KakaoTV Drama

The Crazy Guy in this District

oh-yeon-seo-jung-woo.jpg

Drama: The Crazy Guy in This District/ Mad for Each Other

Hangul: 구역의 미친X

Genre: romance,

Network: KakaoTV

Episodes: 13

Director: Lee Tae-gon (Age of Youth, Diary of A Prosecutor).

Writer:Ah Kyung

Release Date: May 24, 2021- June 21, 2021

Runtime:Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at  7 p.m. KST(30 min. each episode)

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

The drama is about two people with their own painful stories who go through a complicated process of hurting and healing while falling in love with each other.

Cast

Oh Yeon Seo as Lee Min Kyung

Jung Woo as No Hwi Oh

Ahn Woo Yeon as

Lee Suhyun as Su Hyun

Kim Nam Hee as Seon-ho

Character descriptions

Lee Min Kyung (Oh Yeon Seo), through certain events, becomes a crazy woman who is imprisoned in her own prison and suffers from delusions and obsessions.

No Hwi Oh (Jung Woo) is a detective at the Gangnam Police Station who never gives up on any of his cases,  is extremely obsessed with catching criminals.

Su Hyun (Lee Suhyun ) works at a convenience store in the neighborhood where No Hwi Oh and Lee Min Kyung live. She is in her 20s, and she works hard to pay for her student loans, monthly rent, and living expenses. Through her part-time jobs, she has faced many rude customers, so she has already lost her love for humanity.

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

November 11 2020

Jung Woo & Oh Yeon-Seo cast in Kakao TV drama “The Crazy Guy in This District”

Crazy_X_in_This_Area-a001.jpg

Jung Woo & Oh Yeon-Seo are cast in Kakao TV drama series “The Crazy Guy in This District” (literal title). The drama series will be directed by Lee Tae-Gon (“Hello, My Twenties!“/”Diary of a Prosecutor“). For the drama series, Jung Woo and Oh Yeon-Seo will play two people that are going through very turbulent times. They meet each other and fall for the other person.

“The Crazy Guy in This District” will consist of 12 episodes and will be available to stream via Kakao TV sometime during the first half of next year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: No Whi-O (Jung Woo) works as a detective. He thinks that he has a pretty decent life. One day, an incident takes place. This causes No Whi-O’s life to change. He becomes a crazy guy, unable to control his anger and he gets angry at everything. He tries to return to former self, but, during this time, he gets involved with another crazy person, Lee Min-Kyung (Oh Yeon-Seo). She has a sophisticated appearance and a fine job, but something happens to her. Her ordinary life collapses and she doesn’t trust anyone anymore. She has delusions and is compulsive. No Whi-O and Lee Min-Kyung become attracted to each other.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/jung-woo-oh-yeon-seo-cast-in-kakao-tv-drama-the-crazy-guy-in-this-district

Update: Oh Yeon Seo And Jung Woo Confirmed For New Romance Drama

db667dbb474a4b50bce04483497bc15d.jpeg?s=

Nov 6, 2020
by L. Kim

Updated November 11 KST: 

Oh Yeon Seo and Jung Woo have confirmed their casting in the KakaoTV original drama “Crazy Person in the Area” (literal translation).

Jung Woo will be playing No Hwi Oh, a detective in the violent crimes division of the Gangnam Police Station. He thinks that he is doing well until his life suddenly takes a turn and he becomes a “crazy” person who can’t hold in his anger about anything.

The actor said, “I was drawn to the title, but the content was really interesting as well. It’s my first drama in a while, and I’m glad to be participating in a project with such a fun premise. I think I’ll be able to have fun filming with the director and writer and my co-star, Oh Yeon Seo, who will help me create a unique, appealing character. I am interested in seeing how the new platform will help us approach viewers in a more accessible way.”

Oh Yeon Seo plays Lee Min Kyung, a woman who is caught up in her own delusions and compulsions. She had lived an ordinary life as a pretty woman with a respectable job until “that incident” that caused everything in her life to break down. As a result, she was unable to trust anyone and is caught in a prison of her own making. Her delusions also have the unfortunate side effect of making everyone else around her angry.

The actress said, “I’m excited to be doing a drama for the first time in a while. The premise and the characters were so unique. While I was reading the script, I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m interested in seeing how the story is expressed onscreen. I’ll work hard at filming so that viewers can have fun and enjoy the drama.”

“Crazy Person in the Area” will air on KakaoTV in the first half of 2021. Each episode will run for 25 minutes for a total of 12 episodes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1436197wpp/oh-yeon-seo-and-jung-woo-in-talks-for-new-romance-drama

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Jung Woo and Oh Yeon-seo in New Kakao TV Drama "Crazy X in Town"

0NpoGHr.jpg

Actors Jung Woo and Oh Yeon-seo are starring in the new Kakao TV original drama "Crazy X in Town".

"Crazy X in Town" is a hyperventilating romance drama between Noh Hwi-oh, a man with 0% tolerance for anger and Lee Min-kyeong, a woman who induces 100% anger, battling to be the 'crazy in town'. It was directed by Lee Tae-gon-I, who directed the "Age of Youth" series and the "Diary of a Prosecutor". From historical dramas to emotional melodies to trendy youth romance, this is the first digital drama directed by Lee Tae-gon-I, who has delivered the fun and emotion of his work with outstanding directing skills. Each episode will consist of 12 parts, in 25 minutes, and it plans to start filming in earnest within this year and introduce them in the first half of 2021.

Jung Woo, who has completed past characters with his own charms in each work, plays the role of Noh Hwi-oh, a detective in the violent crime squad at the Gangnam Police Station. One day while he believes he is living a decent life, he becomes the crazy person with 0% anger control when he faces a life reversal. While trying to return to his normal routine, he gets caught up with another 'crazy' that keeps hitting him with an uppercut but he falls into her before he knows it. Jung Woo seems to be full of anger and dissatisfaction toward the world, but in fact, he will delicately and attractively express the dynamic changes of Noh Hwi-oh who looks like he's full of problems towards the world but is just as passionate and warm.

Jung Woo said, "The title attracted me, but the content was more interesting than the title. It's been a long time since I've been in a drama, and I'm happy to participate in a work about pleasant subjects. I look forward to working with the director, writer, and actress Oh Yeon-seo, who will make her character attractive", he added. "I am curious and excited to meet viewers through work on a new platform".

Oh Yeon-seo will play 'crazy' Lee Min-kyeong with 100% anger inducement, suffering from self-made delusions and obsessions. When her daily life, which is beyond reproach for her sophisticated appearance and decent job, collapses in an instant after 'the incident', she suddenly becomes an anger-inducing character who does not trust anyone and imprisons herself in her own cell. Lee Min-kyeong keeps intertwining with another 'crazy' on her radar, and gradually prepares to love again. Oh Yeon-seo, who has been loved for her bubbly and bubbly characters, is expected to show a different side by portraying the unique individuality and charm of Lee Min-kyeong, who has a warm and pure sensibility.

"I'm really excited to meet viewers in a drama after a long time", Oh Yeon-seo said. "The subject and characters of the work were so unique that I couldn't stop laughing throughout the script. I'm also very curious about how the unique story will unfold. I'll work hard to make sure you enjoy the show and show you a great performance. Please look forward to it".

Source : https://www.hancinema.net/jung-woo-and-oh-yeon-seo-in-new-kakao-tv-drama-crazy-x-in-town-146805.html

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Crazy Guy in This District, 이 구역의 미친 X - Jung Woo & Oh Yeon Seo- Premieres in the first half
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

AKMU’s Lee Suhyun Confirmed To Join Oh Yeon Seo And Jung Woo In New Drama

c725ca0f7ee54a22b01e3af992539938.jpeg?s=

Apr 15, 2021
by L. Kim

AKMU’s Lee Suhyun will be in a new drama!

On April 15, the drama confirmed that Lee Suhyun will be joining the KakaoTV original drama “Crazy Person in the Area” (literal translation). Oh Yeon Seo and Jung Woo were previously confirmed to play the leads.

The drama is about two people with their own painful stories who go through a complicated process of hurting and healing while falling in love with each other. Jung Woo will be playing No Hwi Oh, a detective in the violent crimes division of the Gangnam Police Station. Oh Yeon Seo plays Lee Min Kyung, a woman who is caught up in her own delusions and compulsions. The drama will be directed by Lee Tae Gon, who’s helmed dramas such as the “Age of Youth” series and “War of Prosecutors.”

Lee Suhyun will take the role of a part-timer named Su Hyun who works at a convenience store in the neighborhood where No Hwi Oh and Lee Min Kyung live. She is in her 20s, and she works hard to pay for her student loans, monthly rent, and living expenses. Through her part-time jobs, she has faced many rude customers, so she has already lost her love for humanity.

Therefore, she does not waste even one percent of her emotions in vain but deals with customers with empty eyes and a cynical way of speaking. Expectations are high for Lee Suhyun’s acting transformation, and it will be interesting to see her great chemistry with both the main characters.

The drama’s production team shared, “Part-timer Su Hyun is a character who makes No Hwi Oh and Lee Min Kyung’s characteristics stand out even more, and she will also increase the humor in the drama. There will be many funny stories as Su Hyun, No Hwi Oh, and Lee Min Kyung become intertwined together, and the actors also have great teamwork, so please look forward to the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1464327wpp/akmus-lee-suhyun-confirmed-to-join-oh-yeon-seo-and-jung-woo-in-new-drama

• Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Crazy Guy in This District, 이 구역의 미친 X - Jung Woo & Oh Yeon Seo- Premieres in May

Actor Kim Nam Hee confirmed cast for  KakaoTV original drama “Crazy Person in the Area”.  He will play the role of  Seon-ho who is the key to ‘the incident’ which made the heroine suddenly anger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Kim Nam-hee to join Jung Woo and Oh Yeon-seo in new Kakao drama

by tineybeanie

kimnamhee_jwoys1.jpg

KakaoTV’s new original series This Neighborhood’s Crazy Guy has recently finished casting its main leads: Jung Woo (Best Friend, Answer Me 1994) and Oh Yeon-seo (People With Flaws) are joined by Kim Nam-hee (Sweet Home) in this upcoming romantic comedy drama.

Jung Woo plays Noh Hwi-oh, a guy with anger management issues and 0% control over his temper. Although he is quick to anger, it’s because he’s that passionate about the things that are dear to him. He’s a violent crimes investigator for the Gangnam police district.

For most of his life, he thought things were going okay, but one day, a complete reversal happens, and he begins to resent the entire world and everything in it. As a result, he becomes This Neighborhood’s Crazy Guy. (Note: The title refers to both Oh Yeon-seo and Jung Woo’s characters because in Korean, it translates directly to This District’s Crazy X with X androgynously referring to RickRoll'D or RickRoll'D.)

Oh Yeon-seo plays Lee Min-kyung, a gal who is 100% bound to provoke anger. She used to have a solid job and with her beautiful appearance, she had a good life until “that incident” occurred. Afterwards, she lost everything and began suffering from intense anxiety, delusions, and paranoia that lead her to anger and alienate everyone around her. As she continues to interact with No Hwi-oh, their craziness implodes and turns into love.

Kim Nam-hee has been cast as a character who holds the key to the incident that changed Lee Min-kyung’s life forever.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/04/kim-nam-hee-to-join-jung-woo-and-oh-yeon-seo-in-new-kakao-drama/

• Like 3

Jung Woo, Oh Yeon Seo, AKMU’s Lee Suhyun, And More Take Part In Script Reading For Upcoming Rom-Com

daf93fb7b2044865ade7b9ab8316fda3.jpeg?s=

Apr 25, 2021
by U. Kim

The upcoming KakaoTV original drama “Crazy Person in the Area” (literal translation) revealed photos of the actors at its script reading!

The drama is about two people with their own painful stories who go through a complicated process of hurting and healing while falling in love with each other. Jung Woo will be playing No Hwi Oh, a detective in the violent crimes division who cannot control his anger. Oh Yeon Seo plays Lee Min Kyung, a woman who is caught up in her own delusions and compulsions and easily angers others. The drama will be directed by Lee Tae Gon, who’s helmed dramas such as the “Age of Youth” series and “War of Prosecutors.”

A refreshing drama will be born from the teamwork between the two unique actors Jung Woo and Oh Yeon Seo. At the script reading ahead of the filming, the actors were all full of passion and motivation. In addition to the lead actors Jung Woo and Oh Yeon Seo, who showed fun chemistry as their characters who constantly quarrel, the supporting actors also became one with their characters.

AKMU’s Lee Suhyun will be playing the professional part-timer Su Hyun, while Baek Ji Won, Lee Hye Eun, and Lee Yeon Doo will play In Ja, Sun Young, and Joo Ri, respectively, who are members of the apartment community’s women’s association. Jung Seung Gil will take on the role of Manager Kim.

The drama’s production team commented, “The passion and synergy between the actors was so marvelous that the laughter did not stop all throughout the table read. More than anything, you can look forward to the amazing comedic chemistry between Jung Woo and Oh Yeon Seo, who skillfully portray characters that are polar opposites.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465835wpp/jung-woo-oh-yeon-seo-akmus-lee-suhyun-and-more-take-part-in-script-reading-for-upcoming-rom-com

• Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Crazy Guy in This District, 이 구역의 미친 X - Mon, Tue@ Wed, at 7 PM KST-Jung Woo & Oh Yeon Seo- Premieres on May 24

April 28 2021

Teaser trailer for KakaoTV drama “The Crazy Guy in This District”

Crazy_X_in_This_Area-a001.jpg

First teaser trailer added for KakaoTV drama series “The Crazy Guy in This District” (literal title) starring Jung Woo & Oh Yeon-Seo. Narration in the teaser trailer depicts a shouting match between apartment neighbors (0:02) Jung Woo “Hey! Make the barking stop. Hey! Son of a RickRoll'D,” (0:12) Oh Yeon-Seo “Hey, you’re making more noise, son of a RickRoll'D,” (0:15) Jung Woo “Where are you? Who are you?” (0:17) Oh Yeon-Seo “What are you going to do?” (0:18) Jung Woo “Hey you crazy RickRoll'D,” (0:21) Oh Yeon-Seo “Are you calling me a crazy RickRoll'D? … you crazy pervert!” (0:23) Jung Woo “Pervert? You stay right there!”

“The Crazy Guy in This District” will stream on Kakao TV from May 24, 2021 in South Korea. The drama series will have 13 episodes and each episode runs approximately 30 minutes.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: No Whi-O (Jung Woo) works as a detective. He thinks that he has a pretty decent life. One day, an incident takes place. This causes No Whi-O’s life to change. He becomes a crazy guy, unable to control his anger and he gets angry at everything. He tries to return to former self, but, during this time, he gets involved with another crazy person, Lee Min-Kyung (Oh Yeon-Seo). She has a sophisticated appearance and a fine job, but something happens to her. Her ordinary life collapses and she doesn’t trust anyone anymore. She has delusions and is compulsive. No Whi-O and Lee Min-Kyung become attracted to each other.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-kakaotv-drama-the-crazy-guy-in-this-district

Jung Woo and Oh Yeon-seo came to the first script reading (Crazy Person in this area)

Jungwoo and Oh Yeonseo watch radio

• Like 4

Oh Yeon Seo Transforms Into A Quirky Woman Who Doesn’t Trust Anyone In Upcoming Rom-Com

69e650afffad45a3bd51663210d517cd.jpeg?s=

May 1, 2021
by L. Kim

KakaoTV original drama “Crazy Person in the Area” (literal translation) unveiled a first glimpse of Oh Yeon Seo in character!

The drama is about two people with their own painful stories who go through a complicated process of hurting and healing while falling in love with each other. Jung Woo will be playing No Hwi Oh, a detective in the violent crimes division who cannot control his anger. Oh Yeon Seo plays Lee Min Kyung, a woman who is caught up in her own delusions and compulsions and easily angers others.

Lee Min Kyung is a character who once had it all. She had the perfect career, and she was known for her beautiful looks. However, she suddenly experiences a tragic incident that causes her to lose faith in people and cut off communication with the world. She doesn’t trust anyone, and she firmly shuts the door to the heart, unintentionally angering the people around her.

In the new stills, Lee Min Kyung steals the spotlight with her unique appearance. She always has a flower in her hair, and sometimes, she wears oversized sunglasses that makes her look stranger than ever.

oh-yeon-seo-4.jpg

oh-yeon-seo-3.jpg

Oh Yeon Seo, who has solid acting skills and a diverse experience with different characters, will create an unusual character with both her appearance and actions. She will portray Lee Min Kyung’s eccentric qualities and vulnerable sides that make everyone want to embrace her. It will also be interesting to see the chemistry between Lee Min Kyung, who has the ability to make people angry, and No Hwi Oh, who lacks the ability to control his anger.

“Crazy Person in the Area” consists of 13 episodes that are each 30 minutes long. The episodes will be released on KakaoTV at 7 p.m. KST on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays starting May 24.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1466769wpp/oh-yeon-seo-transforms-into-a-quirky-woman-who-doesnt-trust-anyone-in-upcoming-rom-com

• Like 4

Watch: Oh Yeon Seo And Jung Woo Are A Raging Duo In Main Poster And Teaser For Upcoming Rom-Com

77647f8a4f4d4c30bebb3685e7ff9a5a.jpeg?s=

May 3, 2021
by L. Kim

Upcoming KakaoTV original drama “Crazy Person in the Area” (literal translation) has shared a poster and teaser!

The drama is about two people with their own painful stories who go through a complicated process of hurting and healing while falling in love with each other. Jung Woo will be playing No Hwi Oh, a detective in the violent crimes division who cannot control his anger. Oh Yeon Seo plays Lee Min Kyung, a woman who is caught up in her own delusions and compulsions and easily angers others.

On May 3, the drama released a powerful poster starring Jung Woo and Oh Yeon Seo. They are sitting on top of a scrapped car that has dozens of yellow parking ticket signs all over it. The front bumper is barely hanging on, and smoke is seeping out from it. The side mirrors are bent, and a “no parking” sign is sticking out from the window.

Jung Woo is wearing a bright vest labeled “patrol” and holding a baseball bat. He’s scowling with fury, and he looks like he’s about to swear any minute. On the other hand, Oh Yeon Seo is wearing a flower-patterned dress and is holding a flower-patterned umbrella. She’s wearing her trademark sunglasses, and as always, she has a flower behind her ear. Her expression is calm yet confident, and oddly enough, she makes an excellent pair with Jung Woo, who is the complete opposite of her. The short but powerful phrase on the poster reads, “If you mess with me, you die.”

oh-yeon-seo-jung-woo.jpg

The teaser begins with No Hwi Oh shouting in fury. He yells, “Why the heck are they parking their car like this?” Screaming with rage, he races towards the car and kicks it repeatedly. He starts to curse in rage, and it’s obvious he has issues controlling his anger. Lee Min Kyung appears with a “no parking” sign and a cute puppy by her side and nonchalantly walks towards the car. She stabs the front of it with the sign, and they both stand on top of the car in victory.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467118wpp/watch-oh-yeon-seo-and-jung-woo-are-a-raging-duo-in-main-poster-and-teaser-for-upcoming-rom-com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh Yeon Seo And Jung Woo Begin A Wild And Unpredictable Relationship In Upcoming Rom-Com

a5cedbc3a96947ee888e8761980e92e1.jpeg?s=

May 5, 2021
by C. Hong

KakaoTV’s upcoming drama “Crazy Person in the Area” (literal translation) has released new stills of Oh Yeon Seo and Jung Woo!

“Crazy Person in the Area” is a romantic comedy about two people with painful pasts who go through a complicated process of hurting and healing while falling in love. Jung Woo stars as No Hwi Oh, a violent crimes detective who has zero control over his anger. Oh Yeon Seo stars as Lee Min Kyung, a woman caught up in her own delusions and is always angering other people.

No Hwi Oh was a passionate police officer until a traumatic incident ruined his life and gave him anger management issues. Lee Min Kyung lived a perfect life until it all collapsed in a single moment and she ended up closing off her heart.

In the new stills, Oh Yeon Seo and Jung Woo begin their characters’ wild and unpredictable relationship as these two people who should not meet end up meeting. Whether they’re staring off into space together, walking in the rain, or facing off in a park, there’s an unusual aura about the couple that isn’t like the usual romance.

Spoiler

oh-yeon-seo-jung-woo.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467469wpp/oh-yeon-seo-and-jung-woo-begin-a-wild-and-unpredictable-relationship-in-upcoming-rom-com

• Like 3

New stills of Jung Woo were released

20210507504457.jpg

20210507504456.jpg

20210507504455.png

Spoiler

20210507504458.jpg

Jung-woo (played by Noh Hui-o) was an avid policeman running on Tantan Street, but became involved in a specific incident and turned into a Noh Hui-o character, who had an anger control disorder as a result of the aftermath. It is a situation where I wonder what kind of attitude he would have accepted the character of Noh Hui-o, who needs extraordinary energy as he has to digest a character who is difficult to bear anger.

Jungwoo said, “The character came to be attractive. The reason for expressing anger or emotion was clear, and realistic episodes that could occur in everyday life were both sympathetic and fresh,” he explained, explaining the charm of the work he felt.

https://www.sportsworldi.com/newsView/20210507504459

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Jung Woo Shares Why It Felt Refreshing To Play A Character With Anger Management Issues In New Rom-Com

e6745ee97f964e31a6225901c6fefb86.jpeg?s=

May 7, 2021
by C. Hong

KakaoTV’s new drama “Crazy Person in the Area” (literal translation) released new stills of Jung Woo’s character.

“Crazy Person in the Area” is a romantic comedy about two people with painful pasts who go through a complicated process of hurting and healing while falling in love. Jung Woo stars as No Hwi Oh, a police detective who develops anger management issues after a traumatic incident. Oh Yeon Seo stars as Lee Min Kyung, a woman caught up in her own delusions who easily angers other people.

jung-woo-3.jpeg

Jung Woo said, “I felt a certain attraction to the character. I could understand his anger, as well as other emotions, and the drama dealt with things that could easily happen in real life. It felt both relatable and fresh.”

jung-woo-1.jpg

He went on, “It was very refreshing to play a character who freely expresses his raw emotions exactly as he feels them. I felt sympathy for him, like I wanted to protect him from the world. Because he’s so honest, he has a certain innocence as well.”

However, he shared that it could also be tough to play a character like this. “I had to film a lot of scenes when I was shouting and exploding with anger,” he said. “It’s not easy to film such dynamic scenes over and over. There were times when we had to improvise things depending on the situation that day.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467959wpp/jung-woo-shares-why-it-felt-refreshing-to-play-a-character-with-anger-management-issues-in-new-rom-com

• Like 4