[Drama 2021] The Crazy Guy in This District/Mad for Each Other, 이 구역의 미친 X

larus

Ugh. My heart breaks for our otp.. 

Min Kyung should've given Hwi Oh a chance to speak. Problem with her is she assumes the worse & freaks out easily. I mean it's understandable but hey, the guy already told you he's on your side. So yea very unfortunate. 

Poor Howi~ what a psycho ex! He still show no remorse. I think the mom should be sent to a psych facility as well for her behavior - disgusting. 

Hwi Oh's ex is just as bad. She definitely added fuel to fire & sabotage Hwi Oh's relationship. I really hope this 2 work things out. They deserve happiness after all the **** they both went through. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I feel so giddy after Ep 10. I can't stop smiling. I love the goofy, awkward romance between the two. It is quite refreshing and relatable. :wub: The ahjummas redeemed themselves. I think we all have such nosy ahjummas who are nosy but quintessentially have a good heart.

Can we talk about Jung Woo and his brilliant portrayal of a very relatable guy?  I feel the fact that he has such a guy next door looks that it works so much in favour of him in slice of life dramas. 

Oh Yeon-Seo      is perfect for the role. She is strong but vulnerable. Fearless but Fragile. But, she is getting her true self back. No Whi-Oh is the best person  to help her get back on her feet. They are truly Mad Made for Each Other. Off to watch EP 10. This drama is like my guilty pleasure. I savor each episode. It is like  a bowl of delectable ice-cream, the one that you relish every spoonful. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Ah sorry for posting again, but if I don't get this off my chest, I won't be able to sleep tonight. Gawd, it hurts!:tears: My heart is breaking for them both. I can't blame either one of them. I guess as Mark Knopfler says in 'Romeo and Juliet', "When you gonna realize it was just that the time was wrong, Juliet?" I hate the break-up but I think this is needed to relearn to trust each other, and heal. They need time out to sort themselves first. They have resolved the issues they had but now they need to accept themselves to be who they are. 

No Whi-Oh  has already admitted that the source of his anger was he himself. It is now Oh Yeon-Seo turn to accept and forgive herself. She cannot berate herself for a mistake forever. She needs to forgive herself and move on. She is still clinging to the past and the mistake that she made, an error of judgment on her part. Instead of moving out, she needs to stay put, come to terms with everything that had happened and forgive herself.

That ex-boyfriend is a real piece of work.  He should be rotting in the prison forever.

Just one episode left. I hope they reconcile. They are truly made for each other.

• Like 4

I am at episode 6. I am enjoying watching this drama.

I smiled when Min-Kyung was watching the movie A Man from Nowhere and Won Bin transformed in Jung Woo, well in Whi-Oh. :D  

At first I thought she named the dog Whi-Oh but it was Howi. :w00t:

She ordered food at the wrong adress on purpose. Nice move.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Dear Chingus,

This is my first poll! Please vote! :hooray:

Please don't hesitate to tag me or PM me in case you have ideas for future polls.:fullofhearts:

@larus@backstreetboysfan @the girl who!@jayakris@itsmeash@classyviews@youactlikeicare @africandramalover @delta777@Latte_Anyday @LeftCoastOppa

re: @partyon  @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @agenth

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

I'm kinda scared because it's only a half hourish episode and there is so much to fix and finish up... I have faith, but I'm also kinda scared of possible rushed ending feeling.

Most of all, though, I just want our babies to get their happy ending together!!

• Like 4

Yay, that was a nice final episode.  Especially beating up a guy at the end, which came out of nowhere, unexpectedly!  Haha.  I was laughing throughout that scene.  I don't want to spoil it for you, so I will wait for all of you to watch the episode.

The hospital scene between our leads was really sweet!!

And it seems there was a real puppy and a puppy doll like the real one ( gamja/ potato and kokuma/ sweet potato)!

• Like 2

I'd miss this drama, especially the 2 leads. They should team up again in future projects. Their chemistry is on fire LoL. 

Didn't like how Min Kyung kept running away or playing the noble idiot aish. 

That useless good for nothing ex. He deserves the death sentence. Why waste tax payer's money on keeping him in prison?! Plus prisons are overcrowded. 

I like that eventhough the male lead is not conventionally handsome, he's oddly ruggedly manly LoL. And very charming of course. I especially love his dorky laugh. 

Oh well onto the next drama. Take care y'all XoX. 

P/s:- I wish I had a neighbor as sweet, kind & warm as Hwi Oh. I seem to be surrounded by weirdos LoL. They only stare & hide geez LoL. 

• Like 4

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] The Crazy Guy in This District/Mad for Each Other, 이 구역의 미친 X
Spoiler

This is my third attempt at writing this comment. :cries:I mistakenly clicked on delete once. Another time, the laptop shut down.

I feel bitter-sweet saying goodbye to the show. It has made quite an impression on me with its balanced story telling. No OTT situations, no OTT acting. But two very believable actors. I think their look and their casting was perfect. We needed a guy next door and we found it in  No Whi-Oh  (Jung Woo) and beautiful but vulnerable young woman in Lee Min-Kyung  (Oh Yeon Seo). They have done full justice to their characters.:hooray:

As far as the last episode is concerned, I agree with @Latte_Anyday, we could have done without the 'noble idiocy, especially after the heartfelt hospital reunion. But thank god, they sorted it out and though I would have liked to watch the couple some more, I was happy and satisfied with the ending, although there was a mini , but much needed separation. She needed to find her confidence to be in a relationship.

I was elated to get a glimpse of Samantha and the convenience store part-timer.  Yang being caught  and No Whi-Oh  getting his job back. (Though it was surprisingly funny how he had no back back up in spite of being a drug kingpin.Bonus for catching the pervert too. :issohappy:) The ex needed more bashing and I hope he rots in prison forever! Overall, my heart is glad to see all ends neatly tied. 

As I bid the show goodbye,  Jung Woo and Oh Yeon Seo have found a fan in me and I second @Latte_Anyday, I fervently hope to see them pair up again. In the meantime, I will continue with Reply 1994, just for Jung Woo. :fullofhearts:

Hope to meet my fellow chingus on the next drama very soon. :heartxoxo:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Mad for Each Other: Episodes 10-13 (Series Review)

by missvictrix

MFEO_1F.jpg

Things get intense in the final portion of our story! For all the progress our characters have made, they still have some demons to face, and battles to fight, before we reach the end of our tale. Their trust in each other is put to the test, and it’s quite the ride.

EPISODES 10-13 REVIEW

After ending our last review with Hwi-oh and Min-kyung’s adorable agreement and partnership, the two get even more comfortable with each other. Comfort leads to cuteness, and cuteness leads to romance. And, as mentioned in the Episode 4-9 review, Hwi-oh and Min-kyung are such a great fit that it’s a joy to watch them together.

When they finally hook up and become an official couple in Episode 10, it feels like just the right timing in the story. We’ve seen how they need each other, and how they balance each other — and the metaphor of the emergency whistle is one of the best mechanisms the story uses to show us this. Hwi-oh is the protector, and Min-kyung has a way to feel safe. But it’s too soon for the story to end, right? More closure required. And in drama, that usually means putting people to the test.

MFEO_3F.jpg

The return of the exes turns out to be our couples’ biggest test, and even though this looks very different for each of them, both reappearances start a chain reaction of chaos that continues through the final episodes.

We didn’t know much about Hwi-oh’s past before this, romantic or otherwise, but despite being tropey, I liked the return of his ex-lover. It fit the narrative quite well for me: Hwi-oh was abandoned by the woman he loved. It makes sense that the anger from that situation, and his lack of control over it, later came out in unfortunate ways in his emotions and his professional life.

His ex’s appearance is also an important part of Hwi-oh’s moving on. I would argue that between getting closure from that scenario, and falling in love with Min-kyung (and the therapy of course), he’s well on his path to healing. So when he finally gets the letter from his psychiatrist saying he’s ready to return to work, it feels like the right time.

MFEO_4F.jpg

The downside of this returning ex, of course, is the impact it has on Min-kyung. She’s shattered by this woman’s re-appearance (and taunting behavior), and Min-kyung is still so vulnerable at this point as to have her confidence in herself and others flattened in a matter of moments.

Hwi-oh might try to set it to rights later, but this doesn’t go well. It goes horribly actually. It’s a superbly written and acted exchange, mostly because we have such strong psychological insight on each of our characters at this point that we know what each is thinking, and the anger (Hwi-oh) or terror (Min-kyung) they are trying to keep at bay.

Their whole interaction here goes through such a sequence of raw emotions, from Min-kyung’s upsetness, to Hwi-oh trying to comfort her, to that horrible moment where she/we realize he doesn’t fully believe her and the whole thing turns absolutely cold.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/06/mad-for-each-other-episodes-10-13-series-review/

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

This show is such a gem. A great, random find.

I was hesitant to watch this because I didn't want to see mental health being treated in a perfunctory way, like some cute little quirk that people have, and all it takes is just one good dramatic speech to fix everything. I also didn't want to see characters who are just screaming all the time or having convulsions because that's what "mentally ill" people apparently act like.

But... this works. The story feels very genuine and heartfelt. Despite the title, it's not so much about their so-called afflictions, but just a story about humans who have been hurt and how they find their way towards healing. And that would be every human.

Also, it's really funny and sad and just well-told and well-acted. It's not long at all, 13 episodes, about 30+ minutes each. Highly recommended.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1