Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce), 결혼작사 이혼작곡 - Season 2 coming in second half of 2021

Marriage Lyrics: The End   

35 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give this drama?

• 5 - it was awesome!
    • 4 - I liked it!
    • 3 - it was so-so
    • 2 - uhm, not sure; I feel a bit conflicted about it
    • 1 - yeah, no!
    • 0 - are you telling me I wasted 16 hours of my life on this?
  2. 2. Who were your favorite characters? (choose as many as you like)

• 50s wife (Si Eun)
    • 50s husband (Hae Ryun)
    • 50s mistress (Nam Ga Bin)
    • 40s wife (Pi Young)
    • 40s husband (Yu Shin)
    • 40s mistress (A Mi)
    • Step-mom (Dong Mi)
    • 40s husband's dad (Shin Ki Rim)
    • 30s wife (Hye Rung)
    • 30s husband (Sa Hyun)
    • 30s mistress (Song Wan)
    • 30s husband's dad (Pan Moon Ho)
    • 30s husband's mom (So Ye Jung)
    • Dong Mi - the dog
    • 50s couple’s daughter (Hyang Ki)
    • 50s couple’s son (Woo Ram)
    • 40s couple’s daughter (Ji A)
    • The sound engineer (Seo Ban)
    • The oriental doctor (Jo Woong)
    • Someone else. Who?
  3. 3. Will you be watching Season 2?

• Yes, sign me up!
    • Not sure, I have doubts
    • No, you couldn't pay me to watch a second season of this nonsense!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/2021 at 03:00 PM

19 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Its a little weird that 40s wife is so naive.

She made a whole plan to meet  Yisun and marry him. I expected her to be more distrustful. 

I thought she'd be distrustful because of what happened with her parents, but plan to meet him or not, she's devoted herself to being the perfect wife and mother and really trusts him and their marriage. He's smart enough to figure out her plan, but given how slimy he is, I'd guess he saw her naivety and decided she was the perfect wife material.

• Like 10
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually from my male point of view, most of you here have been too hard on the women (except the 50s lady that nobody blames) - not the other way.  To me, all three men have been bad guys to various

To be honest, many of us were disappointed not to see Sung Hoon abs. Maybe she was disappointed too

My reflections so far:   Three women with 3 different personalities. Three cheating husbands.   Why did the men cheat? 30s couple: Pros- Wife is self-sufficient, wor

Greetings all. I can't believe it's this terrible drama that got me to finally register on Soompi.

I really think the radio producer guy is gay. He has his RickRoll'D together, is outwardly way single and doesn't appear to me to have any interest in any of these ladies (that we've seen). All of the women are so obsessed with "what's his deal?" that I'm pretty sure if there is a twist in this drama at all it will be that he's gay. Or he's related to one of the mistresses. Or he's the secret partner of one of the mistresses. I don't think any of our beleaguered wives will end up with him. 

The most realistic couple on this show is the parents of the lawyer husband. The constant bickering but still staying together means they will be together till they die even if it's with her hands around his throat. I kind of wish they would help their kid get out of his marriage. He's stated pretty clearly that he doesn't love her (or even like her). Why not let them both move on? This is one thing I don't understand about Korean culture. Why wouldn't people just want to move on with their lives?

At least the 50-something wife did let her husband go. {OT: She reminds me of the lead in Second 20s which is on Netflix and also about an older woman whose husband is cheating etc and she devoted her whole youth to taking care of him and the kid.)

I totally clocked that the older mistress was with 30s boy before they revealed it. She looked like the one most likely to be about to nest, for some reason.

• Like 8
  • Blob 3

We have to ask why the writer is having us sit through, at this point of the drama,  all the backstories of the husbands and mistresses for now two and possible three full episodes. It is so we can clearly see the conscious intention, day after day, by the husbands to betray their wives and families. Think of their false faces while those men continued to eat the food prepared for them, have sex with their wives, give honorable and moral talks to their children, issued lies about where they were and made false statements about their wives. These episodes are to remind us the husbands actively pursued the other women and this is not some mistaken or alcohol induced one night stand. They did this with intention.

And the calculating mistresses who are all aware they are in relationships with married men; some with children. Remember all the carefree scenes. Just shows the three women could care less about the impact of their relationships on the spouses and families. The writer is making sure we have little understanding or compassion for the three mistresses.

So why? So we burn people!  Our thirst for vengeance is only growing. Think about it..very soon all three women will be in the same position. Notice, not one of the three wives really has family or a support structure to turn to so will be each other. This writer know we need retribution of some sort. And there will be revenge...and it will come in various forms.

Well, anyway, this is the new story in my head..I feel better and can get through this next week.

• Like 11
  • Blob 3

It’s interesting that both the 40’s and 50’s husband have daughters ... probably to rub it in their faces on how terrible example they set as men .It will be interesting to see how they’ll react when confronted by their daughters. 50s husband was a mess and I’m looking forward to the 40s. It’s like that old saying “ The sins of the parent only affect the children”. They might get way Scot free but they are seriously damaging their daughters perception and approach to their relationships. 
They might defend and come up with excuses to defend their behaviour now , but if their son in law / partners of their daughters were to do the same suddenly it would be inexcusable behaviour. Classic hypocrisy.

like the 30s mom said , she’s only on his side because he’s her son but if her were her son in law..

I wonder if Haeryungs family will make an appearance.

Edited by Madu Mita
  • Like 9
  • Blob 1
5 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

like the 30s mom said , she’s only on his side because he’s her son but if her were her son in law..

I wonder if Haeryungs family will make an appearance.

I wonder if 30's brother and his family will make an appearance.

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

Yi Sun was ''honest'' because he said he is married.

But, Ah Mi just rested her head on his shoulder.  Crazy. :blink:

I dont see the chemistry between them.

Dong Mi was so excited.

She cooked that dish and then held YS' coat in her hands like some girl in love. crazy.

• Like 5
  • Blob 2
1 hour ago, qynn said:

I thought she'd be distrustful because of what happened with her parents, but plan to meet him or not, she's devoted herself to being the perfect wife and mother and really trusts him and their marriage. He's smart enough to figure out her plan, but given how slimy he is, I'd guess he saw her naivety and decided she was the perfect wife material.

12 minutes ago, NAB46 said:

Yep.

12 minutes ago, NAB46 said:

Yep.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Dong Mi was so excited.

She cooked that dish and then held YS' coat in her hands like some girl in love. crazy.

Dong Mi the step mum?

• Like 5
  • Blob 1
1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Dong Mi was so excited.

Bruh, that man out here getting a rise out of playing three women...

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Anyone saw Song Ji hyo's "listen to love" ??? I think that's the only cheating series that I wasn't so pissed off by the cheating person. It was more realistic why she cheated compared to this drama and even VIP.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, jayakris said:

But I think you are being too nice about Ga Bin.  I don't know how or why she got interested in the 50s husband, but she was definitely giving that dude all he could handle.  How she was throwing her sweetness at him, that also came close to a direct advance!  The professor didn't know what hit him.

What has been shown about their interaction was still fine for me. They met for the first time and she was just being polite and courteous, trying to give a good impression since they’re going to work together. So far it’s reasonable first meeting for me. No doubt they have good impression of each other. I want to see a little bit more of them, what made prof cross the line. Because up to that point, he was still happy about his marriage and dosirak. But I’ve seen enough for 40s couple. No more of them please. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 3

@ktcjdrama said:  ".....But I’ve seen enough for 40s couple. No more of them please."

Which 40's couple? With the wife, or mistress, or step mom. The 40's mistress couple may lay low for next week but pick up with 40's step mom.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Blob 2
24 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

Anyone saw Song Ji hyo's "listen to love" ??? I think that's the only cheating series that I wasn't so pissed off by the cheating person. It was more realistic why she cheated compared to this drama and even VIP.

I haven't seen "listen to love" so I don't know the reasons behind cheating in that drama.  But this drama does not seem to be about "why" these guys cheat.  It actually seems to be telling us that there is really no explanation for it, from their current marriage. 

The 30s husband has the flimsiest non-reasons for it. The 40s husband has no reason at all, whatsoever, to cheat. The 50's husband has every reason not to cheat on his loving wife, however worn out she is.  But they all cheat. 

No "why" behind it, except perhaps just infatuation with apple-eating lips, gym-toned behinds and a sweet-smiling celebrity face.  I think that's what the drama says.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 5

Below is what was posted at the official website as main introduction of the drama (translated using Papago). It makes me wonder what kind of message the writer wants to send viewers at the end of the day. 

"Half of the land is women, half is men."

Love like oxygen to everyone. Just as life cannot be maintained without oxygen, true love stabilizes the soul and feels happy. Even if you enjoy wealth and honor as much as you want, if you don't love properly, most of you feel empty, and even if you don't have wealth and honor, your life is fun and full when you're next to your own love. So everyone loves, dreams, and longs for the rest of their lives, and even when they get old and have deep wrinkles on their faces, they think of the word love several times a day. To be happy.

"How much happiness does God allow humans?"

How do individual humans find and make happiness? The story begins again as soon as you think it's all over.

In Chinese

Spoiler

"这片土地的一半是女人,一半是男人"

对所有人来说 爱情就像是氧气一样。就像没有氧气就无法维持生命一样,真正的爱情可以使灵魂安定并感到幸福。即使尽情享受财富和名誉,如果不能好好相爱,大部分都会空虚,即使过着没有财富和名誉的生活,只要身边有属于自己的爱情,人生就会快乐而充实。 因此,无论是谁,一生都在相爱、梦想、渴望,即使上了年纪脸上出现深深的皱纹,每天都会想起"爱情"这个词。 为了幸福。

"上帝会允许人类拥有多少幸福呢?"

每个人的幸福以什么样的方式寻找和创造呢? 认为一切都结束了的瞬间,故事又开始了。

In Korean, the original language 

Spoiler

"이 땅의 반은 여자, 반은 남자다"

모든 사람에게 마치 산소와 같은 사랑 산소가 없으면 생명을 유지할 수 없는 것처럼 진정한 사랑은 영혼이 안정되며 행복을 느낀다. 부와 명예를 맘껏 누려도, 제대로 된 사랑을 못 하면 대부분 공허하고, 부와 명예가 없는 삶이어도 나만의 사랑이 옆에 있으면 인생이 즐겁고 충만하다. 그래서 누구나 평생을 사랑하고 꿈꾸고 갈망하고, 나이 들어 얼굴에 깊은 주름이 패어도, 하루에 몇 번씩은 사랑이란 단어를 떠올린다. 행복하기 위해서

"신은 인간에게 얼만큼의 행복을 허락할까?"

개개인의 인간은 어떤 식으로 행복을 찾고 만들어갈까? 모든 것이 끝났다고 생각하는 순간 이야기는 다시 시작된다.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 4
7 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I haven't seen "listen to love" so I don't know the reasons behind cheating in that drama.  But this drama does not seem to be about "why" these guys cheat.  It actually seems to be telling us that there is really no explanation for it, from their current marriage. 

The 30s husband has the flimsiest non-reasons for it. The 40s husband has no reason at all, whatsoever, to cheat. The 50's husband has every reason not to cheat on his loving wife, however worn out she is.  But they all cheat. 

No "why" behind it, except perhaps just infatuation with apple-eating lips, gym-toned behinds and a sweet-smiling celebrity face.  I think that's what the drama says.

People can fall out of love but there's an honorable way to end a marriage. That is to not cheat, give it their best shot one last time and then do curtain call. They had zero reason to cheat. But yes, it happens in reality too. There's a Bengali film "Bela Sheshe" that actually focuses on older couple, divorce exceptionally well. I just don't see that nuance here. If the point was to see the male perspective in all of this, then I don't see any justifiable reason here except a string of selfishly made decisions. Go Back Spouses to did it way better.

• Like 8
  • Blob 3
On 2/20/2021 at 8:11 AM, airgelaal said:

He can be happy to have a baby.

Don’t think he’s ready for a baby his life will turn upside down. Falling in love ever 2 or 3 years with new butts because my wife and baby r so demanding if he burn out in 3 years with his marriage he’s not ready to be daddy.  She needs to walk away

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

I'd love to see:

*30's wife get a divorce & for ex to live up to his neck in baby poo

*40's wife catch on & divorce- he can move in with mama (barf)

*50's wife have SOB ex get dumped and come crawling back only for her to say...hell no!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 5
22 minutes ago, NAB46 said:

I'd love to see:

*30's wife get a divorce & for ex to live up to his neck in baby poo

*40's wife catch on & divorce- he can move in with mama (barf)

*50's wife have SOB ex get dumped and come crawling back only for her to say...hell no!

Yes to all this ideas

8 hours ago, joccu said:

@backstreetboysfan I also hope we don't get 2 season 

I also hope there is not 2nd season.

But the idea of the writer and producers was for one: I just hope is pay time for this 3 husbands, that wives live a better and improve life, and that this trio of garbage men suffer the result of their actions. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce), 결혼작사 이혼작곡 - Season 2 coming in second half of 2021