thank her

lucky stars that they didn’t end up together.  Sorry, I really can’t like JH and YS may be the female lead, but I am not really that fond of her. I hope that DJ remains a likable character throughout this drama. I am rooting for her! 

Edited by seagull88
Typo
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, bluesappir said:
  Hide contents

Thanks! I thought it was about episode 35 ^^ DJ is so disappointing as a "friend". Just an episode ago, she said to YS that she felt sorry for YS because YS had to let go of JH because of her, and now she behaves like that, not believing YS at the end of episode 36, and saying YS is two-faced in the preview. Unbelievable... <_<

In the preview, the witch asks YS if she likes KS. I wonder if they are going in this direction.

Edited by Estelle
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Estelle said:

In the preview, the witch asks YS if she likes KS. I wonder if they are going in this direction.

I really hope they don't go in this direction. If they wanted to make them a couple they should've stopped the flashbacks with the kids. The age difference doesn't bother me, its the fact that he raised her since she was 8 years old. Even though they're not blood related, he has basically been a parent to her. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Estelle said:

Personal preferences aside, I seriously thought that the writer was mostly teasing with the hints that they seemed to be throwing about those two. Enough to feel like teasing to please who likes the idea, but safe enough to not be taken too far, for the sake of people who don’t. So to see it be spoken out loud actually surprised me. I didn’t expect them to actually go there.

Though again, this was the evil lady speaking, so who knows what the writer is trying to get at. It could be something along the lines of evil lady thinking that way because she doesn’t fully understand them. Or, because she’s looking to exploit their weaknesses, it was easy for her to spot something that not even the two of them had realized up to that point.

All speculation on my side, of course. It was just the preview, after all.

Edited by bluesappir
  • Like 2

So I've been thinking about the direction of this show.

I think YS is the chairmans actual daughter (from his first wife) and by adopting her into the family, the writer is paving the way to distance her from KS and set them up as a couple. All this time they've been platonic as guardian/adoptee but with this new distance, it'll give them time to explore their feelings. Then the show will turn into KS being first lead (her comfort zone but forbidden romance) vs JH as the second lead (who she can like but at the same time won't cause of DJ's hissy fits). 

The character chart that was released says YS-KS have a "동생처럼 길러옴" which means raised like a sibling. The writer has always kept that boundary for them, she's never considered him as a parent and he's never seen her as his child. Also, people around them keep saying that they would do anything for each other. That doesn't sound so platonic to me...sounds like the writer is setting them up.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
22 hours ago, bluesappir said:
  Hide contents

Yup. Decades of friendship just thrown into the toilet because of how short tempered and childish DJ is. YS is really trying her best and even willingly chose her friendship with DJ over a life with JH whom she really liked. DJ doesn’t even bat an eye and is entitled to everything her friend does. I wonder what the writer is even thinking by including cuts of their childhood of DJ being nice to YS if it isn’t to spite or make irony of the situation. DJ’s character is overbearing and just frustrating to watch unfold. They literally made her the most one dimensional character where there’s solely one thing in her mind and nothing else: JH as if it’s realistic at all that one would only think about a boy and literally nothing else?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Emily Bett R said:

The character chart that was released says YS-KS have a "동생처럼 길러옴" which means raised like a sibling. The writer has always kept that boundary for them, she's never considered him as a parent and he's never seen her as his child. Also, people around them keep saying that they would do anything for each other. That doesn't sound so platonic to me...sounds like the writer is setting them up.

That is how I saw it to. He kinda treated her like a roommate, not child to love and care for .

• Like 2

Incestuous if they go that route. However, I don't go by character charts on daily dramas; they are highly inaccurate. I don't see anything between them and by the very definition of family is having each others back. The writer may be looking for audience reaction to see how far she can tease it out, but their Korean audience will not tolerate it and neither will I. This is NOT memoirs of a Geisha! That is disgusting on every level blood or not!

DJ and YS are both irritating. DJ because everyone sacrifices to protect her heart while she has no problem stepping on YS. YS for her noble idiocy, unduly martyrdom, and repeating empty threats without the ability to follow through. DJ will be her greatest enemy and she will forever katow thinking she is NOT good enough.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
24 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

Incestuous if they go that route. However, I don't go by character charts on daily dramas; they are highly inaccurate. I don't see anything between them and by the very definition of family is having each others back. The writer may be looking for audience reaction to see how far she can tease it out, but their Korean audience will not tolerate it and neither will I. This is NOT memoirs of a Geisha! That is disgusting on every level blood or not!

DJ and YS are both irritating. DJ because everyone sacrifices to protect her heart while she has no problem stepping on YS. YS for her noble idiocy, unduly martyrdom, and repeating empty threats without the ability to follow through. DJ will be her greatest enemy and she will forever katow thinking she is NOT good enough.

I agree with all of this! It seems like a cycle of YS giving up things because of the people she cares about. At some point I'm going to need to see YS go after what she wants and not just cave to DJ moods/tantrums. I think I'm going to stop watching for a bit, just to make sure they are not going to YS-KS route. If they do I wont' bother picking it up again. I do not think I would be able to watch it and not think its creepy. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I agree with you about it being incestuous. Definitely disagree if that’s the route this drama goes. I thought this was a family drama. I hope that doesn’t change. If it does, I will drop it even though Jae Hee is one of my favorite actors. Very disappointed with this episode.

• Like 1

Just peeking in to see if YS is still the noble idiot. Yes, she still is. :rage:

And maybe  KS - YS too ... gross. He took care of her for 12 years and they are still under the same roof... just them. Out of here. :elated:

• Like 1

At this point I wouldn’t mind if YS got back with JH if not just to spite DJ. She’s literally a doormat to DJ and she needs to give DJ the bird like screw you if you expect me to crawl back to your highness. 

I honestly might sound controversial for saying this but I have mixed feelings about the GS-YS love storyline because I think the writers didn't execute the buildup to it properly. Up to now, I'm still struggling to imagine any romantic/sexual tension between them and tbh I feel the same about her and JH; I don't see the chemistry yet. They should've stopped showing us too many flashbacks of YS's childhood earlier on. GY's character was also made to seem very mature even by his own age's standards, so now it's hard not to see him as an older brother figure. Also, I wish the age range wasn't so big so it would be easier to mentally grasp. The problem is that I prefer GS as the main lead than JH because I haven't seen any real depth to JH and for the most part, he's been selfish in his love for YS...the relationship is a lot of give on YS' part and no take. Everything he does is focused on being a part of YS' life because she provides him comfort and cares for him, so far I haven't seen him really do anything for her in terms of sacrifice, although he DID say he wouldn't go to med school and be the breadwinner if they ran off together. In contrast, GS' been sacrificing for her, whether that's out of romantic love or familial love is still not clear, however he's currently the male character most in tune with her needs and the one she confides in more...JH sees her as a confidant but I've never seen her completely open what's in her heart to him. I do think that it's fine if YS and GS eventually get together later on once they've established distance from each-other because he's 1) not blood-related 2) she's never referred to him as brother/adoptive father or anything like that 3) they lived under the same roof but lived like roommates, there were a lot of times when GS treated her with maturity than treating her as a kid, she bathed herself and took care of her personal needs on her own or through DJ's mom as far as we can see to draw that line between man and woman. I think I'm just gonna need a solid 40 more episodes to be more comfortable about the idea of those two becoming each other's romantic interest. 

On another note, DJ is getting on my nerves. I used to think the friendship between YS-DJ was beautiful but I'm starting to think DJ has so much pride to the point that a man will be enough to throw away her equally meaningful relationship with YS. She also gives me the vibe that she's always seen YS as somehow beneath her, kind of like a charity case rather than a true friend. I'm also kind of tired of everyone enabling her and throwing a pity party for her, she was the most coddled and protected from life's harsh realities compared to the rest of the group and they did her a disservice by not being straightforward about their thoughts and feelings from the jump. I think there's gonna be a lot of her backstabbing YS before she realizes her mistake. I think until she learns this, their friendship circle isn't gonna experience growth and be genuine. 

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 2