Quantcast

[Current Drama 2021] Be A Meal/A Good Supper, 밥이 되어라 - Mon to Fri @ 7:10 KST

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greetings.   Haven't seen today's episode with subtitles but even so this drama does a good job of portraying love in all it's forms:  soul enriching love, soul destroying love, sacrificial love, self

I am so done with this drama.  The 2 main characters could not be any more idiotic and gullible.  I don't know anyone who would have been manipulated like thy have been by that evil woman.  I check th

MBC DRAMA Be a Meal Network: MBC Episodes: 120 Genre: Daily Drama, Romance Airdate: January 11th - June 25th, 2021 Airtime: Mon to Fri @ 7:20 KST Director: Bae

Spoiler

I saw it very briefly because RL is insane at the moment.

But from the little I caught, I was like "Go, Mr. Kang!!" when he began suspecting there was something strange about YS's dish not being picked over his wife's haesintang. He's not in the position of chairman for no reason. Did they really think they'd deceive him until the end? Eventually lies like that are bound to catch up. Especially when it involves constant feedback pouring in...

(And frankly, speaking as a Korean myself, haesintang definitely doesn't feel like a menu that I'd choose for lunchtime. It's far more of a special occasion dish, not a casual lunch. YS's dish was much closer to something Koreans wouldn't mind having more often when they eat lunch during their break. Both taste and budget-wise)

SJ is completely cornered at the moment and apparently wants to compromise with YS. She's even offering to ask Kyung-Soo for forgiveness, since that's what YS has been after all along. But knowing SJ as we know now, can we really trust that? I'm not even sure if KS would accept empty words, in the first place. Because we know her words will be just that. Empty. Meaningless. KS deserves better than that. 

Also, JH's mom showed up. She's sick, and I can't find in myself to sympathize with her. In a way, she was the root of all the pain that tore apart her own family, and her husband and her son are still recovering from all that, barely so. So what does she want to do? Being ill doesn't mean that her sins are forgotten, that all the hurt she has caused is simply willed away. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bluesappir said:

Also, JH's mom showed up. She's sick, and I can't find in myself to sympathize with her. In a way, she was the root of all the pain that tore apart her own family, and her husband and her son are still recovering from all that, barely so. So what does she want to do? Being ill doesn't mean that her sins are forgotten, that all the hurt she has caused is simply willed away. 

Maybe she fell in love with someone else. I am not sure how much in love one has to be to leave her son but things happen, people get married hoping for happy days but sometimes things don't work out.

I think the father was selfish. He dragged the son away to live in poverty and wouldn't let him go to his mum. For 12 years, he wallowed in misery because his wife left him. He had a son whom he needed to support at least in the style, he was used to.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, maribella said:

Maybe she fell in love with someone else. I am not sure how much in love one has to be to leave her son but things happen, people get married hoping for happy days but sometimes things don't work out.

I think the father was selfish. He dragged the son away to live in poverty and wouldn't let him go to his mum. For 12 years, he wallowed in misery because his wife left him. He had a son whom he needed to support at least in the style, he was used to.

@backstreetboysfan  @maribella  I disagree, but he wife is selfish. If she didn’t want to married anymore. She could have left her husband. Keep her dignity and fight for her child. 
Instead the husband had a to raise his son especially when he is still in with her betrayal. I believe the husband didn’t want to burden the wife raising her kid with that man. Her new husband or lover might not be happy having to support her and her child.  
I see none of you really observed her. She supposedly married a man with money but look at her shabby clothes. I don’t think the relationship last and it took her to be dying to finally coming to visit.  Proof of missing ones child is to come visit, take to court and find other ways to see her kid. None of that happen so to me, I especially don’t like her. 

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@backstreetboysfan  @maribella  I disagree, but he wife is selfish. If she didn’t want to married anymore. She could have left her husband. Keep her dignity and fight for her child. 
Instead the husband had a to raise his son especially when he is still in with her betrayal. I believe the husband didn’t want to burden the wife raising her kid with that man. Her new husband or lover might not be happy having to support her and her child.  
I see none of you really observed her. She supposedly married a man with money but look at her shabby clothes. I don’t think the relationship last and it took her to be dying to finally coming to visit.  Proof of missing ones child is to come visit, take to court and find other ways to see her kid. None of that happen so to me, I especially don’t like her. 

I went back and re-watch but of it. Okay yeah this is true. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

In any relationship love can blossom more , whither or no more sparkle .  It can go either way but it is up to couple how to end it or how to make it last. But once someone  cheat and betray their partner than they are just wrong. 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

In any relationship love can blossom more , whither or no more sparkle .  It can go either way but it is up to couple how to end it or how to make it last. But once someone  cheat and betray their partner than they are just wrong. 

That’s why I couldn’t sympathize with her. It’s not about the falling in love, but the fact that she had cheated on her husband. Cheating is still cheating at the end of the day.

I do feel for this situation, though... It will likely devastate JH once he finds out. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
56 minutes ago, bluesappir said:

That’s why I couldn’t sympathize with her. It’s not about the falling in love, but the fact that she had cheated on her husband. Cheating is still cheating at the end of the day.

I do feel for this situation, though... It will likely devastate JH once he finds out. 

It certainly will devastate him and make him angry again. He might actually take it out in his father when it isn’t his fault at all.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

From the scene when JH dropped out of med school, there was a flashback, he told his father to take him to his mother because the father dragged him to the country right after she said she was going to take him. She went to the village to see him but he hid and watched her from afar.  she should have fought for him? Children suffer more in court cases than the parents.

JH said the mother's husband paid for his tuition fees, so he was not happy.

@bluesappir @UnniSarah

I can't comment on her cheating on the husband because they had already divorced when started watching. 
I know many divorced couples who had split when the children were in preschool, a few had elementary school kids and a few had childran ranging from 5- 18, one even divorced after retiring 40 odd years of marriage.  So it's not something within their control and many subjugated their ego and anger for the children's sake.

I am sure it was her fault but the father quitting his job, moving to the country to work odd jobs when he had a son to provide? That was very selfish and he owed it to his son to bite the bullet and at least provide him a decent life until he goes to university. The father graduated from a very good engineering school.

• Like 5

@maribella To be fair she didn’t want to leave her son behind and wanted him to come live with her but the husband wouldn’t have any of that. It was one of the sore points that Young Jae had with his dad. Also if she had no feelings for him she wouldn’t try and meet with him secretly or give him gifts. If she was truly happy in her marriage she would have moved on ages ago and only come now. Have to say that new family of hers is quite generous towards her since they don’t have that much of an issue to let her keep intouch with not only her son but are also helping with his education at this point. As for the father being selfish is kind of debatable at this point. Perhaps he thought that his son would learn worse things if he lived with his mother or might follow in her footsteps and that is why he didn’t let him live with her.

@UnniSarah I don’t think that she has been kicked out of her new house yet. She tells her husband that her family will continue to look after their sons education even after she is gone (dead). This means that she is still living with them. Right now they know that she has a limited amount of time so they are allowing her to set her matters right ie make peace with her family and whatnot. She probably is packed light on this trip and that is why her clothes might seem a bit shabby here.

@backstreetboysfan Da Jung better make it up to her then big time.

After considering about the reveal that Young Joon is dating somebody I think I can sort of understand the reveal at this point after some careful consideration. Yes he was testing the waters but if one thinks about it why wouldn’t he. Unlike Oh Bok who disappeared without a word and nobody knew where exactly he went to but the same wasn’t the case for him. Everyone knew exactly where he was or atleast Da Jung and Sassy were aware since he hadn’t atleast changed school by this point. This meant that if she ever wanted to get back with him then she knew exactly where to find him and ask him back. If she didn’t do that for five years he might be doubtful of exactly how she felt back then and thus his reason to test her. But I would have felt much better if he was actually more honest with her than go this route. Also if he is dating somebody I really hope that he doesn’t think at some point that he still has feelings for Sassy and would want to cheat with her.

Oh well lets see what happens next.

• Insightful 2
3 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

point. As for the father being selfish is kind of debatable at this point. Perhaps he thought that his son would learn worse things if he lived with his mother or might follow in her footsteps and that is why he didn’t let him live with her.

The father was an engineer who graduated from a top engineering school. He gave up all that, which I can understand when he went through a divorce. He could have gone back to work and be a single parent.

Sorry to offend the males in this forum, but I am sure a mother would not put her children through a life of penury if she could help it.

Wow DJ doesn’t stop disappointing. She ran off and got angry because she thought YS and the med student were back together again because she was comforting him about his sick mother. And in the preview, she’s seen trying to team up with the evil sister in law and trying to sabotage DJ. What a jerk. 

14 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

YS give the evil lady(SJ) her recipe book to save DJ job.

I am going to watch Miss M only.

I simply hate noble idiotic FL.

Will check back, later.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

Wow DJ doesn’t stop disappointing. She ran off and got angry because she thought YS and the med student were back together again because she was comforting him about his sick mother. And in the preview, she’s seen trying to team up with the evil sister in law and trying to sabotage DJ. What a jerk. 

I don't think she was angry, she knows that he's dating a girl in his major as YS told her. YS told her before to still treat him like when they were in high school because he will come again at the Diner. DJ didn't give herself the time to heal from the "break up". All the feelings of hurt from the "break up" resurfaced when she met JH. She was still uncomfortable speaking to him. He can treat her like the way he used to, while she still feel awkward around him.

• Like 1