Quantcast

[Current Drama 2021] Be A Meal/A Good Supper, 밥이 되어라 - Mon to Fri @ 7:10 KST

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I've been thinking about the direction of this show.   I think YS is the chairmans actual daughter (from his first wife) and by adopting her into the family, the writer is paving the way

From the scene when JH dropped out of med school, there was a flashback, he told his father to take him to his mother because the father dragged him to the country right after she said she was going t

MBC DRAMA Be a Meal Network: MBC Episodes: 120 Genre: Daily Drama, Romance Airdate: January 11th - June 25th, 2021 Airtime: Mon to Fri @ 7:20 KST Director: Bae

It's getting interesting. I have seen ML characters before, too nice by not wanting to hurt anyone, being fought over by close friends or siblings.

A very old one was glass slippers, but I watched it on video so can't remember how old. The guy gave up on both women.  that time, all the dramas were competing for the most tear jerking award. Some were really good at it.

From the looks of it, I don't think we will have FL-ML couple at the end. Now we have a chaebol type thrown in, a love square?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I am regularly watching this because of Jae Hee and Yung Woo Yeon.  I wonder if there will be a romance between Jae Hee and Yung Woo Yeon towards the end of the 120 episodes???  From the onset both didn't seem to treat each other as siblings or father and daughter.  Despite the age difference, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with it.  If romance drama for an older female actress  and younger male actors are accepted why not in the case of Young Shin and Kyung Soo in the drama "A good supper".   Just saying and wishing they both get the love they deserve as both are good persons in this korean drama.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Atim Ron said:

I am regularly watching this because of Jae Hee and Yung Woo Yeon.  I wonder if there will be a romance between Jae Hee and Yung Woo Yeon towards the end of the 120 episodes???  From the onset both didn't seem to treat each other as siblings or father and daughter.  Despite the age difference, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with it.  If romance drama for an older female actress  and younger male actors are accepted why not in the case of Young Shin and Kyung Soo in the drama "A good supper".   Just saying and wishing they both get the love they deserve as both are good persons in this korean drama.

I'm okay with their relationship too. But wouldn't it be a big scandal for this small town? Will they able to handle it? 

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Atim Ron said:

I agree with you. There's got to be a reason why they purposely never defined their relationship as adopted father and daughter or even oppa and dongsaeng. We've seen a lot of ahjussi-younger FL romances so it's totally acceptable in my eyes. I really want them to be together. Just as they said in the preview for Monday, they really will do ANYTHING for each other so I hope that's the direction this show is going.

• Like 4

Isn't she in love with the ML? She has not said yes or no when others told her he loved her. Even when he told her that he was going to drop out of med school, she ignored it.

The writer may be setting up Jae Hee and her romance.

I don't think I like it. She has lived with him for 12 years and seems to depend on him and he cares for her in a protective way, If not as a father then a much older brother.  Then hitching them, changing a non-romantic close relationship to romance - having lived together all those years? Age difference is a small matter but practically being brought by him, no I don't like it.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don't think I like it. She has lived with him for 12 years and seems to depend on him and he cares for her in a protective way, If not as a father then a much older brother.  Then hitching them, changing a non-romantic close relationship to romance - having lived together all those years? Age difference is a small matter but practically being brought by him, no I don't like it.

I agree, the problem is that they've lived together all this time, and she was a child, it's not even the age difference that worries me, if at least they didn't not lived together, I would have said yes
Maybe the writers will change that when they see the comments, then I don't know what Korean viewers think.

Otherwise I always think that DJ and JH will end up together, I have the impression that they will sleep by accident, get married, will have jealousy problems and JH will really fall in love with her

• Like 2

In the Twilight book community, there is a very popular Fanfiction about this, it's called Wild Child and it was about a guardian who has to take care of a girl who lost her parents and later they fall in love and get married (once she is an adult). It was kinda taboo in the Twilight community but was SUPER popular so it's an interesting concept and can be well done if executed properly. 

Yes there is a power dynamic that is the problem in this relationship but I've never really seen the FL in the drama be intimidated by the ML so I get the feeling that it would be an equal dynamic in the potential relationship. 

• Like 2
On 2/19/2021 at 6:50 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

Okay guys, I am starting see Jae Hee and Yung Woo Yeon they might have feeling for each other??.

I saw it too @backstreetboysfan she had more fear of losing Gyung-Soo than JH. 
I believe everyone seems to be worried about the fact they lived together is what makes it hard to accept them as couple. 

@maribella Young Shin does love JH. I think when she was younger it was was a crush as she got older her feelings got stronger.  The question is Can she live without him?  I am quiet loss at who will end up together. From the preview it seems YS will be leaving without JH. She will leave  Gyung Soo too because he sacrificed so much for her and she will take it upon herself to leave him so he can finally live and be happy. YS right now feels the Diner family is broken and decide that leaving will keep the rest of the family together. Sacrificing her own happiness for others. I hate these noble idiots ideas.  Her leaving and becoming independent is what will push YS ans GS to see each other in another light.  Then another Time Jump for everyone 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I believe everyone seems to be worried about the fact they lived together is what malware it hard to accept them as couple. 

@maribella Young Shin does love JH. I think when she was younger it was was a crush as she got older her feelings got stronger.  The question is Can she live without him?  I am quiet loss at who will end up together. From the preview it seems YS will be leaving without JH. She will leave  Gyung Soo too because he sacrificed so much for her and she will take it upon herself to leave him so he can finally live and be happy. YS right now feels the Diner family is broken and decide that leaving will keep the rest of the family together. Sacrificing her own happiness for others. I hate these noble idiots ideas.  Her leaving and becoming independent is what will push YS ans GS to see each other in another light.  Then another Time Jump for everyone 

I have strong feelings against romantic relationships between a care provider, a teacher, a guardian, a guru etc. with their charge. The gender and age are minor issues. I imagine a parent/parents sending a child to be taught or protected, instead at 18 or  20, it becomes love? No, something was happening before the charge came off age. Who can you trust with your child? Or grandchild? When I read about Macron the French president and his wife, I was disgusted. So the gender does not make it less repulsive.

If YS and GS lived in a house with other families, I may give myself a few slaps and get over it. But they share a small house, just the two of them.

He is a father figure.

If he is 60 and she is 40 and he needs caring, so maybe they could marry, but otherwise, it gives me the heebie jeebie.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I believe everyone seems to be worried about the fact they lived together is what malware it hard to accept them as couple. 

Yeah she does have more fear about losing him than JH, I could see them going either way. YS and KS or YS and JH.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@maribella I might be wrong and there is no love interest between them.  

I feel for JH and understand why he is selfish. I feel that DH only started to like him only because of how much her mom loves JH. When they were younger, she would call him out for his cowardice but as soon as she starts to like him her blinder came on.  I also think him becoming a doctor was another incentive to fall for him. I was quite surprised she still wanted him but I still didn’t take her answer is sincere. JH spent all his teens trying to leave the village but the one he wanted was determined to stay in the village because she is happy and very simple. 

• Like 2

@UnniSarah I don't think JH is selfish. He just loves somebody else. They are all 20? They look like grad students :lol:
Anyway, I can't make out the relationship between YS and GS. I would prefer they introduce someone else for him.

It would be fun to see the interactions between the Chaebol kid, his mother and YS. Right now, it can go either way.

The father was a real scum in Temptation of the wife.

• Like 3