Quantcast

[Current Drama 2021] Be A Meal/A Good Supper, 밥이 되어라 - Mon to Fri @ 7:10 KST

I haven’t had the chance to watch episode 29 yet with subs. 
One thing bothered me is that the synopsis says that Young Shin has talent for cooking but never mentioned that it was Jung Gyung-Soo who taught everything she knows. She learned to love to cook from him so he is the talent to be reckoned. 

Even Jong-Kwon acknowledged his cooking , his exact words - -> ( he is not simple).  
I wished they had let us viewers know if GS had any dream because he seems so relax. I really feel sad for this character. He seems so lonely but when he is with YS he seems so happy. I really wish he can be happy. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am so done with this drama.  The 2 main characters could not be any more idiotic and gullible.  I don't know anyone who would have been manipulated like thy have been by that evil woman.  I check th

MBC DRAMA Be a Meal Network: MBC Episodes: 120 Genre: Daily Drama, Romance Airdate: January 11th - June 25th, 2021 Airtime: Mon to Fri @ 7:20 KST Director: Bae

Ya, stupid writer! DJ has always been a nice kid and she is now behaving so unreasonably over this guy JH whom she supposedly loves? Can never like JH, he is so rude to Oh Bok! Also why did DJ bo

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I haven’t had the chance to watch episode 29 yet with subs. 
One thing bothered me is that the synopsis says that Young Shin has talent for cooking but never mentioned that it was Jung Gyung-Soo who taught everything she knows. She learned to love to cook from him so he is the talent to be reckoned. 

Even Jong-Kwon acknowledged his cooking , his exact words - -> ( he is not simple).  
I wished they had let us viewers know if GS had any dream because he seems so relax. I really feel sad for this character. He seems so lonely but when he is with YS he seems so happy. I really wish he can be happy. 

Right? When I saw the CEO questioning where YS got her skills, I was immediately screaming “Jung Kyung-Soo!” 

He does seem at his happiest when he’s with YS. The drama did establish early on that he found reasons to laugh again because of YS, and his first (and so far, only) “ambition” that he developed ever since we met him, was to save money, and even that was because he wanted to give YS a good future. But before that, he had no dreams, no desire to be anything or anyone. This seemed to be the case since his high school years (when he found out the truth re: his mother’s death), so perhaps he did have at least some dream before he was broken. 

I, too, really wish for KS to be happy. He really does give that loneliness vibe... He is not alone per se, and he keeps reassuring people that he has the Diner’s fam. Which is true, but somehow he still looked lonely when we first met him. Somehow YS’s presence is the only thing so far that took that loneliness away from him. So I wonder how the writers will work on that.

Edited by bluesappir
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

This writer is deliberately keeping us guessing. YS got all choked up remembering the days with GS and then she ran to the railway station sobbing to look for the guy. 

Is there something that I had missed? She is the noble idiot. I hate FLs who are noble idiots. Simply hate.:isannoyed:

• Like 3
Spoiler

There will be a time jump of 3 years in next episode. And DJ will work at Royal Palace. It seems like the lady witch was very keen to hire her, even by cheating and giving her full marks in the interview if she had to. I wonder why.

Edit I really can't suspect any romantic feeling between YS and KS when they think of each other or think of the past. So I'm quite surprised when I read some people saying otherwise. I don't think I will like them together because for me, he is a father figure to her. Anyways, I'm still enjoying the drama, I can't wait to see what's in the store for next episodes

Edited by Estelle
  • Like 2
Spoiler

It seems that the president found out something related to his wife and sister-in-law’s scheming.. whatever that is (the competition from three years ago, maybe?). He’s apparently even about to take off JY from the position of heir. Can’t say I feel sorry for that family. Except maybe for the president himself.

I liked the scene of him with Kyung-Soo at the diner. He’s genuinely impressed by him the more he gets to know the younger man, and how could he not. The president is right, that KS can touch people’s hearts with his cooking. The whole premise about YS and her growth as she is on her way of becoming “a meal” was because of KS.

On a different note, KS’s very unimpressed face when manager Seo came over with the necklace was so funny. It really brought me back memories of Lee Mong-Ryong, haha

Edited by bluesappir
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everyone 

Jung Hoon is probably getting married. He told Young Shim he is dating someone but why do I get the feeling he is trying to sound her out. Like always she is going to be dumb about it and he will get married. Than JH will regret Hi decision when she finally moves on. Honestly I don’t feel anything when they are both on screen. She really keeps her emotions close to her chest . 

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Checking out this drama since I am seriously thinking about taking a small break from revenge shows. Also the good thing is that it was easy to catch up with this thread. On a side note am surprised to see the female lead with a mole under her eye. Don’t recall seeing that when she was in the show Mad Dog unless I am mistaking actress some of them I still can’t recognize as they look similar.

Anyway on to the show itself.

Spoiler

Wanted to bring up the fact about how everyone was proud that Youn Shin didn’t surrended her recipe to the  Owner of the restaurant. Well I guess she is simply lucky because this is a drama, she has blackmailing leverage against the old lady and all. If this was real life she would probably be out of luck. Consider the fact that at the time she was just a mere intern meaning that her rights are even less than a regular worker over there. Next the recipe that she made was done on company time or atleast using company resources as well as at the restaurant itself. Meaning that they own that recipe. If they so choose they may give her some sort of royalty fees depending on how well it sells and that to if they are feeling generous or some other reward. But she has no real claim over it at this point. A pity the writer failed to recognize this fact or that is why they used the blackmail trump card etc..

Regardless of this I have decided to name the female lead as Sassy because of her attitude and how she doesn’t like to back down no matter what.

People do wonder what the old ladies reaction is with the guy that took care if Sassy and all plus her mysterious son. Lets go with the son for the time being. Does anyone wonder if her nephew is actually her son. Sure we got the bit when she told him that she picked him up from the street or that he was starving so he should be more grateful towards her or something like that. But that may simply be to throw all of us of the mark. I find it a bit unusual that she would bring a random stranger and claim that he is her nephew and live with him and all. What is her agenda and believe me she is someone that always seems to have an agenda. One of which is to inherit the family business and other assets. Perhaps she needed someone that cooks really well but then again why train a stranger a son makes more sense even if said person doesn’t know that he is her son.

As for her being arch enemies with Sassy’s guardian. At the end of this show it will all be revealed that all of this was a huge misunderstanding and all thus they will end up forgiving each other and live happily ever after or however that goes. To some extent this can be seen from previous episodes. Think about the fact when the kids were young she secretly went to the diner and all where Sassy saw her for the first time. If she had ill feelings towards the guardian why make a few trips down there. He seemed to be content to leave her alone so I doubt that he was showing up at her new workplace and causing a scene. So this must mean that she was going there on her own accord simply because he was the son of her previous lover. She probably stopped going over there once she saw that he was content with his life or he caught her and warned her to stay away.

Sure she goes on about how she will ruin somebody if they don’t play nice with her or something but just what has she done about it. She has more than ample ways to try and get rid of those characters. I doubt their blackmailing material holds much threat for her if she plays it carefully. Unfortunately she tends to act first and think later which end up causing her more problems. Even her nephew tends to point these out.

As for the other members of her current household seem to be just as fun to watch (irritatingly). Her rivalry with her SiL is interesting simply because both of them seem to be equally greedy. Have come up with the SiL nickname aka Stabby since she would gladly do that to get what she wants. At this point I do wonder who should actually inherit the family fortune because nobody seems worthy in my eyes at this point. The wife does seem to have some skill but at the end greed trumps everything else for her that she ends up making dumb mistakes. Plus her rivalry with Stabby further complicates everything. A pity that they can’t learn how to share but that really doesn’t come as much of a surprise at this point.

Stabby on the other hand seems less worthy because she simply feels that everything should belong to her due to her being the SiL and whatnot. She feels cheated that the BiL married again so she won’t get a cent to her name at this rate. It also doesn’t seem to help that her husband and son seem to be totally useless and lack ambition or if they do they are so bad at it that they end up flopping in their endeavors. Really find it hard to root for anyone in that family. They all want a quick dime but don’t really want to put in the effort and time to make it so. Found it amusing that they mentioned that it has become so hard to steal from their customers as they like to pay via credit card these days.

Also got to give credit to their son that he is still determined to chase after Sassy after all this time and continuous rejections. Perhaps he may just be able to make something of himself at some point. But at the same time this makes me feel bad for Sassy as well because Stabby is going to take his actions in the wrong way. She already has a bad experience with her current SiL who played innocent before marrying her BiL so she is sure to accuse Sassy with the same things. In a way I am glad that the other guy is back in the picture and if Sassy has anything to say she can simply point out to these people that she already has a guy that she likes and has feelings for so Stabby has nothing to worry about and if things get really bad she can introduce him to the rest of the staff. Normally I am sure that would be enough for people to back down but this being a show we know that none of this will happen and people here will unnecessarily complicate their own lives or the other party will cause issues and misunderstandings just to get their way. So the main leads will have their own hurdles to get over.

Da Jung is back on friendly terms with Sassy so that is nice to see. I was missing their friendship. Was a bit afraid that getting into a love square might complicate things down the line but it seems that she might decide to accept Oh Bok’s feelings for her so this means that Stabby’s son won’t be in the picture at all. For instance I thought that once she starts to work in that restaurant she might set her eyes on the guy but once she realizes that even he has feelings for Sassy she might get jealous and wonder why everyone one is attracted to her and totally ignores her. Thus she may step into evil second lead territory and do evil things and all. Glad to see that the drama isn’t heading in that direction as of yet. But I do worry that since she has revealed that she is close to Sassy she will become a pawn by the two evil ladies over there. Not so sure what they can gain with that though. Do they still want to get rid of Sassy and why. So far she just seems all bark and no bite. She hasn’t done anything at all to get rid of the old woman and reveal any of her past so at this point it seems moot to do anything to her. Yes she was sabotaged in the last competition but that didn’t seem to do anything to her spirit since she is back to cooking and all. The only thing that I can see perhaps play a future part is that another competition takes place between the two and the same stunt is pulled again. If Da Jung discovers this I can see her try and side with her friend until she is blackmailed into staying silient. After all she is a mere employee/intern over there so she can be told that she will not only lose her job but she won’t be able to find a job anywhere else if she reveals anything. Perhaps as a reward for her silence they may even offer her a permanent job over there as well. Also since she doesn’t know that Sassy has blackmail material to maintain her post she may agree to those terms. Not sure how Sassy might take the news once she finds out this happened. She would clearly feel betrayed but is that karma or just plain bad luck.

Other than that let’s see what happens. Still not sure which drama I will stick up with at this point. A lot of good shows are airing around this time and unfortunately I don’t have time to watch all of them. Anyway all of you take care and keep watching. Hope this show remains interesting to the end.

• Like 2

No new episode tomorrow, because they will do a special news coverage which will include the usual time slot.

South Korea will officially begin the vaccination against COVID-19 this Friday, so I think that’s what they will be covering.

• Thanks 2

I am sad for YS and JH. I was beginning to like the two of them. They look so sad.

Maybe he is moving on, he knew she has to choose him or DJ. She has chosen DJ.  They are supposedly 23, marriage?

If DJ and the guy OK were to become a couple, then DJ in a fit of generosity, tells YS to go to JH. Then she finds him married with triplets, at 25. Serves YS right, if you love someone be honest.

• Like 1

@UnniSarah Thankyou for that information. Didn't know that she had a twin and now I seem like an idiot :sweatingbullets:

I do wonder if Jung Hoon would have even returned to the town if he didn't see the entire gang at Da Jung's graduation Does this mean that he also graduated as well.

@UnniSarah If he is testing out Sassy by telling her that he is seeing someone then I think that he is a major idiot. Doesn't he know her by now. She is someone that is always sacrificing for others instead of her own happiness. What does he expect that she will be mad at him for moving on and whatnot. Instead she will pretend to be happy or might be since his happiness is more important than her own. At best she might have regrets for missing her chance but she won't let him know that. She didn't accept her own feelings in the past because it would hurt Da Jung and didn't leave town since her guardian would be alone and might have suffered as well. So would her reaction be any different at this point. I just hope that she doesn't think that lying to him that she has also moved on and then pretend to be in a relationship with Rich Kid will be her plan because then I will be doing double Face Palms at the idiocy of these characters and perhaps even my own mistake for not knowing that Sassy actually has a twin in real life :blink:

Oh well lets just see what happens next. Though I am still enjoying her attitude against the two old females.

"Sorry I never saw you as a mother."

Or when she is told if she wants to be fired.

"I would like nothing better."

these characters have no idea of how to handle her

• Like 3
3 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

@UnniSarah Thankyou for that information. Didn't know that she had a twin and now I seem like an idiot :sweatingbullets:

I do wonder if Jung Hoon would have even returned to the town if he didn't see the entire gang at Da Jung's graduation Does this mean that he also graduated as well.

@UnniSarah If he is testing out Sassy by telling her that he is seeing someone then I think that he is a major idiot. Doesn't he know her by now. She is someone that is always sacrificing for others instead of her own happiness. What does he expect that she will be mad at him for moving on and whatnot. Instead she will pretend to be happy or might be since his happiness is more important than her own. At best she might have regrets for missing her chance but she won't let him know that. She didn't accept her own feelings in the past because it would hurt Da Jung and didn't leave town since her guardian would be alone and might have suffered as well. So would her reaction be any different at this point. I just hope that she doesn't think that lying to him that she has also moved on and then pretend to be in a relationship with Rich Kid will be her plan because then I will be doing double Face Palms at the idiocy of these characters and perhaps even my own mistake for not knowing that Sassy actually has a twin in real life :blink:

Oh well lets just see what happens next. Though I am still enjoying her attitude against the two old females.

"Sorry I never saw you as a mother."

Or when she is told if she wants to be fired.

"I would like nothing better."

these characters have no idea of how to handle her

I know right @yamiyugi. Well said chingu. I  think Gyung Soo is the only one who knows her.  She really did love him and JH could have remained single and try again. If he had been a bit more patient and understanding of her fears. They could have become a couple already. I fear YS’s stay with GS has changed our girl and also her fear of being alone has made her quite cautious. 
 me too , I enjoy the way she toys with these old female. Both are greedy for what isn’t theirs. They disgust me and I don’t trust the chairman’s wife.  She scares me because I don’t know how far she will go to keep her past a secret. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I don't know if I can watch this show till eps 100,  hints of YS and KS as a couple are still there. JH with his sad look.  Now I know his father gave up a lucrative engineering job because his wife left him for another man.

That is selfish. He drags his son to the country and JH is beholden to the Lees to go to medical school. Am I right?

They are only 23, for goodness sakes, many of us are at grad school at that age.

• Like 4