[Drama 2021] The Crazy Guy in This District/Mad for Each Other, 이 구역의 미친 X

larus

This is a good drama. I really like the ML's character. He has temper issues, he knows it and is doing something about it. But he doesn't take it out on women, children or animals. I appreciate how hard he tries to rein his temper even when the FL is trying it constantly. He is easy going. Forgives and forgets.  Not one to hold any grudges. He feels repentance. He is basically a good guy.

FL is opening up to him. I am sad to see her cower and attempting to flee again. I hope the ML will give her his support and help her fight her demons. She can't be running away forever.

Love the interactions between the two leads. They are such natural actors. Not once do I feel that they are actors playing a character on television. But, what I love the most is how  the show tries to make people more accepting and understanding of other people's choices. (Samantha) It is their life, their choice. They are not really harming us with their choices, why not let them be, instead of looking at them suspiciously? Overall, a great easy on the eyes drama. Love it.

• Like 5

Damn, this is good.  I just happened to run into this drama on Netflix, and I love it after watching 5 episodes.  Surprised that not many are talking about it here. 

I agree @confusedheart326 that the leads are both such natural actors.  The drama is actually quite well-written so far too.

• Like 3

I agree. It's such a shame that not many are talking about it. It is a lot better than some of the rom-coms on air currently. It has a good slow burn romance and tackles some serious mental health related issues. The ML's comic timing is impeccable. I have become  a big fan of this actor.  I love the two leads. They make a very good team.   :heartxoxo:

• Like 5

The quirky nature of the characters and the writing keeps me totally hooked.  The ending of Ep 7 had me seriously LOL.  Oh Yeon Seo has been superb in this drama.   And I appreciate it that the psychological issues are shown in all seriousness.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, itsmeash said:

This may end up being top 3 favorite 2021 dramas for me.

It may even get into my top-10 all time, actually!  A really well-made drama.

Little quirky things in the drama catch my attention.  Like, today, in the restaurant scene in Epidoe 9.  She did not chew or swallow the food in her mouth for almost three minutes from when he said "what do you mean nobody is on your side?" till he said "eat!"...  All through that serious and touching conversation, and taking the picture for proof and all that, you can see that she has food in her mouth.  She was that stunned at what he was saying.  It could not have been accidental.  The PD must have asked her to do that.  But to me, it showed a lot.

The disbelief in her, to the point of forgetting to swallow food, was sad to see.  But it is indeed possible for somebody to be that mentally affected by the kind of experience she had.  It had left her unable to even process the thought of anybody being by her side in this world.  Touching.

I also feel bad for all the people who are missing this great drama!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

They where so cute in episode 9, I am so glad those ladies said sorry and will have her back.

Yeah, the ladies were nice in the end.  They are also acting well.  They were supposed to provide some humor, and so were expected to act funny.  But they have not overdone it to a stupid extent and annoyed me.  Especially the chief lady.  She was great with her "what did we do?" expressions when our man gave them a piece of his mind!

By the way, is it just me, or does Oh Yeon Seo keep getting prettier as time goes by?  I have always liked her as an actress in many dramas, but she looks the cutest in this role.  Just a man's opinion.  She has been tremendous in this role.  Can't believe that I thought 11 years ago, that she was a much older actress when she did Queen Inwon in Dong Yi.  I didn't know that she was just 23 then, and have no idea how she looked like an older queen then.  I guess she is sorta ageless!

• Like 4

It's lil wonder how Min Kyung's dirt bag of an ex turned out so rotten. Look at his mom. She even dared Min Kyung to marry her wayward son are you kidding me!? 

How dare she call herself a mom?? Those nosy housewives honestly are on my nerves. How could you ask someone to move out just because they don't fit your "ideals" ugh. 

I'm glad Min Kyung listened to Hwi Oh & how he's empowering her to take charge of her life. Now there's 4 ep. to go. I'm lovin' this drama a lot. Her dog Howi is cute LoL. Hwaiting to Rose lens couple Min Kyung/Hwi Oh!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jayakris said:

Yeah, the ladies were nice in the end.  They are also acting well.  They were supposed to provide some humor, and so were expected to act funny.  But they have not overdone it to a stupid extent and annoyed me.  Especially the chief lady.  She was great with her "what did we do?" expressions when our man gave them a piece of his mind!

By the way, is it just me, or does Oh Yeon Seo keep getting prettier as time goes by?  I have always liked her as an actress in many dramas, but she looks the cutest in this role.  Just a man's opinion.  She has been tremendous in this role.  Can't believe that I thought 11 years ago, that she was a much older actress when she did Queen Inwon in Dong Yi.  I didn't know that she was just 23 then, and have no idea how she looked like an older queen then.  I guess she is sorta ageless!

It was great and not to much.

• Like 3

I love this drama so, so much. Everything about it. No Whi-Oh's own brand of therapy is what we all need. I can't stop admiring him. His casual nonchalant way of helping Lee Min-Kyung so that she doesn't feel obliged. The whistle, the way he extends his support and declared he would be her ally. Supporting her, cheering for you, giving her the courage and confidence in his own nonchalant way. Is there any reason to not love the man? I find his character utterly charming. The way he stands up for his people, give them courage and at the same time totally clueless about what the other person feels about him and tries silly ways to wiggle out the truth from Lee Min-Kyung (as to why she changed her mind about moving out/ or when she asked him over to have some ramyeon).  He is an adorable dork. :wub:

Can we also just talk about Jung Woo? This is my first drama of him and I fin him refreshingly good. Not over acting, no sleek style, just an ordinary guy next door. I am totally loving his acting, his character. He makes the character of No Whi-Oh so real. He is just so effortless. Both of them , in fact. I feel my eyes brimming with tears when her eyes brim with tears, or when she gives that injured look, I feel so deeply for her. She speaks so beautifully with her eyes.

Can we also please please, please talk about the beautiful budding friendship between Samantha and Lee Su-Hyun , the convenience store person? Lovely, so understanding. I guess Lee Min-Kyung was right in EP 10 when she said that in life, all we need  is just one ally, that one friend who believes in us, stands up for us, supports us and gives us the courage to stand up for what we believe in. :wub::tears:

Why is this such a beautiful drama, and so underrated? It's a shame that it has only 13 EPs and the duration of each episode is of such short duration. Moreover, it is a shame that people don't know / watch this drama. It deserves more love.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1